New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Alright, I refuse to let the possible death of my good computer stop me from writing, no matter what the threats may be! And to prove that I am not giving up, I hereby present, in honor of the fact that the series will be starting in September:

Midnight and Shimmer's Guide to Dating, Preview #2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so dinner had been a disaster. There was no getting around that, but it was still early in the evening, and there was plenty of time to turn the date around.

And this? This couldn't fail.

A beautiful summers evening, the stars already starting to twinkle in the sky. The soothing, almost hypnotic sounds of Lyra's harp, as she played for the small audience that had gathered quietly for this outdoor recital.

It was going so well that Midnight didn't even mind the fact that she was almost assuredly getting grass stains on her dress. The stress of the disastrous dinner was starting to evaporate into the night air, and she felt a gentle weight start to press against her side, felt Shimmer's head lean up against her own.

"This is so nice..." Shimmer whispered, looking adoringly up at the lime-green performer up on stage. Midnight felt her cheeks flush with delight. She knew Shimmer absolutely loved Lyra (to the point where if Midnight was a different pony, she might be jealous!), so when Midnight had learned that she was putting on a concert on the night of their date, she had pulled out all of the stops to get tickets.

And it was worth the camping trip! Midnight turned her head, to look at the lovely pegasus who was her company. Yes, this was the perfect moment, it was exactly what Midnight had hoped for, and so, she leaned in, intent on kissing the cheek that was presenting itself to her...

"Hark, my beloved!"

Midnight flinched back, and looked around fearfully, a chill running down her spine. Ponies around her looked about in irritation, trying to find the source of the noise that had interrupted the atmosphere that had been so carefully constructed.

No, it couldn't be him. He was safely back at Canterlot, far, far, far away from her.

Even if was him, surely he wasn't there for her. She would pretend that she had never heard that voice. She snuggled closer to Shimmer, who smiled, having not been distracted from the music by that voice. Shimmer turned to look at her, delight sparkling in her eyes, and that chill down Midnight's spine was replaced with a delightful tingle. They began to lean forwards, their lips about to meet...

"Ah, my beloved! I have found you once again!"

The moment evaporated as quickly as it had began, as that voice repeated itself, closer now. The two slowly looked up at the pony who had so rudely interrupted them, and Midnight let out a despairing sigh.

He really was the spitting image of his father. Midnight knew ponies took after their parents, she was proof at that, but Prince Blueblood II looked so much like his father that Midnight was privately convinced that he had simply, one day, budded off of his father in some sort of strange form of mitosis. It would certainly explain a few things.

"What are you doing here?" Midnight hissed quietly, poor Shimmer looking confusedly between her and the intruder into their privacy. Blueblood flashed a dazzling smile, that might have enraptured young mares that didn't know any better.

"Why, I have come to this...delightful little town...to enjoy this music, of course! My father thought it would be a good chance to spent time with my fiancee, and here I find you, in the arms of another mare! How scandalous!"

They were starting to get more of an audience at this point, as pony eyes turned towards the drama that was starting to unfurl in their midst. Midnight felt her eyebrow twitch, a slight headache forming behind her eyes.

"Fiancee? Midnight, what's going on? What is he talking about?" Shimmer asked, the confusion evident in her voice. Midnight had to head this off at the pass, before it got any worse, before Shimmer got the wrong idea.

She sprung to her feet, as quickly as her dress would allow her.

"Blueblood, you are not my fiancee! We met twice, after the Gala, and that was because your father kept shoving you into my path! I don't know what ideas he's been feeding you, but it's not going to happen! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to spend some time with my marefriend."

Blueblood blinked, and looked between the standing, seething Midnight, and the sitting Shimmer, who was blushing ever so slightly as Midnight's rather loud exclamation that they were lovers.

"Marefriend? You are attempting to tell me that this is not some form of youthful experimentation? Princess Midnight, you cannot be telling me that you are a fillyfo-"

He was cut off immediately.

"You use that term, and I will force-feed you my bustle. I'm not sure which part of this dress is the bustle, so it might take a few attempts!" Midnight yelled, anger clear and rising in her voice. Anypony around her, thinking about it later, would have sworn that for the briefest of moments, Midnight's eyes went from blue to green. Blueblood (The Second) took a step back, and it looked for a moment that he had given up.

Instead, however, he turned from the seething Princess, to Shimmer, who was still sitting down, casting an almost scornful gaze upon her.

"You, filly. What can you possibly have to offer her?" Shimmer blinked at the question, and took a moment to collect her thoughts.

"Well, I'm a writer..." She began, and Blueblood scoffed.

"A writer? How...plebeian. You are looking at Prince Blueblood (The Second), of the illustrious Blueblood line. I can trace my lineage back a thousand years!"

"Midnight doesn't seem to be too impressed by that..." Shimmer quirked a smile, looking a tad more confident. "She seems to like my writing an awful lot, though."

Midnight blushed furiously, and stepped to move closer to Shimmer, to show her support.

Unfortunately, at the same time, her confidence building, Shimmer had elected to start to stand as well. Her hoof came down on a part of Midnight's dress.

Now, Midnight had never been especially graceful. Oh, sure, she could move properly as long as she put her mind to it, but it didn't' come naturally to her. She was, in fact, prone to tripping, bouncing her head off things, and just general klutziness. But even she couldn't hope to match Shimmer in the four-left-hoof department. Their relationship had, in fact, started when they had literally crashed right into one another!

And so, the end result of this particular moment of dual-klutz was a sickening tear of fabric, Shimmer sent tripping to the ground, her legs somehow getting bound in the strip of silk that she had accidentally torn from Midnight's dress. She began to struggle, only making it worse.

Midnight stooped to help her, only to hear a scornful laugh behind her.

"You're thinking of choosing that graceless pegasus?" Midnight's eye twitched painfully, and she whirled on Blueblood II, painfully poking his chest with a hoof.

"Shimmer has more grace and dignity tied up than you do ever! Get this through your thick head, Prince. You are not my fiancee! I am not, and I repeat, not interested in you!"

With that, she turned back to Shimmer, starting to help untangle the struggling pegasus, looking apologetically at her. Blueblood was quiet for a long moment.

"Ah, I understand..." He began, and Midnight blinked. Had she finally gotten through his thick skull? Did he finally understand?

"Of course! How silly of me. Of course you are not interested in me! You are Princess Midnight! Daughter of one of the rulers of Equestria! Heir to the Throne of the Night! You must be impressed! Yes, I understand now! I must undertake some grave Quest for the hoof of my Lady!"

Midnight and Shimmer just looked at him, neither knowing what to say. He flashed them another smile.

"Fear not, Lady Midnight! For I, Prince Blueblood The Second, shall complete a task that will impress you so much, it shall send you spiraling into my waiting hooves!"

The two simply blinked, stunned. With one last flourish, the noblepony dove through the crowd, heading out on his grand Quest.

Midnight let out a sigh, as she finished untangling Shimmer, and helped her up.

"I'm really sorry about that, I...didn't expect..." She murmured, looking unhappy. This was going so well, and now...

"It's alright, you couldn't have...eep..." Shimmer trailed off, her eyes widening. Midnight blinked, and began to look around, and soon determined why.

Everypony was looking at them. Not just the audience, but Lyra up on stage, irritation clearly etched upon her face, her hooves no longer playing upon that harp.

Midnight let out a nervous chuckle.

"Uhm...Encore?"
    I am trying so hard not to laugh right now. I'm at work, supposed to do work things, not ponies, and you are absolutely going to spoil my cover!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Why not?
    You know how some old dresses make the wearer look like their backsides can carry passengers? That's what the bustle does.

I think on a pony, the bustle would either have it's function filled by the rest of the pony's body, or be vertical.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Colossus in the Playground

Alright, I refuse to let the possible death of my good computer stop me from writing, no matter what the threats may be! And to prove that I am not giving up, I hereby present, in honor of the fact that the series will be starting in September:

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so dinner had been a disaster. There was no getting around that, but it was still early in the evening, and there was plenty of time to turn the date around.

A beautiful summers evening, the stars already starting to twinkle in the sky. The soothing, almost hypnotic sounds of Lyra's harp, as she played for the small audience that had gathered quietly for this outdoor recital.

It was going so well that Midnight didn't even mind the fact that she was almost assuredly getting grass stains on her dress. The stress of the disastrous dinner was starting to evaporate into the night air, and she felt a gentle weight start to press against her side, felt Shimmer's head lean up against her own.

"This is so nice..." Shimmer whispered, looking adoringly up at the lime-green performer up on stage. Midnight felt her cheeks flush with delight. She knew Shimmer absolutely loved Lyra (to the point where if Midnight was a different pony, she might be jealous!), so when Midnight had learned that she was putting on a concert on the night of their date, she had pulled out all of the stops to get tickets.

And it was worth the camping trip! Midnight turned her head, to look at the lovely pegasus who was her company. Yes, this was the perfect moment, it was exactly what Midnight had hoped for, and so, she leaned in, intent on kissing the cheek that was presenting itself to her...

"Hark, my beloved!"

Midnight flinched back, and looked around fearfully, a chill running down her spine. Ponies around her looked about in irritation, trying to find the source of the noise that had interrupted the atmosphere that had been so carefully constructed.

No, it couldn't be him. He was safely back at Canterlot, far, far, far away from her.

Even if was him, surely he wasn't there for her. She would pretend that she had never heard that voice. She snuggled closer to Shimmer, who smiled, having not been distracted from the music by that voice. Shimmer turned to look at her, delight sparkling in her eyes, and that chill down Midnight's spine was replaced with a delightful tingle. They began to lean forwards, their lips about to meet...

The moment evaporated as quickly as it had began, as that voice repeated itself, closer now. The two slowly looked up at the pony who had so rudely interrupted them, and Midnight let out a despairing sigh.

He really was the spitting image of his father. Midnight knew ponies took after their parents, she was proof at that, but Prince Blueblood II looked so much like his father that Midnight was privately convinced that he had simply, one day, budded off of his father in some sort of strange form of mitosis. It would certainly explain a few things.

"What are you doing here?" Midnight hissed quietly, poor Shimmer looking confusedly between her and the intruder into their privacy. Blueblood flashed a dazzling smile, that might have enraptured young mares that didn't know any better.

"Why, I have come to this...delightful little town...to enjoy this music, of course! My father thought it would be a good chance to spent time with my fiancee, and here I find you, in the arms of another mare! How scandalous!"

They were starting to get more of an audience at this point, as pony eyes turned towards the drama that was starting to unfurl in their midst. Midnight felt her eyebrow twitch, a slight headache forming behind her eyes.

"Fiancee? Midnight, what's going on? What is he talking about?" Shimmer asked, the confusion evident in her voice. Midnight had to head this off at the pass, before it got any worse, before Shimmer got the wrong idea.

"Blueblood, you are not my fiancee! We met twice, after the Gala, and that was because your father kept shoving you into my path! I don't know what ideas he's been feeding you, but it's not going to happen! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to spend some time with my marefriend."

Blueblood blinked, and looked between the standing, seething Midnight, and the sitting Shimmer, who was blushing ever so slightly as Midnight's rather loud exclamation that they were lovers.

"Marefriend? You are attempting to tell me that this is not some form of youthful experimentation? Princess Midnight, you cannot be telling me that you are a fillyfo-"

"You use that term, and I will force-feed you my bustle. I'm not sure which part of this dress is the bustle, so it might take a few attempts!" Midnight yelled, anger clear and rising in her voice. Anypony around her, thinking about it later, would have sworn that for the briefest of moments, Midnight's eyes went from blue to green. Blueblood (The Second) took a step back, and it looked for a moment that he had given up.

Instead, however, he turned from the seething Princess, to Shimmer, who was still sitting down, casting an almost scornful gaze upon her.

"You, filly. What can you possibly have to offer her?" Shimmer blinked at the question, and took a moment to collect her thoughts.

"A writer? How...plebeian. You are looking at Prince Blueblood (The Second), of the illustrious Blueblood line. I can trace my lineage back a thousand years!"

"Midnight doesn't seem to be too impressed by that..." Shimmer quirked a smile, looking a tad more confident. "She seems to like my writing an awful lot, though."

Midnight blushed furiously, and stepped to move closer to Shimmer, to show her support.

Unfortunately, at the same time, her confidence building, Shimmer had elected to start to stand as well. Her hoof came down on a part of Midnight's dress.

Now, Midnight had never been especially graceful. Oh, sure, she could move properly as long as she put her mind to it, but it didn't' come naturally to her. She was, in fact, prone to tripping, bouncing her head off things, and just general klutziness. But even she couldn't hope to match Shimmer in the four-left-hoof department. Their relationship had, in fact, started when they had literally crashed right into one another!

And so, the end result of this particular moment of dual-klutz was a sickening tear of fabric, Shimmer sent tripping to the ground, her legs somehow getting bound in the strip of silk that she had accidentally torn from Midnight's dress. She began to struggle, only making it worse.

"You're thinking of choosing that graceless pegasus?" Midnight's eye twitched painfully, and she whirled on Blueblood II, painfully poking his chest with a hoof.

