New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "The door's to your left, kiddo," said Heartflight. It was rather odd to hear a foal who appeared 6 calling a foal of 10 'kiddo'.
    Heartflight might notice that once she exits the house, Lionheart isn't within sight.
    She also might notice his tracks that lead around to the side of the house and then mysteriously disappear.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Heartflight paused, wondering where the heck Lionheart had gone. She might have been more inclined to panic at his sudden disappearance, except she knew he had managed to get all the way to Bridle Shores by himself, so he probably wasn't in any danger.

"Lionheart!" she called. "Where did you go?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #993
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight paused, wondering where the heck Lionheart had gone. She might have been more inclined to panic at his sudden disappearance, except she knew he had managed to get all the way to Bridle Shores by himself, so he probably wasn't in any danger.

"Lionheart!" she called. "Where did you go?"
    As soon as she speaks he spring his trap!
    And by trap I mean he jumps off of the roof to tackle her and to spread frosting all over her face while yelling: "Baaaaaaaaanzaaaaaaaai!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

After an unsuccessful day of trying to find Icy, getting hurt during that cart catastrophe at the town center where nopony helped him because they were to busy singing, getting that 30 Bit bouquet of roses ruined, he had gone home. Though before he actually did that, he bought a single red rose, wrote a note and had hobbled to the civic center and left the rose and note at the door of Icy's room.

The note simply red 'For the rose of my heart'

Afterwards he went home to go sleep for he and Icy had a big date tomorrow at Fillydephia and had to wake up early since they were gonna take a three hour train to get there.

/end pony day
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-11-20 at 01:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    (Alright. I'm starting the next week because why not?)
    [One Week Later]

Sweetheart made her way out of the forest, weary, hungry, and dirty after her long journey. Still, she could not rest yet. She had no destination before, but a potential one was coming within sight, and she could not stop without reaching it.

As she approached the town, she saw a sign. "The town of Bridle Shores. An unfamiliar name. Might as well learn more." Not a hint of enthusiasm was in her voice - in fact, not a hint of anything was. It was dry and lifeless.

With that, she headed into Bridle Shores, looking for a place where she could find a meal or spend the night. Once she'd found one, she'd concentrate on finding work.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [One Week Later]

Sweetheart made her way out of the forest, weary, hungry, and dirty after her long journey. Still, she could not rest yet. She had no destination before, but a potential one was coming within sight, and she could not stop without reaching it.

As she approached the town, she saw a sign. "The town of Bridle Shores. An unfamiliar name. Might as well learn more." Not a hint of enthusiasm was in her voice - in fact, not a hint of anything was. It was dry and lifeless.

With that, she headed into Bridle Shores, looking for a place where she could find a meal or spend the night. Once she'd found one, she'd concentrate on finding work.
    At the edge of town stood a male zebra and a pegasus filly. The black maned filly was squinting at the zebra, focused on something as she red the book in his mouth. "Black spinel? That is the only black gemstone around Bridle Shores? Figures."

The zebra nodded the pulled an uncut black stone from his black. Once cut, it would make a pretty gem. Now it is just a dumb rock. Hover Heart took the stone and stared deeply into the ugly thing.

Akiiki was the first to notice Sweetheart. And he knew the looks of a traveler in need of a rest stop. The zebra shushed Hover with a hoof and searched his bad for a map.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #997
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    At the edge of town stood a male zebra and a pegasus filly. The black maned filly was squinting at the zebra, focused on something as she red the book in his mouth. "Black spinel? That is the only black gemstone around Bridle Shores? Figures."

The zebra nodded the pulled an uncut black stone from his black. Once cut, it would make a pretty gem. Now it is just a dumb rock. Hover Heart took the stone and stared deeply into the ugly thing.

Akiiki was the first to notice Sweetheart. And he knew the looks of a traveler in need of a rest stop. The zebra shushed Hover with a hoof and searched his bad for a map.
    Sweetheart looked over the pair carefully. "Hello," she said. "I am called Sweetheart. I come from far away. My profession is that of the maid." She gestured to her uniform, still recognizable despite being damp and dirty. "I would like to know about this town."

While she waited for a response, she took a look at the gemstone. It appears to be just a rock, but has beauty inside it. A locked-away beauty. Sealed inside a lifeless shell. She was careful to keep her thoughts on it analytical.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sweetheart looked over the pair carefully. "Hello," she said. "I am called Sweetheart. I come from far away. My profession is that of the maid." She gestured to her uniform, still recognizable despite being damp and dirty. "I would like to know about this town."

While she waited for a response, she took a look at the gemstone. It appears to be just a rock, but has beauty inside it. A locked-away beauty. Sealed inside a lifeless shell. She was careful to keep her thoughts on it analytical.

Akiiki took the maid pony hoof and shook it as a greeting. In his mouth was a map of the town drawn up by a friends.

The faux goth filly looked up at Sweetheart. "Akiiki doesn't talk much. It is pointless after all. Everything is pointless and useless. We just waste our breath when we do it."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akiiki took the maid pony hoof and shook it as a greeting. In his mouth was a map of the town drawn up by a friends.

The faux goth filly looked up at Sweetheart. "Akiiki doesn't talk much. It is pointless after all. Everything is pointless and useless. We just waste our breath when we do it."
    "You can say that, and yet still get things done despite them being, as you say, useless." said Sweetheart. "But there is no need to discuss such matters at this moment." Her tone of voice implied that she didn't care about it at all.

"I request to know about any locations in the local area that require a maidservant, or could give further information."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"You can say that, and yet still get things done despite them being, as you say, useless." said Sweetheart. "But there is no need to discuss such matters at this moment." Her tone of voice implied that she didn't care about it at all.

"I request to know about any locations in the local area that require a maidservant, or could give further information."
    Akiiki spit out the map and pointed up into the air, toward the center of town. The extension of his hoof would bring attention to a large cloud with what seemed like a building on it.

"The civic center. The home for homeless ponies. Shelter for the cold and attractant to the hopeless hooves who wait for their cursed talents to be needed." answered Hover. She fluttered a bit and gives the two other ponies a follow me gesture.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akiiki spit out the map and pointed up into the air, toward the center of town. The extension of his hoof would bring attention to a large cloud with what seemed like a building on it.

"The civic center. The home for homeless ponies. Shelter for the cold and attractant to the hopeless hooves who wait for their cursed talents to be needed." answered Hover. She fluttered a bit and gives the two other ponies a follow me gesture.
    "Very well. Thank you." Sweetheart didn't actually seem grateful at all, but came along anyway.

"Cursed talents." It's as if they know. Or there could be others, and it is simply a coincidence.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Very well. Thank you." Sweetheart didn't actually seem grateful at all, but came along anyway.

"Cursed talents." It's as if they know. Or there could be others, and it is simply a coincidence.
    Grim Hover and Silent Akiiki

Then the pegasus filly led the ponymaid and the rocky zebra to the civil center. Up the cloud staircase they walked until they reached the inside. That is when they saw a strange sleeping pony.

Oh her. She doesn't wake up often. The smartest of us all to remain in a dream or the greatest fool for living in a nightmare. says Hover.

Akiiki points to the mare's smile.

"Dreamland then. She is genius."

Grills

So the chocolate pony walked his grey... black... brown... what color are the dogs again? Anyway he walked Sugar around town until he could run into somepony.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-11-21 at 07:40 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Civic Centre]

Then the pegasus filly led the ponymaid and the rocky zebra to the civil center. Up the cloud staircase they walked until they reached the inside. That is when they saw a strange sleeping pony.

Oh her. She doesn't wake up often. The smartest of us all to remain in a dream or the greatest fool for living in a nightmare. says Hover.

Akiiki points to the mare's smile.

"Dreamland then. She is genius."
    Sweetheart nodded as an acknowledgement. "I see." She examined the sleeper to make sure she was all right, then looked for other work to do without a word. She hardly even looked at the other ponies.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Civic Centre]

Sweetheart nodded as an acknowledgement. "I see." She examined the sleeper to make sure she was all right, then looked for other work to do without a word. She hardly even looked at the other ponies.
    Akiiki pulls out a pen and notepad. Suddenly he shape-shifts into a chimp a scribbles a message for Sweetheart.

This is the Civic Center. You can sleep here until you get a home in town someplace. The place has many open rooms at the moment.

Now what occupation are you looking for? There's a board on the wall for ponies seeking the assistance of other ponies.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akiiki pulls out a pen and notepad. Suddenly he shape-shifts into a chimp a scribbles a message for Sweetheart.

This is the Civic Center. You can sleep here until you get a home in town someplace. The place has many open rooms at the moment.

Now what occupation are you looking for? There's a board on the wall for ponies seeking the assistance of other ponies.
    The mare barely reacted to the shapeshifting. This wouldn't have been so odd if she had clearly expected it, but she hadn't, and her tone and expression still remained perfectly level. "Thank you. As for work, something that does not attract much attention would be best. I was considering seeing if this place needs somepony with my skills."

She had a look at the board to see what possibilities were available.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The mare barely reacted to the shapeshifting. This wouldn't have been so odd if she had clearly expected it, but she hadn't, and her tone and expression still remained perfectly level. "Thank you. As for work, something that does not attract much attention would be best. I was considering seeing if this place needs somepony with my skills."

She had a look at the board to see what possibilities were available.

The chimp zebra hoots and mumbles. In Sweetheart's head, she would sense that Akiiki is ensuring her of an availability. Whether his communications comes off as encouraging, flirtatious, or sarcastic is lost in translation and up to Sweetheart's mind. His magic only grants basic communication. It lacks the ability to speak inflection and intention.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Dwarf in the Playground

The chimp zebra hoots and mumbles. In Sweetheart's head, she would sense that Akiiki is ensuring her of an availability. Whether his communications comes off as encouraging, flirtatious, or sarcastic is lost in translation and up to Sweetheart's mind. His magic only grants basic communication. It lacks the ability to speak inflection and intention.
    "Ah, yes." The maid nodded. Ironically, the lack of inflection to make her slip up almost made her glad, but she checked herself before that emotion could come. She couldn't be glad. She couldn't have any happiness. She couldn't have anything. All she could do was work.

And that was what she did. Silently, she headed off to find a broom closet and begin cleaning the place.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - His Home - 8th Time's the Charm, Right?]

The craving this morning was oranges. Sandy guzzled down juice like a colt out of a particularly life-scarring health class.

7 days. 7 failures. At first it had just seemed like awful luck, but now it was getting silly. These random food cravings were grating his nerves, and he knew Silverpine wasn't faring much better with his vast appetite. No matter what happened, today they were seeing this Dr. Magic fellow and getting this sorted out.

He packed up a variety of fruits to (hopefully) satisfy whatever craving hit him throughout the day, as well as a little snack he'd mixed up for Silverpine the night before. Hopefully it'd be filling enough to keep him going. One saddlebag full of sand, the other filled with food, he set off to find his friends.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy - His Home - 8th Time's the Charm, Right?]

The craving this morning was oranges. Sandy guzzled down juice like a colt out of a particularly life-scarring health class.

7 days. 7 failures. At first it had just seemed like awful luck, but now it was getting silly. These random food cravings were grating his nerves, and he knew Silverpine wasn't faring much better with his vast appetite. No matter what happened, today they were seeing this Dr. Magic fellow and getting this sorted out.

He packed up a variety of fruits to (hopefully) satisfy whatever craving hit him throughout the day, as well as a little snack he'd mixed up for Silverpine the night before. Hopefully it'd be filling enough to keep him going. One saddlebag full of sand, the other filled with food, he set off to find his friends.
    Sliverpine meanwhile, was already up and about in the Civic Center's kitchen, his muzzle in a huge bag of hayfries. To be perfectly honest, Sliverpine felt the novelty of being able to eat everything he wanted for once wore off exactly five days ago. Waking up with hunger pangs every morning was not exactly the best way to start a day.

The incredible part was that he and Sandy were seemingly prevented by Celestia-knows coincidences and accidents to see Dr Magic himself. Almost as if somepony with the power of plot was preventing them from doing so. Sliverpine groaned as his belly rumbled hungrily again. Today better be the day they get this sorted once and for all.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Dr. Magic, meanwhile, was sitting in his office, just like he had been doing for every day since he retired from being a main character. He hadn't noticed any odd circumstances (besides his first harvest-day feast needed to be removed from someone's throat a week early) or coincidences at all. He was drinking his tea.

"It's good to be a background pony..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

As for the master chef, he and dog were looking for a last few pieces for their customes. And poor Grills stills had not decided on what he was going as. He was thinking either a vampire or a devil. If vampire, Sugar could be his wittle demonic vampire spawn. If a devil, she could be an cute doggie imp. He owned the black or red cloaks respectively. Fangs work for both, both he could use his pyromancy as a devil and smoky teleportations for the vampire.

"Decisions. Decisions."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

[Quaver Rest - Cleft Cottage]

Quaver began her seventh day in Bridle Shores in much the same fashion as her last six. She finished her morning ablutions before cooking a simple breakfast in the cottage's quaint, but well stocked, kitchen.

She was silently thankful that her cousins had seen to leave behind enough food and ingredients to last her a good fortnight, as it helped to not have to worry about such things when she was new to town. However, her ingredient stores were beginning to run down and she'd need to start sourcing a new supplier of local produce within the next week. Mentally, she added the task to an ever growing list of things that needed doing. Getting a Nightmare night costume was on the list too, but somewhere near the bottom.

The topmost item on that list, unfortunately, had remained unchanged since her arrival. The town simply did not seem to have a repairpony capable of the fine adjustments needed to fix her broken flute and clarinet. Although there had been some mention of a pony called Night Jewel who might help, it seemed that she was either unavailable or out of town. Quaver's one success in the last week had been repairing the violin under her own hoofpower, but that still left her at a reduced performance capacity.

That would normally not have concerned her, but the supply of bits she'd brought with her had taken a mortal blow from the need to purchase a swathe of basic necessities after her cart had been wrecked. The money, originally intended to last her a good long while, was beginning to fall at an uncomfortable rate.

Obviously, she needed to supplement her income by making use of her talents, either by performing or teaching. But without those instruments, she felt ... incomplete.

Grimacing, she policed her bowl of carrots and washed it up in the kitchen. There was nothing else for it except to keep looking for this Night Jewel character, or a suitable alternative, and to start advertising music lessons. Pulling a pad and paper from the cupboard, she started putting together a pair of suitable advertisments.

Once she'd finished, she grabbed the two flyers, along with her keys and headed out the front door.

That was when she walked smack into a large wooden crate that somepony had left on her front path.

Rubbing her head in annoyance, she read the label on the side.

Canterlot Delivery Services, from our door to yours!
    Contents: Upright Piano x 1

She looked at the crate, then back at her far-too-narrow front door, then back at the crate again. Facehooving, she returned to the cottage for a moment before exiting with a third flyer, this one requesting assistance from either unicorns or pegasai for heavy lifting. Hopefully they could fit the crate in through one of the wide bay windows that pointed towards the lake.

[Civic Centre]

She arrived at the Civic Centre a short while later. Noticing only a small red mare who was aparrently cleaning the place, she made to affix her three notices to the job board.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    As soon as she speaks he spring his trap!
    And by trap I mean he jumps off of the roof to tackle her and to spread frosting all over her face while yelling: "Baaaaaaaaanzaaaaaaaai!"
    Except he missed her. Or he would have, if Heartflight hadn't dashed under the colt to break his fall, getting the wind knocked out of her.

"Oof ... pony, you're heavy for a foal," she groaned, though that may be thanks to her currently 5-year-old stature.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quaver began her seventh day in Bridle Shores in much the same fashion as her last six. She finished her morning ablutions before cooking a simple breakfast in the cottage's quaint, but well stocked, kitchen.

She was silently thankful that her cousins had seen to leave behind enough food and ingredients to last her a good fortnight, as it helped to not have to worry about such things when she was new to town. However, her ingredient stores were beginning to run down and she'd need to start sourcing a new supplier of local produce within the next week. Mentally, she added the task to an ever growing list of things that needed doing. Getting a Nightmare night costume was on the list too, but somewhere near the bottom.

The topmost item on that list, unfortunately, had remained unchanged since her arrival. The town simply did not seem to have a repairpony capable of the fine adjustments needed to fix her broken flute and clarinet. Although there had been some mention of a pony called Night Jewel who might help, it seemed that she was either unavailable or out of town. Quaver's one success in the last week had been repairing the violin under her own hoofpower, but that still left her at a reduced performance capacity.

That would normally not have concerned her, but the supply of bits she'd brought with her had taken a mortal blow from the need to purchase a swathe of basic necessities after her cart had been wrecked. The money, originally intended to last her a good long while, was beginning to fall at an uncomfortable rate.

Obviously, she needed to supplement her income by making use of her talents, either by performing or teaching. But without those instruments, she felt ... incomplete.

Grimacing, she policed her bowl of carrots and washed it up in the kitchen. There was nothing else for it except to keep looking for this Night Jewel character, or a suitable alternative, and to start advertising music lessons. Pulling a pad and paper from the cupboard, she started putting together a pair of suitable advertisments.

Once she'd finished, she grabbed the two flyers, along with her keys and headed out the front door.

That was when she walked smack into a large wooden crate that somepony had left on her front path.

Rubbing her head in annoyance, she read the label on the side.

Canterlot Delivery Services, from our door to yours!
    Contents: Upright Piano x 1

She looked at the crate, then back at her far-too-narrow front door, then back at the crate again. Facehooving, she returned to the cottage for a moment before exiting with a third flyer, this one requesting assistance from either unicorns or pegasai for heavy lifting. Hopefully they could fit the crate in through one of the wide bay windows that pointed towards the lake.

[Civic Centre]

She arrived at the Civic Centre a short while later. Noticing only a small red mare who was aparrently cleaning the place, she made to affix her three notices to the job board.
    Sweetheart glanced up. "Oh, good day," she said flatly. "You look vaguely distressed."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine meanwhile, was already up and about in the Civic Center's kitchen, his muzzle in a huge bag of hayfries. To be perfectly honest, Sliverpine felt the novelty of being able to eat everything he wanted for once wore off exactly five days ago. Waking up with hunger pangs every morning was not exactly the best way to start a day.

The incredible part was that he and Sandy were seemingly prevented by Celestia-knows coincidences and accidents to see Dr Magic himself. Almost as if somepony with the power of plot was preventing them from doing so. Sliverpine groaned as his belly rumbled hungrily again. Today better be the day they get this sorted once and for all.
    Sandy arrived at the Civic Center with relatively little trouble. For once. So far so good. He waved to the new ponies in the general lobby area before heading to Silverpine's room and giving it a firm knock. "Silverpine? You there?"

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills: Town Square -> Civic Centre

The brown and sort of black pony walked his puppy around town. They drew a great deal of attention. Unwanted attention. Who could resist a cute puppy after all. And the straight mares had a handsome stallion to gawk at too. And Sugar didn't exactly dislike the attention. Having her master there enhanced her adorableness.

So Grills sprinted away from the mob of dog fanatics. Ponies had the tendency to chase things in hooved mobs so it wasn't scary for the stallion. Just creepy. He raced up a staircase, noticing halfway it was made of clouds and leading him into the air. But he didn't care about that at the moment. Grills dived inside and barricaded the down with a few couches. "Puppy fans are crazy!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy arrived at the Civic Center with relatively little trouble. For once. So far so good. He waved to the new ponies in the general lobby area before heading to Silverpine's room and giving it a firm knock. "Silverpine? You there?"
    A muffled voice answered him. "Yes, door's unlocked." If Sandy were to peer inside, he would see Sliverpine snout-deep in yet another bag of hayfries. With stacks of discarded wrappers stacked beside his bed. Sliverpine been snacking the whole morning apparently.

"Oh, good morning," Sliverpine would greet once he stopped enough to notice the door was open. "Are we going to try again?"

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    A muffled voice answered him. "Yes, door's unlocked." If Sandy were to peer inside, he would see Sliverpine snout-deep in yet another bag of hayfries. With stacks of discarded wrappers stacked beside his bed. Sliverpine been snacking the whole morning apparently.

"Oh, good morning," Sliverpine would greet once he stopped enough to notice the door was open. "Are we going to try again?"
    Sandy was sipping on a canteen he'd filled with orange juice in an attempt to stave off the cravings. "Try nothin', we're seeing that doctor today, and that's that." Sandy replied. He made his way across the wrapper-strewn floor to Silverpine's bedside. "And I think I got something that'll help you get there without leaving such a trail." From his saddlebags, he produced three large masses of what appeared to be some sort of granola and fruit, wrapped in paper. "It's an old trick I learned; Oats, berries, and a good mix of honey to hold it all together. Wash it down with some water, and a small snack fills you right up. With you...well, I figure it'll at least keep the hunger pangs at bay for a little bit."

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Sweetheart glanced up. "Oh, good day," she said flatly. "You look vaguely distressed."
    "Vaguely distressed? You might say that." Quaver replied, as she hammered a tack into the job board with her hoof. "Rather peeved, might also serve as a similarly useful understatement. Especially since I just found out that some featherbrained genius of a removalist decided to leave a piano on my front lawn which I now need to get indoors before the next scheduled rainfall."

"Thankfully, this just adds only one minor extra worry to an otherwise splendid situation I find myself in." She continued, as she hammered another one in hard enough to rattle the board cause a couple of other notices to drift onto the floor.

Sighing, she stooped to retrieve the fallen messages and put them back. Just because she was having a poor day was no excuse for ruining somepony elses.

She paused, realising that her last thought had other immediate applications.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to come across as a bit rough this morning, I'm just having one of those days ... the fact that it's much like every day I've had here so far isn't helping." She said, as she turned away from the board and offered a hoof in greeting to the other mare. "I'm Quaver Rest, I don't think we've met; not surprising given that I'm new to town."

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy was sipping on a canteen he'd filled with orange juice in an attempt to stave off the cravings. "Try nothin', we're seeing that doctor today, and that's that." Sandy replied. He made his way across the wrapper-strewn floor to Silverpine's bedside. "And I think I got something that'll help you get there without leaving such a trail." From his saddlebags, he produced three large masses of what appeared to be some sort of granola and fruit, wrapped in paper. "It's an old trick I learned; Oats, berries, and a good mix of honey to hold it all together. Wash it down with some water, and a small snack fills you right up. With you...well, I figure it'll at least keep the hunger pangs at bay for a little bit."
    Sliverpine nodded. "Of course. We'll be there come hell or high water..." His belly decided that moment to give a loud growl. "...or hunger pangs," he finished with a whimper. "Jeez, this big appetite is getting to me."

His ears perked up when Sandy mentioned the 'snacks' he prepared. "Oh, that sounds good." Sliverpine had to exert every bit of willpower he had not to open the nearest wrapper and gobble down what he perceived to be a delicious and filling snack. "Let me just stow that away for emergencies... can't be wasting them..." Sliverpine said reluctantly, taking the bars and quickly putting them in his saddlebags before he changed his mind. The earth pony shouldered his bags and looked at Sandy.

"Well, we better get going before I get hungry again. I'll clean up later... Oh, I forgot. Maybe we should stop by the Clunker as well. I think Gear would want to come along. It isn't that much of a detour."