New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1127
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

For the record, Henry would like to make it known that he does not like where this is going. Between the eerie glint of recognition and her appearance and manner in general, something was terribly wrong here. Henry just wished he could put a finger on it.

"Oh, this?" He lifts the mace and puts it in both hands. "I woke up - well, in a sense - with this in my hand. It's not normal procedure, I know that much." He stops and looks at the woman in front of him. "And who are you, anyway?" He is clearly quite suspicious of her,
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah... well... I'm not really good at answering that question. No-one you would've heard of", the woman replies half-heartedly and billows her hair. "But I suppose you need something to call me by. So I'll give you a name I used to hold dear. It used to be a big secret once, but it doesn't really matter anymore."

The woman sizes Henry up, then jumps down from the tree and walks to him. She leaves her sword floating where it is - it looks like it's stabbed into the sky (?) and left standing there. She bows slightly, then offer her right hand for a handshake. "Angerona. Nice to meet you."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1053

Rather surprised by the offer of a handshake, he nevertheless returns the gesture as a mark of politeness. "Pleased to meet you too, Angerona. So... what am I supposed to do now? I figure normally I'd just move on and let that be that, but..." He raises the mace slightly and the slight grey glow becomes ever so slightly more prominent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

This close, Henry can see there's a small accessory on Angerona's forehead - a white teardrop, which looks like it might be made of bone. She gives the weapon an appraising look. "Well, to me, that look's like weapon of a Grim Reaper. Is it your own? It isn't usual for recently deceased to have them."

5. - Top - End - #1055

Now where had he seen a white bone facial ornamentation before... He remembered the hollow he fought all those years ago having a mask of something resembling bone, which looked to be the same sort of maybe-bone on the woman's forehead. Hopefully he was wrong and it was just an ornament, but... A creeping suspicion enters his mind. Still, that was specifically a mask, so he might be OK here.

"It is mine, yes. At least, that's what I think. It hasn't made any suggestion to the contrary." He decided not to tell her about how he got it. Trust was as rare a commodity in the afterlife as it was in life, it seems. "And what exactly do you mean by Grim Reaper anyway? Sounds like someone who could explain all this."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, a Grim Reaper gathers souls of the deceased and takes them to their proper destination", the woman explains and waves her hands. "If that weapon is yours, then you are one. The trouble is, as far as I know your kind is supposed to go to Heaven first and learn the ropes before coming back on Earth..."

"Really, I hope I could give you directions, but I don't really know how to get there. It's a bit awkward, since I met a proper Reaper just a while ago, but that was a bit far away. I... might know of one who lives closer, but she's just a little girl, and hardly useful. Hmmm..."

The woman furrows her brow and rubs her chin, giving an absent-minded look at the distance. "... come to think of it, it's been a while since I saw a proper Reaper around here. What the heck are they doing? Oh well, no skin off my nose..."

7. - Top - End - #1057

"Oh." His face darkens as he listens to what Angerona has to say.

DUPLICITOUS BASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!

Managing to keep his anger in check, he nods and listens to the rest of her explanation. "So I'm one of these Grim Reapers, then? Hm. I guess I have to find a way to Heaven somehow." He hoists his mace up over his shoulder. "Thanks for the explanation. at least that's one mystery solved tonight..." In fact that's most of them solved, save for some detail about the Grim Reapers. He knew exactly where he had his powers from, who he was, and the name of the people he needed to talk to in order to get his revenge. Also, it gave him a job, something to do, someone to fight for... that was by far his biggest worry gone. Wait...

"If you don't mind me asking... Where do you fit into all of this stuff about Grim Reapers? You speak about them like you're not one of them, yet you're armed like one."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

"Weeeeell, that's kind of a long story. I'm trying to work my way up there. A bit like Fallen Angel trying to climb back to Heaven", Angerona explains cheerfully and smiles. "In the meantime, you can think of it this way: you are the positive side of Death. You are the kind Angel of Death who takes people to rejoin their loved ones."

