New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

No, he's more like Nightmare Moon. A being we can't really comprehend, is completely unnatural* and nopony knows of a way to defeat him. He disappeared for a long while a couple hundred years ago, but nopony knew why. I guess we know where he is now. she says, still backing away. And if he's absorbing Knack's magic....*gulp*...that means he's likely coming back. she says with dread.

*I'm assuming Nightmare Moon and Luna were not the same pony, and Nightmare Moon was more like a demonic possession than a being that actually belongs in ponyworld.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Dawn Blossom frowned. "But then ... why did he start draining her magic now? And how? And how do we stop it?" she wondered.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #543
    Pixie in the Playground

As they studied the statue, the flow of magic stopped. Either Knack had run out, or it had gotten all it needed. Nonetheless, the spot Spark had touched now showed a small crack.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    As they studied the statue, the flow of magic stopped. Either Knack had run out, or it had gotten all it needed. Nonetheless, the spot Spark had touched now showed a small crack.
    Spark listened to what Smoothie said with his mouth opened in utter surprise. Then a small crack appeared where his hoof was.

"Gyah!" He quickly removed his hoof.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground

Scoops is suddenly on the other side of statue. "So what dowedo?" she exclaims after a small hop.

Her eyes dart from pony to pony seeing if anypony had any ideas. "Ooh that doesn't look good."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

A terrible, unknowable thing... Foxglove couldn't think of anything more terrible than her own self, so that was no good. And unknowable? That was all a matter of time, right? So she was trying to place her image of the thing, but it wasn't sticking.

"...If it's going to try and break out through the cracks... What if we just poured glue in?... Or what if we found a way to get Knack's magic out, and used the time to send it to the Princess?"

Foxglove said, throwing ideas around. Not all of her ideas were exactly on the money, but she apparently wasn't effected enough by the idea of physical, nightmarish terror to stop throwing ideas around.

"Or we could build a volcano and throw it in... But we'd need a lot of baking soda..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    No, he's more like Nightmare Moon. A being we can't really comprehend, is completely unnatural* and nopony knows of a way to defeat him. He disappeared for a long while a couple hundred years ago, but nopony knew why. I guess we know where he is now. she says, still backing away. And if he's absorbing Knack's magic....*gulp*...that means he's likely coming back. she says with dread.

*I'm assuming Nightmare Moon and Luna were not the same pony, and Nightmare Moon was more like a demonic possession than a being that actually belongs in ponyworld.
    "Oh like the eight pony students of the Corpse Star. I guess we are doomed." Hover says tapping her chin.

Hover lets out a reassuring sigh upon seeing the crack. "Yup. Doomed."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #548
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Akiiki shapeshifts into a cheetah in a bid to grasp the ball and end the game. His little claw spring back and forth as he hastens his stride. Once the ball is caught he go for a toss.

But the cat's poor stamina and his low baby endurance exhaust him on the spot. He pants and pants in the center of the field. Eventually the other team's fliers reach him and he sorrily attempt to ward off steals.
    After several attempts to steal the ball from Akiiki, one of the pegasi manages to swoop in and snatch the ball from his paws, then flew towards the goals.

Serilus shouted a set of instructions to his earth pony teammate, who nodded in response. The earth pony leaped into the air, and with a quick shield spell from Serilus, found an improvised platform below him. With the added height of the platform, he was able to jump and grab the ball from the pegasus as she flew past.

Ball in hoof, the earth pony returned to the ground and passed the ball off to Akiiki.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    After several attempts to steal the ball from Akiiki, one of the pegasi manages to swoop in and snatch the ball from his paws, then flew towards the goals.

Serilus shouted a set of instructions to his earth pony teammate, who nodded in response. The earth pony leaped into the air, and with a quick shield spell from Serilus, found an improvised platform below him. With the added height of the platform, he was able to jump and grab the ball from the pegasus as she flew past.

Ball in hoof, the earth pony returned to the ground and passed the ball off to Akiiki.
    Still tired from his cheetah run, Akiiki reverts back into a baby zebra. Slowly he nudges the ball to the goal. He is giggling the whole time and unaware of the approaches of the other team.

The opposing unicorn runs in front of him. She does a little spell a conjures a teddy bear. Jiggling it she asks "Trade?"

Akiiki thinks it is a fine plushie and easily gives up the ball for it. After the bit of commerce, he scampers to Serilus to show him his new bear.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #550

Still tired from his cheetah run, Akiiki reverts back into a baby zebra. Slowly he nudges the ball to the goal. He is giggling the whole time and unaware of the approaches of the other team.

The opposing unicorn runs in front of him. She does a little spell a conjures a teddy bear. Jiggling it she asks "Trade?"

