New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Return of Nightmare Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    usually the narrator will not confirm stuff like that but we can certainly ask istari to name a target in thread....though if done now or during night phase that just invites the wolves to nightkill that pony so we cant test the claim
    Good point. Easily solvable if the bane is public. Just have Isatri bane no one, is no one is baned, we can be Sure Istari is real, if not, she's fake.

If is isn't.... oh I'm going to have to think on that one.

so assuming Applejack banes istari tonight...when next day starts istari says who she baned and then we can test

switching vote to Helgraf for the 3-1
    Won't work, Trixie is a voidier.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Al'izh'dheg View Post
    (( Translation of above: Begging your pardon but doesn't this all depend on Fluttershy's bane being publicly announced? If not, we won't know if he's lying or not. What do we do then?))
    In other games, the only way a day bane is announced is if the baned person would have been lynched otherwise. And, unless I'm mistaken, if a lynch target is day-baned, then no one dies that day, so trying to lynch Blueblood would look different than trying to lynch a day-bane target.

Narrator confirm?
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

3. - Top - End - #303
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

In most games that have a day baner, the person with the next number of votes is lynched, and it is usually not revealed why the person with the most votes was not lynched. In that way, a lynch against blueblood and a lynch against someone baned by fluttershy would show up exactly the same in the day ending narration.

And, much as I love you Helgraf...I'm never keen on letting a power role die, and you are being pretty cranky, so.... sowwy
    Last edited by Alarra; 2011-08-23 at 12:08 PM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

((Actually, from the wolves' point of view, it wouldn't make sense to target Istari *or* whoever Istari announces she will protect. This assumes she is telling the truth about her role.

They won't attack Istari under the assumption Applejack will protect her. And right now we're in a bit of chaos as to whether Istari is telling the truth. Assuming that Istari is telling the truth and isn't a wolf, the wolves should purposefully attack somebody else to keep us arguing over her role and continue to suspect her. And of course if she *is* a wolf, they won't attack her.

Ugh, I feel like V... overthinking everything))

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What happens if more than one "Fluttershy" reveals themselves tomorrow? We can't exactly lynch two people at once, and would potentially give away the real Fluttershy for a night kill.

Hmm...

If Istari is Fluttershy, and nobody else steps forward tomorrow to claim the title, then we'll have to assume that Istari is telling the truth.

If Istari is not Fluttershy, and one other person steps fowards tomorrow claiming to bane another target, then we can lynch that target, and then lynch the other person if that target was not baned.

If Istari is not Fluttershy, and another not-Fluttershy steps forward claiming to bane someone, then the real Fluttershy should remain silent. We will identify the second person as a false Fluttershy (through tomorrow's lynch).

So, that brings up two points.

First, when should Istari claim his bane? Right now would be good, except Team Nightmare could night-kill the target and thus delay things. Tomorrow day might be better, but runs the (very small) risk of both Fluttershys claiming the same target.

Second, what should a real Fluttershy do if Istari isn't Fluttershy and another false Fluttershy speaks up tomorrow? I'd assume making a random bane during some other night and claiming it during the next day could prove Istari false. Twilight Sparkle could scry Istari's real role, but going public with that knowledge means that she wouldn't be able to scry anymore (Trixie voider).

Hmm... Questions, questions.

[EDIT]
    ((Actually, from the wolves' point of view, it wouldn't make sense to target Istari *or* whoever Istari announces she will protect. This assumes she is telling the truth about her role.
    Actually, night-killing Istari's role makes a lot of sense. We can't confirm him for another day, and so we're forced to lynch someone else and keep a potential wolf alive.

Even if Istari is telling the truth, they have another day to pick who to accuse with a false Fluttershy.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-08-23 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    So, that brings up two points.

First, when should Istari claim his bane? Right now would be good, except Team Nightmare could night-kill the target and thus delay things. Tomorrow day might be better, but runs the (very small) risk of both Fluttershys claiming the same target.
    Yes. We need to take the risk. If another Fluttershy steps forward, we tesk their role, not Istari's claim. So no problem there. If another one doesn't, Istari is fluttershy. (remember applejack can protect you, step forward).

Second, what should a real Fluttershy do if Istari isn't Fluttershy and another false Fluttershy speaks up tomorrow? I'd assume making a random bane during some other night and claiming it during the next day could prove Istari false. Twilight Sparkle could scry Istari's real role, but going public with that knowledge means that she wouldn't be able to scry anymore (Trixie voider).
    Lynch em all. At least two are wolves, and trading one semi-power role for two wolves is a trade we can make. Heck, we might even managed to save the real one.

Note, that yes, even in the case where a second wolf has stepped forward, it is vital that the real fluttershy still steps forward. Otherwise we are going to be revealing all our real power-roles to the wolves. You have to make sure we know that they are lying.

(On that note, remember if it turns out that the announcment is public, you never have to reveal yourself)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Day over, narration soon.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm inclined to think Istari isn't lying. If I were Fluttershy, I would have played it the same way. The lynch is Ponyville's tool to finding Nightmare Moon, so we also have to be careful we don't spend too many turns trying to confirm the identity of someone who, chances are, is telling the truth. It just gives them more time to pick us off with NK and scry for our power roles.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

9. - Top - End - #309

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworkchaos View Post
    Lynch em all. At least two are wolves, and trading one semi-power role for two wolves is a trade we can make. Heck, we might even managed to save the real one.
    I guess that works. Then again, I'm not Fluttershy so it's not my decision to make.

Istari, what do you think of this deal? Make a day bane tonight, declare it tomorrow, and if we get three Fluttershys, we'll just be lynching all of them. Probably not the most flattering way to go, but you'll take out two wolves with you.

Whoops, looks like I'm a minute too late, right after voiding my previous vote. As well, it's not like the one vote for another person would have mattered anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Clock, so....what prevents the wolf-ponies from just voiding Istari? We don't really gain anything from that plan as that's exactly what they're going to do (unless they've already found the seer/baner). So yeah, that plan doesn't really work and if Istari isn't really Fluttershy he should be counter-claimed.

11. - Top - End - #311

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Clock, so....what prevents the wolf-ponies from just voiding Istari? We don't really gain anything from that plan as that's exactly what they're going to do (unless they've already found the seer/baner). So yeah, that plan doesn't really work and if Istari isn't really Fluttershy he should be counter-claimed.
    This is why we are checking to see if another Fluttershy speaks up. If none do, then we're assuming that Istari is really Fluttershy. If one does, they we test their day protection to see if it is accurate. We're assuming that Trixie will attempt to void Istari either way, and isn't likely to void the 'correct' Fluttershy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

((Honestly, if I were Fluttershy and Istari was not, I would take this opportunity to *not* say anything. It seems to me that tipping my hand at this point would be extraordinarily counter-productive, not to mention self-defeating. Now a real coup would be if we could get nearly *everybody* to claim they were Fluttershy. Now that would be hilarious, though nearly impossible to pull off.))

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

((Honestly, if I were Fluttershy and Istari was not, I would take this opportunity to *not* say anything. It seems to me that tipping my hand at this point would be extraordinarily counter-productive, not to mention self-defeating. Now a real coup would be if we could get nearly *everybody* to claim they were Fluttershy. Now that would be hilarious, though nearly impossible to pull off.))
    I am Sparticus!
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Archer View Post
    I am Sparticus!
    No, *I* am Sparticus!

Also.

THIS.

IS.

SPARTA!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    In most games that have a day baner, the person with the next number of votes is lynched, and it is usually not revealed why the person with the most votes was not lynched. In that way, a lynch against blueblood and a lynch against someone baned by fluttershy would show up exactly the same in the day ending narration.

And, much as I love you Helgraf...I'm never keen on letting a power role die, and you are being pretty cranky, so.... sowwy
    Et tu Brutus?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

16. - Top - End - #316

GnomeWizardGuy

I believe the idea is to speak out tomorrow, not right now. If you are Fluttershy and Istari is not, then you can prove it tomorrow. If a bunch of people start saying they are Fluttershy... well, they're either troublemakers or Team Nightmare, and it gives us a bunch of targets to lynch first.

Of course, we are hoping that the real Fluttershy will take the chance to step forward tomorrow. If they don't, then things will end pretty badly. On the other hand, the only other option we have is to continue lynching townsfolk and hope we get lucky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I believe the idea is to speak out tomorrow, not right now. If you are Fluttershy and Istari is not, then you can prove it tomorrow. If a bunch of people start saying they are Fluttershy... well, they're either troublemakers or Team Nightmare, and it gives us a bunch of targets to lynch first.

Of course, we are hoping that the real Fluttershy will take the chance to step forward tomorrow. If they don't, then things will end pretty badly. On the other hand, the only other option we have is to continue lynching townsfolk and hope we get lucky.
    I bolded the relevant part. If Istari is lying we want the real Fluttershy to claim tomorrow. That way we will net a wolf early, which is always good. Until then it'd be safest if the other PR do not contact Istari, in case he's a wolf.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I bolded the relevant part. If Istari is lying we want the real Fluttershy to claim tomorrow. That way we will net a wolf early, which is always good. Until then it'd be safest if the other PR do not contact Istari, in case he's a wolf.
    That's been in the detailed plan since I first posted it.

Why does no one actually read my stuff? It makes me a sad pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The fact that anyone voting Istari before we know eithier way is obviously a wolf?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworkchaos View Post
    That's been in the detailed plan since I first posted it.

Why does no one actually read my stuff? It makes me a sad pony.
    I read it, I was just enforcing it. Besides, it could be that they've read your first draft of the plan (post 297), which wouldn't have worked. At least this is what I think Ramsus has read.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am Farticus!

--huh?

--wuzzat?...SParticus??

D'OH!!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Day 2

The emptiness surrounds me. Cold and unyielding, it beckons to me like a lost lover. I can still taste the desert in my mouth and run my hands through my sun burnt hair. It seems so long ago, almost another lifetime when I stood against many with nothing but my daggers and wit. Arms colored in the blood of the weak, the pleading; the offer that comes when one’s life is at its end. It is a dream I have sometimes...

I shook off the strange visions, or maybe memories or past lives, and looked around. TARDIS looked almost exactly like it did, old and worn, maybe a bit more battered after recent events. Unsteadily, I got to all fours, and walked outside to catch fresh air.

What awaited me was something I did not foreseen. It was a village, almost like the villages of more... rustic regions of Earth, but there was something... alien in the proportions of the buildings. Something unsettling. I know I'm not the best authority (or maybe I am the best, depending on point of view) on matters Earthlings would find alien, but there was it. I walked forward, running into something that appeared to be a member of local cattle, after nary a fifteen steps.

- My name... is Doctor. Just... Doctor.

I have no idea why I said that, communicating my name to a member of local grazing fauna, but it felt... right at the time. Maybe I hit my head more than I thought, because it seemed to reply something in response. Shaken, but not stirred, I pulled my trusty screwdriver, and replied the only thing that come to mind:

- And I've got sonic electronic ball breaker!

And I pointed the device toward the animal, and punctured his ball. It was a pretty nice ball, colorful, something that wouldn't look out of place on any beach on Earth. Still, the creature must have been attached to it, as it seemed to have went into coma at the display. I decided to use that moment to grab the body and throw it into TARDIS, having decided to pay for it later. I was pretty hungry after all. Initial reconaissance done, I decided to investigate more, later.

[Written latter, hastily: Note to self: situation on the spot more complicated than I thought. Assumptions wrong. Clean the fridge later, try to fix the situation. Locals have problem with some alien creature, need to help. Bacon tasty.]

Spoiler
    Show
    Helgraf (Off-canter Pearlyhooves) is no more. He was a Town Pony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Otakuryoga & The Grimmace, you forgot to strike out your previous votes, so the second ones don't count.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    (Khal).
    Dr. Whooves(Istari),

Missed Day 1
    Orzel (Votes against self don't count)

Missed Day 2
    Penguinator
    Tilt

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Character|Killed? |Role
    01|Alarra|Musings||
    02|Al'izh'dheg|Strawberry Kaiju||
    03|Atreyu the Masked Llama|||
    04|banjo1985|Sparklehorse||
    05|bladescape|Sunset Blade||
    06|Blue Ghost|Blackberry||
    07|Bobby Archer|||
    08|Bunny Earz|Bubblegum Jubilee||
    09|Castaras|Starshine Custard||
    10|cd4|Epona||
    11|Clockworkchaos|Ticky Tock||
    12|erikun|||
    13|Etcetera|Mister Beard||
    14|Eternis|Dorian Gray||
    15|Fiery Tower, the|||
    16|Gray Mage|Rainy Charge||
    17|Grif|Crimson Thorn||
    18|Grimmace, the|Jazzberry Jam||
    19|Internet Flea|Sugar Shock||
    20|Istari|Dr. Whooves||
    21|Khal|Prince Crown||
    22|Lord Fullbladder|Snapshot||
    23|Matt K|||
    24|Murska|||
    25|Orzel|SleepyJack||
    26|otakuryoga|Navy Diver||
    27|Penguinator|Butterscotch Medley||
    28|RabbitHoleLost|Strawberry Surprise||
    29|Raistlin1040|Ink Antation||
    30|Ramsus|Emperor Treasure||
    31|Reinholdt|Chocolate Delight||
    32|Shadowydragon|Shadowy||
    33|Thufir|||
    34|TigerFang|TigerPony||
    35|Tilt|||
    36|TinyMushroom|Cotton Cloud||
    37|thetobias|Orange Whip||
    38|TsukikoJ|Boogie Blue||
    39|Tyckspoon|||
    04|Helgraf|Off-canter Pearlyhooves|Day 2|Town Pony
    03|mangosta71|Dread Pony Roberts|Night 1|Town Pony
    02|Lord Loss|Handsome Boots|Night 1|Applebloom (CMC)
    01|super dark33|Dark-Spark|Day 1|Town Pony
    [/table]

Night 2 Begins
    It will last about 48 24 hours.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

In case anyone wants to know, this is what Bubblegum Jubilee looks like.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

So to summarize the plan, I day bane someone tonight and then we figure things out tomorrow?

24. - Top - End - #324

Social Engineering project complete.

I believe my point about defensiveness not being corollary to wolfishness is proven.

Enjoy the game folks. I'll see some of you this weekend as Vampire gets started.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Did Dr. Whooves.... just eat Off-canter Pearlyhooves?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So many hooves and horns being pointed at poor little Pearlyhooves...and almost as many at you [COLOR="Red"Dr. Whooves(Istari), do you have anything to say?[/COLOR]
    i did go back to cross it out...just managed to make a mess of it instead

hooves are not the best while typing 8p

we COULD prove istari as flutter or not....but dash would have to use her power to disrupt the wolves..then we know istari isnt voided and could test the claim

not sayin we should or shouldnt..just pointing out the possibility
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-08-23 at 06:42 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

I never wrote said whatever that! >_<

It just shows you inconvenient truth about the way you think
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I never wrote said whatever that! >_<

It just shows you inconvenient truth about the way you think
    And they called me defensive.

29. - Top - End - #329

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    So to summarize the plan, I day bane someone tonight and then we figure things out tomorrow?
    Bane someone tonight (anyone, really) and tell us who you baned tomorrow, after the night resolution.

we COULD prove istari as flutter or not....but dash would have to use her power to disrupt the wolves..then we know istari isnt voided and could test the claim

not sayin we should or shouldnt..just pointing out the possibility
    Good point. Assuming we can all see that she is doing so, Fluttershy could successfully bane and we would be able to successfully test it. It would help confirm the situation. On the other hand, I can't help but think that saving Rainbow Dash to keep another roll alive might be more practical, although I guess using it when you know you're alive is better than saving it for after you are dead.

To the narrators: Will everybody know when Rainbow Dash uses her power?

If someone is Flutterbaned and the target of a lynch, how will the effect resolve? Will we know they were protected by Fluttershy specifically, or just a note that someone else was lynched instead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Day over, narration soon.
    I tallied the votes soon after this post, at 1333 (my time). So any edits after that, especially nearly 2 hours after, wouldn't have been noticed.

It just took Trixie longer to write up the narration.

Rainboom!!!!

And no, only the wolves will figure it out, because nothing they do that night will work.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-08-23 at 07:59 PM.