"I'm the negative, the hellish Angel of Death who rains fire on people and slaughters their firstborns. You guide souls, I destroy them."
    The woman shrugs.

"You're lucky to have met me, though. A lot of my kindred harbor a murderous hatred for your kind. Me, I've had a long time to get over it."

9. - Top - End - #1059

Henry blinked a few times. "Positive and negative... I sure as hell don't feel too positive right now. About the negative... I think I've heard about your kind before. Or at least a kind that sounds similar. What were they called again? Hollows? Think I've met one too. went by the name Ota Yui, although I don't think that was her real name. Heard of her before?" Henry hopes to God that he hasn't just mortally offended her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hollows... yes, that is the local term of heartless wraiths left behind of those poor spirits who can't let of their earthly regrets before it's too late", Angerona says and nods. "But usually, they hide way their faces in shame with masks. To become like me, a Hollow has to tear off its mask. To tear off... Arrancar, in spanish. That's what these sorts of creatures are usually called. Though don't go blaming me on such a brainless loanword..."

"But a word of warning: while these kind of Hollows often look and feel more human, as opposed to bestial forms of lesser Hollows... inside, they're often just as twisted, or even worse. You see... they say the prime advantage of an unmasked Hollow over a masked one is rational thought. But while urges driving a masked Hollow are often primal and irrational, they are easily understood. Just like you intuitively know to flinch from an angry beast, you know to run from them."

"But unmasked Hollows... Hollows aren't quite sane to begin with, and when you add so-called rationality to that, you get such increasingly twisted and alien logics you'll always be left guessing just what they will do, and why."

"I hope this has been enlightening to you."

11. - Top - End - #1061

"Yes. Quite." Henry didn't feel like pushing it any further,so he decided to call it quits. "Thanks for your help, Angerona. I'd better make a start on finding heaven, wherever that may be. See y" He turned to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Angerona doesn't budge, smiling in a rather amused manner. "Where do you think of going, may I ask?"

13. - Top - End - #1063

Henry shrugs. "Shrine, graveyard, basically anywhere that might have someone who knows something about the afterlife. That's all I have to go on until a Grim Reaper shows up. Why, d'you know a reason I should stay here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, I just wanted to make sure I didn't scare you off", Angerona chuckles. "The shrine sounds like a very good option. I tried visiting it once, but couldn't even get up the stairs! Whoever takes care of it doesn't want me in, and knows what they are doing."

Angerona looks up at the shrine, and pouts. "Though I do think it's a bit ironic, impolite, even. People used to build shrines and bring offerings to me, and hold celebrations in my name. But now I aren't even allowed to pay my respects in some sleepy little town. Despite being more powerful than I've ever been. Oh well..."

She jumps back up to the tree and pulls her sword from the air. "I hope visiting the shrine will solve your problems. Just in the case it doesn't, if I meet someone who I think could help... I'll be sure to point them your way. It was nice chatting to you, Henry-sama."

Then, she's... disappears. A sudden hum, and she's gone like she never was there. Well, not really - if Henry strains his neck a bit, he can see her bounce into the distance. It seems she just moved fast enough for his senses to lag behind.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Henry tips his hat in gratitude to the rapidly-retreating blur, wondering if he'll ever get to do that himself. Right! Where was he! Oh, that's right. The shrine. Wait, no. The shrine isn't open right now. He'd spend the night looking for answers at the graveyard, then. And just generally wandering - he didn't see anyone else around. And so he went towards the graveyard, trying to think of any other places to go. Maybe...

Yeah. There was an old disused shrine a good distance away, in the forest. It was being kept in order by someone, although Henry didn't know who. He used to visit it with... No. Not the time to drag that up. Besides, he was fairly sure that no one went there anymore. He'd only ever go there if he was desperate.

A search of the graveyard confirmed that he was in fact desperate.

