New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXVIII: This Show Blew My Boogeyman

Ah yes, Monday. That means our favorite form of cinemasochism* in comic form is back!

...And apparently channeling DBZ, apparently. I'm guessing we'll be having a week of waiting on Dominic to power up before he goes Super Hedgehog or He-Dom or whatever.

*Credits to In the Peanut Gallery with Mystery Science Theater 3000: Essays on Film, Fandom, Technology, and the Culture of Riffing for the term.
    LGBTitP

2. - Top - End - #212

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXVIII: This Show Blew My Boogeyman

It really bugs me that a big part of the conflict in this arc relies on Chance's physical body acting the same way as his mindself. That has never been seen in DD before this arc, and probably never will again. There probably won't be any explanation for why this is the case with Chance either.

I would find it hilarious if this happened to Dominic once. His "brittle-boned" body would probably shatter if it tried to follow mindself Dominic's antics.
    Last edited by M84; 2011-08-15 at 04:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, Mookie finally added the fan art; as usual all are anonymous. Let's play a game: find the snark art. We all know this one, by Garland. A goon admitted doing this. They love Warlord Mustache on the SA forum, though they call him Dance Commander.

Then there's this. Do you think Mookie recognized it was Bulgak that Dom set on fire? (I think it was made by someone on this thread, too; I remember seeing it before, but I forgot who, sorry.) And this is certainly snark too; just compare how they are drawn.
    Last edited by Gez; 2011-08-15 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Szark.

Come on.

Come on.

The end of this arc better have somebody calling Szark to task on how if he'd used words to explain what was happening, maybe a lot of trouble could have been avoided, and maybe people could have helped out. Oh, Chance is under attack in the psychoplanes? Why didn't you tell his parents, they have their own scriers. And we have healers around. Really, Szark, if Dominic ends up having to do everything himself, that speaks more to his poor planning than his unpeered skills.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Szark.

Come on.

Come on.

The end of this arc better have somebody calling Szark to task on how if he'd used words to explain what was happening, maybe a lot of trouble could have been avoided, and maybe people could have helped out. Oh, Chance is under attack in the psychoplanes? Why didn't you tell his parents, they have their own scriers. And we have healers around. Really, Szark, if Dominic ends up having to do everything himself, that speaks more to his poor planning than his unpeered skills.
    Unfortunately, the main suspect for such an attack will be Dominic himself, especially after the botched attempt to explain himself to the Masters family.

Healers will also not help by much. They can repair the damage, but if "conventional seers" can't see the beast, then there is no doubt that the healers will not be able to help or even know what happened to him.

Every strip gets us closer to my prediction of the "Dominic on trial" arc...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Then there's this. Do you think Mookie recognized it was Bulgak that Dom set on fire? (I think it was made by someone on this thread, too; I remember seeing it before, but I forgot who, sorry.)
    That would be me. Wow, I never thought that would make it there

And yeah, Mookie knows. At least I told him my thoughts behind it in the mail I sent, so... I hope it's up there because he genuinely found it funny.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Colossus in the Playground

DOME OF DESTRUCTION!!!! I see it! Come on guys, pay up, Dom is charging the DOME OF DESTRUCTION! Totally different from beam spam, so there is NO WAY to snark this one! Also, robo butler is fine, tis but a scratch. So unfair. I mean come on mookie, cant you even kill an EXTRA?! With chance accidentally killing someone while defending himself from a psychic attack, we had a chance for some real drama and, like always, you blew it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Every strip gets us closer to my prediction of the "Dominic on trial" arc...
    Objection!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

This? This is terrible. Everything in it. It's all bad.

I'm guessing that that Butler's actually an Igor. It explains his dislocated thumb and bizarre snout.

Or maybe he's a Frankenstein creation, with "bronto" being what activated him.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2011-08-15 at 10:06 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    I'm guessing that that Butler's actually an Igor. It explains his dislocated thumb and bizarre snout.

Or maybe he's a Frankenstein creation, with "bronto" being what activated him.
    That would be more awesome than the rest of this arc. It would almost be enough to redeem it. Sort of like how Katya was almost awesome enough to salvage the Nimmel arc.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Whoa, that's... kind of awesome I think?

On today's comic... Well, nothing really happened, but at least Master Butler survived. And that's swell.
    Last edited by Garland; 2011-08-15 at 10:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Szark.

Come on.

Come on.
    He's obviously doing it on purpose, trying to satisfy Dominic while still hindering his efforts to save Chance as best as he can so he will have the pleasure of watching this insufferable little jerk die. At this point, that's the only explanation besides "He's an alien (who is gay) from the planet Gaya and doesn't fully understand how to interact with humans, who reacted negatively to the usual Gayan penile gesticulation, yet, so doesn't get his whole meaning across.".
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-08-15 at 04:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Deep down, I knew this to be true.

