New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Soulmeld List by Class and Slot

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    so are you saying you lose your fly speed, going back to just having a land speed, while you're not moving? that's a very strange reading of the meld. the meld's still shaped.
    I'm pointing out that if you use your move action to fly into the air, you start falling once you end your move action
    I'm a vestige!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cerefel View Post
    I'm pointing out that if you use your move action to fly into the air, you start falling once you end your move action
    ok, so, I think that's what we're talking about. it's unclear whether airstep sandals saying "you fall" takes precedence for being specific over general, or whether good's maneuverability which allows you to hover being the primary rule on flight maneuverability does.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

The soulmeld pretty clearly states that you can fly for one move action per round, and if you don't end the movement on the ground you fall
    I'm a vestige!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

ok, so, I think that's what we're talking about. it's unclear whether airstep sandals saying "you fall" takes precedence for being specific over general, or whether good's maneuverability which allows you to hover being the primary rule on flight maneuverability does.
    Another way to look at the same issue: if you are 'hovering', are you also 'solidly supported'? I'd say yes, normally, but in D&D, there is some precedent for treating 'solidly supported' as 'supported by a solid', rather than 'supported in a solid manner'.

Another point: if you 'end your flight solidly supported', by hovering at the end of your flight, then you are no longer solidly supported the moment you do end your flight, because you have just ended the thing that allowed you to treat 'hovering' as 'solid support'. That is to say, if 'hovering > solid support' is true, then do you have to end your flight while solidly supported (else you fall), or do you have to end your flight such that you are solidly supported afterwards (else you fall)?

Such fun questions. Let's argue about this till the sun comes up!
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

so are you saying you lose your fly speed, going back to just having a land speed, while you're not moving? that's a very strange reading of the meld. the meld's still shaped.
    At no point did you ever have a fly speed. Airstep Sandals don't give you one. That's not what the soulmeld does.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

As pointed out it doesn't give you a fly speed, it gives you the ability to fly as a move action, which means you cannot, for example, perform the full-round run action, or charge action, and as it goes on to clarify you must end your movement solidly supported it means no hovering. Since it is once per round you can't even double move. Finally as the primary source on what the soulmeld does and the specific rule for the soulmeld it'd take precedent over the general rule for how fly speed works.

Again, though, it's one of those where you ask the DM if the chakra bind gets around it (I lean towards it being underpowered since you also can't charge with it, and 90% of the time the reason you want perfect flight over good is to charge).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

There's zero basis for the bind getting around it. All it does is improve your maneuverability. It doesn't change anything else.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread must be an amazing source of necromantic energy...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Luck Bonuses don't stack

Quote Originally Posted by ShenekyTheLost View Post
    Very true, thanks for the catch. Did not realize this till now.

Please ignore the advice about Lucky Dice. Luck bonuses don't stack.
    So let me get this straight...

An obsolete guide about an obscure mechanic from an obsolete gaming system written, with the last post some three and a half years ago, had an error... and your response is not to actually post on your actual account, but to create a dummy throwaway account (against the forum rules), pretend you are someone else (also against the forum rules), to try and correct it because someone on the internet was WRONG...

My suggestion: invest in Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) so you can build yourself a bridge to get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora