New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Custom Werewolf III has been submitted for a Mods approval. Let the chaos begin.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Right. Should say this here: Careless Village WW ended in WOLF win

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Witchunt VI: Return of the Werewolf has ended with a Village (Town) victory.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Custom WW III is here, in case anyone wishes to join, but doesn't search any further than WW Central.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1385

Need a replacement for MtG Mafia, assuming Lady Tialait does not respond.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Re: M:tG WW

I realize this is an inconvenient time for me to be absent, but I'm not going to be able to post Friday, Saturday, and probably most of Sunday as well.

I mean, I'd rather you didn't lynch me, but I get that I look pretty suspicious right now. I'll try to vote/answer questions sometime tonight.
    A few odds and ends.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I know I haven't been around for a while, but I was thinking of an idea for a game.

Instead of the wolves killing at night, they would do a 'recruitment,' where the play they recruited was still in the game, still believe they are on the villagers side, but they count to the number of bad guys for the win condition.

My only concern would be stopping all the villagers from role claiming in thread...

Also, would people be interested in it?
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds interesting, although you'd probably need a large group to do that. Perhaps start with only 1 or 2 wolves?
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    So, I know I haven't been around for a while, but I was thinking of an idea for a game.

Instead of the wolves killing at night, they would do a 'recruitment,' where the play they recruited was still in the game, still believe they are on the villagers side, but they count to the number of bad guys for the win condition.

My only concern would be stopping all the villagers from role claiming in thread...

Also, would people be interested in it?
    You basically want to make a game where wolves turn people into death millers instead of kill them.

I would strongly recommend not doing that.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

I want to introduce you to a new power, which can be used as an event or somthing.

Superdark33's scry Shanenigens.

When activated, the scry targets of all the seers will rotate in this way:
    Seer->Fool->Devil->Netural seer->Seer.

Example: Fool scried a baner and a devil scried a towny. The devil will get the would be Fool's result if it werent for the SSS, and the Fool would get the correct seer result.

You might want to announce the occurence of SSS or not.

This power causes the confusion i always love to make and i hope it will be put to good use.
    And by good use i mean bad use.
    Despite everything, its still me.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by EatAtEmrakuls View Post
    You basically want to make a game where wolves turn people into death millers instead of kill them.

I would strongly recommend not doing that.
    Can you explain why, please?

Also on the event superdark, so could be a random neutral persons power, perhaps a one-time thing.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Can you explain why, please?

Also on the event superdark, so could be a random neutral persons power, perhaps a one-time thing.
    Read this, most specifically the bit under 'Variations' that talks about Death Millers.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmm, reading that ethics thread gives me an interesting idea. What would people say to an all-narrator game?

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone assigns roles for all the other players, such that there are really X games in progress with X-1 players each.

Lynch victim is the same for all games and handled in the standard fashion.

Night kill victims are posted at the end of the night by the respective narrator. The night kill is handled like a lynch vote from these results and ties are rolled randomly. You may not target your wolf team's narrator with a night kill. Make sure to participate in all wolf teams you end up in.

If the narrator that assigned you a given role dies, you lose access to that role and/or team and can no longer score a win with that team.

If either team from the game you are narrating wins while you are still alive, you announce the victory and everyone from that side (even the dead) gain one point.

You may not reveal anything except the role of a dead player about the game you are narrating, unless a role specifically obtains that information.

Some restrictions on set-up would need to be in place.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2013-01-25 at 12:44 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Hmm, reading that ethics thread gives me an interesting idea. What would people say to an all-narrator game?

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone assigns roles for all the other players, such that there are really X games in progress with X-1 players each.

Night kill victims are posted at the end of the night by the respective narrator. The night kill is handled like a lynch vote from these results and ties are rolled randomly. You may not target your wolf team's narrator with a night kill. Make sure to participate in all wolf teams you end up in.

If the narrator that assigned you a given role dies, you lose access to that role and/or team and can no longer score a win with that team.

