New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Twi]Chronicles of the Impaler: Crisis of Infinite Draculas OOC

Sweet.

Awkward Off! Get your front row seats to the Awkward Off!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry about that, it might be over-stepping my bounds, but an important part of Souske's character is he's untouchable. besides, if he can't have guns there is no point in playing him.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

I get that. And I understand, from your character summary that Souske is good. Very good.

Cass, though...she's top five in terms of martial arts in the DCU, minimum. She's been shown to dodge bullets at less than five feet from four guns...pretty early in her career as Batgirl, and she's only gotten better with experience (Deathstroke's brain-washing aside).
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, Krausk I'm cool with you having the guns I just wanted to make it clear that Tommy knows about the weapons and disapproves but Sauske is no where near Cass in physical combat. He could possibly outwit her strategically given a chance to plan ahead but in an outright fight he's only got regular military grade training while she has super level martial arts.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, sure. I get that she's better, that's why I let her take him out in Dodgeball. He's got a similar enough backstory to be about as close as it is to be Cass but being taken in the opposite direction (which I kinda hoped you'd capitalize on, but there is still yo,r), but he was trained for a different purpose. He can't compete with her in martial arts, but then again, Souske can be taken out by thirty or so enraged students (admittedly he's holding back to make sure Kaname isn't hurt and the whole thing is played for comedy, but that's beside the point), so a few other characters could probably deal with him as well rather handily.

But Souske's real power isn't his abilities in close combat. Because he's a soldier intended for the battlefield, his fists aren't what he's going to rely on most of the time. Sure, he can fight, and fight extremely well, but he's way better at armed combat then anybody here. How good?

He can casually trace the outline of three thugs with an uzi without so much as grazing them in seconds, or flawlessly hit a target the size of a football, after only seeing it for an instant before being blindfolded, spun in circles and hen moving sixty feet.

And he'll use that. His idea of a fair fight is toss a grenade (with the pin still in if it's a no weapons fight) at someone, and while they struggle to catch it punch them in the crotch until they stop twitching, or simply gas them then rinse and repeat. He's probably a better shot the Deadshot, at the very least, if not a match for Bullseye.

And he's the perfect soldier. He can stand perfectly still for six hours in cover waiting for his target (a girl who gave him a love letter that he mistook for a death threat). He can improvise explosives at a moment's notice sufficient to destroy a school block (he'll evacuate it first, most of the time). He can go three days without sleep waiting, and buy weapons he really shouldn't have any business getting access to over the Black Market then take them to school, and so on.

Yes, she can beat him in fisticuffs, and she can dodge bullets she knows are coming. But he can improvise, and he doesn't fight anything approaching fair, as that dodgeball game really should have clued her in.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2011-12-06 at 04:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

One of my problems with the series was that I felt Shirou never did anything to earn him the right to be a heroic spirit. Fortunately, this game fixes that nicely. In the future, there will be a war between Kira and Zero. And Shirou will be a legendary figure within that war. Later, he'll be a figure of legend, a modern heroic figure, the same way Hercules once was.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I exploited a Glitch in Caine.

The Feedback Will Continue For As Long as either Caine or Belmont is Still Alive...or Until Something Breaks them Apart.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-06 at 11:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    One of my problems with the series was that I felt Shirou never did anything to earn him the right to be a heroic spirit.
    Well you don't technically need fame to become a Counter Guardian, but given that Joan of Arc was one you'll probably end up famous anyway.

Btw, if you want insanity: in various media Joan of Arc has made contracts as a Counter Guardian, a Puella Magi and a Keykeeper (at the least). Put these in the same continuity.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-06 at 11:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Look, I'm sure that there is a coherent explanation of what just happened in your reply there, but I can't even begin sorting through the unnecessary capitalizations, adjectives, and other questionable aspects of communication to find it. I have no idea why, I start reading it and my brain just trails off. Could you summaries, please? (No offense intended, I'm just a little lost).
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-07 at 12:05 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah. Sorry about that.

I'll fix that tommorow morning. Right now, I'm a tad tired.

Bad Writing. Happens to everyone.

It's when you can't take some constructive criticism that things get sinister...

Edit: Decided to do it now: I hope its more clear and less...Turgid.

The Mark of Cain is divinely granted: thus the only things standing in the way of the infinite acceleration exploit (which I really wanted to try on Caine, so thank you, Cracklord): are how long Belmont and or Caine stay alive.

Caine...he'll probably last longer than Belmont, who the moment he runs out of Essence, will probably insta-gib. What happens to Caine at that point is your call.

He might call upon some Abyssal Charm (And We've been pulling them out of our sleeves like candy) to brake his velocity.

He might slam into a mountain (Always entertaining).

He might soar forth into Space, and Have Adventures Amongst the Cosmos.

