New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XV: The Greater and Powerful-er Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Hmmmm... Im going to need pre-readers then to make sure i dont go super nova mary sue.

ITs quite easy for me to do that sometimes, especially in roleplays. Its it an effective mary sue avoidance to make a team that draws on eachothers skills? or is that basically the same thing?
    I'm sure you will get several people willing to critique it, if you wish. I do know how difficult it can be to not overdue it, or in the reverse, to never put your character through anything negative.

Probably the best prevention is to give good them supporting characters, so that a single character isn't forced to do everything for themselves. Even if it isn't a team per se, most single-protagonists in stories have secondary characters they can visit for advice or expertise they can't cover.

And for all advise, there is BobCat's comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Actually, can I sig this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    In case anyone's interested, here's Hi Res version of the OP

<linked because I don't want to detonate the thread> :P
    I'm feeling like watching Boast Busters again now.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be from Europe, would you?
    No, I'm not. What makes you ask that?

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    If nopony wants to, can I post it?

Spoiler
    Show

Welcome!
    Why thank you, good pony!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    After catching up, I suddenly have so many things to talk about with our "good" (not technically your alignment, but y'know, convention) Commodore.

First, I'd really like to hear more about your Spike and Rainbow Dash idea. I really haven't run across that one before, and I'm curious as to the logic.

Also, I had a thought that makes Spike less tragic, even if he's long-lived. Let's take the assumption that the dragon egg cracking really is Kobayashi Maru for ponies. That would both explain why Equestria isn't lousy with entrance exam dragons, and indicate that Spike is very unusual.

In that case, perhaps there are special accommodations to be made, and instead of becoming another wild dragon, since he's essentially been raised in captivity, he will instead get a chance to move back in with the only other creatures that we know have nigh-immortal lifespans: the Princesses. We know Spike already likes Canterlot life, and I can't really see him going away to some dreary cave and collecting baubles; maybe instead he'll serve the sisters as another military back-up, like the Wonderbolts.

In fact, it's sort of win-win (with a slightly sad twist): the Princesses get someone else to spend eternity with, and Spike gets to be a contributing member of Equestria even after the initial shock of losing his friends, and both groups of (nigh) immortals have shoulders to cry on when the bad days come and the memories eat at them.
    I don't like that idea. It means that he never will move out from his mum's basement (metaphorical spoken). Spike will at one day outlive his surrogate mother Twilight, but that's the way it is. It's the same way with humans, we will lose our parents one day, too, and our grandparents much sooner ( btw). But we will cope with that, and we should trust Spike that he will too, although he will outlive his "parents" by millennia, not decades. I'd rather see him as a wise old dragon in his own cave who shares his experience with the younger generation than stuck in Celestia's castle with regret over the loss of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hardly a high quality infographic (it's a real word!), but I feel it shows the decline in thread duration pretty quickly.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'm sure you will get several people willing to critique it, if you wish. I do know how difficult it can be to not overdue it, or in the reverse, to never put your character through anything negative.

Probably the best prevention is to give good them supporting characters, so that a single character isn't forced to do everything for themselves. Even if it isn't a team per se, most single-protagonists in stories have secondary characters they can visit for advice or expertise they can't cover.

And for all advise, there is BobCat's comment:

Actually, can I sig this?

I'm feeling like watching Boast Busters again now.
    Go ahead. I'm an attention horse, after all.

Edit: I'm noticing a correlation between the speed of the thread and me going from 14 credits in school, with classes 4 days a week, and 3 credits, with class one day a week for the summer.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-13 at 03:38 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tirunedeth View Post
    No, I'm not. What makes you ask that?
    Setup for a really bad pun.

Anypony here from Europe?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-07-13 at 03:41 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Hardly a high quality infographic (it's a real word!), but I feel it shows the decline in thread duration pretty quickly.
    A little math my brother whipped up (he swears he'll jump in the thread someday):

50 pages in 5 days = 10 pages per day = roughly 1 page per 2 hours
    1 page = 30 posts (roughly)
    50 pages in 5 days = (roughly) 1 post every 4 minutes

Just a little something to think about.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Set up for a really bad pun.

I believe Sweetie Welf is.

Also Trixie.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Also Trixie.
    Dot's true.
    Also: "Sweetie Welf" cracks me up for some reason

Setup for a really bad pun.

So, "knock knock"?
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-07-13 at 03:47 PM.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Also Trixie.
    Lix is too.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Go ahead. I'm an attention horse, after all.
    That was awful. You should consider yourself lucky we're not roping you into our airship escapades - belters like that pun would be appreciated.

Speaking of which, The Court-'Ship of Luna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flock mumbles as she nuzzles Luna, who she still clings to. The black flames creeping up the pegasus' flank are extinguished as she passes out from exhaustion. The Socks flies off into a molten-gold sunset, soon to drop a very emotionally charged pegasus onto an unsuspecting world - right about the time that Cerberus throws her overboard. And so a chapter closes as another begins, with no loose ends left anywhere.

In the Deep Void, Things stir.

In the dreamscape, chaos, cupcakes and cultists run amok.

In Ponyville, Shimmer's refridgerator is running (she forgot to tie it up before she left).

No loose ends left anywhere.

Edit: I'm European, what do you want?
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-07-13 at 03:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Dot's true.
    Also: "Sweetie Welf..." cracks me up for some reason

So, "knock knock"?
    I double dog dare you to change your name to Sweetie Welf.

Double.

Dog.

Dare.

With a twist and a half pike.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

@ AORTS Commander: Right. Every time I say "I like the idea of a dragonborn race" I'm not taking credit for it.

Though I do think that Spike's age is "baby." Unless the Baby Dragon race is so constantly sleepy that when Spike needed sleep, Twilight said, "You need your rest. You are a BABY dragon, after all."
    Aotrs. Pronounced "A (as in "hay")-oat-ers."

Given the prevelance for dragons to hibernate for long periods, I don't think Spike's additional sleep requirements are all that unusual. (Actually, that's another thing he has in common with Dash.) Particularly if ponies only require a compartively small amount of sleep like terrestrial equines. (Spike might not even need than much sleep by human standards, but that might still be vastly less than ponies need.)

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat
    As for Spike's duties, he strikes me as having the responsibilities of a medieval style apprentice (though he is literate, so he has that in his favor); he does grunt work that doesn't require a lot of skill beyond knowing where the books/food/etc is located, he does dictation (sometimes better than others), etc. I see him as being roughly 9-12 (or Apple Bloom's age. See his problems with pretty ordinary big words in the pilot). I mean when I was 10, I was looking after the neighbors' animals when they were out of town.
    That doesn't sit right with me, personally, though. If he's the same age as Applebloom, why does he not go to school? (As I say, there's no evidence Twilight schools him.) So, he's either considered too young for school (which seems odd) or dragon child-labour is acceptable... Not too mention it means that the ponies consider it okay to send a 9-12 years old off alone to Canterlot or to take care of themselves for an unspecified period of time. Either that, or if he has the responsibilites of an adult, like a lot of fantasy child protagonists (e.g. in Naruto) or general medieval or Roman standards, it also means should be afforded the priviledges as well.

I just don't see the way he acts and is treated as being consistent with him being an actual baby (aside from in Twilight's own a-bit-overprotective-mother-mindset - when she stops long enough to think about it.) Spike seems to be me to closer to Twilight's (mental) age group than Applebloom's. Unless canon states otherwise, I reckon he's somewhere in between.

Or, if he wound up with someone his own age like I prefer, he'd be a useful assistant to a famous singer, an extreme athlete or a kung fu carpenter. Just to name some random examples off the top of my head, certainly not implying anything, nope.
    What has age got to do with anything? It's just a number. I think people place far too much emphasis on it. (My sister is eight years junior to her husband and quite happy thank you!) I find pairings based on "they're both the same age, so perforce they must be in a relationship" to be the absolute least convincing reasoning of all1. I'm kinda surprised the thought even crossed your mind, of all people actually, considering you tend to be picky about having good reasons for shipping (more so than me.) It's not that I can't see Spike/CMC (individually or all at once, whatever; somepony had to say it...), I just don't think that the likelihood of it is any less or more likely than anypony else.

(Also, it's funny, whenever Spike-outlives-lover is invoked, it's never Applebloom or someone, it's always Rarity; despite the fact that under those circumstances, the age gap between the CMC and the mane cast is utterly neligable... Go figure.)

