New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Do eeeet. You know you want to.

Also, I hope to heck I didn't crash anypony's computer. Or brain. Is anypony out there?

</element of paranoia>
    Alright, finally got around to reading it all. I have nothing else to say beyond "this is So Awesome!", so here is a picture of Lyra:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    @Lyra is hyu-mans.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

*Save As*

*Pony picture folder now at 500 pictures.*

I feel... proud.

@Marshmellow ponies
    Captain Juicy Wrigglemints reporting!
    *checks pony folder*

Um, I'm at 1350 pictures and 51 gifs (528 MB total). Do I win?
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. My. Celestia. I'm beyond shocked someone actually went through that ENTIRE thing. @_@
    ...I thought everypony went through the entirety of every post... Why didn't anyone tell me I was doing it wrong?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also. Something I specifically want EsperDerek to see, so it's pulled out: My response to the Midnight Mare story.

Spoiler
    Show
    Esper. I have bookmarked the individual post page for this. Seriously, I have no critique, I find no fault. If there is a mechanical fault with the story somewhere, I literally can not discern it for how well the story sucks me in, even now on my… fourth read through? Please submit this to Equestria Daily. The Midnight saga needs to continue for the masses, and good lord this is more than a worthy continuance.
    Titanium, I salute you. Even though you didn't make it all the way through before burning out, your undertaking was something that I could not even dream to do, and I'm the Element of Pony. SiuiS will be proud of his new disciple, I'm sure. I loved all the jokes about how terrifying Midnight is, I laughed at all of them.

As for Midnight Nightmare...thank you very much. It makes me so happy to know that you were so sucked into the story, that you've read it that much! I means that I did something right, even if the writing is...well, I've noted before that it's the equivalent of an arthouse film.

If you're interested, there's a slightly updated and Google Docced version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US , so if you prefer, you can read it through that instead of the forum.

Also, as I'm sure the others would note, I'm not exactly...sure if it should be submitted to EqD. I trust you all with it, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    I just watched the first episode..... Oh my god. Where was this awesomeness all my life. And the best part? My girlfriend likes it too.
    Congratulations, my man. Welcome to the madness that is ponydom. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Yeah, as EsperDerek stated, it was inspired by NiGHTS in certain designs. This is my nightmare design... because... well, since all dream ponies are ponies that show up at night, they're night mares. It doesn't matter if they're scary or funny or happy or bouncy or what not, they're still mares that visit at night. ^^
    Yeah, well, considering you scolded me last night about the whole thing, it was vivid in my mind, especially once I got what you were talking about.

In a side note, I finally made some use of my deviantart profile, and posted this to it, a more expanded version of Midnight's 'family tree':

http://esperderek.deviantart.com/#/d46vi0c

And now...back to going to have to deal with things.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I like Flutterrage better than Flutterguy for some reason.
    Have you heard this?

…Dear god sir. I never thought I’d see this comparison made. Now I need to watch Kung Pow again. We played a “Moxie Drinking Game” to that once. Every time someone does something stupid, take a drink.

…We went through three liters of soda. Each.
    Not the sort of thing you do with that movie expecting to see the Sun again, especially with Moxie.

I am so sigging this.

Also. My first act as the new owner of the Louisiana Purchase. The currency is now Mardi Gras beads and Cuddles.
    Now I gotta find a reason to cross the border.

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Guys, guys! I found Zecora's ancestor.

Spoiler
    Show

Too bad he's a skeezy 'talent manager' that lures ponies, horses, and ..small mice children into watching Michael Jackson pony and drugs them to steal their shadows for a greedy wizard-cloud-of-smoke. (No, I'm not kidding. MLP & Friends, 4-part episode called Bright Lights. You can find it on YouTube.)
    Must... resist...

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    *checks pony folder*

I just noticed that I'm at 666 files. Going by Waterworld rules now.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-17 at 12:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Hey everyone, I'm back!

Sorry I never actually left, but work last week was straight up bonkers, and I spent all weekend playing minecraft to unwind

Ido news: I'm considering for the first time becoming a donator for a server? The Pony Fortress 2 servers might just might tip me in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I just noticed that I'm at 666 files. Going by Waterworld rules now.
    I'm just shy of 500 images right now. I wonder what will earn that elusive slot...

Edit: Oh, OH RIGHT YEAH.

So, craziness that did happen to me this weekend, haha. So, aside from certain corners of the internet, this included, the only person that knows about my love affair with the ponies and magic and friendship is my brother, who is also a brony. Occasionally on twitter I'll post something that is definitely but obscurely pony related (like mention of "exactly 7 bubbles"), and once I ran a facebook status thread composed entirely of "yay". I'm pretty impressed with myself on this.

