New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1390
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

Dena giggles, "It's only for pretense, we made a bet and lost so I can have him for a slave for one day. I'm pretty sure he got some erotic fantasy about being my slave but I'm not going to indulge into that. Need to pick the perfect time to cause the most misery you know?" She grins, slowly looking in the direction Libby seems to be glancing at.
    Some other person? Probably another one of Kirk's lovers, they were everywhere.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Thank goodness that Dena starts looking elsewhere, because Libby appears to be blushing furiously about...thoughts.
    Her poor innocent mind has no really dwelled on such thoughts in this context!
    Especially when there may or may not be fledgling amounts of alcohol swilling around in her brain!

"Um..."
    Something to say...something to say that isn't awkward...
    Something to say that isn't awkward and involvingenslavingMaggyforquestionablepurposesohhe avensstopthinkingaboutthisLibby!
    "That's..."
    She's got nothing.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

3. - Top - End - #1113

[Beachside]

"Anyway..." The drow says as she looks back at an increasingly flustered Libby. "Eh, you okay sister?" She peers curiously at death goddess. Now what was she so embarrassed about?

Dena smiles mysteriously and continues in a lower voice, "Don't be afraid to tell me, I won't reveal it to anyone."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-17 at 06:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

This is an entirely awkward situation that goes a bit past little (unintentional!) cruelties that Libby has imparted onto Magtok.
    And yet she is curious.
    This is a bad thought place.

"How...do these sorts of things come up?"
    Who just spontaneously starts babbling about erotic fantasies?
    "Are these common?"
    A certain reaper may be ignorant in these areas.
    And should really stay that way.
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #1115

[Beachside]

Dena looks amused at Libby, "Don't mind me, I'm just weird. Pretty sure I got screwed up at some point. I don't mind though, it's pretty fun being weird. Beats being normal at least as far as I can tell." The drow starts to brush off some of the sand which ended up covering her leg's as she ran before continuing. "As for your question, it depends on your company. When you're with Kirk it's a fairly common subject and I think it's that kind of people I surround myself with. So what about you? You a normy? Or are you weird like me?" She gives the death goddess another curious look.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Dena has done quite the personality flop, now that she isn't so uptight anymore.
    Libby is rather pleased with this.

Or rather, she would be, if she wasn't still trying to quell the peculiar thoughts swirling around in her head.
    Here's a solution: forget about that and focus on the question the lady just asked.
    Something about being normal versus...whatever she is. Weird, she may have said.
    The reaper is fairly certain that she qualifies as not-really normal, but maybe she isn't the best judge. Maggy finds her kind of odd...
    "Don't think I've ever been called 'normal' before...so I guess that makes me weird?
    That could always be worse."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1117

[Beachside]

"Heh, welcome to the club then. I think everyone I know is weird in some way or another. So, one weird person to another, can I ask you a personal question?" Dena asks.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beachside]

Oh! Look! A fellow reveler approaches in hopes of merrymaking and celebration and... Hellooo there! This curious by no measure an insipid dame at first glance!

Clarissa takes a moment to behold the features of Tina, hushed as she is by Tina's mien. Clarissa realizes that there's an elegant cacophony of man and machine behind Tina's appearance. Clarissa sees it as though her body were an orchestra composed of harmonizing instruments, horrisonous ones if not assiduously balanced. She's exotic. Unique. And a pretty flavor of unique to be sure!

The fact that Tina's looks alone can stay Clarissa's tongue speaks to how much sway she currently holds over Clarissa. She's piqued Clarissa's curiosity. Clarissa's has never before seen someone who chose to replace the glory that nature imparts upon the flesh with shiny, inert coinage metals!

This is a new experience! It is exhilarating!

But Clarissa cannot help but be a little discombobulated by this sight. There aren't many things the timeless divinity hasn't observed in her time.

The lithe AMENite manages to literally shake off her shock after a relatively brief delay. A cordial, courteous demeanor descends on her as she respectfully nods to the subject she has taken particular interest in watching and evaluating.

With a cheerful, borderline flirty lilt, Clarissa begins to (finally) vocally respond to Tina.

"Hail! I'm Clarissa. Nice to meet you!"

Clarissa then turns her oddly benevolent view to rest on her victim of the day who just so happens to be...

Magtok!

Ah! It looks as though her conniving backup boss is in quite the spot here. Maybe she should help him...

Oh. Right. The hands that shape reality have afforded her the opportunity of setting her boss adrift at sea for an indefinite period of time. If she passes up her chance at sending Maggy to an uncharted desert isle by air mail now, she'll likely never get a second chance to try it out. As long as she doesn't hurt him and she can ensure he makes it back to shore safe and secure before hypothermia or puke-inducing raisin-toes set in, she's going for it! And I'm afraid that by no number of nuanced platitudes or nifty Magtokian quips could Maggy weasel his way out of this one even prior to Clarissa's intervention!

Plus, she gets a shot at dunking Maggy's garish robes in the ocean, which might cause him to change into an ensemble she finds more fashionable. Perhaps one that Libby could, incidentally, openly gawk at?

Clashing aspects of death don't necessarily have to battle it out all of the time!

"You mean old chrome dome over there?"

Clarissa nonchalantly waves at Maggy as though she weren't about to agree to try to lob him a distance that would rival the Nexus's own record for the Olympian's own shotput chucking event!

"Depending on wind speeds and the like, I'd judge that I could propel him clear over the horizon. I could probably get him further out without hurting him, factoring his chrome dome into the equation, but if I did successfully perform such an act, we'd need to figure out a way for him to get back before the sharks get to him."

"We don't want to be responsible for any of them breaking their teeth on his metal parts, after all."

Clarissa is presumably joking about that last part.

Presumably.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-05-20 at 12:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk's sure he recognizes Clarissa. From AMEN? Likely on one of his recent and brief visits. That'd be why he's unfamiliar with her. "I'm sure he can deal with a few fish, can't you Maggy?" While the drow isn't keen on dealing with a probable AMENite, he'll make an exception.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside

Magtok shrugs.

"Sure, as long as you jump in first, with an open wound. Speaking of jumping, I'm outta here."

He then sets about picking himself up, his expression much more serious now that there's a chance he could still be hurled through the sky anyways. He can't hope to flee very quickly, but maybe, if he's lucky (and he's never lucky), he'll be able to clumsily stumble away until he's just far away enough to not be worth the trouble of chasing down!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

"Quick, get him!" Tina exclaims, pointing at the cyborg with some very real anger. She's never been one for physical violence, but Magtok shouldn't just get away with that damn slushy siege weapon. Besides, Tina's got Clarissa and Kirk to do all the tackling.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Lucky? Since when is Maggy ever lucky? Well, it's certainly not today. Kirk gives chase and when he catches up, will try to hook his leg in front of Maggy's and give him a shove.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

"Ask away, if you'd like."
    Libby purses her lips a bit, although the action isn't aimed at Dena.
    She's watching Magtok again, and more specifically, the current going-ons over there.
    Perhaps a genuine issue shortly.

"Maaaaaggy!"
    Quickly she flops the lips into a smile and waves him over.
    Maybe it'll help?
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #1124

Beachside

"Gah!"

Magtok would more likely than not be waving back to Libby or something, but unfortunately, that's not an option right now. The cyborg is tripped, and lands face-first in the sand. Drat.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beachside]

Oh noes! Magtok was absconding from his just desserts! Someone must put a stop to this crime!

Clarissa hastens to draw her silver longsword from the barbaric, grimy, metal scabbard strung to her side and, while proceeding to carry out that task, bellows like a Norse goddess,

"Stop right there, criminal scum!"

Luckily, there's a Kirk about who has the situation under control. Now to mollify Magtok's apprehension and general angst Clarissa is certain that Maggy is feeling and curtail his free will for awhile! Fun! And she might get a shot at reworking his convictions if her reproach hits its mark!

With a lecherous strut and bounce in her step, the foxy Clarissa positions herself somewhere between Magtok and the mainland, setting herself up to cut him off should he squirm out of Kirk's grasp and make a break for it.

Now, while Clarissa's outfit isn't exactly skimpy, it does show off her curves quite nicely. She appears to be doing her best to appeal to the womanizing, boasting Maggy that wants to show off and impress everyone with his suave mannerisms and intellect.

And perhaps soon, wild stunts of aerial wonderment!

"Come now, boss! I'm going to make sure you aren't hurt at all by anything! Don't be such a miserable coward! Be brave and adventurous!"

Hey, Clarissa, aren't you supposed to be a tsundere when it comes to being around other people you don't know all that well and stuff?

"You won't drown! Or die of hypothermia! And you'll be the talk of the town and the apple of everybody's eyes. I've got a clean track record when it comes to making flightless people fly. I have a few people who can corroborate that too. Plus, you need to unwind. You need to blow off some steam and chill, and I really think this experience will help you do this."

"Tell you what, you do this without whinging afterward and I'll have a chilled beverage of your choice waiting for you when you return."

"Not to mention that a little exercise would help build and tone muscle!"

Methinks Clarissa genuinely believes she's doing Maggy a favor by launching him into the sky to have his "Team Rocket is blasting off again!" *Ding!* moment!

16. - Top - End - #1126

Beachside

"Nothing hurt but his pride," Tina says, walking over and crossing her arms. She glances at Clarissa, having forgotten to introduce herself. "I'm Fettina, by the way."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1127

Beachside

Magtok frowns. Were we discussing anything else, he might've been persuaded by such an argument, but no matter how persuasive and pretty and clever Clarissa might or might not be, nothing can change the fact that he knows full well that she's trying to convince him to be thrown halfway across the sky.

"I'm not fat, Clarissa. The metal bits aren't that heavy, so you probably wouldn't be straining yourself with the toss, and I don't see how getting thrown into the air is going to do anything to cause me to build muscle. And the only thing people might say about this is that I got tossed like a dwarf and then giggle behind my back."

You're full of lies and nonsense, Clarissa. Lies and nonsense. Maggy knows this game, he's played it countless times before, and he knows full well when someone is trying to turn it on him. He squirms ineffectually, knowing full well that resistance is futile against whatever foul, arcane madness fuels Clarissa's twisted and unnatural powers.

"You're going to throw me either way, so just get it over with."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beachside]

What manner of trickery is this? No snide quips? No stinging repartee? Is Magtok just...

He's not even trying to duck being flung through the atmosphere, is he? He's gonna let her gracefully toss him not into orbit but high enough to make a wingless mortal sweat.

Clarissa finds Magtok's ken of the current goings-on awfully flattering. She might sometimes accidentally err on the world-shattering side of the power scale but it is ever so refreshing to hear someone acknowledge her power. Is that subdued blushing there, Clarissa? You may have been paid a nice compliment, knowingly or unknowingly, but you needn't overreact to it!

Then again, Magtok is the donor of the praise, so... Yeah.

Magtok really garnered a boatload of respect from Clarissa by accepting his fate without that much resistance. It is an admirable trait. Clarissa classifies it as the hallmark of courage (that or a symbol of passivity, depending on the circumstances and tone surrounding the event).

So this minor altercation might have benefited Maggy overall in the end!

"Nice to meet you, Fettina. I'm Clarissa. Clarissa von Smith."

And now that the formalities have concluded, Clarissa is directly back to business!

"The way other people view your feat is entirely up to you. There are a few people in the entire Nexus who will actually bear witness to this stunt percentage-wise. The perspective you reveal to them and the rest of the public will determine how they publicize it and archive how it all transpired. You can be a sport about it and claim that you undertook a challenge to break the Nexus's diving-board-less and machine-less cannonball record! Or you can tell the truth and be ridiculed by everyone who knows of it. I mean, we'll ridicule you about it anyway, but the general public won't."

"And you'll develop muscles by swimming back, of course! Swimming is great exercise for you humans!"

"But whatever! You think what you want about this moment! I get the feeling that if I weren't going to speed you out to sea as far as the eye can see, you'd be in a bind, so you can thank me later."

"Because there might be an alternative, but I'm thinking that this is the lightest sentence you'll get away with. You threw off Fettina's groove."

And you know what happens to people who throw off Fettina's groove! Or worse yet, Kirk's.

Without any further lecturing, Clarissa attempts to approach Maggy, lift him from the ground by his stylish robes, pause until Kirk or Fettina give her a nod to approve of the commencement of the Magtok hurling event, and then send him on his way far over the ocean to adventure and excitement unless interrupted.

If she can manage this, she'll attempt to cast a version of feather fall on Maggy to gradually slow his descent when he begins to plummet into the water. She'll also attempt to cast spells which should temporarily bind inflatable armbands designed to resemble cartoonish ducks to his upper arms and two to help him interact with the oceanic wildlife, one intended to repulse sharks and the other intended to attract innumerable dolphins to Maggy. All are supposed to be temporary and might eventually wear off.

Of course, Clarissa hasn't worked out many of the specifics of how these spells work, so there might be some other undesirable or beneficial side-effects that she didn't prepare for...

Onward and upward to adventure and excitement!

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

((Whoops, sorry about not posting here. >.<))

Kirk observes the proceedings with amusement. It's altogether too fun to torment Maggy.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Beachside

When it's finally time for Magtok to be thrown into the horizon, he's almost grateful for it. I mean gods damn, Clarissa just would not stop blabbing. All this wind blasting him in the face isn't very comfortable, though. Thank goodness for his red eye, or he'd be both hurtling through the air and blind! This way, he can at least see his water doom as it goes rocketing up to meet him!

"Crap. I knew something like this was going to happen when I woke up this morning."

Oh well, at least he has a few moments of relative silence with which to grumble and complain before his eventual plummet. Maybe someone will even be so kind as to intervene before he comes crashing down. He's not the best of fighters, even out of the water, and on the off-chance someone did something to ensure that hitting the water doesn't kill him, whatever horrible sea monsters are waiting to show up inexplicably to ruin Maggy's day are still going to have a rather easy time taking him apart.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-05-28 at 10:45 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1131

Beachside

As Magtok sails over the water a green blur shoots out of the surface of the ocean with a splash, heading towards him at an angle. It seems to be aiming for where his ankle will be as it strikes, and once it has reached him its entire length becomes clear. It seems to be a length of woven vines, as sturdy as a steel cable, which is even now attempting to wrap around his metal ankle and anchor him to the beach.

The angle it's connected to the surf at ensures that his trajectory should be drastically changed, forcing him into a sideways loop that aims him back at the beach.

Specifically at the little hut further up on shore that's serving mildly alcoholic slushies to anyone with a good enough ID. There, Dionysus is waving at his potentially-incoming ballistic customer, a wide smile on his face.

Assuming the featherfall is still intact, Maggy should land gently onto a stool right before the godly bartender. If it's not, he's going to be in for a somewhat cold landing as Dio tries to make a quick save when he realizes Magtok isn't slowing down. That save may involve spilling a massive amount of premixed blue-raspberry slushie into the vicinity of Magtok's landing zone. Enough to make a rather large slushbank in fact.

Probably best not to question where he got it all.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #1132

[Beachside]

Tina, regardless of any shenanigans that happen midflight, is incredibly amused by this turn of events. She has to wonder why everyone's out to save Maggy. It's not as though they're killing him.

"Nice air," says Fettina, watching Maggy fly like an eagle, his spirit carrying him.

Or perhaps that's merely the force in Clarissa's arms. "...Are you sure you didn't throw him too high?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-29 at 01:11 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1133

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Beachside]

"Ask away, if you'd like."
    Libby purses her lips a bit, although the action isn't aimed at Dena.
    She's watching Magtok again, and more specifically, the current going-ons over there.
    Perhaps a genuine issue shortly.

"Maaaaaggy!"
    Quickly she flops the lips into a smile and waves him over.
    Maybe it'll help?
    [Beachside]

"Uh... nevermind. You better go and help your boyfriend instead. Looks like he's in trouble." Well, not anymore, but you never know with Magtok. He always seems to find it.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

"I'll be right back th-"
    Libby was definitely gonna go save Maggy there, but then it looks like someone else decided to do it.

She tilts her head slightly, squinting at the vines, then over in the direction of the Booze Delivery Area.
    Or wine bar.
    Or Dio place.
    Or Slushie Central.
    Whichever name is best.

Judging by some rough angles, and that magic lingering on the cyborg, he shouldn't be in any physics-based danger here, so...
    "...alright. That is workable. I suppose?
    I'll be over there..."

Go Libby, go to the slushie bar!
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #1135

Beachside - Slush Zone

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Oh, thank goodness. Now, instead of skipping across the surface of the ocean, bouncing haplessly before eventually crashing into the water, Magtok is instead hit with a terrible sort of nausea, swung through the air back towards the beach he'd been spat so far away from. A more delicate individual (admittedly, there aren't many of those) might have suffered whiplash from this dreadful experience, but this isn't the first time ol' Maggy has been hurtled through the air or yanked around like a ragdoll.

-uuuudge!"

He lands on the stool rather safely, if you can consider hitting it with one's chest and having the wind knocked right out of you as 'safely'. Oof, that's got to hurt. Still better than his alternatives would've been, though.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk watches the spectacle of Maggy being hurled through the air one way and then the other. "I think I can be satisfied with that." The drow states once Maggy's made his less than graceful landing.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Beachside - Slush Zone

Before Magtok can regain his footing, Dionysus has a tall glass of slushie waiting on the bar before his stool, and another one perspiring in front of where he's predicted Libby will sit. A few of the younger and more skittish customers have absconded with their drinks at the display.

"Can't have perfectly good customers leaving my place of business like that without saying their farewells, can I? Take a sip or two to calm your nerves friend, it'll help with any bruising you might've gotten from that tumble you took." Indeed, the concoction Dio has dropped in front of Magtok is "Twizzted Healing Herb" according to the dispenser's labels, and tastes of lime, unidentifiable sweetener, and cherry health potions.

Libby's is a much more appropriate "Black Deth" which tastes a bit like vanilla and licorish.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-29 at 08:34 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Libby wears a faintly bothered look as she approaches, although it seems mostly due to Magtok as opposed to Dio's actions.

Once within easy talking range, she can begin with the obvious question!
    "Are you okay, Maggy?"
    And withhold a babble about how she was just off to give him a gentler catch, but she got beat to the punch by the wine god.
    Oh well.

"Um. Thank you, Ivy-Bearer."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #1139

Beachside

"I've been worse."

You've been dead, Magtok. That's really no sort of consolation at all. Of course, I guess I can give you a bit of leeway this time, what with it being terribly difficult to speak at the moment in anything other than a faint, embarrassingly high-pitched squeak.

"Burning someone's clinic down the first chance I get now, though..."

Don't worry, Clarissa and Dave, I'm sure he's kidding. It'll take way more than that to convince Magtok to actively seek out revenge against either of them. I'd definitely avoid tempting him further anyways, though. Can never be too sure with a nut like that guy...
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #1140

Beachside

"The pleasure was all mine, soul-bearer. I would hate to see such a cute couple split up by something as impolite as ballistic aerodynamics." Dionysus flashes a winning smile at the pair, polishing a glass idly as a bartender is required by law to do.

He's clearly waiting on them to either drink their free slushies or order something, or perhaps just listening in on their conversation. Either way if they're sticking around the bar they'll get no privacy.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-30 at 11:30 PM.