Akiiki thinks it is a fine plushie and easily gives up the ball for it. After the bit of commerce, he scampers to Serilus to show him his new bear.
    Serilus watched the scene unfold and facehoofed as Akiiki showed him his new toy.

Not wanting to seperate the foal from his new bear, and deciding that it would be more trouble than it was worth to do so. Serilus instead settled for congratulating Akiiki on his acquisition and then turned his attention back to the game.

The unicorn still had the ball, so Serilus ran towards her. Before he could reach the unicorn, her horn started glowing and she briefly disappeared, only to be replaced a second later by three identical unicorns, each with a ball.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Back at the Civic Centre]

Once she saw that everything around was quieting down. the little purple unicorn bowed and gave Sandy a gentle nuzzle. "It's just friendly," she assured, not seeing much need to break the poor colt's mind again.

She then gathered up her pouch of amethysts. "I hope you don't mind me using the window again," she chuckled as she climbed out to do her usual not-entirely-legal evening and night activities. She did her best to ignore an inexplicable ominous feeling of something being very wrong... /End Pony Day
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Back at the Civic Centre]

Once she saw that everything around was quieting down. the little purple unicorn bowed and gave Sandy a gentle nuzzle. "It's just friendly," she assured, not seeing much need to break the poor colt's mind again.

She then gathered up her pouch of amethysts. "I hope you don't mind me using the window again," she chuckled as she climbed out to do her usual not-entirely-legal evening and night activities. She did her best to ignore an inexplicable ominous feeling of something being very wrong... /End Pony Day
    Thank goodness for that, a colt can only take so much boggling of the mind in one day. And friendly, non-teasing nuzzles weren't all that bad in his book. He smiled and waved to her as she left. "Bye Night Jewel! Ah'll see ya'll tomorrow."

Then he yawned, suddenly feeling how long a day it had been. "Phew, ah guess that's it fer me. Ah guess most ponies our age are supposed t'be in bed now." He chuckled as he headed for the door. "Ah'll see ya'll in th' mornin'."

He trotted up to Silverpine's room and found his cushion in the corner of Fort Colt. Curling up on the plush, soft pillow, the little colt was soon fast asleep.

[/endponyday Sandy]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh like the eight pony students of the Corpse Star. I guess we are doomed." Hover says tapping her chin.

Spark Chaser-The Lake

Hover's words didn't help the young dolt colt. "Doomed? Like Doomed-doomed? But...I haven't joined the Wonderbolt's yet...I can't be doomed." He lowered his ears like a sad puppy and turned to Smoothie.

"W-what are we gonna do now with it?" He asked the dark blue filly.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Serilus watched the scene unfold and facehoofed as Akiiki showed him his new toy.

Not wanting to seperate the foal from his new bear, and deciding that it would be more trouble than it was worth to do so. Serilus instead settled for congratulating Akiiki on his acquisition and then turned his attention back to the game.

The unicorn still had the ball, so Serilus ran towards her. Before he could reach the unicorn, her horn started glowing and she briefly disappeared, only to be replaced a second later by three identical unicorns, each with a ball.
    Oh Akiiki was just overjoyed about having a new toy. He bugged it and bit it and squeezed it and licked it. The baby was so happy he forgot all about the game.

He just had to thank the filly who gave him the toy. Akiiki shapeshifted into a tiger and pounced on her. But he passed right through her. Again he tried with big cat speed but phased through again. Right before she reaches the goal is when he tried a third time. This pounce is a success and he knocked the ball loose.

The next pounce was on the ball its self. "Mine"

An opposing pony attempted to take the ball. He is greeted with a whiffing swipe, a baby roar and a "Mine". A pegasus teammate asked for a pass. All he gets is a glare, pout, and "Mine.".

Akiiki had reverted to an age before ponies learned to share
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #555

"Oh come on now!" Scoops exclaims while still right next to the statue. "All these dark prophecies never lead to anything."

She steps away from the thing and looks like she's thinking. "Besides all this gloomy stuff nopony likes hearing about. Ooh, I know I'm not supposed to say anything about the poor foal, but ponies are going to want to know about the thing we just found!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Spark Chaser-The Lake

Hover's words didn't help the young dolt colt. "Doomed? Like Doomed-doomed? But...I haven't joined the Wonderbolt's yet...I can't be doomed." He lowered his ears like a sad puppy and turned to Smoothie.

"W-what are we gonna do now with it?" He asked the dark blue filly.

Smoothie tries to think of something to do. Anything to prevent this pony from coming back to "life" but there wasn't anything. Simmer had been created to be resistant to even the most damaging spells, and he was outright immune to Disintegrate and similar spells.

