New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

1657: When I cast Otto's Irresistible Dance on the BBEG, I may not make him do the Caramelldansen dance.

1658: Similarly frowned upon is the Pony Pokie.

1659: And shufflin'.

1660: ... You know what, no more music-based spells for me.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Banned

1661: I am not allowed to make a paladin with a speech problem who can only say "Name. Job. Bye"

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

1662: My characters are required to wear clothes.
    1663: Pranking important NPCs is no longer allowed(ex. Important male Elven ambassador woke up wearing ladies' lingerie on the table for an international ambassador meeting he was supposed to be attending for insulting my character........he deserved it. Anyways...)
    1664: I cannot automatically attack Elves "just because they're prettier than me".
    1665: Razing towns to the ground because someone insulted my character is a no-no.
    1666: Secretly arranging for people(PCs and all) to be secretly shipped to some campaign equivalent to Siberia is no longer a hobby of my character.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

1667. My Psion must inform his/her partner before "experimenting" with Mind Switch.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    1667. My Psion must inform his/her partner before "experimenting" with Mind Switch.
    1667a. Using mind control for sexual experimentation is wrong, wrong, and more wrong. Even if I have real world SCIENCE to back up how being under dominate person would make it hotter and sexier for the body.

1668. Not allowed to abuse summon monster spells when I have the vow of peace.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2011-11-08 at 12:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

1668: Using three bluff checks and a hug to defeat the DM's planned boss fight while not illegal, is heavily frowned upon.

1669: Critting an insight check on a plot relevant evil npc will make the DM cry

1670: Sexually dominating that npc and convincing him to provide the party with a fully crewed yacht after that WILL result in the complet and utter desruction of the yacht.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster View Post
    1668: Using three bluff checks and a hug to defeat the DM's planned boss fight while not illegal, is heavily frowned upon.
    1668A: Same goes with using Diplomacy and Profession (Psychiatrist).

1671: I cannot use Profession (Psychiatrist) to uncover the BBEG's hidden emotional problems just to make him cry.

1672: I am no longer allowed to make a character named Sigheil Fraud. I will get smacked by my group.

1672A: Doubly so if one of them happens to be German.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #1088

1673: I may not take advantage of Invisibility to infiltrate locker rooms.

1673A: Groping counts as an attack action, and makes me visible immediately.

9. - Top - End - #1089

BardGuy

1674: playing a character who's controlled by a new dominant personality every time i roll a one while interesting can cause a great deal of annoyance if two of those personalities are overwhelming coward and complete and total pacifist
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post

That's why you use Greater Invisibility or HiPS.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    That's why you use Greater Invisibility or HiPS.
    If you're high enough level for that, you can just use Divination magic to do all that stuff.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster View Post
    1674: playing a character who's controlled by a new dominant personality every time i roll a one while interesting can cause a great deal of annoyance if two of those personalities are overwhelming coward and complete and total pacifist
    1674a: Split personality is not allowed if any of them wants to destroy the world.
    1674b: Its even worse if one of the split personalities has a split personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

1674a1: Destroying half of Australia, however, is perfectly acceptable.

1675: "Blame it on the endorphin rush" is not a get out clause.

1675a: "The endorphin rush is wearing off" is also not a valid way to end a rage.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2011-11-11 at 02:41 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

14. - Top - End - #1094

BlueKnightGuy

1676: mass invisibility was not designed for use in pranks, and I may not make part of a town invisible for a laugh.
    1676a: Nor in nightmare terrain.
    1676b: I may not use sculpt spell and mass invisibility a few times over to make everyone in a sleeping city invisible.
    1676c: Especially not allowed to pick up a few followers and some epic to make everyone in the world who's not me Permenantly Invisible
    1677: Being able to make the cliff I'm stood on invisible does not mean I can deny the laws of physics.
    1678: Flight/wall of force on an invisibily-obbsessed character cannot be used to convince other PCs to run off cliffs...

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

1674a1a: Conditioning that you set up a plan so the kangaroos will be saved.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

16. - Top - End - #1096

PaladinGuy

1679: My lich cannot split his phylactery in seven
    1679b: Said pieces cannot be enchanted to be invulnerable to all attack except for basilisk venom
    1679c: I may not play DM within one month of reading harry potter
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

17. - Top - End - #1097

1674a1b: As long as it's the half with the spiders.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post

1673B: While obviously distracting, if I grope the nubile female caster to trigger a concentration check, it will result in me being the main target of the spell.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

19. - Top - End - #1099

SwashbucklerGuy

1680: Not allowed to use PaO to make hundreds of cubic feet of lead into gold permanently.
    1680b: Not allowed to use PaO to make hundreds of cubic feet of copper into gold or platinum.
    1680c: Not allowed to use PaO in the City of Brass to turn sections of it into the City of Mercury, the City of Lead, the City of Uranium, or any other such thing.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    1680: Not allowed to use PaO to make hundreds of cubic feet of lead into gold permanently.
    1680b: Not allowed to use PaO to make hundreds of cubic feet of copper into gold or platinum.
    1680c: Not allowed to use PaO in the City of Brass to turn sections of it into the City of Mercury, the City of Lead, the City of Uranium, or any other such thing.
    By the RAW, you can't do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RAW
    This spell cannot create material of great intrinsic value, such as copper, silver, gems, silk, gold, platinum, mithral, or adamantine.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Ah, but what if you pick a metal without great intrinsic value in the economy of that world? Transforming it into francium or uranium technically wouldnt be breaking that rule.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #1102

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Details…

However, that WOULD still leave 1680c available… unless you count mercury or lead as more valuable than brass…

EDIT: Also, how would you define "Intrinsic value"? Would you still be allowed to turn waste lead from a mining operation into useful iron? Turn rusty items into non-rusty ones? Would it be ANY increase in value, or just anything that is above a certain value is a no-no… even if the original material is worth more?
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-11-12 at 05:03 PM.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

1681: The party motto is not "fireball first, speak with dead later".
    1681b: Even if that would be appropriate for our characters.
    1682: I may not create a warblade named Maxwell who wields a silvered greathammer.
    1683: Nor may I create a character whose primary mode of transportation is a gnomish submersible that has been painted yellow.
    1683b: Doubly so for a non-aquatic campaign.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2011-11-12 at 05:31 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

1683c. On the other hand, a high level wizard crafting an airship is both acceptable and awesome.
    1683d. Using the airship to take out a dungeon revokes my airship privileges.

1684. My default solution for getting rid of an enemy is not teleporting them to Australia. Even if I use that spell that redirects a teleport spell into a desert.

25. - Top - End - #1105

BlueWizardGirl

1685. I am limited to 12 oz of mountain dew per session.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

1686: I am no longer allowed to roast marshmallows over Cthugha.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    1682: I may not create a warblade named Maxwell who wields a silvered greathammer.
    1683: Nor may I create a character whose primary mode of transportation is a gnomish submersible that has been painted yellow.
    ... You win the thread.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post
    1685. I am limited to 12 oz of mountain dew per session.
    1685b: I am limited to 8 oz of any liquid per session. Constantly getting up to use the toilet interrupts play.
    Jude P.

29. - Top - End - #1109

BardGuy

1687: wild shape is not my solution to every problem, even if it does solve all of them
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    beat you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    1605: Said bard will neither be named "Maxwell Edison"

1605a: Especially if he focuses on debuffing bardic music...