Now, this weekend I was in the Pony Fortress servers, when one of my college friends randomly hopped in join unannounced! My No One Must Know reflex started to kick in, but I immediately got a message from them apologizing if they aren't very good today, as their headset is broken, so she was playing on mute today.

GOT AWAY WITH IT
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-17 at 01:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

*checks pony image folder*

It says 919 files...

I think I need to be a bit more selective in my right-click saving.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm back!

Sorry I never actually left, but work last week was straight up bonkers, and I spent all weekend playing minecraft to unwind

Ido news: I'm considering for the first time becoming a donator for a server? The Pony Fortress 2 servers might just might tip me in that direction.

I'm just shy of 500 images right now. I wonder what will earn that elusive slot...
    What's up, bro! This is the last one I saved:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    In a side note, I finally made some use of my deviantart profile, and posted this to it, a more expanded version of Midnight's 'family tree':

That's a really cool chart. I read Out in the Cold a bit after I joined this forum, but I never read any of the sequels. Thanks for reminding me.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Can I make a cult of not being in a cult? Waitaminute..

Oh well. PONIES. [Warning: Ginormo image.]
    Spoiler
    Show

Observation: In most of the humanoid versions of the mane cast, I've noticed a huge trend of making Twilight dark. I don't have a problem with it or anything, I'm just curious if anyone knows how it all started. It's pretty interesting, tbh.
    I'm actually kinda curious about that myself. If anyone in the group was gonna get drawn up with a tan, I'd imagine Apple Jack, maybe Rainbow Dash, but not Twilight, since she's sitting inside most of the day, on most day's, reading and studying and practicing telling the laws of physics to just get the heck out of her way and be quiet about it, with a remarkably high success rate on the last part.

Sorry if someone's already addressed this, but I went through the first three pages of the thread and didn't see it touched.
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #129

Alright, finally got around to reading it all. I have nothing else to say beyond "this is So Awesome!", so here is a picture of Lyra:

Spoiler
    Show
    I have earned a legitimate youtube reaction video link. I feel so accomplished.

Titanium, I salute you. Even though you didn't make it all the way through before burning out, your undertaking was something that I could not even dream to do, and I'm the Element of Pony. SiuiS will be proud of his new disciple, I'm sure. I loved all the jokes about how terrifying Midnight is, I laughed at all of them.

As for Midnight Nightmare...thank you very much. It makes me so happy to know that you were so sucked into the story, that you've read it that much! I means that I did something right, even if the writing is...well, I've noted before that it's the equivalent of an arthouse film.

If you're interested, there's a slightly updated and Google Docced version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US , so if you prefer, you can read it through that instead of the forum.
    I'm insanely glad to hear you enjoyed the jokes, even if you did have to hunt for them a little. Seriously though, it has been forever since since I've read a story that's sucked me in as well as Midnight Nightmare did. I think you were right when you said that part of the effect was the delivery; but damn did everything come together for one hell of an effect.

And I will definitely bookmark the Google Docs version. :P

Also, as I'm sure the others would note, I'm not exactly...sure if it should be submitted to EqD. I trust you all with it, but...

Favorited over on DA. XD

...Okay. You have successfully changed my mind. That was amazing and hilarious.

Not the sort of thing you do with that movie expecting to see the Sun again, especially with Moxie.
    Very few of us held the contents of our stomachs the whole night. Just like a real drinking game!

Now I gotta find a reason to cross the border.
    Don't worry! Border's open for any and everypony. Just gotta show your passport, stamped with royal approval from Celestia herself. Oh don't worry, she knows if you're truly a brony. In fact... Check your pockets now. She may just have slipped one in...

Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

My pony folder has a grand total of 0 images and 0 bytes.
    What? It's not like I have any reason to save them.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

The new one is labeled thread twenty, too?
    Yes. Because it is the thread that was prepared and supposed to go online a week ago, and would have been posted the instant XIX ended, had anyone mailed/PMed me then there's need for that :/

Now, since then, it sat in a tab in my browser, and while I was supposed to update it, it was so late yesterday and I felt so sick I forgot. But, now that I think about it, previous thread was called 'temporary' by its creator and was supposed to be merged into mine, so please assume we just did that, as it will solve few issues with thread names that will crop up otherwise.

BTW, current thread name was proposed by Phantom Fox, who rightly said Apple family needs some theme love, too

I also notice that the last thread twenty isn't included in the list of threads, too.
    It's not because I switched to forum Threadlinks (quote OP to see what I mean) from regular WWW links to save space in OP, and since then, list is 2-3 threads behind as these are harder to produce/integrate into post. Check Thread 17, for example, list ends on Thread 14, because I update 2-3 threads at once to save time better spent on other improvements. It will be updated when I feel better, later.

Also, I wanted for apologize for not posting, but I felt (and still feel) very sick with... certain issues interested people should know already. It had little to do with me 'not getting to make a thread' - an issue that would make only petty people upset - in fact, I felt much worse about people who spoke for me being verbally attacked. I just wanted to say I never failed to make thread in time, but if there's such big concern about me failing, I already did some steps to correct that, even before Thread 18.

That is all from me for today, have a nice day.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    My pony folder has a grand total of 0 images and 0 bytes.
    What? It's not like I have any reason to save them.
    Mine is 475 files and 183 MB. I need to save more, I'm falling behind!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wow, lots and lots of responses for only five pages. Let's try to shrink the post a bit.

Cult Silliness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why does everything I do have to be opposed by everypony?
    Aww, poor Midnight. I can still be your friend, right?

Can I make a cult of not being in a cult? Waitaminute..
    I'll join! That seems to be right up my element.

For the record, my next offer was going to be 'Every pony who joins the Illuminated Order of the Midnight Mare gets a copy of 'The Book'.
    Yay books!

You know, the one that helped my Mommas give birth to me.
    Wait what?

For Inkwell:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And, for your viewing pleasure, a demonstration model for what I am going to do with the shoulder ponies design!

Spoiler
    Show

Pinkie Pie is my shoulder pony. ^^
    Oooh, very cute! Things must be pretty fun when she shows up.
    Also, very random.

Well, I'd be glad to take suggestions, after all, there's a lot of ponies out there, and my Shoulder Pony Nightmare Gun can only fire so many Shoulder Ponifying Blasts a day. ^^
    I think a shoulder Colgate with a hairbrush would be incredibly cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Story in the process of being edited. Check back later.
    Alright, will do.

Observation: In most of the humanoid versions of the mane cast, I've noticed a huge trend of making Twilight dark. I don't have a problem with it or anything, I'm just curious if anyone knows how it all started. It's pretty interesting, tbh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Visually, I think that purple and brown go together quite well. I doubt I am the only one who thinks so, which is why Twilight is the most likely to get the token dark-skinned appearance.

Or I could be missing the point entirely. That certainly isn't uncommon for me. Ah well, have some human!Twilight family.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade 7 View Post
    Second, what would the reaction in Ponyville be to a pony who is known to live in the Everfree Forest, only comes into town once every few weeks, and doesn't want to talk to much of anyone? A hermit/loner type. Not unkind about it, just... firm. I sort of have him worked out, just trying to work out how the town would treat him.
    He's probably get a very Zecora treatment, especially if he is naturally off-putting when he does talk to anyone. Note that not even being a hermit could prevent him from being dragged into a Pinkie Pie party.

Why is this so adorable? Also it reminds me of the Zecora fic that popped up on EqD the other day.
    I did not realize you liked Guardopolis that much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    In other news: turns out there's something that can get Gilda to be less... Gilda-y

Spoiler
    Show
    I found something else that works, as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess she likes brushing hair?

Deceased; you seem to have mixed up the c and s in the word.

Celestia-Midnight lovers? Huh. I'm apparently missing quite a bit by not reading her previous stories. No offense, but I'm not sure I want to read about Celestia's lovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ah, I didn't go far enough back and made a bad assumption. Although then again, that assumption might imply it's not just a lunar problem. The exalted rules are based around either learning to hit things very hard or being so charming that you can conquer kingdoms from scratch. Lunars just happen to do that in a bestial way, whereas solars do it by being better than everyone, siderals do it by being tricky, abyssals do it by being solars, dragonbloods do it with teamwork, and Green Sun Princes turn into primordials.
    It's worse for Lunars.
    [rant you probably know]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ysee, a Solar has the charms to be an archer, or use thrown, or to be scary, use a sword, be a doctor, be a sorcerer... The rules themselves may push them towards sexy or fighty, but they still have choice. For Lunars, it is mechanically superior to be an MA user or a supersexy person. They don't even HAVE archery charms. There is far less that they can actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    There's a dirty joke here but I'll let Lix make it, since she gave me such a beautiful set up in the Exalted thread.
    *A* dirty joke? There are dozens there. I could just take every one of them and keep going for ages, but they're kinda too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Grimdark?
    Alright, I confess, I have NO IDEA WHAT YOU PONIES ARE TALKING ABOUT!
    Soft Serve freaked out about... What? I really don't know!
    If it is darker than ever shown in the show, it's grimdark. If it is focussing on the darker elements mentioned briefly as jokes in the show, it's probably grimdark. Some of the herd is VERY squeamish.

A cult? Ooh, I want a cult! A cult would be awesome! It wouldn't be one of those lame cults that are all "Ooh, endless night, ooh, sacrifice the living" bull, too! I even came up with a name for it! Right now! The Illuminated Order of the Midnight Mare!
    Id join in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    On races: I presume then that all of the weird catfolk and dogfolk are either Lunars with tells showing, or mutants from the Wyld? And no, I don't mean Marena.
    Yeah, that's right. XD You can model pretty much any fantasy race as a mutant, so it is really fine.

-

I think there would be some benefit to gutting the system and inserting the mechanics into a world with a different backstory. I feel it may take reams of effort for small reward, though. It's difficult to mentally separate the results of the setting from the setting itself, but I've already got the cogs in motion for it.
    I think I will stat out different characters for the hay of it to see what I can feel out in the system.
    I uh
    Wouldn't recommend it?
    Seems like if you were gonna port a system, you'd want to start with one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Leo grins mischievously. "Speaking of books, can the Ship Note cause relationships that will make both parties miserable, but unable to end the relationship?"
    As no-one else seems to have claimed the position of authority on the Ship Note and I think I bought it here, I'll reply:
    No.
    The Ship Note brings romance and love without fail. However! Not always red romance. If you try to match up two hated foes, they may well still hate each other, but they'll love each other too, similar to Blackrom for trolls in Homestuck, which everyone should read.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox
    Also, no one has immunity to Ship Noting. Lix and Midnight are just merciful enough to respect your wish. Muahaha!
    The fox knows the truth.

Oh wait, It's cause you're Lix! XD
    Am i a meme now? I approve. XD

Lich Lorn is best ship. OTP even.
    Think thats a yes. XD

Aotrs, are you sure you don’t want to be shipped with Lix? You’re like two peas in a pod! Two… very evil peas. Also possibly on fire. But none the less!
    Hey! I'm not ALWAYS evil! Only when it benefits me or my friends and/or is fun!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Also, I wanted for apologize for not posting, but I felt (and still feel) very sick with... certain issues interested people should know already. It had little to do with me 'not getting to make a thread' - an issue that would make only petty people upset - in fact, I felt much worse about people who spoke for me being verbally attacked. I just wanted to say I never failed to make thread in time, but if there's such big concern about me failing, I already did some steps to correct that, even before Thread 18.

That is all from me for today, have a nice day.
    Oh my gosh, Trixie, I'm so sorry. D:

I didn't realize that people had verbally attacked you. I know you IMed me over on Steam last night, I just wish there was more I could have done to help out. Now, you get your flank in bed and feel better, y' hear?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

And I'm Empress Poofy CoffeeNose.

... no matter what you say, we aren't married.
    I know, I know, the sea has dibs. *sigh*

Maybe a nice Countess instead...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry! Border's open for any and everypony. Just gotta show your passport, stamped with royal approval from Celestia herself. Oh don't worry, she knows if you're truly a brony. In fact... Check your pockets now. She may just have slipped one in...

I'm in my car right now. I really hope this extension cord is lo

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The fox knows the truth.
    It's only that obvious. Duuuuuh.

Am i a meme now? I approve. XD
    Think thats a yes. XD
    If Darthbobcat can be a meme, so can you. And hell, how can the goddess of shipping not be a meme anyways? It's... GODS. and SHIPPING.

Hey! I'm not ALWAYS evil! Only when it benefits me or my friends and/or is fun!
    Which is most of the time.

*Sighs* Oh Celestia... Well! We'll see you soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    And then you'll neeever leave!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-17 at 01:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

GUYS! GUYS!
    Look what i found!!!

A quote from 4chan's creator:

"My Little Pony is the only group to take on 4chan and win. 4chan once took on the F.B.I. and won. So you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the F.B.I."
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

^

Well, Duh.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

21. - Top - End - #141

What's up, bro! This is the last one I saved:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, I love all those paintings whoever out there is gracious to keep making! That's a good one. Let's see, the most recent one I've saved is...
    Spoiler
    Show

Though my favorite that I've found lately hands down goes to
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay see so now I've got the mental image of a car, covered in pony stickers screaming down the highway, extension cord dangling and bouncing along caught in the door, as you are angrily trying to cut off the guy ahead of you while mashing ctrl+alt+delete to see why the computer's not working.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh my, I think I've finally overdosed on pony.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4Ola0mdws
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Mine is 475 files and 183 MB. I need to save more, I'm falling behind!
    Eh, mine is 4600+ files, and I even save only things I deem good, even purging older files that fail to meet modern standard from time to time.

Which reminds me, I was supposed to make Apple imagedump of best fics, but later. Not feeling like looking/picking now

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

24. - Top - End - #144

I have decided.

My minecraft server runs Cartograph scans periodically to update resource counts and just for basic map uses. I'm going to fill the distant reaches of my server with pony pixel art, but line the top layer with the original terrain so it's hidden from the the mapping sweeps, and see how long it takes the other crafters to find.

What should I draw first?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Which reminds me, I was supposed to make Apple imagedump of best fics, but later. Not feeling like looking/picking now

Hurr's some Apples:
    Spoiler
    Show

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

*checks pony folder*

Hah! I have approx. 1800 pics! Only reason I don't know for sure how many is because I had some other random files mixed in, and some pony pics in other folders, but it's round about 1800. I'm pretty sure that means I w-

Eh, mine is 4600+ files, and I even save only things I deem good, even purging older files that fail to meet modern standard from time to time.

Okay. Never mind. XD
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

I have no issues believing that Zecora is female. Her voice is slightly androgynous, but really it sounds like a slightly husky female voice. It's unique, and I like it. The rhyming however... Well let's just say I don't have too much of an issue that she didn't get much screen time. XP
    I like her rhyming. Although that one, "your actions are going to make my anger explode", or something like that, makes me cringe every time. Sooooo bad.

The rhyming makes her quite bothersome to write, though.

I think this is the most likely option, to be honest. However, I’m a fan of the theory that all ponies have some latent magic; this is how Pegasi can stand on / manipulate clouds, and how all ponies can pick things up with their hooves. Magic that they have learned to control as they grew older without ever realizing it was magic in the first place.
    I always figured pegasi were just really... light or something, to stand on clouds.

Yeah. Basically this. Although Pinkie Sense is still unique when it comes to latent magic. The aura of weakness in the fourth wall that surrounds her 24/7 is what allows her latent magic to access knowledge of the future and manifests as such. Pinkie has just learned to interpret the involuntary twitches that her body receives from this meta overload.
    Aside from Pinkie Sense, I've never liked the idea that Pinkie has all these crazy abilities, magic or otherwise. I don't know, to me she's just a normal pony, crazy perhaps, but that's about it. Her "special powers" are either in the minds of the other ponies, or in the minds of we the viewers.

For example, in #20, when she keeps appearing to Twilight, it always seemed obvious to me that only Twilight sees her, that it is in fact just Twilight remembering Pinkie's warnings and not Pinkie actually jumping out at her.

Stuff like that. But that's just my view, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    *Pony picture folder now at 500 pictures.*

I feel... proud.
    Aside from my own works, I have... 4, one of which was just a temporary download because Firefox freaks out with very long images so I have to download them to see them.

I have 365 faves on dA though, most of which are pony related. I don't fave everything I like, though.

Nothing like some of you guys... thousands of pony pics? Jeez

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Nothing like some of you guys... thousands of pony pics? Jeez
    Eh, to be fair, I don't download them because (or just because) they're pony pictures, I keep them as references to try to adapt/take all kinds of art techniques better artists use. I'm hoping to improve RL skills, here :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, to be fair, I don't download them because (or just because) they're pony pictures, I keep them as references to try to adapt/take all kinds of art techniques better artists use. I'm hoping to improve RL skills, here :P
    They are good for that :) Still... thousands?

I have a little over 400 non-pony pictures. Various fantasy/sci-fi stuff that I saved for inspiration, most of it prior to joining dA (now I just fave stuff instead). I'm terrible at organizing such things though, so they're just thrown into one big folder, which makes it difficult to find a particular picture again. I can't imagine what that'd be like with thousands.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    GUYS! GUYS!
    Look what i found!!!
    No simple government of "man" can stop ponies, for we have the backing of the Goddess-Queen who raises the sun itself. Also, socks; lots of socks.

I'm no match for you.

I admit defeat.

Okay, this was just an excuse to use more Starfox quotes, but I really do concede to your pony picture devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I have decided.

My minecraft server runs Cartograph scans periodically to update resource counts and just for basic map uses. I'm going to fill the distant reaches of my server with pony pixel art, but line the top layer with the original terrain so it's hidden from the the mapping sweeps, and see how long it takes the other crafters to find.

What should I draw first?
    Rainbow Dash's "So Awesome" face.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place