New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "W...well whatever you like." she says shyly.
    Alright. Mystic says, and proceeds to try and think of something fun for them to do.

Too bad it's raining. They could have gone stargazing again. That was certainly fun.

Hmm. Maybe watch a movie? Nah, too mundane. Plus, the only movies she could think of that she'd like to watch were romantic movies, and she didn't want to move too fast. Although was that even moving fast? Probably not, but still too mundane.

Oh well. She'd think of something.

Once she believes nobody is looking, she'll give Dreams an affectionate lick.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-03 at 10:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Blushing pony!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy applauded for Heartflight's song, his mane noticeably in disarray. Perhaps headbanging should be left to those ponies with long enough manes.

"Ah'll do the next one, if nopony minds." he said, trotting up to the stage.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-03 at 10:56 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy applauded for Heartflight's song, his mane noticeably in disarray. Perhaps headbanging should be left to those ponies with long enough manes.

"Ah'll do the next one, if nopony minds." he said, trotting up to the stage.
    Night Jewel was also applauding the song. So far, everypony had done well, which was a bit odd in a world with this kind of influence from the Rule of Funny, but good.

She noticed Sandy going onstage and trotted up to him. "Hey, that'd be your third time now, wouldn't it?" She winked at the colt. "I wouldn't mind you singing again, but I have a suggestion. How about we do a duet?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight smiled and hopped off the stage, allowing Sandy to take his place in the limelight again. She sa down in the front row to wait for his performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Night Jewel was also applauding the song. So far, everypony had done well, which was a bit odd in a world with this kind of influence from the Rule of Funny, but good.

She noticed Sandy going onstage and trotted up to him. "Hey, that'd be your third time now, wouldn't it?" She winked at the colt. "I wouldn't mind you singing again, but I have a suggestion. How about we do a duet?"
    It took Sandy (and his narrator) a moment to remember the first trio song technically counted. "Huh, ah reckon yer right. Sounds fair t'me, did you have a song in mind?"

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

It took Sandy (and his narrator) a moment to remember the first trio song technically counted. "Huh, ah reckon yer right. Sounds fair t'me, did you have a song in mind?"
    "Well, there's no end of love songs..." The purple filly paused just to see Sandy's reaction. "...but I suspect you'll be wanting something different. If you're willing to be brave, though, I've got an idea for you. Any suggestions of your own?"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight couldn't resist. After all, when would she have a chance like this again?

"FREEBIRD!" she called out. It didn't occur to her until later that no-one else might not get the reference....
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, there's no end of love songs..." The purple filly paused just to see Sandy's reaction. "...but I suspect you'll be wanting something different. If you're willing to be brave, though, I've got an idea for you. Any suggestions of your own?"
    In that pause, Sandy looked like a deer in the headlights. He nodded furiously. "Er, yes. Yes ah would like somethin' different."

He thought over his repertoire of songs, but none of them struck him as good duet pieces. "I wasn't really thinking about duets, so ah don't have a clue. Ah'm up fer this song o' yours." That "brave" comment made him a mite uneasy, but it was just a song; how bad could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight couldn't resist. After all, when would she have a chance like this again?

"FREEBIRD!" she called out. It didn't occur to her until later that no-one else might not get the reference....

Sandy chuckled. Definitely not a duet song, but the thought was appreciated. Truly, a classic that crossed the boundaries of time, space, and ponies.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-03 at 01:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Dwarf in the Playground

In that pause, Sandy looked like a deer in the headlights. He nodded furiously. "Er, yes. Yes ah would like somethin' different."

He thought over his repertoire of songs, but none of them struck him as good duet pieces. "I wasn't really thinking about duets, so ah don't have a clue. Ah'm up fer this song o' yours." That "brave" comment made him a mite uneasy, but it was just a song; how bad could it be?

Sandy chuckled. Definitely not a duet song, but the thought was appreciated. Truly, a classic that crossed the boundaries of time, space, and ponies.
    Night Jewel chuckled as well. "There's no escaping that, is there. Now, by 'brave', I meant willing to take on one of the aforementioned love songs, so not quite right for this. Still, we could do something in harmony, rather than one with two parts. Whether it's Freebird or not would depend on your preferences."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Night Jewel chuckled as well. "There's no escaping that, is there. Now, by 'brave', I meant willing to take on one of the aforementioned love songs, so not quite right for this. Still, we could do something in harmony, rather than one with two parts. Whether it's Freebird or not would depend on your preferences."
    "Ah think ah can fake a harmony well enough. An' besides, we gotta give the fans what they want, right?" The colt grinned as he queued up the song.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Serilus attemped to telekinesis the ball out of the pegasus's hooves, but was met with resistance. The pegasus was refusing to let go of the ball. Serilus's magic however, was stronger, and he slowly began to pull the pegasus down to the ground.

The pegasus had almost been pulled down to a level at which their earth pony teammate could jump and reach the ball. However, the pegasus suddenly started gaining altitude. The opposing team's unicorn was using her magic to pull the pegasus back up into the air. It wouldn't be long before the pegasus was completely out of reach once more.
    Akiiki saw this as his chance. He looked up and...

OH SHINY!

Somepony nearby was playing with a coin. The colt was tossing it into the air. The baby dragon was mesmerizedby the glittering piece of metal. The luster kept his eyes fixed on it and the ball.

Akiiki was cooing. Each exhale emitted a puff of smoke. After a few seconds of panting, the air above the field was a cloud of grey smog.

The pegasi in the air gagged and coughed. This included the one with the ball. He dropped it to cover his mouth and Serilus would find the ball soon at his hooves.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah think ah can fake a harmony well enough. An' besides, we gotta give the fans what they want, right?" The colt grinned as he queued up the song.
    Night Jewel grinned back. "Right. Let's do this!" And so she began to sing with him in a glorious fuchsia-coloured harmony.

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me
    For I must be traveling on now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see

But if I stayed here with you
    Things just couldn't be the same
    'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
    And this bird you cannot change

Ohohohohohhhhh
    And the bird you cannot change
    Lord knows I can’t change"

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

As the song continued on and on, Sandy put all his heart into his part of the harmony. 'Twas a song worthy of the effort.

Bye, bye, its been a sweet love.
    Though this feeling I cant change.
    But please dont take it badly,
    cause lord knows Im to blame.
    But, if I stayed here with you girl,
    Things just couldnt be the same.
    Cause Im as free as a bird now,
    And this bird youll never change.
    And this bird you can not change.
    Lord knows, I cant change.
    Lord help me, I cant change

In the latter parts of the song, Sandy busted out the air guitar during the solos, and gave a final imaginary strum as the song ended.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-03 at 08:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Akiiki saw this as his chance. He looked up and...

OH SHINY!

Somepony nearby was playing with a coin. The colt was tossing it into the air. The baby dragon was mesmerizedby the glittering piece of metal. The luster kept his eyes fixed on it and the ball.

Akiiki was cooing. Each exhale emitted a puff of smoke. After a few seconds of panting, the air above the field was a cloud of grey smog.

The pegasi in the air gagged and coughed. This included the one with the ball. He dropped it to cover his mouth and Serilus would find the ball soon at his hooves.
    Suprised at the method, but pleased with the result, Serilus picked up the ball in his mouth and ran towards the opposing goal. The remaining opposition pegasus swooped in and attemped to grab the ball from Serilus, but a quick bit of magic knocked the pegasus to the side.

Galloping up the the goals, Serilus found his final opponent there guarding the goals, the earth pony. Determined not to lose to him this time, Serilus charged straight towards him. The earth pony prepared to block Serilus's charge, but at the last moment, Serilus turned around and bucked, not at the earth pony, just into the air. Serilus's buck sent Akiiki flying through the air, over the earth pony and straight towards the goal. Using his magic, Serilus passed the ball to the airborne Akiiki.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Suprised at the method, but pleased with the result, Serilus picked up the ball in his mouth and ran towards the opposing goal. The remaining opposition pegasus swooped in and attemped to grab the ball from Serilus, but a quick bit of magic knocked the pegasus to the side.

Galloping up the the goals, Serilus found his final opponent there guarding the goals, the earth pony. Determined not to lose to him this time, Serilus charged straight towards him. The earth pony prepared to block Serilus's charge, but at the last moment, Serilus turned around and bucked, not at the earth pony, just into the air. Serilus's buck sent Akiiki flying through the air, over the earth pony and straight towards the goal. Using his magic, Serilus passed the ball to the airborne Akiiki.
    Unfortunately Serilus forgot Akiiki was a baby due to the mass spell. When the ball flew to the tossed weanling, he was too busy being stuck in shock to react. Instinctively he activated his shapechanging ability.

This time he choose a whale. A big whale. A very big and heavy whale. He fell to the ground with a huge earthshaking thud. The nonpegasi in the area would been tossed into the air, leaving Akiiki alone with the ball. A hard tail flap knocked the ball toward the empty goal.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #527

Unfortunately Serilus forgot Akiiki was a baby due to the mass spell. When the ball flew to the tossed weanling, he was too busy being stuck in shock to react. Instinctively he activated his shapechanging ability.

This time he choose a whale. A big whale. A very big and heavy whale. He fell to the ground with a huge earthshaking thud. The nonpegasi in the area would been tossed into the air, leaving Akiiki alone with the ball. A hard tail flap knocked the ball toward the empty goal.
    By now most other ponies from both teams were collapsed off to the side somewhere. As such, Akiiki was met with no resistance and the ball rolled into the goal.

A break was called for the game, allowing everypony time to recover. Over the course of the game, more and more background ponies had taken an interest in the game, and by the time both teams were ready to resume, quite a large crowd had built up. One pony had even taken it upon himself to be an announcer.

And now, fillies and gentlecolts, it's time to resume the game. The current score is two-to-one, in favour of Serilus and Akiiki's team. They just need one more point to claim victory in this exciting game of hoofball. However, their opposition is still in the game, and they certainly aren't going to make it easy for them.

Both teams took their position, and shortly after heard a whistle blowing, indicating the start of the next round.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

As the song continued on and on, Sandy put all his heart into his part of the harmony. 'Twas a song worthy of the effort.

Bye, bye, its been a sweet love.
    Though this feeling I cant change.
    But please dont take it badly,
    cause lord knows Im to blame.
    But, if I stayed here with you girl,
    Things just couldnt be the same.
    Cause Im as free as a bird now,
    And this bird youll never change.
    And this bird you can not change.
    Lord knows, I cant change.
    Lord help me, I cant change

In the latter parts of the song, Sandy busted out the air guitar during the solos, and gave a final imaginary strum as the song ended.
    Night Jewel grinned back. "Right. Let's do this!" And so she began to sing with him in a glorious fuchsia-coloured harmony.

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me
    For I must be traveling on now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see

But if I stayed here with you
    Things just couldn't be the same
    'Cause I'm as free as a bird now

Ohohohohohhhhh
    And the bird you cannot change
    Lord knows I can’t change"
    Eh, I've never really been a fan of Free Bird, but that was a good effort. Mystic says clapping a bit.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon being placed on the shore, it became apparent that the glass was a very bright blue hue, and the armor inside was black with red outlines, aside from the cutie mark. It had the wings of a pegasus pony, and on it's chest, there was a socket that was rather empty at the moment.

The armor itself looked ancient, now that there was more light to see it by, and appeared as if it would completely cover whatever pony wore it, to the point that only the mouth and eyes might be visible when worn. Hooves, wings, and even tail had armor.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Upon being placed on the shore, it became apparent that the glass was a very bright blue hue, and the armor inside was black with red outlines, aside from the cutie mark. It had the wings of a pegasus pony, and on it's chest, there was a socket that was rather empty at the moment.

The armor itself looked ancient, now that there was more light to see it by, and appeared as if it would completely cover whatever pony wore it, to the point that only the mouth and eyes might be visible when worn. Hooves, wings, and even tail had armor.
    Smoothie gives the thing a good long look, and the gives a small cry of frustration.

I don't know where, but I know I've seen this somewhere before. Does it look familiar to anypony else? Smoothie asks, hoping for an answer.

And then it occurred to her. Something got through the block in her brain, and she realized just what this pony was.

And then something in the back of her head started laughing.

Sweet pony princesses not him. she says, looking at the block of glass in shock and backing away. Please be a coincidence. Don't be him. she says looking like she just saw the Boogeyman and wants her mommy or daddy to protect her from him.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom examined the shiny thing at the bottom of the lake. After examining it, she carefully made sure to leave it where it was before returning to the surface, just in time to see Smoothie looking spooked.

"What's wrong?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Spark Chaser-The Lake

Spark Chaser who wasn't forgotten about but just ignored by Benson, curiously looked at the...whatever it was, his ears rotating showing he was well curious.

"What is that?"
    He asked trotting up to it and placing a hoof on it.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

By now most other ponies from both teams were collapsed off to the side somewhere. As such, Akiiki was met with no resistance and the ball rolled into the goal.

A break was called for the game, allowing everypony time to recover. Over the course of the game, more and more background ponies had taken an interest in the game, and by the time both teams were ready to resume, quite a large crowd had built up. One pony had even taken it upon himself to be an announcer.

And now, fillies and gentlecolts, it's time to resume the game. The current score is two-to-one, in favour of Serilus and Akiiki's team. They just need one more point to claim victory in this exciting game of hoofball. However, their opposition is still in the game, and they certainly aren't going to make it easy for them.

Both teams took their position, and shortly after heard a whistle blowing, indicating the start of the next round.
    Akiiki shapeshifts into a cheetah in a bid to grasp the ball and end the game. His little claw spring back and forth as he hastens his stride. Once the ball is caught he go for a toss.

But the cat's poor stamina and his low baby endurance exhaust him on the spot. He pants and pants in the center of the field. Eventually the other team's fliers reach him and he sorrily attempt to ward off steals.

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post

Hover Heart looked at the statue. It was oddly familiar. Like something out of one of her doom and gloom conspiracy books.

"I think we are doomed. Utterly and completelygloom doomed to fail under the hooves of unbearable agony. Yup. Seems so. I've been preparing for this so it's like whatever it this point." the pink mare declares.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-10-04 at 12:28 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #534
    Pixie in the Playground

"Bwah...?" Jormong looked confused at the old pony. He slowly shifted into the dream realm as he started heading back to Gearstride, Silver, Sandy and Night.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Spark Chaser-The Lake

Spark Chaser who wasn't forgotten about but just ignored by Benson, curiously looked at the...whatever it was, his ears rotating showing he was well curious.

"What is that?"
    He asked trotting up to it and placing a hoof on it.
    Dawn Blossom examined the shiny thing at the bottom of the lake. After examining it, she carefully made sure to leave it where it was before returning to the surface, just in time to see Smoothie looking spooked.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Hover Heart looked at the statue. It was oddly familiar. Like something out of one of her doom and gloom conspiracy books.

"I think we are doomed. Utterly and completelygloom doomed to fail under the hooves of unbearable agony. Yup. Seems so. I've been preparing for this so it's like whatever it this point." the pink mare declares.
    Are any of you familiar with....*Gulp* Simmer? she asks them, not addressing anypony in particular.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Are any of you familiar with....*Gulp* Simmer? she asks them, not addressing anypony in particular.

"Uhm...who's that?"
    He asks back essentially answering her question. He shakes his head no in that silly exaggerated foal-way.
    ===========

Gearstride curled up on Silverpine's bed, his pillow smelled like him, it was pleasant. While the noise from the singing in the lobby reached here in the hallways, it didn't bother her. As long as they were having fun. She smiled thinking about the good parts of today, her friends, and Silverpine. Closing her eyes the young filly fell asleep. /End Pony Day
    ===========

Fox Trot laid down on his bed, he would find himself with restless sleep tonight. Poor guy, gets no break, not even in another certain parallel world. The colt hugged his pillow in his sleep murmuring something unintelligible. Ah well. /End Pony Day

Also deadtiming for quite some time.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom frowned, then shook her head. "The name sounds familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before," she said. "But I'm not sure where."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #538

Civic Center
    Leaky went and found a bed. He put his things away and then fell into a deep sleep. \endponyday
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Dawn Blossom frowned, then shook her head. "The name sounds familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before," she said. "But I'm not sure where."
    Foxglove emerged from the lake, shaking. She thanked the fish before turning back to the conversation.

"That's something you do when you're cooking -- you get it almost to a boil and turn the heat down, so it cooks in the water more slowly than boiling."

Foxglove answered, actually promptly, since somehow the 'correct answer' was still totally off-topic.

"Why? Does the sculpture have a nice chilli recipe?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-10-04 at 04:59 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Is he related to Pot'mas the Giant Hippopotamus who eats the birthday presents of bad fillies who say his name?" asks the mare. She doesn't share the sentiment of fear like Smoothie. She knows of plenty spooky things. Boogeystallions and grue don't affect her much. "Or is he closer to Stockings the Sock Stealer because these are my mother's socks and I'll get grounded if a crazy pony nabs my mom's socks."

Hover is wearing two pairs of nice socks. They are knee-high and semi-transparent. The color is white with a stripes in different colors: red, blue, and yellow. Overall the styles is strange for a old mare but makes sense in her true age.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater