New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVI: There's a Pony for That!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

it wasn't stated anywhere, and that is almost entirely my sense of chronological bias showing.

The way I figure it though;
    It was night time, waiting for dawn.
    Dawn never comes; NMM kidnaps celestia, and the regrouping, searching the library, etc. Takes roughly all day.
    The mane six travel the everfree forest (a vast enough swathe to conceal dragons and stellar bruin) at a slow walk for most of the trip, with frequent stops.
    By the time NMM is defeated and Celestia reappears, or is already time for the next dawn.

Fridge logic: how did Twilight know where to go? Forest is hundreds, maybe thousands of miles square; let's walk in and hope for the best!

But aye, the assumption of 48 hours was 12 night + 24 day (which makes no sense, really) plus maybe another 12 night. 36 is probably more accurate, and 2 hours is just as likely to be right.
    They knew they were looking for the old palace, I believe, so they just had to follow the old roads. All roads lead to Rome, after all.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Yeah, I've worked though... I think 8 chapters so far and am going to agree with this. I'd probably have stopped reading a while ago, but I have this weird thing where a book has to be astronomically bad for me to stop reading once I've started. (So far there's only been one book I've never finished. And that was after 5-6 chapters of "Well we COULD just go check if the murderer really was buried, OR we could go running around the country for a few weeks to figure out why he's running around killing people.")

Nyx has started to get on my nerves though. And it's still largely her name that's bugging me. I can't seem to get it into my head as a pony name, and it was brought to my attention earlier that Nyx is the name of the Primordial Night from Greek Mythology. Yeah, Twilight decided to give Nightmare Moon a disguise and name her after a goddess of night. Brilliant idea!

That and there's more calls back to the show than I care for. I can't help but get the feeling that all the events of the story started the day after the Gala.

I do like the author's justification of how nobody can escape Pinkie though.
    I was more concerned with the author's use of pronouns, how they repeat words and descriptions, etc.

On Nightmare: I got tired of every pony in the story hyping Nightmare Moon. She did what? Hold off the sun for all a day? Big deal. I wouldn't go to lynch someone on allegations of that.

Furthermore, a lot of the references are nice, but quite often they get in the way of the story and makes it feel like the author is waving their hands in the air and saying, "LOOK GUYS, I TOTALLY DIDN'T FORGET THIS EPISODE!" I usually vote no on references unless they are done in a clever/unexpected way, or tie in to the plot.
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-07-24 at 10:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi, everyone. I'm about to head to bed, but I before I did, I just wanted to apologize on how I've been acting the past week or so. I know I really haven't been at my best, been kinda anti-social and unreliable, and that at worse I've been, well, pretty complain-y and had a bad attitude, honestly. I'm still feeling pretty out of it, but I'm gonna try to be in a better mood again, recover and be more like my normal self.

I just wanted to apologize before I went to bed here, because you guys are my friends, and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone or got on anyone's nerves.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm about to head to bed, but I before I did, I just wanted to apologize on how I've been acting the past week or so. I know I really haven't been at my best, been kinda anti-social and unreliable, and that at worse I've been, well, pretty complain-y and had a bad attitude, honestly. I'm still feeling pretty out of it, but I'm gonna try to be in a better mood again, recover and be more like my normal self.

I just wanted to apologize before I went to bed here, because you guys are my friends, and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone or got on anyone's nerves.
    Warning: this isn't a comfort picture or anything. This is a confession and an apology.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well I'll admit, I was in a real funk on Thursday (or was it Tuesday? I forget) when your comments on Nyx set off a bit of rage and feelings of inadequacy of my own. After all, Midnight is beloved to an extreme that brings out the worst of the green eyed monster in me, and seeing you unhappy about Nyx getting positive comparisons to Midnight irked me a bit.

I forgive you for the tiny, unintentional role you had in that. 'Cause I know you didn't have any responsibility for it.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-24 at 11:09 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Banned

I've been kind of pissy because there were apparenty disparagin comments about Midnight on this Nyx Fic. I was irked that it was enough to upset mE, because of the few select Gildas that inhabit the comments section of eqD who I dislike.

You know, since we're having confessionals.

Also, Kairaven does art better and faster than me, but that's actually more an impetus to get off my flank than it is a secret irritation. Also, he buys me off with his good art.

EDIT: my day. She has been made.

Spoiler
    Show

And this one seems like a zoom out of the Wing Massage Scene from Catching Rainbows.

Spoiler
    Show

Which I now desire to re-read... But no Tame Forest first. I should get on that.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-07-24 at 11:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been kind of pissy because there were apparenty disparagin comments about Midnight on this Nyx Fic. I was irked that it was enough to upset mE, because of the few select Gildas that inhabit the comments section of eqD who I dislike.

Also, Kairaven does art better and faster than me, but that's actually more an impetus to get off my flank than it is a secret irritation. Also, he buys me off with his good art.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417

Ladies(?) in the lamps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you do make for an....interesting lamp lady SiuiS... I think i should try and... WAIT! Does this thing has a tractor beam!? Oh man! It does. Targeting the lamps. and DRAW EM IN! *ponyard laughs happily* Haha! no I have the harem girl-men! Its kinda weird! but its adventurous!

Ok so i had a brain wave. hear me out. ok so elements of harmony= parts of friendship right? now what if, each of the elements had a partner, Twlight and Trixie, applejack and soren, Rainbow and DJ Pon-3 and so on. Would the power of love make the elements even stronger? Like super charge them? cause i totally want to write that into the end of ponyard's story.
    Last edited by Rebelhero; 2011-07-24 at 11:25 PM.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

8. - Top - End - #1418

This is definitely my favorite show ever now. I can see why there is such a large following behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    They knew they were looking for the old palace, I believe, so they just had to follow the old roads. All roads lead to Rome, after all.
    Actually all roads lead to Roam in Equestria.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ladies(?) in the lamps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you do make for an....interesting lamp lady SiuiS... I think i should try and... WAIT! Does this thing has a tractor beam!? Oh man! It does. Targeting the lamps. and DRAW EM IN! *ponyard laughs happily* Haha! no I have the harem girl-men! Its kinda weird! but its adventurous!

Ok so i had a brain wave. hear me out. ok so elements of harmony= parts of friendship right? now what if, each of the elements had a partner, Twlight and Trixie, applejack and soren, Rainbow and DJ Pon-3 and so on. Would the power of love make the elements even stronger? Like super charge them? cause i totally want to write that into the end of ponyard's story.
    Hm. I'm not sure that Trixie has the element of magic (no offense to Trixie, but I think Rarity did a more impressive lightshow in Art of the Dress than Trixie did, and Rarity didn't use fireworks to help herself out). Soarin, as I've written him, is more the element of loyalty than honesty, and so would presumably supercharge Rainbow Dash.

Still, while I'm not sure about the specific partners, the idea is interesting.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

On the Past Sins/Nyx grumbling, it's quite ironic to see complaints against the fic being done both here and on /fic/ in ponychan.

As one poster put it succintly there:
    Bottom Line: Story is worth 4 stars,
    Trailer image is worth 6 stars
    Marketing is worth 7 Stars ;P
    I wholly agree with that statement. The last few chapters had me 'meh' what the hay is this thing going.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    This is definitely my favorite show ever now. I can see why there is such a large following behind it.

Time for my traditional greeting: double barreled Scootaloo.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

These things always end up too long, and I wonder if people skip over them because of that. And so, I give Oversized Response Post, Spoiler edition!

Sadly, I haven't read Discworld (for someone who thinks mostly in fantasy tropes, I don't actually read fantasy novels; I think the last real one I read all the way through was The Hobbit in grade school). The only crossover with something I've actually read/seen was that Battletech one (loved Battletech back in the day), but I've not had the drive for a 17 chapter story. Most everyone writes about games I haven't played.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough. I was mainly pointing out that it isn't my first choice in reading anyways, so just get to it whenever you want if you're still curious.

Something occurs to me. Lyra didn't necessarily HAVE to give up her whole career to be with Bon Bon. Maybe Lyra goes on the road sometimes with her performance group. Sure, she's gone for a few weeks, and it's sad being away from the one you love, but it'd be a reasonable accommodation for Lyra's career.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Couples can still work even if one is gone for long periods of time. How else would musicians or truck drivers ever have a marriage otherwise? They'd just make it a point to spend quality time when they are together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Wait, where was it stated how long Nightmare moon stopped the sun?
    Spoiler
    Show
    She first appeared during the Summer Sun Celebration, at the point when Celestia was supposed to raise the sun. The sun was, at least, delayed until Twilight &co was able to defeat her.

But aye, the assumption of 48 hours was 12 night + 24 day (which makes no sense, really) plus maybe another 12 night. 36 is probably more accurate, and 2 hours is just as likely to be right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I more assumed it was a 24 hour delay, mainly for cinematic purposes - namely, Celestia coming back at the dawn of the next day. Outside that, there isn't really any reason to assume any particular timeframe, as Celestia could just pull up the sun or moon to correct timescales as needed.

We saw most of the regrouping before everyone set out. I find it pretty difficult to say they took all day preparing, especially as they didn't take anything with them - I'd say a few hours, certainly not 12/24. I don't know how long they were travelling through the Everfree Forest, but as they probably didn't stop for sleep, it couldn't be that long.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you've been fine. After all, you've been concerned enough to apologize (several times), which clearly shows you care. I'd say you just need more internet hugs until you start feeling better.

Well I'll admit, I was in a real funk on Thursday (or was it Tuesday? I forget) when your comments on Nyx set off a bit of rage and feelings of inadequacy of my own. After all, Midnight is beloved to an extreme that brings out the worst of the green eyed monster in me, and seeing you unhappy about Nyx getting positive comparisons to Midnight irked me a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it makes you feel any better, I still think that Baron Awesome is one of the best OCs I've seen. I haven't read all your fics, though, so forgive me if I'm just focusing on one older one.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd think that the strength of the elements depends on how well each pony embodies the particular element. For example, if Rainbow Dash was ultra-devoted to her family, she'd be a stronger Element of Loyality; if she felt conflicted between spending time with friends or family, she would be weaker.

Then again, this assumes that the elements get stronger/weaker over time. Friendship would still play an important part as well, especially in relation to Twilight. After all, Friendship is (the Element of) Magic.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    On the Past Sins/Nyx grumbling, it's quite ironic to see complaints against the fic being done both here and on /fic/ in ponychan.

As one poster put it succintly there:

I wholly agree with that statement. The last few chapters had me 'meh' what the hay is this thing going.
    Attention Horse Mode Activated: Have they ever talked about my stories on there?

Attention Horse Mode Deactivated.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    I was more concerned with the author's use of pronouns, how they repeat words and descriptions, etc.

On Nightmare: I got tired of every pony in the story hyping Nightmare Moon. She did what? Hold off the sun for all a day? Big deal. I wouldn't go to lynch someone on allegations of that.

Furthermore, a lot of the references are nice, but quite often they get in the way of the story and makes it feel like the author is waving their hands in the air and saying, "LOOK GUYS, I TOTALLY DIDN'T FORGET THIS EPISODE!" I usually vote no on references unless they are done in a clever/unexpected way, or tie in to the plot.
    Actually that was another thing that bugged me. Why is Twilight so concerned about people recognizing that Nyx is Nightmare Moon? Ok, yes, she has a distinctive look, but it's been 1000 years since anyone outside of Ponyville last saw her. Sure you'd have to explain why she's an alicorn, but that's it! Nobody's going to recognize her! Might get questions why her eyes are all weird but then you just say her father's a dragon.

Don't worry Esper, we all still love you!

And if it makes you feel any better, it looks like at least a few of us favour Midnight over Nyx.

And here, have an image dump! Pony hugs edition!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

Attention Horse Mode Activated: Have they ever talked about my stories on there?

Attention Horse Mode Deactivated.
    Ah yes. I seen Fair Feather Friends being tossed about a couple of times when somepony requests for fanfic recommendations. It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia has been mentioned a couple of times as a great straight shipping story.

As for other GitP authors, I seen Sunny Skies having a thread there (with Phantom Fox replying.) and Out of the Cold stories seemed to be universally loved.

(No love for mine yet. )

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

I think Roan might be better.

it wasn't stated anywhere, and that is almost entirely my sense of chronological bias showing.

The way I figure it though;
    It was night time, waiting for dawn.
    Dawn never comes; NMM kidnaps celestia, and the regrouping, searching the library, etc. Takes roughly all day.
    The mane six travel the everfree forest (a vast enough swathe to conceal dragons and stellar bruin) at a slow walk for most of the trip, with frequent stops.
    By the time NMM is defeated and Celestia reappears, or is already time for the next dawn.

Fridge logic: how did Twilight know where to go? Forest is hundreds, maybe thousands of miles square; let's walk in and hope for the best!

I see. I just didn't remember if it had been said how long NMM's control lasted.

Warning: this isn't a comfort picture or anything. This is a confession and an apology.
    Spoiler
    Show

I forgive you for the tiny, unintentional role you had in that. 'Cause I know you didn't have any responsibility for it.

...If this is what you guys are like when you're grouchy, I think I need to harvest some happiness from each of you.

If love is in the appendix, where does happiness get stored?

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    She first appeared during the Summer Sun Celebration, at the point when Celestia was supposed to raise the sun. The sun was, at least, delayed until Twilight &co was able to defeat her.

Spoiler
    Show
    I more assumed it was a 24 hour delay, mainly for cinematic purposes - namely, Celestia coming back at the dawn of the next day. Outside that, there isn't really any reason to assume any particular timeframe, as Celestia could just pull up the sun or moon to correct timescales as needed.

We saw most of the regrouping before everyone set out. I find it pretty difficult to say they took all day preparing, especially as they didn't take anything with them - I'd say a few hours, certainly not 12/24. I don't know how long they were travelling through the Everfree Forest, but as they probably didn't stop for sleep, it couldn't be that long.

I knew she stopped the sun rise for a while, I just didn't know how long it was. SiuiS's 48 hours made me think there was some word of god answer.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Banned

Ladies(?) in the lamps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WHAT?

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh. Really, Ponyard?! Really?!
    You're lucky these clothes are comfy and that I comport myself like a lady.

I dunno. Logically it works, but it feels like something I'd groan at. If you do it (and I like the idea) then drag it out. Don't make it obvious, don't make it the bg reveal, and don't make it the "we spend the rest of the season finding the secret power for everyone else" kinda thing either.

So really, it's a "requires very good execution" thing to pull off well.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Colossus in the Playground

I know well what a downbeat mood can do to a mind and how hard it is to break out of. Hope both of you find a healthier balance, some better luck, and some solid priorities.

Ah yes. I seen Fair Feather Friends being tossed about a couple of times when somepony requests for fanfic recommendations. It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia has been mentioned a couple of times as a great straight shipping story.

As for other GitP authors, I seen Sunny Skies having a thread there (with Phantom Fox replying.) and Out of the Cold stories seemed to be universally loved.

(No love for mine yet. )
    Heh, I've written some allegedly popular stuff but it's never been referenced or mentioned even in passing that I've ever seen. It's cool, though, I'm well aware that there's little correlation between writing well and writing something that'll sell.

Good writing is simply not always good meme material.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-07-25 at 12:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

(No love for mine yet. )
    Grrr, Ponychan, y u no have ability to search for words in threads? I don't have a thread about me, so I'd have to go through all of them to hunt out the nice words about me!

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If it makes you feel any better, I still think that Baron Awesome is one of the best OCs I've seen. I haven't read all your fics, though, so forgive me if I'm just focusing on one older one.

[/SPOILER]
    Am I the only one who finds the idea of an OC named Baron Awesome being one of the best done OCs hilarious? No offence Bobcat, I just think that an OC with a name like that would attract a lot of hate. (Which story's he from anyway? I should probably go read it.)

*Just realized he's making a list of fanfics to read*
    Confound these ponies...

Also! On the topic of how long Nightmare Moon made the darkness last, the answer is obvious. She made it last for one night.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Actually that was another thing that bugged me. Why is Twilight so concerned about people recognizing that Nyx is Nightmare Moon? Ok, yes, she has a distinctive look, but it's been 1000 years since anyone outside of Ponyville last saw her. Sure you'd have to explain why she's an alicorn, but that's it!
    I assumed that the alicorn bit was the biggest part. I mean, her biggest concern was Celestia finding out about Nyx, and explaining where an alicorn came from would be rather tricky.

That, and Twilight Sparkle has been known to allow her imagination run off with possible consequences. Just look at Feeling Pinkie Keen... or A Bird in the Hoof... or Birdle Gossip when she got going... or Swarm of the Century...

Actually, just about any time she lets her imagination run wild.

Hm. I'm not sure that Trixie has the element of magic (no offense to Trixie, but I think Rarity did a more impressive lightshow in Art of the Dress than Trixie did, and Rarity didn't use fireworks to help herself out).
    Trixie would be the Element of Magical Tricks. That's her special talent: it isn't performing magic, it's performing impressive tricks or slight-of-hand to make herself look more impressive. She's a stage magician.

Am I the only one who finds the idea of an OC named Baron Awesome being one of the best done OCs hilarious? No offence Bobcat, I just think that an OC with a name like that would attract a lot of hate. (Which story's he from anyway? I should probably go read it.)
    Baron Awesome is Rainbow Dash's pet falcon from Fair Feather Friends. He's surprisingly well written for, and it is highly appropriate for Rainbow Dash to give someone a name like that. BobCat's monocle-falcon avatar for quite awhile was the Baron. (And yes, he does get a monocle in the fic. Read it!)
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

*Just realized he's making a list of fanfics to read*
    Confound these ponies...

Also! On the topic of how long Nightmare Moon made the darkness last, the answer is obvious. She made it last for one night.
    Baron Awesome is in my fic as well! Though admittedly, as a figment of imagination rather than an actual avian. /shameless self-plug

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After rewatching "Call of the Cutie", I noticed something. Was I mistaken, or is Twist living in the same house as Daisy (or one of the other panicky, flower themed ponies)?

For what it's worth, I wasn't annoyed, nor do I think any less of you guys for feeling like that. It's honestly very big if you to admit it.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-07-25 at 12:11 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    After rewatching "Call of the Cutie", I noticed something. Was I mistaken, or is Twist living in the same house as Daisy (or one of the other panicky, flower themed ponies)?

For what it's worth, I wasn't annoyed, nor do I think any less of you guys for feeling that way. It's honestly very big if you to admit it.
    Roseluck: How's my special little angel?

Twist: Mom, you're embarrassing me in front of Apple Bloom.

Roseluck: (hugs) Oh, you. I made you both some cucumber sandwiches and tea! I'll get out of your manes.

Apple Bloom: ... cucumber sandwiches?

Twist: Mom says being fancy's the most important thing. I tend to take after Dad more.

Weird Al Pony: Hey Twist, wanna hear my new accordion song? I call it "Rush Now, Riot Now!"

Twist: If it's okay with you, Apple Bloom?

Apple Bloom: Sure! These things're always a hoot!

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Roseluck: How's my special little angel?

Twist: Mom, you're embarrassing me in front of Apple Bloom.

Roseluck: (hugs) Oh, you. I made you both some cucumber sandwiches and tea! I'll get out of your manes.

Apple Bloom: ... cucumber sandwiches?

Twist: Mom says being fancy's the most important thing. I tend to take after Dad more.

Weird Al Pony: Hey Twist, wanna hear my new accordion song? I call it "Rush Now, Riot Now!"

Twist: If it's okay with you, Apple Bloom?

Apple Bloom: Sure! These things're always a hoot!
    At first, I was wondering about this possibility. Now I'm hoping fervently for it.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    At first, I was wondering about this possibility. Now I'm hoping fervently for it.
    Yeah... with the personality we've given Roseluck, it'd be interesting seeing her raise the least glamorous or classically beautiful filly in town.

Also it makes you wonder what she saw in Weird Al Pony. Maybe she's less obsessed with fancy than we'd initially thought? Or she's obsessed with fancy, she's just decided that it's not worth trying to shove her husband and daughter into molds they don't belong in.

Though it might have taken a while.

Roseluck: Twist! We're going to be late to the Little Miss Ponyville tryouts!

Twist: Mom, I can't see without my glasses. (bumps face first into coffee table)

Roseluck (grabs her gently and turns her towards the door): Honey, honey, you can't see without your glasses, but if you wear your glasses, the judges can't see YOU. (Calls out) Weird Yank, are you coming or not?

Weird Yank: (pops a sandwich made of a twinkie, a tofu dog and easy cheese into his mouth) Coming, Roseluck!

Roseluck: ... What are you wearing?

Weird Yank: It's a tie that looks like a keyboard! And when you squeeze it, it plays Party in the EIA!

Roseluck: I got you a tuxedo! We have to make a good impression on the judges! (looks at the clock) Grr! Fine, come on! I wish you'd take more of an interest in Twist's future!

Weird Yank: But I have been! I've been teaching her the accordion!

Twist: It's really fun!

Roseluck (sobs silently as they walk to the competition)

Twist (falls in a pothole)
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-25 at 12:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Banned

We get the aswesomest new posters ever.

Also;
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm. I'm not sure that Trixie has the element of magic (no offense to Trixie, but I think Rarity did a more impressive lightshow in Art of the Dress than Trixie did, and Rarity didn't use fireworks to help herself out). Soarin, as I've written him, is more the element of loyalty than honesty, and so would presumably supercharge Rainbow Dash.

Still, while I'm not sure about the specific partners, the idea is interesting.
    I actually believe that all of Trixie's "fireworks" were magical displays. All of them. Making sparks isn't much harder than making lightning, especially considering that even Snips(?) could make light. Credit where it's due; Trixie is a skilled magician, that's her special talent.

These things always end up too long, and I wonder if people skip over them because of that. And so, I give Oversized Response Post, Spoiler edition!
    Nah, it's moat likely that A) we don't have a response or B) someone else said it better. If people are willing to tolerate my text walls, then yours are even better because it's not a chore when you do it!

Also, belatedly, I think of you like your avatar. With a personality similar to Roy's dad, except nicer, and with less liver spots.

Spoiler
    Show

[/quote]

Yeah, my math is kind of Derp'd. It would be approximately 36 hours of night, counting the night before the celebration. So there was one single day that stayed dark; a 12 hour or so span of darkness, sandwiched between two regular nights.

It's all in how you view things, and I did a pretty poor job of conveying my intentions here. I blame being an efreeti.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I see. I just didn't remember if it had been said how long NMM's control lasted.
    see above, sil vous plait.

...If this is what you guys are like when you're grouchy, I think I need to harvest some happiness from each of you.
    I have an interesting mechanism. I tend to not really show emotion other than annoyance/humor until it reaches a severe level or I'm experiencing it for a long time. Well say that cap is 80%. I can float at 78-79% capacity for irritation and be mostly fine (though attentive ponies may notice a difference), but once I hit that 81% or more, I'm feeling all of it. Same goes for happy, sad and such. It manifests as random reverie, romantic streaks, singing jaunty tunes for 12 hours, brooding, and the occasional flash burn-out, where I'm not even sure what I'm burnt out on. It's an awesome character trait, though. Really unique.

If love is in the appendix, where does happiness get stored?
    I don't know about you, but for me, happiness is plot and cannon

Am I the only one who finds the idea of an OC named Baron Awesome being one of the best done OCs hilarious?
    The best part is that he is an intentional jab at people who come up with names like Baron Awesome. It's... So very twisted.

Oh, don't be a smarthorse

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Baron Awesome is Rainbow Dash's pet falcon from Fair Feather Friends. He's surprisingly well written for, and it is highly appropriate for Rainbow Dash to give someone a name like that. BobCat's monocle-falcon avatar for quite awhile was the Baron. (And yes, he does get a monocle in the fic. Read it!)
    That... Makes a surprising amount of sense. A character named Baron Awesome because it's the only logical name that he could end up with!

I might just have to look into reading Fair Feather Friends when I finish off Past Sins.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, Djinni sufferers. I have good news and bad news.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Image Dump: The Night Before Monday Edition.

Spoiler
    Show

The artist assures us in the comments that Pinkie's just hurt, not dead.

Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-25 at 12:46 AM.