Drag it back to the bar I guess. If we're doomed, we're doomed. Might as well give Dr. Magic a chance to study things. he might be able to get Knack's magic back, or prevent him from coming back or something. she then remembered the little talisman thing in the lake.

Be right back. she says and dives back into the lake to get the shiny thing. It might be key to preventing Simmer from coming back.

Eventually, she's back on shore, something beyond soaking wet, and staring pushing the glass block towards the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    A terrible, unknowable thing... Foxglove couldn't think of anything more terrible than her own self, so that was no good. And unknowable? That was all a matter of time, right? So she was trying to place her image of the thing, but it wasn't sticking.

"...If it's going to try and break out through the cracks... What if we just poured glue in?... Or what if we found a way to get Knack's magic out, and used the time to send it to the Princess?"

Foxglove said, throwing ideas around. Not all of her ideas were exactly on the money, but she apparently wasn't effected enough by the idea of physical, nightmarish terror to stop throwing ideas around.

"Or we could build a volcano and throw it in... But we'd need a lot of baking soda..."
    If we had a volcano, I'd gladly toss him in. The problem is we don't, and I have the feeling that wouldn't stop him anyway. she says as she pushes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-05 at 07:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557

Smoothie tries to think of something to do. Anything to prevent this pony from coming back to "life" but there wasn't anything. Simmer had been created to be resistant to even the most damaging spells, and he was outright immune to Disintegrate and similar spells.

Drag it back to the bar I guess. If we're doomed, we're doomed. Might as well give Dr. Magic a chance to study things. he might be able to get Knack's magic back, or prevent him from coming back or something. she then remembered the little talisman thing in the lake.

Be right back. she says and dives back into the lake to get the shiny thing. It might be key to preventing Simmer from coming back.

Eventually, she's back on shore, something beyond soaking wet, and staring pushing the glass block towards the bar.

If we had a volcano, I'd gladly toss him in. The problem is we don't, and I have the feeling that wouldn't stop him anyway. she says as she pushes.
    Without saying anything, Scoops grabs the rope in her mouth and begins prancing/pulling the giant glass block. Unknown to most everypony else she's coming up with headline names for what she thinks she can get away with telling about this story.

Of course, with all this out in the cold rain she'll have to have a nice espresso while finishing the paper tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Pixie in the Playground

Without the water to counter its weight, the englassed armor was much heavier. And the shiny turned out to be a very dark purple gem, the same size as the socket in the armor.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom observed the gem as Smoothie brought it up from the depths. "Are you sure that's a good idea, bringing that thing up?" she asked. "I left it down there because I thought it might be some sort of key to his power or something. We don't want him to get his hands on it, either way."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn Blossom observed the gem as Smoothie brought it up from the depths. "Are you sure that's a good idea, bringing that thing up?" she asked. "I left it down there because I thought it might be some sort of key to his power or something. We don't want him to get his hands on it, either way."
    "Has leaving the ancient artifact of evil where it is ever worked out well? Heck, at least this way we can keep it safe a for a while instead of at the bottom of the lake where anypony could happen across it. Maybe we could use Foxglove's volcano solution on this thing. If there's a volcano somewhere in Equestria that is. Smoothie says.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Has leaving the ancient artifact of evil where it is ever worked out well? Heck, at least this way we can keep it safe a for a while instead of at the bottom of the lake where anypony could happen across it. Maybe we could use Foxglove's volcano solution on this thing. If there's a volcano somewhere in Equestria that is. Smoothie says.
    "Yeah, leaving it alone would just hasten the doom. That's what the students at the old abandoned math camp did and they all went crazy." says Hover. She tugs on the rope as well. It surely is heavier now that it was not underwater. "But that's what happens when you study economics and math. A dark lord comes down from the sky and drives you insane."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Thank goodness for that, a colt can only take so much boggling of the mind in one day. And friendly, non-teasing nuzzles weren't all that bad in his book. He smiled and waved to her as she left. "Bye Night Jewel! Ah'll see ya'll tomorrow."

Then he yawned, suddenly feeling how long a day it had been. "Phew, ah guess that's it fer me. Ah guess most ponies our age are supposed t'be in bed now." He chuckled as he headed for the door. "Ah'll see ya'll in th' mornin'."

He trotted up to Silverpine's room and found his cushion in the corner of Fort Colt. Curling up on the plush, soft pillow, the little colt was soon fast asleep.

[/endponyday Sandy]
    Somewhere between the songs, Sliverpine had slipped away and could be found snoring happily in Fort Colt.

(/end ponyday)

23. - Top - End - #563

Oh Akiiki was just overjoyed about having a new toy. He bugged it and bit it and squeezed it and licked it. The baby was so happy he forgot all about the game.

He just had to thank the filly who gave him the toy. Akiiki shapeshifted into a tiger and pounced on her. But he passed right through her. Again he tried with big cat speed but phased through again. Right before she reaches the goal is when he tried a third time. This pounce is a success and he knocked the ball loose.

The next pounce was on the ball its self. "Mine"

An opposing pony attempted to take the ball. He is greeted with a whiffing swipe, a baby roar and a "Mine". A pegasus teammate asked for a pass. All he gets is a glare, pout, and "Mine.".

Akiiki had reverted to an age before ponies learned to share

"Oh great, he's not going to give us the ball."
    Serilus turned to his cooperative teammates and discussed a plan. "He's not going to let go of the ball, so I think the best idea will be to take him to the goal." The pegasus and earth pony nodded in acknowledgement before taking their positions.

The earth pony ran over to Akiiki and attemped to pass both him and the ball up to their pegasus teammate.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh great, he's not going to give us the ball."
    Serilus turned to his cooperative teammates and discussed a plan. "He's not going to let go of the ball, so I think the best idea will be to take him to the goal." The pegasus and earth pony nodded in acknowledgement before taking their positions.

The earth pony ran over to Akiiki and attemped to pass both him and the ball up to their pegasus teammate.

The earth pony simply lifted the bag hogging foal by the tail. The light bit switched Akiiki back into a zebra. The big pony attempted to rush the goal but was blocked.

What followed was a series of cartoonish passes. A Pegasus steals the foal and ball from the earth pony.
    The Serilus nabbed it from him. Then the opposing unicorn gets it. Then the allied pegasus. Then the another opposing pegasus. And finally Serilus again.

This was the colt 's chance at stardom.

"Mine!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #565

The earth pony simply lifted the bag hogging foal by the tail. The light bit switched Akiiki back into a zebra. The big pony attempted to rush the goal but was blocked.

What followed was a series of cartoonish passes. A Pegasus steals the foal and ball from the earth pony.
    Then Serilus nabbed it from him. Then the opposing unicorn gets it. Then the allied pegasus. Then the another opposing pegasus. And finally Serilus again.

This was the colt 's chance at stardom.

"Mine!"
    After a quick series of passes, Serilus found himself with the ball in hoof. He readied a charge towards the opponent's goals, but then heard a voice behind him.

"Mine!"

Turning around he saw the zebra foal sitting there with an adorable grin on his face. After a brief moment's thought, Serilus passed the ball to Akiiki. Rather than letting Akiiki run off on his own however, Serilus levitated the zebra onto his back, and then resumed his charge towards the goal.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, leaving it alone would just hasten the doom. That's what the students at the old abandoned math camp did and they all went crazy." says Hover. She tugs on the rope as well. It surely is heavier now that it was not underwater. "But that's what happens when you study economics and math. A dark lord comes down from the sky and drives you insane."
    "'Poets don't go mad, but mathematicians do,"'

Foxglove quoted in response. She oined in pushing what they found, humming to herself to keep her on-task.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

Spark

Spark helped with the pushing of the thing even though he really didn't want to be near it, but a colt's got to do what a colt's got to do. His mind was too busy occupied about being apparently doomed as he was soaked to the skin underneath his fur from the the torrential raining that everypony forgot about, again
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-10-06 at 07:30 AM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    otakuwitch
    Guest in the Playground

A tan pegasus with silver mane and tail flew over Bridle Shores, checking out his new home. As Seraph neared the lake, he noticed a group of ponies moving a statue."Ooh ooh, I can help." he thought. Seraph dived down fast, wanting to get there as soon as he could, but as he neared the ground, he tripped over his own legs and landed face-first on the ground, hard, spraying mud everywhere.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

The good news was, the rain washed some of the mud off of Foxglove quickly. The bad news was that she was still muddy, wet, extra wet and now extra muddy. Her long lilac mane was basically a drenched sheet attached to her head. And there was a pony in the mud.

"It's raining ponies now, too? ... I thought it only rained cats and dogs... And sometimes fish... Poor dears... Oh, but there's something you're supposed to say when it's raining stallions... 'Hallejuah'? It's raining stallions... 'Amen'?"

She guessed, thinking of a song that doesn't scan well in pony form. The pale green unicorn tilted her face this way and that, muttering these things to no one in particular.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Spark Chaser

Spark can't help but take the moment to chuckle at the light silliness of what Foxglove was saying. "If only it was raining Bits right now instead...but then...that might hurt....and cause holes in roofs....." He shook his head, he was almost about to catch Foxgloves rambling ramble-ness. He then remembered the pegasi that crashed into the mud.

Covered in mud and water he went over to help Seraph up. "You okay mister?" The young foal asked.