If either team from the game you are narrating wins while you are still alive, you announce the victory and everyone from that side (even the dead) gain one point.

You may not reveal anything except the role of a dead player about the game you are narrating, unless a role specifically obtains that information.

I had this idea a while ago but with less freedom, in the way that the narrator gives the guidelines.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sounds complicated, yet awesome. It would be difficult to keep up with 20+ games simultaneously though.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That sounds incredibly confusing.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That sounds massively complicated...

A few questions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, is each player involved in X-1 games (at least at first), or are they only in some of the games?
    If you die in one of the games, do you die in all of them?
    What happens if everyone puts you on a wolf team?
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Read this, most specifically the bit under 'Variations' that talks about Death Millers.
    Ahh, I see, yeah that could be slightly a problem. Looks like I would run the game idea as one with recruitment. I can't remember but is there a link to a suggested number of wolves with recruitment.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Fun but mind exploding. Unfortunately, I can't see it working too well considering how active everyone needs to be - I can't see it working well with much - if any - inactivity or autolynches.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    When activated, the scry targets of all the seers will rotate in this way:
    Seer->Fool->Devil->Netural seer->Seer.
    So every fourth scry would be a Fool scry? Or does it activate once and everything rotates permanently?

Night kill victims are posted at the end of the night by the respective narrator. The night kill is handled like a lynch vote from these results and ties are rolled randomly.
    Wouldn't that be like giving a bane to every nightkill target except one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Pixie in the Playground

Also my game would be stacked with wolves that all had recruitment so I would become completely untargetable by night 3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    It might be easier to conceptualise the night kill as a lynch vote (although private - depending on how much info people share) where each of the wolf teams have a vote rather than players having a vote individually, and each of those teams cannot point at their narrator.

TBF, what sort of size were you thinking? 9-11?
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2013-01-25 at 09:57 PM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    It might be easier to conceptualise the night kill as a lynch vote (although private - depending on how much info people share) where each of the wolf teams have a vote rather than players having a vote individually, and each of those teams cannot point at their narrator.
    But if they're announced publicly as the rules state, that's basically the same as "Player X was attacked but survived".
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe have a proper narrator that oversees all the kills? or have it be one of the dead players?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Dwarf in the Playground

You may not need to worry about the reveal of the night kills. Sure players would get town-firmed in one of their games, but they'd still be eligible for lynch in others and it could open up some tactics for very bold wolves to try. Though I'm guessing you'd run this for a small amount of players. 9 or 10 maybe? Games of that size are generally balance-able, and it wouldn't be too much to keep track of/too many people to need to be active and you might have a hard time finding more people than that interested in a very difficult game.

I'd certainly play though. I like how dead players still get a point, since in theory you win with your team even if you're dead, but in practice, you don't get to really experience that.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

How do you decide who you're going to lynch, when every player is on your team in at least one game?

EDIT: Oh, that's me doing the maths quite badly. With ten players, you'll be in 2-3 wolf teams.
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-01-27 at 05:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    How do you decide who you're going to lynch, when every player is on your team in at least one game?

EDIT: Oh, that's me doing the maths quite badly. With ten players, you'll be in 2-3 wolf teams.
    You'd have to play the odds; pick games you think you can win, try to win in them, and kill the narrators for the others.

EDIT: Actually, I can see that turning the narrations into a game of their own, with everyone trying to make the narrations entertaining enough that people don't want them dead.
    That game would be so complicated.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2013-01-27 at 06:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

So every fourth scry would be a Fool scry? Or does it activate once and everything rotates permanently?

It doesn't change the powers of the seers, just the targets and results.
    And when used again, the cycle continues.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

You'd have to play the odds; pick games you think you can win, try to win in them, and kill the narrators for the others.

EDIT: Actually, I can see that turning the narrations into a game of their own, with everyone trying to make the narrations entertaining enough that people don't want them dead.
    That game would be so complicated.
    I rather want to play this now...

Also, I need a replacement in Fae II.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-01-28 at 02:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1410

MtG mafia ended in a town victory.