New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

and....a comic based on the adventures of fluttermean(discorded fluttershy)

Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    *poit* well...

get your mind out of the gutter and i mean right now!

I'm sorry my Lady, I just couldn't help it with such a perfect set-up line.
    It's missing a word for that joke to work. Also that cake was for an eleven year old child. I hope your feelings adequately match this situation.

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Just for once, it was. xD Honest!

Truuue. xD

Thanks and yay! Am typing up now. ^^
    "Momma, why do I have 387 parents?"

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    It's missing a word for that joke to work. Also that cake was for an eleven year old child. I hope your feelings adequately match this situation.

i wasnt the only one whose mind went down the gutter....

mine just has a shorter trip to get there than most
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Because Applejack left those apples on the tree just a little too long...

For reference
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    How Mask Was Born (Storytime!):

Okay, that took me a LOT longer than I was expecting. I can only hope that I did it some justice.
    Words would spoil the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    Jayden: Hayley Nichole Williams
    Mask: Emileigh Rohn
    Charger: Delta Goodrem

(Admittedly I don't know many voice actors/famous people, mostly just bands and singers)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Please tell me you ACTUALLY said this to him.
    Heck yeah I actually said it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm sad now.

A hundred stars just disappeared from Semper Fidelis. It also dropped from 4.9 to 4.8. Always Sunny was at 5.0 before I posted the second story.

Conclusion: seventy pages and two months of waste. I'd felt that way about a lot of it before, but now it's sort of confirmed in my subconscious. Sigh.
    Hey man, Study in Rainbows dropped to 4.8 too. I'm not particularly cut about that. Stars mean someone took the time to read and respond, not that the story has inherent worth added to it.

Also pretty sure I'm going to be scarce around here from now on. I just don't have the drive to do anything pony besides watch it. Parts of the fandom I used to love are just sorta meh, and there's other stuff I just don't feel like loving and tolerating anymore.

It's been a good run. Keep on truckin', ponythread.
    I'm often quite vocal in talking at folk who decide to leave for what I think are the wrong reasons, but you've got a point. There's a point where immersion in a fandom becomes a different thing from the fandom itself. There's a point where one can lose track and start thinking that these ponies are Serious Business. Happens in every profession, group or organisation ever. Losing perspective. And getting burned by that can leave one especially cold.

Just remember to take the time to work out your priorities and what's important to you. Think stuff through and don't be bound by what you think of yourself, or what you think others think of you. Perception is a trap, really. One of the most amazing things I've heard is about a study done into small children - kids who were told they were 'intelligent' or 'smart' crashed and burned the moment they hit failure, while kids who were told they 'worked hard' or 'tried their best' did so much better. Perception is a trap; if you define yourself as an author who only produces an endless litany of six star pieces and does no wrong, you'll get stuck in that mindset and burned when it stops. If you define yourself as being on the very first step of a very, very long road then you'll look at it differently. Fanfiction, like most else of what we here do on The Internet, is training.

It's going to be sad to see you go, I've been legitimately looking forward to your return. I just hope that wherever you go, you know yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Every employer will be excited to hear that. Especially the part where you work for free.
    Seriously, I write basically for free on the internet all the time already. If someone's going to distribute it more widely while being also a legitimate corporation imagine how much easier it's going to be to get a real job in the writing profession. I couldn't buy that kind of upgrade to my resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Thanqolaroo:

"Now, at the end, feel all of my wrath, all of my love, and all of my hatred!"

*raises one terrible, razor-sharp claw*

*forehead poke*

"You should see the look on your face! Priceless! Ahahahahaha!"
    Mask: *The colour drains from Metal Mask as she's Discord Poked. It's kind of hard to tell at first.

And then the mare straightens up. She stands a little taller. She does away with the permanent low slouch, the constant wary expression, the faint hint of always being prepared to run away. She puffs her chest out. She adopts an expression that's best described as 'Bluebloodesque".*

"Are we done here? I have excellence to be doing. Elsewhere."

MIRACULOUSLY HAMMY!
    COMMENDABLY HAMMY!

Heya Everypony! I've got a 'Feel The Hay Better Derek' pic that I'm working on, and wanted to share the WiP with you guys. This is based in part off a discussion I don't know how many threads ago, where people were discussing all the roles that Inkwell had in relation to Midnight, and apparently one of them, mostly at random, was with her as Midnight's kid... so, enough explanations, here's the WiP

Spoiler
    Show

Kid Inkwell is named Aurora - after the Aurora Borealis. It's the only thing I could think of that is close to a rainbow at night. ^^
    Discord!Mask: "Just remember. I'm the big sister, and you should do what I say."

(Also: Fantastic)
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-09-23 at 07:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mmm... seems pony thread is at it's normal level of sanity.

Time to hoofwrite all the cards for Ponyuno and get ready for Bronycon tomorrow.

And build up strength for the Afterparty. Woooo!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still not entirely convinced it was a 'mistake' on your part...But Trixie really likes being a grandmother (three times at least, apparently. ) so you're probably safe. Probably.

And since when does a pony need only two parents?

Pardon?

and....a comic based on the adventures of fluttermean(discorded fluttershy)

I laughed at the last 'crime'...

Though, I sort of like Rudeshy more than the original :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder how much of a speed boost we will get from tomarrow's episode. The season two premiere made us burn through 10 pages in a few hours IIRC...
    I bet by noon we will have burned through the whole thread.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-09-23 at 07:18 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorceress-for-hire? I have to admit, that actually has an appeal to it...ponies coming to me for help...I'd love to have a career where I could use my magic to help ponies...
    You see, I can only see it ending like this. (You can skip to about 1:00 mark, I'd do it for you, but its been too long since I've done it in the link, and I forget how now.)

Because Applejack left those apples on the tree just a little too long...

For reference
    Reminds me of one of my mother's stories.

Spoiler
    Show

She, my aunt, and a friend of theirs were hanging out at her uncle's farm. They were bored, and saw some apples, and decided to feed some to the cows. The cows then crowed to the fence and were taking them from their hands by the armful. Long story short, the cows got drunk off of the apples and her uncle was pissed (in the American sense of angry), since he had to throw out a couple of days worth of milk because of it.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Jayden: Hayley Nichole Williams
    (fangasm)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A question to everyone with an OC, if you could get anyone, living or dead, from any point in their life to voice your character, who would it be?
    But but but I have 20+ OC ponies. That'll take forever.

But
    Grills and Chocolate Liquor both sound like Kevin Grevioux or Keith David

They has that level of rasp awesome
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

I PRESENT

WHAT LIXIE DID WHEN SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN LISTENING

It's the introductory scene, me/Luna, and has our two fillies. Obviously, shipping, and running on the canon in my head. Hope people enjoy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a dark and stormy night, the herald of dark times to come, and-h…hey! No! Bad! This is meant to be a creepy openiii-

A family of pegasi flew through the sky, shredding the clouds to nothing in their wake, as they wheeled and laughed in the torrential rain, and the thunder that rumbled around them.

Well, I say pegasi, but that’s not strictly accurate. Only two of the four were actually pegasi. One, a mare with a blue coat and a long, vibrantly purple mane, was in fact the shipping queen, the near-goddess known to some as Lixie. But hers is another story, and today, as she flies with her happy family through the skies around Cloudsdale, we shall refer to her by her Equestrian name-Faithful Song.

Imagine a blazing hot day, when this misfit family would likely be found inside. Neither parent was strictly as diurnal as they ought to be, and when one mother is the alicorn princess Luna, sleeping for most of the day begins to seem like the very best of plans. She was happily nuzzled up to her extra-normal marefriend, and their two fillies were nestled adorably between them, dreaming of who knows what.

Remember a day deep in February, when three of the family, still awake at this hour-a dizzying eight-am in the morning-watch the fourth as she timidly sneaks up to a mailpony’s door. They giggle, the parents as immature as the filly, as the fourth family member puts a St Palentine’s Day card into the postbox with a nervous flitter of her overlarge wings, and flees into the bushes with her family. Her name is Venus Hearts, a pegasus filly with a coat of reddy gold, a mane of the soft blue of her princess-mother’s coat, and wings more at home on an alicorn than a pegasus. Annoyed, she gives her relatives a nudge, and then freezes as the bushes rustle, hoping that she didn’t attract the attention of the young unicorn mare she came to visit. Her paranoia only makes her family giggle more, and Venus ends up hiding deep in the foliage.

And once again, we find ourselves deep in the centre of a thunderstorm, as the unicorn filly Starry Storms conjures up a wind to blow her along, while regularly giving a fearful glance to the bunch of balloons wrapped around her.
    But she wasn’t really afraid. Her flight tricks has never failed before, and even if they had, her family would catch her.
    So she let her fears fall to the ground, and she stayed aloft without them.

And so a pair of pegasi, an alicorn, and a unicorn held up by balloons laughed together, and flew though a dark sky. While most ponies dread the storms, and do their best to persuade the weather ponies to put them off at every opportunity, their family never have. They love the feel of the howling wind, the thrill of lightning flashing around, the sound of pealing thunder and the cool touch of rain dripping down their flanks.

This particular storm was scheduled on behalf of the Cloudsdale flight school, the entrance point for pretty much every normal career for a young pegasus-as far as the free life of a pony had such a rigid idea as a ‘career’. Venus Wings was enrolled in the academy, and was cycling pretty much day to day between an ambition as a mailpony or a weather pony. Faith herself occasionally helped out at the flight school, but most of her time was spent in entertainment. She was currently trying to recruit Octavia, Lyra, and the esteemed Vinyl Scratch for what she called ‘the best and most eclecticest band in all Equestria’. Luna, of course, had to spend most of her time in Canterlot, but came back to her family as much as she could. And Star, being the odd one out who needed magic to fly, spent more time in Ponyville, staying with her aunt, or various other friends and relatives. She was quiet and a little shy, and disliked all the attention she seemed to het. She dreamt of a day when all ponies were equal, with the strength, the wings and the magic of the three races.
    And while such disparate lives stretched the family’s bonds like nothing else could, somehow… they made it work.

But I digress. As previously mentioned, it was a dark and stormy night, and as not yet mentioned, it was the latest in a series of them, granting an opportunity to practice for the big race – the Storm Gauntlet!

The Storm Gauntlet was a race organised by Cloudsdale for its students, claiming that it fed into all the arts of the pegasus-manipulating the weather, flying with a package through the worst of it, and simple flat out speed-weather ponies, mailponies, and the few who aspired to the elite fliers of the ‘bolts, who bring the storm behind them wherever they go.

That wasn't a carefully chosen scene ending point.
    Just where I got to. I was making it up as I went along.

So... thoughts?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Zombieriffic!
    Oh yes it is very zombieriffic thank you. Now I just need to figure out what special talent it represents.

15. - Top - End - #1065

So... thoughts?
    I like the characters and a lot of the imagery. It's a bit disjoint, but given how much of my own stuff starts as dreams I'm kinda used to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Oh yes it is very zombieriffic thank you. Now I just need to figure out what special talent it represents.
    On the light side, it could represent a special talent to find and battle the undead.

On the other hoof, it could represent wanting to nom tasty, tasty brains.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly idea I've had and will probably start working on: Essay on how to write in the voice of the mane six. For extra points, each character in question will be doing the talking. (Ostensibly on how to do a proper impression of themselves)

Good idea? Bad Idea? Stupid idea?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damn you DarthBobcat!!!!! total sarcasm

why...why did you do this to me??

i enjoyed having free time!!!

Now i know what has been happening to me....you decide to take a break(we will miss you by the way) so your muse decided to glomp onto my poor unused abused brain instead.

i know this to be true because as i am mopping out the ER what happens....ANOTHER story pops into my brain and starts whining to get out--- i havent even finished rewriting the FIRST ONE yet
    ...plus the 2 PMV ideas
    ...plus having to make eyes and cutie marks for my crochet ponies (lady says i will have Fluttershy next week SQUEEEE)
    ..plus gotta hit the fabric store to find the right shades of yarn for Trixie and fabric for the hat/cloak

..and have to figure out how to post pics up in here so you all can see her when i get her

why oh why me??!?

I told you little one...it is so you can be the best pony you can be

j..just please..dont let the muse try to get me to draw...it would be CMC level of fail
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-23 at 09:19 PM.

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

j..just please..dont let the muse try to get me to draw...it would be CMC level of fail
    So, by attempting to draw, you'd wind up covered in sap and on fire?

Do it! This I wanna see! Hey Midnight, get the popcorn, we got ourselves a show!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    On the light side, it could represent a special talent to find and battle the undead.

On the other hoof, it could represent wanting to nom tasty, tasty brains.
    Hmm well if DnD and nerf have taught me anything its that I am good at dispatching undead.

20. - Top - End - #1070

I PRESENT

It's the introductory scene, me/Luna, and has our two fillies. Obviously, shipping, and running on the canon in my head. Hope people enjoy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a dark and stormy night, the herald of dark times to come, and-h…hey! No! Bad! This is meant to be a creepy openiii-

A family of pegasi flew through the sky, shredding the clouds to nothing in their wake, as they wheeled and laughed in the torrential rain, and the thunder that rumbled around them.

Well, I say pegasi, but that’s not strictly accurate. Only two of the four were actually pegasi. One, a mare with a blue coat and a long, vibrantly purple mane, was in fact the shipping queen, the near-goddess known to some as Lixie. But hers is another story, and today, as she flies with her happy family through the skies around Cloudsdale, we shall refer to her by her Equestrian name-Faithful Song.

Imagine a blazing hot day, when this misfit family would likely be found inside. Neither parent was strictly as diurnal as they ought to be, and when one mother is the alicorn princess Luna, sleeping for most of the day begins to seem like the very best of plans. She was happily nuzzled up to her extra-normal marefriend, and their two fillies were nestled adorably between them, dreaming of who knows what.

Remember a day deep in February, when three of the family, still awake at this hour-a dizzying eight-am in the morning-watch the fourth as she timidly sneaks up to a mailpony’s door. They giggle, the parents as immature as the filly, as the fourth family member puts a St Palentine’s Day card into the postbox with a nervous flitter of her overlarge wings, and flees into the bushes with her family. Her name is Venus Hearts, a pegasus filly with a coat of reddy gold, a mane of the soft blue of her princess-mother’s coat, and wings more at home on an alicorn than a pegasus. Annoyed, she gives her relatives a nudge, and then freezes as the bushes rustle, hoping that she didn’t attract the attention of the young unicorn mare she came to visit. Her paranoia only makes her family giggle more, and Venus ends up hiding deep in the foliage.

And once again, we find ourselves deep in the centre of a thunderstorm, as the unicorn filly Starry Storms conjures up a wind to blow her along, while regularly giving a fearful glance to the bunch of balloons wrapped around her.
    But she wasn’t really afraid. Her flight tricks has never failed before, and even if they had, her family would catch her.

And so a pair of pegasi, an alicorn, and a unicorn held up by balloons laughed together, and flew though a dark sky. While most ponies dread the storms, and do their best to persuade the weather ponies to put them off at every opportunity, their family never have. They love the feel of the howling wind, the thrill of lightning flashing around, the sound of pealing thunder and the cool touch of rain dripping down their flanks.