1With the sole exception of statements based on "that relationship won't work, because she's taller than him" and similar which is so mind-boggling shallow and stupid I can't actually make a coherent responce other than to use my rocket launcher.

(Wolverine seems to be able to have plenty of relationships, and he gets hit on both counts.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-07-13 at 04:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

We interrupt your regularly scheduled 4 a minute fangasumes too bring you this.

I'm attempting to bring an old friend into the fold, so to speak, but she's balking because it's My Little Pony, and the fact that the after title is Friend Ship is Magic, I am told, is kinda not helping.

I'm trying to convince her to really give the series a chance and watch the whole of season 1 before rendering judgement (I figure if she hasn't seen enough Hijinx, particularly out of Twilight, and Fluttershy, and occasionally from Rarity and Dash, whom I think she will identify with if she gives a go, then it's just not for her.)

Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts? Random musings? Insights? Jedi Mind Tricks? Anypony?
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't like that idea. It means that he never will move out from his mum's basement (metaphorical spoken). Spike will at one day outlive his surrogate mother Twilight, but that's the way it is. It's the same way with humans, we will lose our parents one day, too, and our grandparents much sooner ( btw). But we will cope with that, and we should trust Spike that he will too, although he will outlive his "parents" by millennia, not decades. I'd rather see him as a wise old dragon in his own cave who shares his experience with the younger generation than stuck in Celestia's castle with regret over the loss of the past.
    The problem with that is that any new friends he makes after the mane 6 are dead are going to die also, he either becomes a lonely hermit like most other dragons or suffers the pain of losing his loved ones a dozen times over. Also, I don't consider Twilight to be his surrogate mother. She's much more like his big sister who takes care of him and uses him as an assistant. I know we're all supposed to outlive our parents but outliving ones siblings seems worse somehow. Honestly if he has a true dragons lifespan, then the only way he'll be able to live without cutting himself off from the world is by keeping in touch with Luna and Celestia.

As for Spikes age, he was hatched when Twilight got her cutie mark. I'd say that made her between 8 and 12 seeing as its a puberty metaphor. Assuming she was 9, that would make Spike between 10 and 12 now. He acts somewhat more mature than that but I chalk that up to being raised by a sister instead of a mother and working as Twilights assistant. He had to grow up faster than the average kid.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Aotrs. Pronounced "A (as in "hay")-oat-ers."

Given the prevelance for dragons to hibernate for long periods, I don't think Spike's additional sleep requirements are all that unusual. (Actually, that's another thing he has in common with Dash.) Particularly if ponies only require a compartively small amount of sleep like terrestrial equines. (Spike might not even need than much sleep by human standards, but that might still be vastly less than ponies need.)

That doesn't sit right with me, personally, though. If he's the same age as Applebloom, why does he not go to school? (As I say, there's no evidence Twilight schools him.) So, he's either considered too young for school (which seems odd) or dragon child-labour is acceptable... Not too mention it means that the ponies consider it okay to send a 9-12 years old off alone to Canterlot or to take care of themselves for an unspecified period of time. Either that, or if he has the responsibilites of an adult, like a lot of fantasy child protagonists (e.g. in Naruto) or general medieval or Roman standards, it also means should be afforded the priviledges as well.

I just don't see the way he acts as is treated as being consistent with him being an actual baby (aside from in Twilight's own a-bit-overprotective-mother-mindset - when she stops long enough to think about it.) Spike seems to be me to closer to Twilight's (mental) age group than Applebloom's. Unless canon states otherwise, I reckon he's somewhere in between.

What has age got to do with anything? It's just a number. I think people place far too much emphasis on it. (My sister is eight years junior to her husband and quite happy thank you!) I find pairings based on "they're both the same age, so perforce they must be in a relationship" to be the absolute least convincing reasoning of all1. I'm kinda surprised the thought even crossed your mind, of all people actually, considering you tend to be picky about having good reasons for shipping (more so than me.) It's not that I can't see Spike/CMC (individually or all at once, whatever; somepony had to say it...), I just don't think that the likelihood of it is any less or more likely than anypony else.

(Also, it's funny, whenever Spike-outlives-lover is invoked, it's never Applebloom or someone, it's always Rarity; despite the fact that under those circumstances, the age gap between the CMC and the mane cast is utterly neligable... Go figure.)

1With the sole exception of statements based on "that relationship won't work, because she's taller than him" and similar which is so mind-boggling shallow and stupid I can't actually make a coherent responce other than to use my rocket launcher.

(Wolverine seems to be able to have plenty of relationships, and he gets hit on both counts.)
    Wolverine isn't exactly someone to look at as an example for a healthy psyche, as much as I love the guy.

And I what I was getting at is that deep down, I just see a maturity gap between Spike and Rarity that Spike will take years to catch up with, by which point I suspect Rarity will find someone else. My fundamental reason for not believing in Spikity is that I can't see them ever finding a common bond for romance. To my mind, it's strictly one way, unrequited affection for somepony who, judging by Best Night Ever, is used to the men in her life doing her favors and being attracted to her. I think he'd be happier with someone else, frankly.

And this isn't a slam on Rarity. She's just someone who's extremely high maintenance and for all her generosity has a bit of a selfish streak that pops up now and again.

And I know that age is just a number. My grandparents on my father's side had a large age difference, and they seemed happy with each other. The reason I cited the ponies his age is that I can see him finding common ground with the crusaders more easily than Rarity. Apple Bloom/Spike pictures make me d'aw. Sweetie Belle on her own makes me d'aw and the thought of her having puppy love makes me d'aw further. And Scootaloo is the Destined Greatest Pegasus of her generation and Spike would be lucky to be with her.

Just to show you that my reasoning skills haven't atrophied in favor of "age = love," I could see Spike/Dash working MUCH better than Spike/Rarity. I could see them having a relationship of equals, enjoying the same things (especially if Spike gets wings) and understanding each other.

Fundamentally, I think Spike's crush isn't on Rarity Per Se, it's on the pretty unicorn he's built an idealized version of in his mind. I had crushes like that when I was little, where any sort of reciprocation from the older woman would have just scared me away.

Also I couldn't pass up the chance to use the phrase "kung fu carpenter" to describe Apple Bloom's future.

And sorry about forgetting the letters of your acronym.

17. - Top - End - #137

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I'm trying to convince her to really give the series a chance and watch the whole of season 1 before rendering judgement (I figure if she hasn't seen enough Hijinx, particularly out of Twilight, and Fluttershy, and occasionally from Rarity and Dash, whom I think she will identify with if she gives a go, then it's just not for her.)

Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts? Random musings? Insights? Jedi Mind Tricks? Anypony?
    Are you looking for episodes to convince her about the series, or video bits to convince her to watch it?

I personally put Sonic Rainboom and Winter Wrap Up as some of my favorites, and probably the best to show first. Suited for Success also comes to mind, especially if she likes the music from Winter Wrap Up. Feeling Pinkie Keen is a good one if she likes Twilight, and Stare Master would be good for Fluttershy. I liked Rarity in A Dog and Pony Show.

Oddly enough, I don't have any other episodes to recommend for Rainbow Dash. Huh.

As for video bits, perhaps the best parts of the above? I wouldn't show off the actual Rainboom (it kind of kills the episode to see it beforehand) but the songs of Winter Wrap Up/Art of the Dress are nice, especially if you can get only the first part of the second. Cutie Mark Crusaders Carpenters comes to mind, as does Rarity whining.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

And I what I was getting at is that deep down, I just see a maturity gap between Spike and Rarity that Spike will take years to catch up with, by which point I suspect Rarity will find someone else. My fundamental reason for not believing in Spikity is that I can't see them ever finding a common bond for romance. To my mind, it's strictly one way, unrequited affection for somepony who, judging by Best Night Ever, is used to the men in her life doing her favors and being attracted to her. I think he'd be happier with someone else, frankly.
    My thought is Rarity herself is rather too unrealistically enamoured with her own fantasies, and someday she'll realise (maybe after the disaster at the Gala), she's setting her standards to an impossible level. (She'll have to realise that before she can have a relationship with anyone.)

(And you gotta give props to Spike, he really does try to be gentlecoltly. Also, there are not many folks who happily let someone use them as a pin cushion just for the pleasure of their company. At least, and not have it be creepy.)

Just to show you that my reasoning skills haven't atrophied in favor of "age = love," I could see Spike/Dash working MUCH better than Spike/Rarity. I could see them having a relationship of equals, enjoying the same things (especially if Spike gets wings) and understanding each other.

Fundamentally, I think Spike's crush isn't on Rarity Per Se, it's on the pretty unicorn he's built an idealized version of in his mind. I had crushes like that when I was little, where any sort of reciprocation from the older woman would have just scared me away.
    Fair enough.

I could see Spike and Pinkie relatively easily too (for similar reasons).

Also I couldn't pass up the chance to use the phrase "kung fu carpenter" to describe Apple Bloom's future.
    There is that.

I still think the CMC has a future as superheroes with their own special super powers...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Welp, I've completely lost track of what's going on in the airship battle, so have a pony-generator'd Shining Shores/"Nightlight";
    Hmmm, pretty nice, non-clashing colors, though, eye seems to be a bit too bright. Tail could use 2 colors, and the mark is really nice if really drawn in paint only.
    Gack! Accidentally giving myself way too much credit there – I meant to say that I’d used Paint to edit together a couple of images I’d found on the ‘net. Sorry - I edited the post a few times, and lost that bit in the process. Really need to stop doing that.

Also, alicorn body shape. Why it's so popular these days? :E
    *Headdesk* I wasn't trying for alicorn - I just thought "tall and fairly solid", and adjusted the sliders accordingly. Whoops!

My thanks go to you, and to the others who commented on this - your critiques have been noted; mark two is in the pipeline, and filling in his “profile”/backstory will help keep me sane as work gets crazy over the next couple of weeks.

Okay, I’m starting to feel a little guilty that the only time I ever contribute here is to talk about myself, but I kind of wanted to answer this last reply (I have a really bad reputation for failing to maintain dialogue I start).
    This is the last time I’ll do this! Next post from me will be completely relevant to the topic at hand, I promise! pinkie swear -

cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my...

Excuse me, I have to go wash baked goods off my glasses...

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    The problem with that is that any new friends he makes after the mane 6 are dead are going to die also, he either becomes a lonely hermit like most other dragons or suffers the pain of losing his loved ones a dozen times over. Also, I don't consider Twilight to be his surrogate mother. She's much more like his big sister who takes care of him and uses him as an assistant. I know we're all supposed to outlive our parents but outliving ones siblings seems worse somehow. Honestly if he has a true dragons lifespan, then the only way he'll be able to live without cutting himself off from the world is by keeping in touch with Luna and Celestia.
    Staying in contact with Luna and Celestia as friends is a good idea. As long as it implies that Spike will be independent.
    But I see Spike's long life positiver; it gives the opportunity to get to know new ponies. He will lose them, but also carry on their memories. That was Celestia's life for a thousand years, and she seems okay.

s for Spikes age, he was hatched when Twilight got her cutie mark. I'd say that made her between 8 and 12 seeing as its a puberty metaphor. Assuming she was 9, that would make Spike between 10 and 12 now. He acts somewhat more mature than that but I chalk that up to being raised by a sister instead of a mother and working as Twilights assistant. He had to grow up faster than the average kid.
    I think Spike is physical as old as Applebloom, but mentally in his early teens, something around 14. Maybe dragons mature a little faster than ponies.

I double dog dare you to change your name to Sweetie Welf.

Double.

Dog.

Dare.

With a twist and a half pike.
    I'm thinking I'm thinking...
    ― Joseph Stalin

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quick, everyone start pressuring!

Sweetie Welf! Sweetie Welf! Sweetie Welf! Sweetie Welf! Sweetie Welf!

22. - Top - End - #142

Quick, everyone start pressuring!

Sweetie Welf! Sweetie Welf! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Fight! Fi- what were we supposed to be doing, again? Oh, right.

23. - Top - End - #143

Air-Shipping:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Just woke up....brain not working. Perfect for Airshipping!

Spoiler
    Show
    *Ponyard races back to the cannons.* Midnight! You took to long to decide! Im deciding for you! *his horn flares and the cannon sucks in Midnight and the STILL tied up shimmer, then fires them into the void right onto the deck on "The Manticore's Sting" He whirls around* LYRA! We are OUT of time! *he begins to load himself as something streaks across his vision, as he turns his head the poison joke hits his nose* DAMN! Is this?...oh no.*ponyard prays that Lyra shows up before the effects set in*
    ((Not going to lie, I was expecting you to live up to the label of "Zorro Stick" and pull some crazy hijinks to evade that. It was why I left off at "and he pulls the trigger..." Oh well, this is fun too.))