He might soar right out of this Pocket Dimension's Reality...and land deep within the Wyld.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-07 at 12:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341

Just so you know the chess player is none other than...

Spoiler
    Show

Pixar's Chess player Geri.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-12-07 at 12:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Colesign View Post
    He might soar right out of this Pocket Dimension's Reality...and land deep within the Wyld.
    I'll post this soonish.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Well you don't technically need fame to become a Counter Guardian, but given that Joan of Arc was one you'll probably end up famous anyway.

Btw, if you want insanity: in various media Joan of Arc has made contracts as a Counter Guardian, a Puella Magi and a Keykeeper (at the least). Put these in the same continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Type Moon Wiki
    Heroic Spirits are beings that accomplished great achievements such as saving the world and, after their death, became the object of worship and lore. As a result, they are placed outside the cycle of transmigration of the soul and ascend to an existence closer to Divine Spirits in order to become a power that protects humanity.
    Sure, you don't technically NEED to have done that, but in Fate/Stay Night there is no reference at all to him being one (can't say about the other routs), and besides, a character of Archer's caliber deserves better then 'got in on a technicality'. And anyway, there is quite clearly going to be a future choke full of opportunities for Shirou to become one, if this school is anything to go by. We have the perfect setting, and archetypes abound, the very air thrums with mythic tension. Why settle for a hand-wave when I can justify the real thing?

Of course, Archer is trying to prevent his glorious destiny from coming to pass. Hence hunting down the subjects who began all this, and trying to kill them, since killing Shirou probably won't work. Unfortunately, they are all under protection, he won't make much headway, and shortly he'll realize he's just done exactly the same thing that Archer did in his lifetime. He will then start second guessing himself, and so on.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-12-07 at 05:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

Zim isn't as much fun as I'd hoped. Can I swap him for a blatantly evil teacher?

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

Mmmm.

To be fair, Karusk, Grandpa Smedry hasn't been responding to Zim's antic quite as much as he should have been: Lelouch has a way of diverting people's attentions and the like...

Is there anything you'd want to pull off with Zim that I could help with?

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

It's not Zim that's funny, it's the world he lives in. Hence Zim by himself is not amusing or fun. To be fun, everyone else has to be as incompetent as he is.
    For much the same reason that Smedry would not be fun if the evil librarians didn't exist and he really was just a delusional old man. Sure, he'd be fun for a while, but it would get old really fast.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2011-12-08 at 01:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347

If you want to switch Zim it's still early so that shouldn't be a problem. Who is the teacher you have in mind?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

I was thinking Brother Blood (if I may steal an idea), just because actually teaching evil as a subject would be absolutely hilarious.

Brother Blood clears his throat, and gives the assembled students a kind, fatherly smile that suited his features. If not for the cold eyes, you could almost find yourself warming to this man. "Every scientist dreams of a world without ethics. Every day, ethics barely prevent experiments from being carried out with the potential to alter the way we look at the world and live our lives."

He leans forward. "But what if we didn't have these ethics? When Nazi doctors were given free reign during WWII, the incredible rate of their discoveries were matched only by the inadequacy of words to atone for them. Without them, we never would have discovered many things we now base our entire understanding of the world on."

"Is it wrong to ask questions, even when the answers may threaten certain ways of thinking? Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your family? Is it right to spend a lifetime denying yourself because you have certain inbuilt urges? Is it right to blindly obey a contract you never signed? In my class, we shall be exploring the fictional construct known as 'society' and it's constraining influences on those trapped within it."

19. - Top - End - #349

As hilarious and awesome as that is, perhaps someone less likely to drop dead of a heart attack one minute after meeting Light.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake then. Sorry, really want to play a Teen Titans character.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

That's going to be interesting: Robins, Ex-Robins, and Ex-Batgirls.

...I smell love triangle!
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-12-08 at 01:44 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

So after today, with the whole intruder nonsense, Batman assumes that it's somehow your fault, and sends Tim Drake to go look after you while he tortures **** Grayson by making him eat bugs and traumatizing little children with his self-introductions.
    And so Tim leaves Jump City and he's far less dysfunctional team to come and look after you lot.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

More seriously, this world would actually be closer to the 'Batman, Holy Terror' framework, rather then the 'All-Star batman'. Just replace Great Britain with the Brittanian Empire and dole-up the outfits a bit and you have a pretty good match. How Cassie and Stephie fit in exactly is anyone's guess (though they'd probably be a lot healthier), but it still fits better in terms of Batman being an urban legend rather then accepted figure who Bella has never been exposed to, the lack of anything resembling a Justice League, and of course the fact that America has been conquered by a hostile power.

Actually, that has some pretty chilling implications, once you consider Cassie and Sagara, then you consider all the people who really seem too young to be pilots and soldiers in Code Geas.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if we are going for a setting, then that's a good place to start. From a strictly multiversal perspective, this is a subworld of the Urban Fantasy Prime plane (i.e, the world from the 52 that expresses pure and every urban fantasy), that linked with the superhero one after all the catastrophic damage it suffered thanks to the Twipires, explaining why superheroes are suddenly appearing (Isn't that nice?).
    But aside from that, there is a lot we can deduce. Shinigami aren't aspects of Death, they are psychopomps. Just like angels aren't aspects of the supreme being, they just work for him. Of course, that's not really important right now, just interesting.
    First up, the Librarian conspiracy is probably only the tip of the iceberg, in that what they are actually hiding is the existence of magus's. In Fate/Stay Night, the law for them is effectively 'do whatever you want, don't get caught', and if we add in the factions from Negima (where is Shoveler, by the way?) we get something very like the Librarian conspiracy anyway, if admittedly with considerable more clout.
    However, instead of being a big, purposeless, cumbersome organization, like it is in both of those settings, it exists to serve some dark purpose. Furthermore, we have the Brittanian Empire rounding up and putting people who could be assets to their work to a better use within the system. Hence C.C at the start of the manga. And as Draxx noted, perhaps their child-soldier programs are to the same purpose. I suppose we'll have to find out.
    For added zest, the Smedry's are all untrained magus's with unrefined talents.

And for the record, Darkblade, nobody plays chess like Lelouch. So rule of cool.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-08 at 05:10 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    However, instead of being a big, purposeless, cumbersome organization, like it is in both of those settings, it exists to serve some dark purpose. Furthermore, we have the Brittanian Empire rounding up and putting people who could be assets to their work to a better use within the system.
    The goal of all magi is to be the first person to reach "The Root". This is essentially what Charles vi Britannia wants too, except for him it's a means to an end.

For added zest, the Smedry's are all untrained magus's with unrefined talents.
    The term is spellcaster.

If we want to further meld things it's possible for magi to figure out a person's Origin through examination, which presumably determines what kind of Geass they get. (Lelouch's would be "Rulership" and C.C.'s "Love"?) Oh, and Geass would be considered a type of Mystic Eyes.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-08 at 06:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

If we're fitting the Smedry Talents into Nasuverse Magecraft, then what about Occulator Abilities and channeling certain powers through Lenses smelted from strange varieties of sand?

For that matter, what about the Continents hidden in the middle of the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean that Comprise the Free Kingdoms? How to they fit into this setting's history?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

Lets ignore the extra continents. I think that one story saying that they are loses to at least a dozen saying that there are not, and we try not to give any work too much canon above the others.

As for the lenses, then they are just focii that channel your magic into other uses rather then your primary talent.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

I do feel strongly for including the Free Kingdoms...mainly because having an entire set of hidden continents that the Librarians have suppressed all knowledge of is an integral part of the whole Setting that Smedry comes from.

...Perhaps the continents of Nahalla and Mokia are like Avalon/the Bermuda Triangle: not easy to find, but sort of within pocket dimensions.

Power-wise, they're not much of a bonus, due to being constantly under siege: at most, Smedry can probably call for aid from his Family.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-09 at 02:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Or don't make them separate continents. What's wrong with Lovecraft county style towns across America and Europe that are secretly havens for those who know of the conspiracy, where the weapons are discreetly mined? Sure, it's less glamorous, but it actually makes a lot more sense for someone fighting an underground war.
    Let's face it, the idea that you could hide entire continents is mildly amusing, but relies on every one of our characters and every single NPC not in the know having an IQ slightly bellow a retarded earthworm. By the same token the idea that they could be losing if they were capable of actually creating and maintaining pocket dimensions... well, you get my point. Traveling to other planes is fairly easy in these games, but creating them is a whole 'nother story, let alone protecting them and keeping them together.
    So make a thematic change. Make the battle a bit more guerrilla, shift the focus a bit, and you've hardly changed anything important about the character.

Think of it this way. The more ridiculous elements are out of place in a world where most people are competent. For the same reason Zim is not fun in a world that isn't competent, competent characters are not fun in a world where failure is literally the only option.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-09 at 02:35 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Colesign View Post
    If we're fitting the Smedry Talents into Nasuverse Magecraft, then what about Occulator Abilities and channeling certain powers through Lenses smelted from strange varieties of sand?
    Conveniently, Magecraft is highly varied, with individual families/factions guarding their techniques jealously. The Tohsakas are the only ones who can use Jewel Magic for instance. The Mage's Association has three main factions, and they mostly cover only Western magi.

EDIT: I tried leading with my king once. Confused the hell out of the other guy and won me the game.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-09 at 09:32 PM.