What's really baffaling is that Mookie thinks he can create tension by threatening the life of a character whose name we just learned and who hasn't gotten a single line this entire time. The only real speculation was if he'd let Dominic and Szark get away with what is essentially negligent homicide.

And I know he's about to go all Super Saiyan, but I like to think Dominic is creating a mental barrier around himself while Chance is slowly overwhelmed.

14. - Top - End - #224

GnomeWizardGuy

For me, the only tension is the slight possibility that Chance might get killed. In the vision he got Snugglehug Sploded with Scarlatti right next to him, which is what is happening now. Dominic will be able to tell himself he did everything he could and Celesto will be set up as a proper villain which the comic so sorely needs even Mookie must see it.

But really, I know Mookie can't even kill the butler, so the likelihood he'll kill a kid on Dominic's watch is so close to nil I don't know why I consider it.

15. - Top - End - #225

Hey, how do you write out the words then slash them out in a post? Id like to say something but I cant figure that trick out.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hey, how do you write out the words then slash them out in a post? Id like to say something but I cant figure that trick out.
    Next to the spoiler button is a cross out button

17. - Top - End - #227

Once this whole thing gets sort of settled, (meaning mookie will ignore all the laws broken, people hurt, families terrified, and god knows what else) we will find out that back at the fortress of solitude the archmages meeting point, the REAL snuggly has shown up to mop up the remains of those with the magical power to resist the king. I predict a couple of "cliffhangar" strips about the fate of momma deegan, then it will be revealed that she was trapped under fallen rubble and left for dead, but is of course fine.

18. - Top - End - #228

NecromancerGuy

I'll just go ahead and say the fact that the butler isn't dead annoys me.

With the stabbing motion and the blood splatter and the "Oh, God . . . No!" look on Szark's face . . . For the end result to have been nothing more than a crappy little scratch on the cheek is quite annoying and/or pathetic.

It's not even bleeding that badly. How did that get a blood spray on Friday? Why did Szark look so shocked? He's a flippin duelist. Even if he didn't used to be a perverted murder fiend what Chance did shouldn't have gotten such a horrified look. (Oh. And painful DBZ crap from Dom.)

Mookie. I am disappoint.

And the butler not having an impaled head makes me a sad panda.

19. - Top - End - #229

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    It's not even bleeding that badly. How did that get a blood spray on Friday?
    He has a lot of salt in his diet.

Just remember, it's always the Butler, gaiz. Rock, Rock On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Sneaky gate

Future link

Whyyyyyyyyyyy. Oh God why.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2011-08-16 at 01:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Good god, really? It's come to this?

On the one hand, I'm happy that we're not just DBZing it. On the other hand, WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

Also, we're going to get some more Mookie-brand swordsmanship. The next strip will probably contain little else.

Man, check out his outfit. Isn't that precious? At least it's clothing. That took way, way too long.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2011-08-16 at 01:44 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

22. - Top - End - #232

GnomeWizardGuy

Beaten to the punch in posting the links due to me doubling over in fits of hysterics.

I keep trying to type more, but I keep breaking down at those glasses. What can you discuss about this strip that isn't obvious?

Dominikudigan:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233

NecromancerGuy

This is worse than beam spam.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

I can see lots of edit potential with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    On the one hand, I'm happy that we're not just DBZing it.
    We're not?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Oh, Mookie, ffs.

Dominic is going to be a better swordsman than Szark and Chance combined, isn't he.

Because god forbid Chance save his own bloody self from this thread with just a little nudge from your hero.

::headdesk::

::headdeskus maximus::

MOOKIE!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

It appears that in the mindscape (or whatever it's called) confidence and emotions translate to strength.
    But despite once thinking that he is a swordman, Dominic KNOWS that his actual skill sucks, so he shouldn't have confidence in his skill with the sword.

Oh well, rule of cool and everything, and it's still better than another DBZ blast ray.

BTW, I wonder if Dominic's real body will move along with his mindscape body.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

By "we're not DBZing it" I mean "this isn't out-and-out beam spam." Well, at least not yet.

Good hell, those glasses are amazing. Have we previously seen sunglasses in Dominion?

Hmmm. "I used to think I was . . . and on the psychoplanes, that counts for a lot." You know, when I was about two years old, I used to think I was a cat, and I thought so for a lot longer than it took Szark to school Lord Dominus. What implications does THAT have on the psychoplanes?
    Last edited by Zaq; 2011-08-16 at 01:57 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

28. - Top - End - #238

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    We're not?
    Nope. THUNDERCATS HOOOO!!!!!

29. - Top - End - #239

Super Swordsman Dom is so tame compared to He-Dom and Lobsterdom. This is still huge WTF-ery for me tho, I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2011-08-16 at 02:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240

NecromancerGuy

At least beam spam is Dom sticking to typical magic stuff. This arc started with Szark being a dueling instructor and Chance being a swordsman prodigy, and it brings back famed duelist Scarlatti, and yet Dom is going to be the one to save the day with a sword.