Kurgan canters up to the cannon and looks Ponyard in the eyes. After a moment's thought, he pulls one of the gaudy invites out of his tabard and hands it to Ponyard.

Now then, I would like you to deliver this message to Midnight when you get on board your ship. And remember, you have to SING it to get the proper effect.

With this, he goes back to the cannon and aims it at the dreadnought and fires Ponyard towards the Guest of Honor.

He looks to his one remaining red-saddle.

Well, you are still up and about. I am promoting you to yellow-saddle from this point forwards. And you will now need a name I suppose...

Well, I am-

-Lieutenant Wiggles! Wiggles, to the ship! We are going back to base for cake, unless more hijinks ensue.

With that, the Kommodore trots back towards the Party Barge, thinking about how great it is that at least the Fluttermancers and their Flutternoughts did not show up for the engagement.

Either way, be it tomorrow, the next day, or decades down the line, all of the invites will be sent, and the party will last FOREVER!!!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

It's not that I can't see Spike/CMC (individually or all at once, whatever; somepony had to say it...)
    Need...brain bleach...help...me...

Kidding. It actually made me snerk.

And I know that age is just a number. My grandparents on my father's side had a large age difference, and they seemed happy with each other. The reason I cited the ponies his age is that I can see him finding common ground with the crusaders more easily than Rarity. Apple Bloom/Spike pictures make me d'aw. Sweetie Belle on her own makes me d'aw and the thought of her having puppy love makes me d'aw further. And Scootaloo is the Destined Greatest Pegasus of her generation and Spike would be lucky to be with her.
    Aaaand now I want some Spiky Belle; it does sound adorable...

(And you gotta give props to Spike, he really does try to be gentlecoltly. Also, there are not many folks who happily let someone use them as a pin cushion just for the pleasure of their company. At least, and not have it be creepy.)
    That's how you spell dedication, alright.

Staying in contact with Luna and Celestia as friends is a good idea. As long as it implies that Spike will be independent.
    But I see Spike's long life positiver; it gives the opportunity to get to know new ponies. He will lose them, but also carry on their memories. That was Celestia's life for a thousand years, and she seems okay.
    This is actually more what I had in mind. I think Spike would be independent, but have a deep kinship with the other immortals in his life. (Also, long-lived Spike isn't really my fanon anyway, I was just jumping in the roiling waters of the thread)
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-07-13 at 04:53 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

25. - Top - End - #145

I was just jumping in the roiling waters of the thread
    You might want to be careful about that. Unexpected bondage could cause disaster at any moment. Well, more inconvenience, with you not having to breathe, but still. Unexpected bondage.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A little math my brother whipped up (he swears he'll jump in the thread someday):

50 pages in 5 days = 10 pages per day = roughly 1 page per 2 hours
    1 page = 30 posts (roughly)
    50 pages in 5 days = (roughly) 1 post every 4 minutes

Just a little something to think about.
    That we're hopeless addicts?

In other news! I've found my favorite shipping fic ever. EVER. This is now fanon in my head.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-13 at 05:01 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Need...brain bleach...help...me...

Kidding. It actually made me snerk.
    Must...resist..urge to post...off-color...joke...

Not...resisting...well....

Nnnnggh!

D'oh!

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER HAREM GIRLS GO!

I'm sorry.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    You might want to be careful about that. Unexpected bondage could cause disaster at any moment. Well, more inconvenience, with you not having to breathe, but still. Unexpected bondage.
    Not the bondage. NOT THE BONDAGE. XD
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #149

GnomeWizardGuy

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER HAREM GIRLS GO!
    Yeah, I don't think that would sell very well. I mean, what exactly would that cutie mark look like? How would you explain that to parents buying the toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    In other news! I've found my favorite shipping fic ever. EVER. This is now fanon in my head.
    Oh yes, that one. Um, how should I put this?
    The first five chapters were very cute.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Luckily, I have a hands-free buzz saw around here somewhere.

*Opens chest plate and begins digging around*

Or...not. Great, first my rivet gun, and now this?! What's a poor bot to do?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!