New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight shrugged. "I dunno," she said. "Maybe Grills'? Or, I met a pony named Fox Trot today, calls himself the Colt Of The Dance, he would probably know."
    After being silent for a long time, Lionheart finally speaks when Mystic leaves.
    "So how how old are you? I'm 10!" he said, speaking the last part proudly.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #932
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ginger shrugged. "Hay if I know. A delivery's a delivery." She perused the list, pretending to hem and haw over the route, when she really had no idea where any of these places were. A quick trot around town would be in order. After a short "contemplation", she gave another resolute nod. "Nothin' I can't handle. Soooo, I have the job, right?" she asked eagerly.

"Of course of course!"
    Scoops exclaimed. "I can start you tomorrow if you can come in."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #933

Quote Originally Posted by Zylan View Post
    She reluctantly dropped back to the floor and lowered her head, embarrassed. "Sorry Serilus... I just... I'm not used to dealing with situations like these..." Her voice trembled softly and her eyes continued to scan the room edgily. Not a moment too soon after she spoke, a loud crash echoed from a closet with its door ajar, making her jump and squeal.

Apparently, she wasn't the only one frightened, as a small purple fuzzball about as high as the ponies' knees streaked from the closet and rocketed down the stairs. Diamond reared in surprise as it passed, but once it had disappeared, she suddenly looked more confused than afraid. "Wait... I think I know what that was..." Without waiting for an answer, she trotted for the stairs.
    Serilus stood back up and brushed himself down. Upon hearing the crash, Serilus exclaimed "What was that?" As Diamond started to trot downstairs, Serilus followed her, a confused look on his face. "Wait? You know what that was?"
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Serilus stood back up and brushed himself down. Upon hearing the crash, Serilus exclaimed "What was that?" As Diamond started to trot downstairs, Serilus followed her, a confused look on his face. "Wait? You know what that was?"
    Seeming to forget all about the spookiness of the building, she curiously moved down the stairs and into the hallway. Squinting down at the floor, she was barely able to make out some tiny pawprints in the dust among their hoofmarks. "Yeah," she answered him half-mindedly, "I've seen these before, I think..." Following the disturbance in the dust, she made her way into the workshop area and peeked around behind a cabinet. A smile formed on her mouth.

"Oh... hello there. What're you doing in here?..." She silently wished she had better aptitude with small animals as the creature between the cabinet and the wall simply stared at her from the darkness. "Serilus," she called to him quietly. "There's a furbab behind here... I think he's the one who's been making all that noise..." She motioned for him to come over, still peering behind the storage unit.

5. - Top - End - #935

Seeming to forget all about the spookiness of the building, she curiously moved down the stairs and into the hallway. Squinting down at the floor, she was barely able to make out some tiny pawprints in the dust among their hoofmarks. "Yeah," she answered him half-mindedly, "I've seen these before, I think..." Following the disturbance in the dust, she made her way into the workshop area and peeked around behind a cabinet. A smile formed on her mouth.

"Oh... hello there. What're you doing in here?..." She silently wished she had better aptitude with small animals as the creature between the cabinet and the wall simply stared at her from the darkness. "Serilus," she called to him quietly. "There's a furbab behind here... I think he's the one who's been making all that noise..." She motioned for him to come over, still peering behind the storage unit.
    "A furbab?" Serilus had a confused look on his face. His knowledge of various creatures generally just covered the more dangerous ones. He trotted over to where Diamond was standing and peered behind the cabinet. "He looks kind of cute."
    Last edited by Level8Mudcrab; 2011-10-28 at 07:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    After being silent for a long time, Lionheart finally speaks when Mystic leaves.
    "So how how old are you? I'm 10!" he said, speaking the last part proudly.
    "Well, normally I'm 22," said Heartflight. "Though at the moment I seem to be about ... 6 or 7."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937

"Well, normally I'm 22," said Heartflight. "Though at the moment I seem to be about ... 6 or 7."
    He mulled this over. If she was really 22 then she would be able to answer his next question.
    "Do I look good?"
    It was a question he constantly worried about. Because he couldn't see his own reflection because he was blind, he never knew what he looked like.
    He's currently as always with his dark green coat, shaved head with a messy brown tail, bu without his aviator glasses showing off his milky white eyes.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight mulled this over for a moment before shrugging. "Yeah, you look fine," she said. "Why?"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #939

Heartflight mulled this over for a moment before shrugging. "Yeah, you look fine," she said. "Why?"
    "No reason." he lied, cracking a smile like he always does when he lies.
    He figured she would probably laught at him, a blind pony who care what he looks like.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight shrugged and rummaged through her stuff once Mystic was gone.

"So, want some chocolate frosting?" she offered.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-10-29 at 12:34 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Pixie in the Playground

"A furbab?" Serilus had a confused look on his face. His knowledge of various creatures generally just covered the more dangerous ones. He trotted over to where Diamond was standing and peered behind the cabinet. "He looks kind of cute."
    The critter was barely visible in the dark, but its general shape could be made out as they squinted at it. It was purple and furry, and appeared to have a lithe form with large ears and a long puffy tail. It crouched in the dust, trembling and staring out at the two, clearly afraid. (picture)

Diamond cooed sadly. "Awww, he looks so scared... help me get him out from behind this cabinet. He shouldn't stay back there like this."
    Last edited by Zylan; 2011-10-29 at 02:10 AM.

12. - Top - End - #942

The critter was barely visible in the dark, but its general shape could be made out as they squinted at it. It was purple and furry, and appeared to have a lithe form with large ears and a long puffy tail. It crouched in the dust, trembling and staring out at the two, clearly afraid. (picture)

Diamond cooed sadly. "Awww, he looks so scared... help me get him out from behind this cabinet. He shouldn't stay back there like this."
    "How interesting, I've never seen one before." Serilus stared at the furbab for a few seconds, fascinated, before he snapped out of it. "Uh, right, let's get him out. Here, I'll lift the cabinet, you can grab him." Using a combination of his magic and hooves, Serilus lifted the cabinet about half a metre into the air, struggling under it's weight. "Better help him out now, can't hold this up forever."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Pixie in the Playground

"How interesting, I've never seen one before." Serilus stared at the furbab for a few seconds, fascinated, before he snapped out of it. "Uh, right, let's get him out. Here, I'll lift the cabinet, you can grab him." Using a combination of his magic and hooves, Serilus lifted the cabinet about half a metre into the air, struggling under it's weight. "Better help him out now, can't hold this up forever."
    She quickly ducked her head and shuffled for the animal. Luckily, it didn't seem aggressive, so she didn't have much trouble picking it up and bringing it out. "Okay, I got him... thanks," she smiled at Serilus. Plopping down on the floor, she stroked the furbab's fur gently, trying to calm it down. "It's okay, I won't hurt you..." The creature's shivering seemed to subside and he curled his tail around his body, snuggling into Diamond's hold. She beamed happily. "He's so cute... I wonder how long he's been living in here?"

14. - Top - End - #944

She quickly ducked her head and shuffled for the animal. Luckily, it didn't seem aggressive, so she didn't have much trouble picking it up and bringing it out. "Okay, I got him... thanks," she smiled at Serilus. Plopping down on the floor, she stroked the furbab's fur gently, trying to calm it down. "It's okay, I won't hurt you..." The creature's shivering seemed to subside and he curled his tail around his body, snuggling into Diamond's hold. She beamed happily. "He's so cute... I wonder how long he's been living in here?"
    Serilus placed the cabinet back on the floor, glad to be freed from that weight. "Who knows how long he's been here? According to the mayor, this house has been abandoned for quite awhile, so he could have been here for a few years at least."

Serilus knelt down and patted the furbab. "You're right, he is quite cute. And it looks like he likes you."

15. - Top - End - #945

Heartflight shrugged and rummaged through her stuff once Mystic was gone.

"So, want some chocolate frosting?" she offered.
    He nodded his head.
    "Sure!""
    He took a bit of frosting onto his hoof and, after getting the tip of his other hoof covered in frosting, using his superior aiming skills(BlindFoal OS) and went to dab her nose!
    But probably got her cheek instead.
    "Boooooooooooooop."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-10-29 at 04:16 PM.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"Of course of course!"
    Scoops exclaimed. "I can start you tomorrow if you can come in."
    Ginger did a little hoof-pump in celebration. "Aww yeah! I'll be here bright and early, Miz Scoops! You won't regret this!" If Whadda doesn't stop her, Ginger races out the front door to tell her parents she's found work.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ginger did a little hoof-pump in celebration. "Aww yeah! I'll be here bright and early, Miz Scoops! You won't regret this!" If Whadda doesn't stop her, Ginger races out the front door to tell her parents she's found work.
    Scoops doesn't stop Ginger. Ignoring the fact that she has absolutely no reason to see that level of excitement as unusual, it's good to see her new employee motivated. Instead, the mare just gets back to work on the sections of paper that can be done.

Oddly she already knows the front page, unless something really important picks up. It looks like Bridle Shores is getting a little help from the 'Magic of Nightmare Night' fund to throw a party.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #948
    Pixie in the Playground

Serilus placed the cabinet back on the floor, glad to be freed from that weight. "Who knows how long he's been here? According to the mayor, this house has been abandoned for quite awhile, so he could have been here for a few years at least."

Serilus knelt down and patted the furbab. "You're right, he is quite cute. And it looks like he likes you."
    She smiled. Suddenly the house they were in didn't seem so scary anymore. Stroking the animal's fur gently, she stood up and levitated him onto her back, where he curled up, purring. "Hmm... I wonder if he was the pet of the last pony who lived here, or if he was the one causing all the problems..." She simply shrugged and walked carefully to the door, then turned around. "Well, I'm tired, so I think I'll head to the inn for a rest. I'll start cleaning this place up tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your help, Serilus. I really appreciate it." With saying this, she levitated some bits from her bag and floated them over to him, smiling.

19. - Top - End - #949

She smiled. Suddenly the house they were in didn't seem so scary anymore. Stroking the animal's fur gently, she stood up and levitated him onto her back, where he curled up, purring. "Hmm... I wonder if he was the pet of the last pony who lived here, or if he was the one causing all the problems..." She simply shrugged and walked carefully to the door, then turned around. "Well, I'm tired, so I think I'll head to the inn for a rest. I'll start cleaning this place up tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your help, Serilus. I really appreciate it." With saying this, she levitated some bits from her bag and floated them over to him, smiling.

"Not a problem at all, I was glad to help, and I certainly had fun today. A shame there weren't any ghosts though."
    A thoughtful look crossed his face, before he added "If any ghosts do show up, be sure to tell me."

Serilus trotted outside and allowed Diamond to lock up the house. "See you later Diamond. By the way, I'm staying at the Civic Center, should you wish to meet up again sometime." With that Serilus waved a hoof at Diamond, and headed back to the Civic Center, collapsing in one of the common room chairs upon returning.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

The mocha stallion was a bit on the pooped out side. After finishing the last of his errands, the last one being getting himself a new set of cuffs and a bow tie from Scarlet's, off-screen. He had wanted to see Icy today, even for a little bit, also because he was curious to see if she turned back into a mare as he did a stallion. But alas the fates seemed to say neigh.

And its not like he had a reason to go to the library right now. Though it would be amusingly awkward considering she's still a filly and he a stallion.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Mystic

Mystic was off to see the wizard! The wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Wait, no. That's Smoothie. Mystic is off to see her fillyfriend to tell her the date is still on. Despite the fact Mystic did not generally like dancing due to most places she would be able to being rather public, she was looking forward to this. She just needed to find a record with appropriate songs on it, and get somepony to zip up her dress later.

Oh wait. She has manipulable tentacle hair that can extend to illogical lengths. Never mind.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    He nodded his head.
    "Sure!""
    He took a bit of frosting onto his hoof and, after getting the tip of his other hoof covered in frosting, using his superior aiming skills(BlindFoal OS) and went to dab her nose!
    But probably got her cheek instead.
    "Boooooooooooooop."
    Heartflight blinked, then giggled softly.

"The frosting is supposed to go in your mouth silly, not on my cheek."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #953

Heartflight blinked, then giggled softly.

"The frosting is supposed to go in your mouth silly, not on my cheek."
    Lionheart laughed and tried to do it again.
    He probably gets her forehead this time.
    He is clearly trying to start a frosting war.
    It's the only explanation.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ooohh no you don't," said Heartflight, ducking out of the way. She then proceeded to dab a bit of chocolate on Lionheart's nose before stepping back and nomming a hoof-full of frosting herself.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #955

Lionheart
    Lionheart laughed.
    "En garde!" he said as he went to cover Heartflight's cheek in chocolate frosting.
    Why he said En Garde, the world may never know.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to Nowhere, population: Me

Quaver Rest sighed to herself as she paused to survey the town that lay before her. It seemed picturesque enough to spend some time in, but it was a very far cry from Canterlot. The long trek she'd taken to get here was testement to that fact.

She looked back at the cart behind her and grimaced. She hadn't been able to bring as much as she'd have liked, not if she had wanted to achieve a reasonable speed on her trip. Some more items would be arriving in the next few days but for now she was left with only the most critical things she could fit into the small transport.

The usual sundries were there; clothes, toiletries, the things she'd need to tide her over until she could buy the other necessities of life. Other things were not quite as critical to survival; Some quills, ink and blank sheet music had been packed into one small crate while a second held papers that were either completed, shelved or in progress. A pair of music stands were nestled amongst some of the smaller instruments she owned while a wooden pony manniquine rested in the back with what appeared to be a beekepers helmet on its head.

Her most valuable items, however, she kept on her body. Attached to the harness, they hung by her side in two long thin containers. The longer held her own personalised fencing foil; a gift from her father, its pommel had been stamped with her cutie mark.

The shorter, however, was far more valuable. It was a small, gold inlaid, conductors baton. She normally kept it under lock and key, only taking it out to use on special occasions. But when she did, the gold caught the light in such a way that it was like watching sunlight dance in front of the orchestra. It was her signature that she appended to the music she directed, a small part of her that she lent to strengthen the performance.

She remembered the first time she'd used it and had gotten an ovation that had sent shudders up the stage. She had been happy then.

The memory faded. The visions of Canterlot, the sounds of the audience and music melting away to be relplaced by the township now of Bridle Shores.

She gave the two cylinders a comforting pat.

"It doesn't look like much does it? But here we are."

Oh great, now you're talking to the equipment. What's next? Holding a tea party with inanimate objects?

She snorted in amusement at the ridiculous image before resuming her trek into the town's main street. She had to locate the house she'd be staying in. If her expectations were at all accurate she guessed that she'd just have to stand still for a few moments before somepony volunteered them.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

In the town's main street were two ponies in fancy Nipponese regalia -- a white unicorn stallion in a samurai helmet and a golden pegasus in a pony-fied kimono. The two of them were on a small stage, apparently deep in discussion.

"Alright, so for our third trick, I shall saw --" The stallion proclaimed in an energetic, booming voice. He had a cape and a katana on, though it wasn't clear if he knew how to use them.

"...Wait a second. That doesn't sound very friendly." The pegasus pointed out, turning her dainty little head to the side and pouting. She had a bright, songbird-like voice.

He recoiled from her, and then leaned forward earnestly.

"What do you mean, Silk Scarf my dear?"

"Well, magic is friendship...And aren't we supposed to be doing incredible feats of magic?"

He nodded vigorously.

"You're right! We must only do the most amazing displays of magic in our show! Clearly, we must behave in the absolute pinnacle of friendship!"

"Alright!"

"We won't saw anypony in half at all! The crowd will go wild!"

"Incredible, Top Hat!"

The two excitedly ran around in circles before noticing Quaver Rest.

"Hello there!""Hello there!"

The two spoke in perfect unison, extending their forehooves toward the most likely confused pony.

"You must be here to see our show!"
    "It's the most impressive magic show in Equestria!"
    "That's right! For our finale, we don't saw somepony in half!"
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-11-06 at 09:01 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well that sounds just about as exciting as the book I never read." The purple mare deadpanned.

Easy now, girl. She thought. Try not to get off on the wrong hoof here.

Taking a breath, and after a brief moment of indecision, she shook their hooves and started afresh.

"My name is Quaver Rest, as you can guess I'm new to town and could use some help finding directions to the Cleft family home. I don't suppose you have heard of it? Or might know somepony who does?"

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

"It depends on the book, though. Some of the books I've never read were really dull!"

It appears her deadpan completely missed the mark -- the two were as chipper as ever, not at all affected. They combined their efforts and shook her hooves vigorously, letting go after a minute too long.

"I'm Top Hat," The unicorn said, doffing his samurai helmet to reveal a dark golden mane. To someone who had seen members of the royal family up close, there would have been something oddly familiar about his coloring and conformation.
    "And I'm Silk Scarf. Nice to meetcha!"

Then they immediately, and still perfectly synchronized, rubbed their chins with their hooves.
    "Well, we saw a good number of homes on our way in..."
    "But we're actually new in town ourselves. We just got done setting up our stage..."
    "There was a house that was cleft in half...But that seemed more like an accident than anything else..."

They turned to each other and nodded.

"Ok, we've decided!""We've decided!

They extended their hooves again, less of a formal gesture and more a dramatic one, like pointing.

"We're going to help you...""Find your house!"

In short, Quaver Rest, you are doomed.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, five seconds in town and I've already found the nutcases. I should really take up psychiatry in my spare time, I'd make a mint.

It was only through significant application of self control that Quaver Rest kept the smile plastered on her face. Especially once the realisation hit her that she really didn't have any better options at this point and, really, had nothing better to do with her time until she found a halfway competent pony or a map.

"Thank you both, please lead the way."

Well here we go, maybe I can compile a census to submit to the Canterlot board of Mental Health later.