This particular storm was scheduled on behalf of the Cloudsdale flight school, the entrance point for pretty much every normal career for a young pegasus-as far as the free life of a pony had such a rigid idea as a ‘career’. Venus Wings was enrolled in the academy, and was cycling pretty much day to day between an ambition as a mailpony or a weather pony. Faith herself occasionally helped out at the flight school, but most of her time was spent in entertainment. She was currently trying to recruit Octavia, Lyra, and the esteemed Vinyl Scratch for what she called ‘the best and most eclecticest band in all Equestria’. Luna, of course, had to spend most of her time in Canterlot, but came back to her family as much as she could. And Star, being the odd one out who needed magic to fly, spent more time in Ponyville, staying with her aunt, or various other friends and relatives. She was quiet and a little shy, and disliked all the attention she seemed to het. She dreamt of a day when all ponies were equal, with the strength, the wings and the magic of the three races.
    And while such disparate lives stretched the family’s bonds like nothing else could, somehow… they made it work.

But I digress. As previously mentioned, it was a dark and stormy night, and as not yet mentioned, it was the latest in a series of them, granting an opportunity to practice for the big race – the Storm Gauntlet!

The Storm Gauntlet was a race organised by Cloudsdale for its students, claiming that it fed into all the arts of the pegasus-manipulating the weather, flying with a package through the worst of it, and simple flat out speed-weather ponies, mailponies, and the few who aspired to the elite fliers of the ‘bolts, who bring the storm behind them wherever they go.

So... thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's a nice start! It's very media res, as we don't get the reason why the family is all together like this, where they come from and whatnot, but there's enough there to peak interest. The narrator is a little irrelevant, but I think that's probably for the tone of the story. I think there might be a little bit too much set-up, and not enough interaction between the family members at the moment, but it is only a start, there's no doubt more to come. As Topaz said, it's a little disjointed right now, but the imagery is very good, and I like the lighthearted tone.

So, by attempting to draw, you'd wind up covered in sap and on fire?

Do it! This I wanna see! Hey Midnight, get the popcorn, we got ourselves a show!
    Ooh! I want to see if anypony draws worse than me!

Also, the next excerpt is sitting open and done right now, but I don't want to override Lixie and her bit with another one to distract other ponies.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-09-23 at 09:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

I PRESENT

Thoughts below:

Spoiler
    Show
    I personally think that the commas mess up the flow a bit. The last comma especially, as it disconnects the rain from the thunder as two things that they're wheeling and laughing in. Maybe:

"A family of pegasi flew through the sky; shredding the clouds to nothing in their wake, they wheeled and laughed in the torrential rain and the thunder that rumbled around them."

Her flight tricks has never failed before, and even if they had, her family would catch her.
    "Her flight tricks have never failed before..."

Everything else was fantastic. I thought that the tense shifts made perfect sense in that narration style and that the writing in general was very solid. Are you going to expand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Silly idea I've had and will probably start working on: Essay on how to write in the voice of the mane six. For extra points, each character in question will be doing the talking. (Ostensibly on how to do a proper impression of themselves)

Would there be an aspiring Rich Little pony interviewing them?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Done well, it's a Required Reading idea.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

I still remembered you did this back in Thread... VI? V? You only did three of the mane cast though. Would be sweet to see this completed.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos
    Look, you laugh but I'm still tied up on the floor, guarding myself
    Right. See, I was going to do something about that but then Unfortunate Implications grabbed my arms and Sleep Deprivation shoved my own foot down my throat. Afterwards, Being Behind In The Tread punched me in the gut till I collapsed. And stole my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by also the good captain
    Hang in there sir! You can do it! If you're tired tomorrow, I recommend the Pumpkin Spice. They're pretty good at the 19th and K place.
    My first response was "did he get confused about who said that?", then "did he just give himself encouragement?" and then"Why haven't we done this before now?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lotta cap'n up front, today
    Oh great, now I have to actually do this. Gonna have to carve out some time this weekend. Whyyyy does sleep have to happen? I could get so much done otherwise!
    I did try to warn you, mate. Much easier to write up campaign logs in short bursts, a little every day or two. Especially right after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    I've seen this too, its really pretty awful. I've seen some nasty hate art of Nyx that really pissed me off. I don't exactly know what the deal is with this, I have mixed feelings about the story myself but I don't exactly get why people are so angry.
    That's surprising. It seems there was a lull on the ponies, and so the Internet is fighting back now that it can. The rainbow dagger was not enough! We need something... Stronger.
    Alas, what is stronger than human apathy? Besides human stupidity, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I think the problem is that this thread is basically four or five subthreads that are linked together by the common theme of MLP. You've got the "New episode discussion/future speculation" thread, the "post cool pony related art and links" thread, the "fanfic" thread (which I only tease apart from that second thread because it tends to lead to more serious discussion and critique, which I mean in a totally positive and awesome way) and the "general RP craziness" thread. We all have varying preferences about which parts of the thread we really like. Although I hate to miss links to cool stuff I generally will only read the last page or two if there's been an explosion of activity since I last checked.
    Aye. I've long thought about how to separate them and still have them function. Alas, the RPs couldn't survive outside of this thread; they are a sort of meta-conversation turned into an interactive art-form. We don't have straight RPs. The closest we could get would be to have a dump-thread. Once an RP was started here, at the point we would normally switch to spoilers we could instead quote the other person, and respond in the RP thread, then post a link here as our response.

Convoluted, extra effort for minimal gain, would probably cut our posting speed (here) by approximately one third. Well, not for me though. I throw RP into bogstandard posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperderek, or Midnight... Hard to tell which
    Apparently Future Midnight with her potential foal is a thing now, since that makes two pictures in two (or was that three?) days. I love that idea. Especially when it produces adorable pictures like this one. It might be a work in progress, but it's already amazing, Inkwell. "Aurora" is absolutely adorable, and I really like Midnight's more mature, almost elegant form in this. :3

I guess that means I'm going to have to think of a 'How Aurora Was Born' excerpt now, too...
    Only two? Hm. I don't have a legitimate backstory that would be messed up by temporal issues. Time to dig out the ol' time travel relationship chart!

Nights, Aurora, Mask...

I'm going to end up with a whole plethora of children, aren't I?
    ... Or not. Hm.
    Maybe I could try for distant cousin... Or work that great-great-great uncle angle...

You're gonna wind up living in a shoe. You know it. ^^
    Best nonpony reference EVER! *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Not pictured: the inevitable full-fledged war with swashbuckling, inter-dimensional time travel, and dark magic that erupts 30 seconds later, likely over confusion over what flavor the punch is.
    I said BOYSENBERRY!
    *throws a cup*

Mrow?
    (confused)
    Oh goodness, how to explain? Surprised it needs explaining XD

I'm assuming it would be thus;
    |,||,
    Where the ring finger is tucked in and the other three extended, aye captain?

Where Y=8
    Could somepony explain this? *confused*

Well, you see, I'd been teaching Midnight a few spells above aphrodisiac gases, and I'd made the mistake of holding the lesson in an airtight room, and... well, when we woke up together in one bed it was REALLY awkward. Trixie almost killed me!
    ...fortunately, Aurora dearest is REALLY cute, so I THINK she's forgiven me. I haven't spoken to her since... I should probably risk that.

I hope Aurora doesn't have a canon other parent yet.
    Oddly interesting. Fits the thread canon, if not the story canon (though I think it fits the story canon well).
    This means Midnight has her own fanon! Huzzah!

...he could even be in this very thread. Boy that'd be awkward.
    BUT I ALSO decided to write some stuff while listening. So what did I write?
    Ponies.
    When I've typed them up, who wants to see?
    Ooh! Ooh! Me! squee~

Remember SiuiS wanting to characterise my fillies with Luna?
    I wrote about my fillies with Luna. :3
    More squee~

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Well, at least I still don't use the term "everyopony". I still have some sanity left.
    I am more comfortable saying pony than body. I continue to say stuff like "someone" and "everybody" as a courtesy to my friends who get irate.
    Honestly though, it feels right. Liberating.
    You should give it a shot. You and Amish Pirate

I'm still not entirely convinced it was a 'mistake' on your part...But Trixie really likes being a grandmother (three times at least, apparently. ) so you're probably safe. Probably.

And since when does a pony need only two parents?
    Three? Lessee. We have Mask, and Aurora, and... ?
    Tell please ?

Sorceress-for-hire? I have to admit, that actually has an appeal to it...ponies coming to me for help...I'd love to have a career where I could use my magic to help ponies...
    Sounds like your calling!

Because according to the Old Ways, saying such things as ALL MY LOVE within three days of a Unicorn's conception is taken literally by the fates.

I thought you were one of my papas?

I like to think so too, just not very loudly around momma Song. She likes to shake things up on me. apologies for adopting your voice; only way to make the joke work. Sorrysorry!

I PRESENT

Spoiler
    Show

Remember a day deep in February, when three of the family, still awake at this hour-a dizzying eight-am in the morning-watch the fourth as she timidly sneaks up to a mailpony’s door. They giggle, the parents as immature as the filly, as the fourth family member *puts a St Palentine’s Day card into the postbox with a nervous flitter of her overlarge wings, and flees into the bushes with her family. Her name is Venus Hearts, a pegasus filly with a coat of reddy gold, a mane of the soft blue of her princess-mother’s coat, and wings more at home on an alicorn than a pegasus. Annoyed, she gives her relatives a nudge, and then freezes as the bushes rustle, hoping that she didn’t attract the attention of the young unicorn mare she came to visit. Her paranoia only makes her family giggle more, and Venus ends up hiding deep in the foliage.

This particular storm was scheduled on behalf of the Cloudsdale flight school, the entrance point for pretty much every normal career for a young pegasus-as far as the free life of a pony had such a rigid idea as a ‘career’. *Venus Wings was enrolled in the academy, and was cycling pretty much day to day between an ambition as a mailpony or a weather pony. Faith herself occasionally helped out at the flight school, but most of her time was spent in entertainment. She was currently trying to recruit Octavia, Lyra, and the esteemed Vinyl Scratch for what she called ‘the best and most eclecticest band in all Equestria’. Luna, of course, had to spend most of her time in Canterlot, but came back to her family as much as she could. And Star, being the odd one out who needed magic to fly, spent more time in Ponyville, staying with her aunt, or various other friends and relatives. She was quiet and a little shy, and disliked all the attention she seemed to het. She dreamt of a day when all ponies were equal, with the strength, the wings and the magic of the three races.

So... thoughts?
    ... Most squee~!

I like the writing style. Your punctuation choices are different than I'm used to but that is probably entirely stylistic. All I know for sure about punctuation is "for the love of all, USE SOME!".
    Fun read, fun reference. I shall have to dive back to thread 7 or 8 and get out the reference pictures you made :3
    Unless you care to try to newer, more in-depth pony generator? ;3

Good idea. Go for it friend.

-

Bobcat, it sucks but we understand. I'm gonna miss you, Brother. Go with grace.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-09-23 at 10:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Three? Lessee. We have Mask, and Aurora, and... ?
    Tell please ?
    The third (and actually probably the 'elder' of the three) would be Nightmare, reborn in a new body, so she wouldn't have to be a passenger in Midnight's body, and be able to live her own life.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm going to have to get a really high paying job! Maybe it's time to start asking for a stipend for being a Princess...oh, dear, whatever am I going to do?
    Condom?
    *smack*
    *smack*
    OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!
    FOR BEING AN @&&
    FOR BEING AN @&&

On another note, anypony going to ComicCon in NYC in October?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

I throw RP into bogstandard posts.
    I didn't know Walls O' Quotes counted as bog standard posts.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know if you are aware of this but it must be shared nonethless. http://www.screwattack.com/shows/ori...s-rainbow-dash

Enjoy!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Firbolg in the Playground

I said BOYSENBERRY!
    *throws a cup*
    I see we're at an impasse. *calls in airship strike*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Good idea! I'd certainly give it a read.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.