New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quick question: Can anyone tell me in which episode Twilight hugs Pinkie (not group hug)? I'm sure I saw a clip like that recently but now I can't remember where

2. - Top - End - #932
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woo 81% brony. Yay.
    Ok now to go watch cartoons and make sure my suit is clean enough to wear out tonight.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Quick question: Can anyone tell me in which episode Twilight hugs Pinkie (not group hug)? I'm sure I saw a clip like that recently but now I can't remember where
    It was towards the end of Feeling Pinkie Keen, right after they get away from the Hydra.

Here you go.

[EDIT] Here you go again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-10-08 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    It was towards the end of Feeling Pinkie Keen, right after they get away from the Hydra.

Here you go.

[EDIT] Here you go again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooh, thanks ^^ I knew I'd seen it

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Applejack is clearly having trouble in Applebuck season because she's a silly pony. That answer should be worth triple points!
    She definitely needs therapy.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground

And now, a special guest appearance from The Village Hidden In The Everfree Forest:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And not necessarily the one you were thinking of.

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Beeskee: He eeps as he suddenly feels like he's attached to the balloons once more, finding himself floating and letting out a quiet laugh as he realizes what is actually happening. "Woah! Oh hay, cool!" He settles onto the platform carefully, and admires Topaz' hoofwork on the seemingly solid surface and dome. "Very nice! Are you able to use this to move heavier things?" He closes his eyes for a moment and enjoys the sensation of flying.
    Topaz smiles briefly. Oh yes, I can handle six ponies or around a ton of cargo if it's balanced well and I only have to carry it across town. It's my signature magic, not counting my Element. She glances back at the pier. I certainly hope Starry can make some sense of whatever is going on back there. She steers the dome toward the store, looking for a good place to land.

You were asking about the Dreamscape. It's where dreams come from, of course, but more importantly it's the realm that underlies all the realities and even the unrealities; scientific types sometimes call it the Eleventh Dimension. It embodies Possibility in all its aspects, which can make it decidedly tricky to maneuver in.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

7. - Top - End - #937
    Banned

81%, but skewed results. I counted forcing friends into amround-robin rendition of lyrics as making a remix, but said no to making a PMV, despite having one planned and lackin the tech.

Its also kinda bunkum. For example;
    "how important is MLP: FiM to the world?"

The rigt answer is not make it mandatory viewing. Forcing pony on others isn't brony, it's beig an inconsiderate jerk. I refuse to believe I lost four points BECAUSE I took some of the morals to heart.

Any brony quiz Whig penalizes love and tolerance falls short of my mark. I think I will contact them and let them know. May as well, aye?

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    81%, but skewed results. I counted forcing friends into amround-robin rendition of lyrics as making a remix, but said no to making a PMV, despite having one planned and lackin the tech.

Its also kinda bunkum. For example;
    "how important is MLP: FiM to the world?"

The rigt answer is not make it mandatory viewing. Forcing pony on others isn't brony, it's beig an inconsiderate jerk. I refuse to believe I lost four points BECAUSE I took some of the morals to heart.

Any brony quiz Whig penalizes love and tolerance falls short of my mark. I think I will contact them and let them know. May as well, aye?
    I didn't take that to mean that the show should be administered to adults via the Ludovico technique, just that everyone should watch it. Maybe I'm misremembering how the option was phrased, though.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-08 at 06:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #940

I got 78% on the test.
    But never mind that!
    Friendship is Kitties!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Managed to grab a hour or so this late at night, before I have to disconnect it again tomorrow... Quick pony check (and look up where the hay I should be going in Star Ocean, First Departure, since I haven't played on my PSP in anger for nearly two years... Last save game data was 1/1/11 and that was only a quick burst of levelling! (Most of the time, my PSP is in semi-regular use as my MP3 player, most commonly during the holidays.))

It's not just an art thing, though. S curves are feminine, but so are waspish figures. It comes about from all sorts of stuff, so I can't pin anything down for citation.

Spoiler
    Show

The heads are approximately the same size, but the bottom one looks smaller. I don't have the fine motor control to generate 'feminine' exactly, but it illustrates a point. Big eyes indicate feminine innocence, not feminine violence. The eyes should be more pronouncedly slanted but I fail at low-res finger painting.

These two are built on the same chassis, and would have approximately the same mass. The second one looks more feminine because the triangular forms create a sense of tapering, leading to "delicate joints" and "elfin features" so commonly associated by most folks as feminine. *Using the same size, but implied thinness, you can make something look petit when it's not.

It's not entirely art, it's obfuscation. If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's how to fake completion so I can skive off earlier than necessary. Faux depth in poetry, getting stuff across without really doing it, that sort of thing. Unlike Mask, I decided that I was somewhat morally opposed to it so I stopped.

Let's see.
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Dude, if you're asking me for girl advice, you're totally asking the wrong guy!

First thing's first, even some of the greatest artists ever struggled drawing the ladyfolk. You'll be surprised at the amount of critics who would explain Michelangelo's formula for painting women as "Draw man, draw boobs, collect money." So, totally, don't get discouraged.

*snip*

Now, uh, the last thing I'm going to say is probably going to make you want to stab me. Stop examining these really close-up pictures. At 1 cm and 2.5 cm sizes, a whole lot of these suggestions are, flat out, going to be lost in your size reduction. Those eyes are going to be dots, and probably won't even have any topological difference. I know you don't want to be cartoony, but keep in mind that the roots of cartoon are in middle-age fresco painting, used to easily emphasize the strongest, most necessary details to a larger body of work.
    Noted and noted, thank you both. I knew it was a ridiculously hard thing I was trying, but I thought I might at least try and take a shot. I may well admit defeat in the end (at the end of the day, I'm a necromancer with an engineer's mindset, not an sculpter/artist!) But at least I will be able to say I gave it a good try!

With regard to the size, issue Oracle, I'm also well aware of that. (In fact, prior experimentation has said that 0.3mm is about the minimum comfortably visible size - normally I make the details on my models 0.3-0.5mm deep.) So, yeah, I know it'll just be a tiny blob! However, the model will also be scaled up to twice it's size for 25mm scale - and, probably more pertinently, it'll also serve as a template for other models, which will be the "vehicles" and thus quite a chunk bigger. (I find it easier to start from the smallest and work up, because it's easier to modify when you already know the material limits are met.)

AOTRS v/ Human Stupidity

AOTRS + Anything you could come up with < Human Stupidity

I'm sorry Bleakbane, but it's math. Math doesn't lie; you'll have to just wipe out the species at the appropriate time.
    I know, but sometimes I just get the urge to at least try metaphorically stop the tide coming in...

After all, with sufficient magic/technology, you actually can, once you can move/blow-up/halt the moon (well, not your moon, obviously Luna!) That's still beyond my limits, of course. (Well, technically, most starships could destroy a planet with a sustained energy weapon attack that superheats the core over the course of several hours - though our own reliance on coldbeams and missiles means we'd struggle a bit more. But, of course, blowing up whole planets is kinda wasteful - and to be fair, even the Cybertanks, xenophobes they are, don't usually resort to that.)

Utterly unrelated note, Phineas and Ferb the movie was pretty darn good...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-08 at 07:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Drawfriends:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

So I got a plotbunny...
    Basically... make a story about this picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

(Does anyone happen to know the artist of it?)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    So I got a plotbunny...
    Spoiler
    Show

This guy: http://siansaar.deviantart.com/

He also did a comic version of it starting here. Not that that should stop you.

15. - Top - End - #945

Mask: *Noms*

"If it was up to me, I'd hold a grudge. But Mr. Biscuit here is being all chocolate-ey and forgiviness-ey, so I suppose you're off the hook."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Biscuit makes the best arguments for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    "well... even better"

But really, thanks for clarifying this. It's just something I've been wondering ever since Reaching Midnight and the stories left it ambiguous. I can see why you didn't want shake the threesome stick at your readers more than you had to though as it would make some people uncomfortable.

I like the Midnight picture there too. It's always good to see Midnight getting some high quality fanart.
    Yeah, I push the line, but I don't want to pitch myself completely over it, that turns ponies off. (Unless you're into that sort of thing. )

Don't know if this has been linked before, but I just took the How much of a brony are you? test. I got a nice 84% (418/500) "Mega-brony".
    My only problem with things like this is, who are the test makers to decide how bronyish I am?

Oh I'd LOVE to make an actual shipping fractal. Only, I have no idea how
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Stand in between Midnight and Lix?
    Ooh, ohh! Please do! Teacher and I will definitely help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Pony View Post
    Esper Derek: Something just occurred to me. The arcane tome Princess Luna bestowed upon Trixie, leading to so many unpredicted consequences...was the title of it The Joy Of Hex by any chance?

*waits for ponies to start throwing stuff at me*

*throws books at you*

Bad! No biscuit for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I got 78% on the test.
    But never mind that!
    Friendship is Kitties!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I approve of any drawings this artist makes now.

Also, the Midnight picture made drawfriend!

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

Well hello again!

My Little Pony: Budding Friendships progress has slowed down a bit. Definitely so on my part. School came up, but I've still got stuff to do.

Jaguar tells me they need help coming up with a proper dialogue UI and I started figuring out a way to put it all together. The rest of them cobbled together a basic layout which I quite like, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of their relationship meter. This is kind of where I (and you) come in.

Now, I'm usually pretty good when it comes to coming up with tiny little UI things that communicate what's going on pretty well, but I'm having a bit of trouble finishing these up:

Spoiler
    Show

Now, I'm happy with Applejack for sure, Twilight could use a little more work on the first three, but I think it gets the point across. The other four I'm having some trouble with and I could use any input.

There's some serious rule of three going on in most cutie marks, so I kinda like following the pattern I set with AJ. You start off with one something, then two somethings, then three, then one by one they change into actual parts of their cutie mark.

Rarity and Fluttershy shouldn't be particularly hard, but I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly to put there that's appropriate, doesn't look too odd (I've thought about having a caterpillar/cocoon for Fluttershy's first 3, but that's on the weird side) and doesn't confuse people into thinking they suffered some kind of downgrade in their relationship (my first thought for Rarity was for them to start out as basic gemstones like the ones Spike dug up, but for some people that'd look like you were losing progress as you went from rubies to diamonds).

Pinkie Pie is a weird case. It's hard to transition into the balloon trio from something else that's immediately identifiable as Pinkie Pie without the transition being too strange.

Rainbow Dash I don't even really know. I feel like it should start out as the cloud alone, but that's 6 panels of transitioning from a boring old cloud to a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt coming out of it. I suppose I could have Rainbow be a bit unfriendly at the beginning (for some reason or another), have it start out as a thunderstorm type cloud, then go to a rain cloud, then go into a shorter transition from normal cloud to bolt, but that's kinda putting Rainbow in a bad light and I don't really want to do that.

Any ideas at all would be welcome

17. - Top - End - #947
    Banned

Wow, today mus be more aggravating than I thought; I almost input my color as blue.

Kindablue, it just says "How important do you think MLP:FiM is to the world?" and answer four is "it should be mandatory viewing material for everyone."
    I know the SUPERMEGABRONY!!1!1 answer tends to be hyperbolic, but that one struck me as very distinctly wrong on an important level. I don't think my buying MLP stickers last night is as important a thingtk being 'brony' as noticing Generosity was under-represented because the closest they had to Rarity was her cutie mark. Similarly, wanting to share with others is dandy, but being willing to say "it's not your thin and that's cool" should rank higher than not. I honestly thought it was a trick question, aimed at folks who were picking the 'right' answers in order to be 'more' brony. I'm disappointed that it wasn't.

I'm seeing things in a negative light though, as my day has been primarily one of fixin others' problems while being actively derided ratherthan thanked or ignored. I may lighten up in a bit. Who knows? I'm relatively fickle/moody.

-

Topaz, if I were going to read some conversion Beauruewleurueieu stuff (take that word I could spell six months ago!), any you would suggest?

-

POISON JOKE.
    It's a plant that plays a joke.
    Maybe it's not like poison oak at all? Poison oak and the like secrete an oil which causes symptoms. Applebloom went through pretty much the same space of land as the other ponies (who came up right behind her yet mysteriously were in the flowerbed...) and didn't get hit by anything. She also didn't catch anything from her sister, who did everything but make sweet sweet love to the patch of 'joke before picking her up. Seriously, they were rolling in it for a spell there...

Poison joke is a semisentient plant whose flowers function as sensory organs. It is similar to fungi, In that a core colony (the actual poison joke plant) can sprout flowers anywhere within it's reach. It's curse effects are specifically tailored to the pony because it has been observing them. My initial thought was that "poison joke" was a manifestation of Everfree itself, Which gives the plant a much better idea of how to slap some hubris on each pony (since they adventured through it to thwart Nightmare Moon and all). These two ideas aren't mutually exclusive, but having it be a plant creature allows for finding it outside of the forest itself.

Poison joke is in itself an encounter, tailored to it's targets. It iscapablemof picking targets, as well- Applebloom and Zecora had a chance for at least secondary contact but got away Scott-free. It doesn't make sense as just a terrain effect, however.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Have Rarity's start out as rocks.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Have Rarity's start out as rocks.
    I thought about that one too, but for the first three friendship levels, you wouldn't feel very good.

"Man, I've been giving Rarity all these gemstones and all I get is a ROCK?!"

It'd be a little discouraging until you got to the 4th level, at which point you'd get your first diamond and probably figure it out.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    I thought about that one too, but for the first three friendship levels, you wouldn't feel very good.

It'd be a little discouraging until you got to the 4th level, at which point you'd get your first diamond and probably figure it out.
    Well, it'd be a game mostly for bronies, so they'd probably get the reference.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Banned

Well hello again!

My Little Pony: Budding Friendships progress has slowed down a bit. Definitely so on my part. School came up, but I've still got stuff to do.

Jaguar tells me they need help coming up with a proper dialogue UI and I started figuring out a way to put it all together. The rest of them cobbled together a basic layout which I quite like, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of their relationship meter. This is kind of where I (and you) come in.

Now, I'm usually pretty good when it comes to coming up with tiny little UI things that communicate what's going on pretty well, but I'm having a bit of trouble finishing these up:

Spoiler
    Show

Now, I'm happy with Applejack for sure, Twilight could use a little more work on the first three, but I think it gets the point across. The other four I'm having some trouble with and I could use any input.

There's some serious rule of three going on in most cutie marks, so I kinda like following the pattern I set with AJ. You start off with one something, then two somethings, then three, then one by one they change into actual parts of their cutie mark.

Rarity and Fluttershy shouldn't be particularly hard, but I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly to put there that's appropriate, doesn't look too odd (I've thought about having a caterpillar/cocoon for Fluttershy's first 3, but that's on the weird side) and doesn't confuse people into thinking they suffered some kind of downgrade in their relationship (my first thought for Rarity was for them to start out as basic gemstones like the ones Spike dug up, but for some people that'd look like you were losing progress as you went from rubies to diamonds).

Pinkie Pie is a weird case. It's hard to transition into the balloon trio from something else that's immediately identifiable as Pinkie Pie without the transition being too strange.

Rainbow Dash I don't even really know. I feel like it should start out as the cloud alone, but that's 6 panels of transitioning from a boring old cloud to a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt coming out of it. I suppose I could have Rainbow be a bit unfriendly at the beginning (for some reason or another), have it start out as a thunderstorm type cloud, then go to a rain cloud, then go into a shorter transition from normal cloud to bolt, but that's kinda putting Rainbow in a bad light and I don't really want to do that.

Any ideas at all would be welcome

How detailed is the transition?
    With Rarity, you can start with a cracked rock; when you earn three cracks, it splits open to reveal 1 gem, and then progress up to three. Don't know how effective that would be though.

I'd suggest considering either a 'blank' first rank or a 'gold' final rank. Applejack's 5th is 3 apples; her 6th is three apples lit from behind with a golden glow.

Rainbow I was going to suggest grey cloud, 2 lighter clouds, 3 white clouds, combine into 1 cloud with a yellow bolt, then one with a red/yellow bolt, then a full-sized cutiemark.

Twilight has 5 tiny motes around her mark, right? Level 1 has no motes, each level up adds another mote to your existing design.

Pinkie Pie could likewise be rocks, which transition into balloons, but that's clunky. Gain balloons, of a random color, up to level three? Then as you achieve levels 4 through 6, oneof each balloon gets bigger and develops- wait for it- STREAMERS!

Fluttershy... I guess happy caterpillars 1-3 that become happy butterflies 1-3. If anypony could make it work, it would be her. Especially if you give her a dialogue of caterpillars to butterflies metaphor stuff.

-

Dungeons (in the place you were banished to) & Dragons; would classes be necessary? If they are, I suppose level 1 is "pony" and you have to multiclass into a standard? I suppose it would require me to have a better idea of what I'd be going for though, wouldn't it? Hm.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, today mus be more aggravating than I thought; I almost input my color as blue.
    Truly the worst color of them all.

Kindablue, it just says "How important do you think MLP:FiM is to the world?" and answer four is "it should be mandatory viewing material for everyone."
    I know the SUPERMEGABRONY!!1!1 answer tends to be hyperbolic, but that one struck me as very distinctly wrong on an important level. I don't think my buying MLP stickers last night is as important a thingtk being 'brony' as noticing Generosity was under-represented because the closest they had to Rarity was her cutie mark. Similarly, wanting to share with others is dandy, but being willing to say "it's not your thin and that's cool" should rank higher than not. I honestly thought it was a trick question, aimed at folks who were picking the 'right' answers in order to be 'more' brony. I'm disappointed that it wasn't.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Got around a 75, I think. I hesitate to announce here that I picked "it's just a cartoon" for that one.

I'm seeing things in a negative light though, as my day has been primarily one of fixin others' problems while being actively derided ratherthan thanked or ignored. I may lighten up in a bit. Who knows? I'm relatively fickle/moody.
    That sucks. Hope it turns around for you soon.

Beauruewleurueieu stuff
    "Bureaucratic Underlings Rarely Ever Appreciate the Unorthodox".

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know if this has been linked before, but I just took the How much of a brony are you? test. I got a nice 84% (418/500) "Mega-brony".

I got 53/100. I'm more bronyish than I thought.

I honestly thought it'd be more like 30% or 20%.....

and who is the heck is this Bon-Bon and Lyra people?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #954

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. i If I say it enough times I'll actually believe it. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin...
    I don't believe you. Not one bit. At all. Ever. However if we do go by your whitetext definition, my friend gave me one today.

Seriously. You and everyone else who is doing this with the ponymotes, stop. You click on the ponymote, it'll grey the screen and bring the picture up in the middle of the screen, then you right click *that* and click copy image location. Doing it off the grid results in this huge, hideous pixellated mess.
    I'm seriously sorry. Imgur changed UIs on me and I was stuck on Internet Explorer at the time, so I couldn't "open in new tab" the pictures. Didn't notice the zoom sign either. Don't worry, it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Have you ever seen a Herschell Gordon Lewis film? Well, I don't recommend it, honestly, but I also don't have a better reference point and Halloween is coming up soon, so try to check one out before the next sentence. Okay, it's basically that, fake ketchup blood and all, with horses. It's much more surreal than it's intended to be, I think, and not nearly as disturbing as it's given credit for.

I am extremely bad with horror films. Hell, I watched half of Marble Hornets and I couldn't sleep for a week.

I WILL WEAR YOUR PANTS LIKE A HAT

That threat didn't work out quite right, but I can't quite put my finger on why.
    I may or may not have been infected by Lix, because somehow that sounds Kinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I don't see why you can't click on the imgur image?

Damn, you need to click on the zoom button on the top right corner to get the transparent .png images now.

But yes, those pixellated mess are ugly and I will pull The Lever on anyone who do that.

Yeeeeeeah. XD. Now that I see it it won't be an issue again.

Heh

It lacks most of the characteristics of a true fractal. But it does look a bit like one. It was coded in Python using Pygraph and Graphviz. Not really all that complicated, although it took a while to compute. The 99 images were inserted manually, though.
    Still, that is insane. SO MUCH SHIPPING. Offering to the shipping gods much?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    That...that just seems painful sounding to me.
    He honestly didn't seem fazed by it. Then again, he probably does it every show.

Please go ahead! Recreate away! If you do follow that path, though, please do keep me updated on how it all turns out, my curiosity demands it!
    Awesome! Thanks! Although the player playing Trixie is a changeling, so in this continuity Trixie may be the father.

Was all work. Add another fourish hours on for commute, and you get about 16 hours, which sounds about right.
    Jeez! Still, at least it was fun and worth it.

Big Mac and Braeburn have all of the fillies.
    All of them.
    And each other.
    You know, Big Mac / Caramel is my favorite ship involving either of them. So I have 4 F/F OTPs, and a M/M OTP. Apparently I am incapable of straight ponies.

...me too.
    Phoe, you need to post here more often again!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    HNNGGHHH! Urge. To. Pull. Lever. Rising.

*pulls lever*

Release the magma! Muahahahaha!

Clearly, you've gone insane. Again. Moreso than usual. Quite a remarkable feat.
    Lyra? Go back to stalking Twilight. You're better at it than the Villain schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    How did the hipster burn his mouth?

Spoiler
    Show
    He ate his pizza before it was cool
    That is an absolutely terrible pun and I love it.

Stand in between Midnight and Lix?
    Hurrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Aww. What if everyone has a funny saying though? That can only be revealed by poking their cutie marks?
    Does a hoof to the back of the head count as a funny saying?

I think they hugged solo at the end of Episode 2.

So I got a plotbunny...
    Spoiler
    Show

I would say as an alternate ending to Season 2 Episode 2, Discord pulls the elements of Discord from the elements of Harmony as a last ditch effort to spread chaos around the world; throwing equestria into war as the elements of Discord slowly amass an army of chaos.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

Oh no. No. Why did you...Do you have any idea what you may have just unleashed?!? Run while you still can.

Actual answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're just background ponies. They were seen together a lot in early episodes and Lyra was caught sitting in an especially awkward position, although I forget the episode now. They have a fun color scheme, Phoe (of these boards and Equestria Daily) has a love affair with Lyra, and the fandom has somehow accepted them as a lesbian couple, even though I don't see how anyone could put up with Bon-Bon's voice as heard in ep. 12.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2011-10-08 at 09:02 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well, this is Lyra:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've never heard of Bon-Bon, though.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork RP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Get out of town! So you're mechanical and self aware?! That's so awesome." Wide eyed, Igneous was regarding Second Hand as if seeing him for the first time. "Its a pity about the wind up thing, it sounds like a bit of a headache. Although, it does kind of remind me of a friend of mine, except for him its coffee instead of a turning-key."

"Speaking of which, how often do you need to rewind anyway? And where do you put the key ... ew, actually, nevermind that question. More importantly, have you ever tried coffee before?"
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A strange look passes over the pegasus' face for a moment. "Oh, uh, that was more a metaphor really...Dad was clever enough to build me so that I wouldn't need winding up!"

After a moment, Second Hand broke the silence that had descended over the little group. "Well, now that I've shared, it's somepony else's turn; it's only fair that you two tell me a bit more about yourselves."

Yay ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Cutest ship evar!

This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

How detailed is the transition?
    Just six panels. Not super thorough, but long enough to get the idea across.

With Rarity, you can start with a cracked rock; when you earn three cracks, it splits open to reveal 1 gem, and then progress up to three. Don't know how effective that would be though.
    I'm not really sold on rocks. I know the big Rarity joke is "A ROCK?!" but still. It could start out as a rock for the first level, but it shouldn't be a rock for very long.

Rainbow I was going to suggest grey cloud, 2 lighter clouds, 3 white clouds, combine into 1 cloud with a yellow bolt, then one with a red/yellow bolt, then a full-sized cutiemark.
    I'm still not entirely sure what to do with Rainbow, but you did trigger a train of thought for 3 of the 5 panels I need to cover. White cloud, then two white clouds, then cloud with rainbow between them. Maybe throw in a rain cloud at first (I can imagine Rainbow being a little harsh on Sunny to begin with), leaving one spot between the rainbow and the rainbow bolt.

Twilight has 5 tiny motes around her mark, right? Level 1 has no motes, each level up adds another mote to your existing design.
    That doesn't feel like a lot of progress though. The difference between the 4th level (3 motes) and the 5th and 6th levels (4 and 5 motes) wouldn't be particularly big and those of us who can't quite remember the little details like that might miss the transitions between them.

Pinkie Pie could likewise be rocks, which transition into balloons, but that's clunky. Gain balloons, of a random color, up to level three? Then as you achieve levels 4 through 6, oneof each balloon gets bigger and develops- wait for it- STREAMERS!
    You did give me a funny idea with this one. Start off with Rocky then add Madame LeFlour and Sir Lints-a-lot (with Party Hats), then have them one by one turn into balloons.

Like I said funny, but probably not a good idea.

EDIT: Hold on! An idea appears! We start with 1 balloon for level 1, level 2 is 1 balloon with some streamers and maybe a horn, level 3 is 2 balloons, no streamers. So essentially, every other level a 'party' is thrown and another balloon appears next level.

Fluttershy... I guess happy caterpillars 1-3 that become happy butterflies 1-3. If anypony could make it work, it would be her. Especially if you give her a dialogue of caterpillars to butterflies metaphor stuff.
    I'll probably go with caterpillars like you said. Assuming I can pull off 'cute caterpillars' correctly.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2011-10-08 at 09:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not really sold on rocks. I know the big Rarity joke is "A ROCK?!" but still. It could start out as a rock for the first level, but it shouldn't be a rock for very long.
    There's also Tom.

You could have the rock break into pieces, one piece each level, then have each piece turn into a gem.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Oh no. No. Why did you...Do you have any idea what you may have just unleashed?!? Run while you still can.

Actual answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're just background ponies. They were seen together a lot in early episodes and Lyra was caught sitting in an especially awkward position, although I forget the episode now. They have a fun color scheme, Phoe (of these boards and Equestria Daily) has a love affair with Lyra, and the fandom has somehow accepted them as a lesbian couple, even though I don't see how anyone could put up with Bon-Bon's voice as heard in ep. 12.
    Somepony called for Seapony Lyra?