"Shimmer has more grace and dignity tied up than you do ever! Get this through your thick head, Prince. You are not my fiancee! I am not, and I repeat, not interested in you!"

With that, she turned back to Shimmer, starting to help untangle the struggling pegasus, looking apologetically at her. Blueblood was quiet for a long moment.

"Ah, I understand..." He began, and Midnight blinked. Had she finally gotten through his thick skull? Did he finally understand?

"Of course! How silly of me. Of course you are not interested in me! You are Princess Midnight! Daughter of one of the rulers of Equestria! Heir to the Throne of the Night! You must be impressed! Yes, I understand now! I must undertake some grave Quest for the hoof of my Lady!"

Midnight and Shimmer just looked at him, neither knowing what to say. He flashed them another smile.

"Fear not, Lady Midnight! For I, Prince Blueblood The Second, shall complete a task that will impress you so much, it shall send you spiraling into my waiting hooves!"

The two simply blinked, stunned. With one last flourish, the noblepony dove through the crowd, heading out on his grand Quest.

"I'm really sorry about that, I...didn't expect..." She murmured, looking unhappy. This was going so well, and now...

"It's alright, you couldn't have...eep..." Shimmer trailed off, her eyes widening. Midnight blinked, and began to look around, and soon determined why.

Everypony was looking at them. Not just the audience, but Lyra up on stage, irritation clearly etched upon her face, her hooves no longer playing upon that harp.

"Uhm...Encore?"
    Well, it's just past midnight (hurr) so this has won the 'coolest thing I'm going to see all day' award. Which would have covered yesterday but for the S2 announcement. NOW SLEEP.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I am trying so hard not to laugh right now. I'm at work, supposed to do work things, not ponies, and you are absolutely going to spoil my cover!
    Same. I'm actually saving this story until quitting time specifically so I DON'T blow my cover. Then again, when my desktop background is Applejack, and I'm listening to "The Rise of Luna" while I work already, I think all pretense is gone.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #1085

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I really want to know what happened over dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    It's great. I'm curious, is Prince Zapp Brannigan Blueblood the Second going to be a recurring character in this fic, or just one shot?
    Also, don't tease me about past scenes Esper, now I really want to know what happened at dinner!
    Heh, that's actually one of the scenes that is currently sitting on the ruins that is my other computer, so I'm either going to have to dig those out or rewrite them. I just picked up where I left off when I started writing.

As for Blueblood (The Second), he at least has one more scene in this fic. It's gonna be a memorable one, too.

Maybe try writing in the other place, too?
    It's why I'm writing on my bad computer!

On a related note, I was wondering what a bustle was, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, I don't think a pony dress would actually have one.
    I would absolutely argue that a pony dress would have a bustle.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Mwahaha! You have discovered my true plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Well, it's just past midnight (hurr) so this has won the 'coolest thing I'm going to see all day' award. Which would have covered yesterday but for the S2 announcement. NOW SLEEP.
    Excellent. I am pleased! You have a good night now.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-23 at 09:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

It's why I'm writing on my bad computer!
    ...I said other place. You know, the one you wrote into 3 days ago? :P

I would absolutely argue that a pony dress would have a bustle.
    Yeah, most of them already look like they have one. Proof in OP
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

Mwahaha! You have discovered my true plan!
    Just you wait, Midnight! I shall write a fic about Ponyville's craziest cupcake contest. It will be hilarious. You shall read it and burst into laughter. My revenge will be complete when you realize that your outburst occured out in public and you are shunned FOREVER!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #1088

You know how some old dresses make the wearer look like their backsides can carry passengers? That's what the bustle does.

I think on a pony, the bustle would either have it's function filled by the rest of the pony's body, or be vertical.
    I swear one of the ponies wore something that looked like that. It's going to drive me crazy all day trying to think of who...

It wasn't Photo Finish, she was wearing like a skirt, right?

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Well, spoilers now are fair game, but...

Yeah, I agree, I'd like to preemptively repeat my request from past season to keep all after-episode stuff spoilered until after HD version premieres. No, we're not interested in the episode's quality/opinion, either, not in any witty-spoily oneliners, too, until we see it ourselves
    Yes. This.

Though I'm now lowering my standards to a minimum of 360p. I still refuse to watch any pony episode that has lower quality than that.

@EsperDerek
    You have a bad habit of making me squeal in my own room.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, most of them already look like they have one. Proof in OP
    That's exactly why I don't think pony dresses would have them. That's a lot of effort for something that doesn't serve a purpose.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

11. - Top - End - #1091

On an unrelated note to the thread, I have just tasted coffee strong enough that it went down like rum. I am in heaven.

Related to the thread, however. I've been listening to this on repeat. I'm hoping I can parse the notes out with enough repetition and create a four piece video of me performing the entire thing on the individual instruments. (I hear Drum, Keyboard, Electric Guitar, and Banjo in there.) :D

That's exactly why I don't think pony dresses would have them. That's a lot of effort for something that doesn't serve a purpose.
    Tell that to, I don't know, anyone who's ever worn one. Including those way back in settler days. They sure as **** didn't serve a purpose back then, but they existed anyways.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-23 at 09:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

12. - Top - End - #1092

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I swear one of the ponies wore something that looked like that. It's going to drive me crazy all day trying to think of who...

It wasn't Photo Finish, she was wearing like a skirt, right?
    Twilight and Rarity's Gala Dress appears to have bustle, else the skirt should collaps upon the tail.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

13. - Top - End - #1093

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Twilight and Rarity's Gala Dress appears to have bustle, else the skirt should collaps upon the tail.
    Right right! After all, she has a good enough build that when wearing her dress she wouldn't look like a tank. Of course!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Yes. This.

Though I'm now lowering my standards to a minimum of 360p. I still refuse to watch any pony episode that has lower quality than that.
    Eh, to me, problem is sound. I'd watch even 360p as long as it has nice sound, but usually, inept compression butchers sacrifice that first and resulting file is completely unwatchable (for me). I'd gladly dropped my standards, but even on HD I sometimes have problems
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

15. - Top - End - #1095

Eh, to me, problem is sound. I'd watch even 360p as long as it has nice sound, but usually, inept compression butchers sacrifice that first and resulting file is completely unwatchable (for me). I'd gladly dropped my standards, but even on HD I sometimes have problems
    Hey, it's better than how I saw Superbad back when a friend saw it early. He streamed it live off of a camcorder in the theater to a livestream account. Now THAT was bad quality.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Banned

Daemon

I say thread XXI should be called "epic level ponies" or "epic pony".

17. - Top - End - #1097

I wonder if there are any pony wallpapers for multiple monitors? I'm tired of my current setup...

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesomesauce with a dash of Phoesauce!
    Of course Blueblood II can trace his lineage back 1000 years! He budded off from Blueblood I, and Blueblood I is the result of Celestia purging herself of all of the dark parts of her personality to take the mantle of God-princess. There, 1000 years of lineage.

... I think I'm getting some continuities mixed up here.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm from the future. It turns out Blueblood the Third is an international thief of renown and cunning. He gets into many misadventures.

I don't think I've seen a Lupin the Third pony crossovers yet come to think of it.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1100

edit for accidental double post: Speaking of poor streaming quality, I wonder if my office internet will ever be good enough to function on a basic level?
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-23 at 10:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Speaking of poor streaming quality, I wonder if my office internet will ever be good enough to function on a basic level?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-23 at 10:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you're probably right...

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    I say thread XXI should be called "epic level ponies" or "epic pony".
    Is that a D&D reference? It is, right?

Perhaps we'll be getting back to actual pony discussion by Thread XXI.

@Titanium Fox
    I was pretty surprised at some of the bloopers actually. The scene where Twilight wore her saddlepacks into Rarity's boutique had her bags missing at one point. Rainbow Dash also lost her cutie mark as well in another scene. (with Opal in the tree.)

Not to mention recycled ponies, but that one is understandable.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-23 at 10:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I see Rarity as the alliance builder. In the early game, it's a small favour here, a little loan there, I'll scratch your back now if you scratch mine later. Towards the mid- and end-game she picks a target and starts calling in those early favours and seemingly innocent alliances to overwhelm them.

Her downfall is her obsession with perfection and detail e.g. in Monopoly every property she owns has to have a hotel on it ASAP; in Risk she won't advance until she's 100% sure her exisiting holdings are well defended from any attack.

In about half the games she loses early or mid-game due to Rainbow Dash's agressive play, Apple Jack's willingness to take bigger risks, or Pinkie Pie's randomness. The other half she ends up in a long, drawn-out, head-to-head with Twilight and/or Fluttershy.
    So Rarity is the first one with a hotel but no money. But she brought rent immunity from Twilight and Fluttershy. Yeah, I think Rarity abuses house rules.

I'm going to write a fic of them playing a board game.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Why do I keep rolling fours?"

"Pay up, AJ. 5 bits."

"But I'm broke"

"I'll sell you a petting zoo."

"Pinky... I don't have any bits"

"You should not have spent all your bits on hat shops. Sell something."

"Rainbow Dash, I will give you my last ten bits and Manehattan for free hats from your hat shops."

"Umm.. Rainbow Dash.. I don't think that's such a good idea."

"DEAL!"

"Pleasure doing business with y'all."

"Oh here we go."

"Not again."

"My turn, everypony. A 6! Pass Go. Collect 20 bits. Land of Dash's hat shop. Upgrade this hat shop to a dress shop."

Yeah...
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

25. - Top - End - #1105

Spoiler
    Show

"Hark, my beloved!"

"Why, I have come to this...delightful little town...to enjoy this music, of course! My father thought it would be a good chance to spent time with my fiancee, and here I find you, in the hooves of another mare! How scandalous!"

And so, the end result of this particular moment of dual-klutz was a sickening tear of fabric, and Shimmer being sent stumbling to the ground, her legs somehow getting bound in the strip of silk that she had accidentally torn from Midnight's dress. She began to struggle, only making it worse.

"Ah, I understand..." He began, and Midnight blinked. Had she finally gotten through his thick skull? Did he finally get it?

"Uhm...Encore?"
    This is great. Thanks for sharing. Though I must wonder how Blueblood managed to procreate...

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    I'm not too picky about video quality, but I have to agree with you on sound. If the sound is off, even by the slightest amount, it just gets at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife
    Eh, just look at real life and you will see pointless fashion designs everywhere.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

dont know if it has been brought up in the previous 20 threads 8)

but with ponyism getting so big and attracting attention from various circles(hello Steven Coltbert)
    ---would anyone be surprised if the upcoming season of South Park has a Pony episode?

i could totally see the craze taking root there
    and the boys responding maybe by making their own animation to try and get rich...maybe the adventures of Cownan the Barbarian?
    (which would give them their almost required 2nd pop reference for the episode)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    but with ponyism getting so big and attracting attention from various circles(hello Steven Coltbert)
    This is too delicious not to post again.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-23 at 11:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Firbolg in the Playground

Although really, Colbert should be riding Hipsterjack. Oh, you counter culture.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #1109

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    dont know if it has been brought up in the previous 20 threads 8)

---would anyone be surprised if the upcoming season of South Park has a Pony episode?

i could totally see the craze taking root there
    and the boys responding maybe by making their own animation to try and get rich...maybe the adventures of Cownan the Barbarian?
    (which would give them their almost required 2nd pop reference for the episode)
    I would absolutely love to see this. Hell, they did a Pokemon / WWII crossover episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    This is too delicious not to post again.
    I counter your Applebert, and raise you a Lunabert.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    World of Warcraft has a story ? I was under the impression that MMOs in general, WoW included, had little to no story to speak of.

Zevox
    Actually, it does. It has long running stories about the entire global continuity, such as the escape of Deathwing, the Rise of the Lich King, and things like that. And it has shorter storylines that generally tie all the quests in a chain together: For instance, I recently played by Tauren Druid through a chain of quests where I worked for an unempathic Overlord named Krom'gar. One of his generals eventually had one of his underling's sons assassinated as an excuse to bomb civilians. The underling then had you help kill the general, and you went to Krom'gar to explain it... and he thought that the underling was the problem.
    The leader of the horde then came along and, long story short, through that *"(%*@ Krom'gar off the side of a cliff.
    'This is what it means to be horde. Honor. No matter what the battle, NEVER forsake it!'

So you can complain about uncompelling plot if you MUST, but I'd call it good enough myself. Now excuse me while I help save Azeroth. (Again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'm afraid I must decline, despite for the first time in about ten years, only having one RPG group to handle (we combined our two groups). What time I'm now not spending preppng converted module after converted module I'm either now spending on wargaming, or even theoretically actually getting around to writing my own quests again.

(Also, pbp would probably play havoc with my perfectionist preparation DMing style; not too mention all my legions of modifications and house-rules would be a tad...cumbersome...to give out. I tend to run 3.5 with most of the bells and whistles (though by FAR not all of them!))

But, Lixie, in the remote chance you should, by some strange, freakish fortune end up around Derby, I'm sure I could find a slot for you...
    Now that's a shame.

Hmm, Derby... ack. That's like a days travel. No surprise glompings for you.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.