Henry takes his hat off and looks around the town, walking along whilst being completely unaware that he was walking past Silva's apartment window.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    She'll find Hasunaga standing underneath a waterfall, hands joined at his chest as if in prayer. He is... dressed, for lack of a better word, in a simple black male swimsuit. He's also in his more youthful form, no eyepatch.

It seems he's meditating.
    ((Crap! Sorry. ))

Carmelia looks at the man before her in some confusion. After all, he looked younger than he did before. This sort of thing isn't exactly normal.

Still, after a moment of watching, she peels away the branches in front of her and steps towards the waterfall. "Ah, there you are." She said towards him.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Orc in the Playground

It takes Hasunaga a short while to respond. Apparently, he was deep in meditation.

"I haven't seen you in a while, lady."

The most finicky about semantics might argue he was still not seeing her. After all, his eyes were still closed.

"You don't normally visit me unless you have questions. What's on your mind?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, she kinda saw Hasunaga in his younger form when they fought.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2012-04-03 at 07:05 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Orc in the Playground

((OOC: True, but it doesn't make it any less odd. ))

Carmelia straightens up a bit more, as if it were somehow possible. As for semantics, well, she's learned that it's fruitless to try and argue the point.

"Well," she states, "I thought it was an appropriate time to learn some more from you. Thus, here I stand before you."

"Or would you rather I state questions and you give answers?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Orc in the Playground

"That's already a question. But if you've got any, I don't mind. I was done meditating anyway." Hasunaga noted before standing up.

His body showed clear marks of physical abuse. Or at least, so they seemed to Carmelia; she might not know the difference due to her being natively a spirit, but his scars weren't normally visible to humans.

She might even spot a few of her own making.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora walked. He had no destination, he had no need of a destination anymore. He couldn't go back to Yui, not now, not after this.

nii-chan? Are you okay?

He needed help. Kami, he needed help. He was being consoled by his invisible sibling, who he hadn't seen in years. His sister who was gone and lost, she had been for longer than he could remember. No, that was a lie.

Six years, four months, and twenty-seven days.

In two months it'll be like an anniversary nii-chan! six years and six months!

His mind was like clockwork, it always rotated through the same thoughts. Home. Valeria-san's note. His sister. Always those three thoughts now, because he no longer had anymore thoughts that he could use. Valeria-san was gone, vanishing in a night of shadows and misfortune, never to return according to her note. He couldn't prevent it. He couldn't prevent anything. He was worthless, weak, and useless..

Several droplets of rain cascaded downwards, drenching him before he could react. He picks up a strand of hair, and blinks in surprise. It's not red. He forgot that it wasn't a permanent hair dye he used - but his hair isn't red anymore.

No. He didn't want this. He didn't want this to happen.

It's cobalt; the color it was, the color it will be, and the color it should be.

I'm so sorry.

Stop it Valeria-san.

A boy with red hair sinks to the ground slowly, wrapping his arms around himself as the rain falls, as red drips down his jacket, looking to all the world like his head is bleeding out an enormous amount of blood.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Henry tips his hat in gratitude to the rapidly-retreating blur, wondering if he'll ever get to do that himself. Right! Where was he! Oh, that's right. The shrine. Wait, no. The shrine isn't open right now. He'd spend the night looking for answers at the graveyard, then. And just generally wandering - he didn't see anyone else around. And so he went towards the graveyard, trying to think of any other places to go. Maybe...

Yeah. There was an old disused shrine a good distance away, in the forest. It was being kept in order by someone, although Henry didn't know who. He used to visit it with... No. Not the time to drag that up. Besides, he was fairly sure that no one went there anymore. He'd only ever go there if he was desperate.

A search of the graveyard confirmed that he was in fact desperate.

Henry takes his hat off and looks around the town, walking along whilst being completely unaware that he was walking past Silva's apartment window.
    As luck would have it, Silva looked up through her window as Henry walked past. She narrows her eyes a little at the sight of him. And curiosity claims another victim.

She turns off the burner on the stove, makes sure her dagger is tucked away in her jeans, and heads out to meet him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #1072

Henry hears the footsteps behind him and stops. It could be anyone, he thinks to himself as he ponders turning around. They seemed to be heading straight for him, so either a bystander taking a very coincidental route... or he was spotted.

Quickly wheeling around but keeping the mace out of sight for now(it fit rather snugly where his old truncheon used to - come to think of it, where did that go?), he appraised the darkness-shrouded figure approaching him and essayed a "Hello? Who's there?" Forewarned is forearmed, as they say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    A boy with red hair sinks to the ground slowly, wrapping his arms around himself as the rain falls, as red drips down his jacket, looking to all the world like his head is bleeding out an enormous amount of blood.
    A few minutes after he'd taken his impromptu seat, and most of the dye has washed out of his hair, Sora may notice he's not getting any wetter. But he can still hear the rain. It's almost as if someone was holding an umbrella over him.

If he looked straight up, he'd see...open sky, and water running off to the side like it was hitting glass. If he looked around, he'd see Kaito behind and to his right a little, apparently sitting on open air, his face slightly betraying the concentration it took to maintain his "chair" and the several-feet-wide "umbrella".

"People leaving sucks."

That was all he said, and he just sat there, patiently. As if he was ready to talk if Sora wanted to, but was also content to simply sit.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #1074

Silva is slightly surprised that Henry noticed her so quickly. Sure, she wasn't exactly trying to be stealthy, but Henry seemed preoccupied enough to not notice her till she was right up with him.

In any case, Silva steps into his view before stopping. Her hands are tucked into the pockets of her jeans, thumbs out. A non-threatening pose. She didn't want to freak him out or anything.

Just somebody wondering what a spirit is doing wandering out of a graveyard. Doesn't happen often. Most stay in the graveyard.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #1075

"Same reason they always do. Unfinished business." Henry says, relaxing a little upon realising face eating was not on the table. "Although to be honest, this started after I died and I'm not sure if I'm actually dead or not. Name's Henry by the way, in case we haven't met." He looks around the area, taking in the apartment and the graveyard. "And what about you? What are you looking for?" Rather odd phrasing there, Henry...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076

Silva nods her head a little when Henry introduces himself. Silva.

How can you not be sure that you're dead? I'd think that'd be fairly obvious.

Also, I found you because you walked past my window and I got curious.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #1077

"Good a reason as any." Henry remarled. "And I dunno. I'm feeling properly alive for the first time in years... shows that the ol' Grim Reaper has a sense of humour at least." He would chuckle if he weren't so uptight right now. "I've got other reasons, though. Anyway, you seem to be slightly knowledgeable about spirits and things so... do you know a way to get out of here? I mean, off the realm of the physical. Got some questions I'd like to ask certain people." he adds, preferring not to show off his mace to every random person who could see it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1078

Silva nods again. Yeah, I've had my share of dealing with the dead.

The main way I know for a spirit to move on is to find a Shinigami. It's their job to do that. Help spirits move on.

And no, I'm not gonna help you find one. I don't like them. I try to avoid them if I can. However, you'll know one when you see them. They wear black and carry swords. They'll be able to see you, unlike normal people.

Which, of course, implies that she isn't normal.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #1079

"...Ah. I met someone who called them Grim Reapers. Grim Reapers, Soul Reapers, Shinigami... Same difference, I 'spose." he replies offhandedly, now absolutely sure that he didn't want Silva to see that mace. Wait, didn't she specify swords? "Well, shame you won't help me but I guess it can't be helped." He looks up at the sky. "My, that is a lot of rain. One of the perks of being dead I suppose. I'd better be off."

Unfortunately, as he turned to leave, the blunt instrument in question is quite clearly visible as a draft catches his coat.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2012-04-07 at 11:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080

Silva tilts her head a little as she sees the mace.

Well well well...little Henry here has some punch...

Hey. She'll step closer, more to stay within the same distance they were at before than anything else. Where'd you get the mace? You have it when you died or something?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS