New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

So... hypnotizing...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Can't get deviantART working to do that image dump I'd mentioned the other day. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Sorry I missed the first page, but here are these.

I'll get caught up on the ~10 pages I missed tomorrow morning (technically later today).
    Quoted for finding later. tag: ponymote

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I can stare at this the whole day.

But what does she do? I'll need to come back when I'm not using crappy internet connection and can actually see more than *counts* three frames of animation. EDIT:Or I can have quoting this magically make it display properly. That works too.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-18 at 06:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

The gist of a conversation I had with my Mum about half an hour ago;

Her: "I had the strangest dream last nght"
    Me: "Oh?"
    Her: "We were in Yorkshire, looking at [detail forgotten] when a flying horse appeared"
    Me: "Flying horse, as in pegasus?"
    Her: "Yes. Well, it was more like a pony, silvery grey."

My mother is having pony dreams, despite never having watched the show, or had any exposure to it at all.

Frogstart: "And yet you still chickened out about mentioning your (not so) little equine obsession. Wimp."

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post

Her: "We were in Yorkshire, looking at [detail forgotten] when a flying horse appeared"

My mother is having pony dreams, despite never having watched the show, or had any exposure to it at all.

Frogstart: "And yet you still chickened out about mentioning your (not so) little equine obsession. Wimp."
    That's so cool.

I don't have any cool pony dreams Instead I got the most disturbing nightmare the other day, about (nightmare stuff in white) my mother having half her head seared off in some terrible kitchen accident at a party. And she was still alive. Even though it was two days ago I still can't shake the image off, it's probably the most distressing dream I've had since I was a kid.

I could use dreams of cute, marshmallowy ponies after that, but none of that for me

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Beeskee smiles and snuggles into Midnight's embrace contentedly. "I get the feeling half the town will be under here soon."
    Suddenly, an angry pony in a priests robe bursts in!

BACK! BACK VILE DEMON! NO MORE SHALL YE TEMPT THESE GOOD PONIES!
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-18 at 07:02 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOPS I Derped It Again! I Played With Your Head, Got Lost In Some Mum's Dream!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Well, if you want to roll up a new character, be my guest. I had tried to set it up such that the current batch would sort of "wake up" and realize they aren't in the Equestria they went to sleep in. This would let ponies be in the game without hanging very much and would give the party a sense of kinship (since they all remember a world that didn't exist), but I'm not sure I've put it together well enough just yet.

Hmm, well that "wake up on the Moonplane" sounds interesting as a premise, it would allow for a implanting of Igneous without needing any substantial rewrites ... more and more intriguing

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven't had any pony dreams, but I do tend to have strange pony related thought chains when I'm laying in bed waiting for the alarm.

For example this morning I was thinking about the fact that ponies apparently use the same names for days of the week that we do, which led to a thought about the norse names for said days (Wodan's day, Thor's day and the like) which led to a vision of Celestia & Luna posing as the members of the norse pantheon using props, huge fake mustaches, and a variety of amusing hats.

I decided that the whole affair ended when Luna lost the big hammer thingy and the ravens flew away with the eyepatch and the mustache collection.

I don't need dreams, my waking mind is strange enough as is.
    Last edited by Kalinda; 2011-10-18 at 07:27 AM.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

Also, forgot to clarify.
    The "hologram" in question wasn't a hologram at all.
    It was a 30 foot tall stone monolith, whose structure, substructure, atomic structure and molecular structure were all the same, such that breaking off a piece just sort of created a new entire thing without diminishing the original.

And several times, one of the characters explained this by saying "It's a hologram. It [explanation of fractals], so that's why it's a hologram."

Maddening
    ...Mind if I ask what movie / show this was so I can promptly go buy a copy and lob it into an active volcano? I can understand some misunderstanding between the two and don't really consider it a pet peeve, but for the love of Celestia.

I'd point you to the picture of my incubus ponyself, but it's one of the worst drawings I've done and is saved only by Baron Awesome as Dmitri being Awesome.
    Regardless of its quality, I really think you should post it anyways.

Oh, pish-posh. It's only stalking if you notice the tunnel network under your bed or that that weird noise you hear when you first wake up is me diving out of sight so you won't know I'm watching you sleep.
    It's Midnight. I can guarantee you she already knows. She has a sixth sense. Seventh? Would you really call magic a sense? Huh. Brain, don't do this to me at 8 in the morning.

*Coffee Slurp*

Not pony: (Edit: In an effort to keep this from taking over the ponythread, nopony else respond please. I'm sorry I posted it, I'm just stressed.)

Spoiler
    Show

How do you talk to someone who is, not just deeply religious, but the kind of religious person who thinks evolution is not true? Other than "not doing so" - which I think may be the best option actually, I already have a headache thinking about it. Feel free to PM me or direct me to a more appropriate thread.

I'm the kind of person who will go do research even when I think the other person will just outright reject what I am saying. "3.5 billion years of fossil records" was already not good enough, I don't know what else I can say. I am not really looking forward to spending my drastically reduced free time research all the counter-arguments just to have them dismissed or ignored.

I hate talking about science to religious people who think that things like "evolution" equals "god doesn't exist", and I really hate being the jerk that I apparently have to be to discuss it "properly" - outright saying "no you're wrong lol" rather than my default mode of trying to be understanding and listening to their point of view when they have no intention of doing the same.

Bah. I need a hug.
    All I'll say here is *Hugs*.

Quote Originally Posted by youhasplotholes View Post
    Love. It.

I am a D&D player myself, and My occasional DM, who is an avid Warhammer player as well, has seen fit to paint his Warriors of Chaos general, who rides a pegasus, in the colours of Rainbow Dash.

When I saw this, I nearly passed out.

This is why I play Warhammer.

What has happened to me?
    It's the infection fun that is pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Although I have no particular story, I did get my entire gaming group to watch the show and pretty much everyone enjoyed it, although they're in that category of people who watched it and liked it but never quite found Equestria Daily or the amazing art and community and I can't quite get them to commit further.
    Funny story actually! I was down in the labs the other week playing League of Legends with the guys from my D&D campaign, sans Psycho because he lives half an hour away. I pop open this thread between matches, and my friend Ben pops up behind me and just goes "Oh what the **** is that doing on the Giant in the Playground forums?! Oh, wait. Or is that the actual My Little Pony thread?"

I inform him it is.

He then promptly responds "See, this is why I don't go outside of the RPG forums on GitP. They're all Crazy!"

I just started cackling. I mean... That was too perfect. I wonder what he thought when he saw your guys Twilight Avatars pop up literally half a week later?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I have stuff I need to respond to (Don't think I haven't seen you, there, Shadowy!), but for now, I just wanted to get this out before my energy completely exhausts itself, because Titanium Fox is awesome and I will respond to that:

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    A gentle thrill erupted from Midnight's lips, and down his body, from the touch of his Lady Rarity's lips against his own. He dimly felt her hoof snaking over his shoulder, her lips pushing closer to his own. His eyes didn't close, he looked deeply into Rarity's own. It felt as if he were linked with this beautiful, mature mare, his soul forever entwined with hers in some way.

How would anything be the same after this night? Would they be able to go back to what they were? This night, even if it were this single moment in time, would forever remain in their hearts. Nopony could be touched so deeply, and with so much emotion, and remain unscarred from it. There would always be a permanent mark to be carried around by him. So what did this mean? He loved Shimmer, he knew that. The Princess deep inside the Prince still blushed furiously when thinking about her writer. So what would this do to the future? What would happen the next time she saw "Aunt" Rarity, as "Niece" Midnight? What...

No.

What the future would hold was not to be worried over this night. The storms that loomed in the horizon was not here yet. Rarity was right. Time was fleeting, and every moment that was wasted by doubt and fear was a moment that was stolen away from them.

"My Lady Rarity...this moment will last into eternity." He said quietly, and moved his hoof down, resting against Rarity's chest. Her beating heart was so tantalizing against his hoof, and his own heart seemed to match it, beat for beat. "For it will forever dwell in here."

It was time for the riskiest part of this night.

He stood from his seat, the half-eaten and cold meal completely forgotten. His horn glimmered in the night, stars of magic flecking forth from it, as he weaved his next piece of magic. A spell that he had learned from his mother, that gave voice to the green. But here, it was not a lullaby mean to render a rampaging Ursa docile. Instead, it was the sound of soft harps that began to play, as delicate and ethereal as the flowers that it emerged from. He walked around the table, never losing contact with his Lady, until he stood in front of her.

"My Lady, could you favor me with a dance under the moon?" This was it, this was the risk. It had taken weeks of training and practice for the awkward young mare to be able to dance properly at the Gala, and even then she had accidentally kicked or stomped on more than a couple of hooves and legs. He remembered that he had nearly torn Rarity's dress, had seen that tell-tale twitch of her eye of displease. She had felt so guilty.

But here, now, he knew...he just somehow knew that he would be able to dance. The flowers and music seemed to promise the grace that he knew was necessary for him would be at his call.

"I would be honored if you were to accept."

---

Spike plucked one of the flowers from the vase, and rolled it nervously in hos claws. He didn't like the dark thoughts that were racing through his mind, and, logically, he knew it had to be wrong. Midnight couldn't possibly...couldn't possibly...

"She was helping Rarity with restocking supplies, and..." Spike started, and then blinked, hearing Sweetie Belle's explanation. His eyes drifted to that destroyed Gala dress. Suddenly it was starting to make sense. He was being silly. He could see how it probably had happened: Midnight stumbling upon the dress and apologizing again about how it had gotten wrecked. Rarity gently chiding Midnight, but mostly to get a rise out of the easily-flustered mare. Midnight blushing and squirming, begging for forgiveness. She probably had insisted on taking Rarity out to dinner!

Yeah, that was probably it. Rarity...Rarity didn't swing that way anyways, and Midnight had Shimmer. No, clearly, clearly this wasn't what he was thinking.He could hardly believe it, being so jealous over his own sister. Really, now, how silly he was.

Yet, there was still doubt nagging at him, threatening to pull him back into that darkness, and he was holding the source of that doubt in his claw. The flowers, the vase. He kept rolling that delicate flower, and stiffened, hearing Sweetie's last question.

He still remembered that night, and what they had told him had happened. Swore him to secrecy. Surely, as long as he omitted the most important part of the story, Twilight and Trixie wouldn't be angry. Hopefully. He just needed to talk, express why these flowers were so important, surely it would help him shake the ill feeling in his stomach.

"Do you remember the night, when Midnight was only about a month old, when she got really sick with magic overload, and then accidentally teleported to the Everfree Forest?"
    He started, and lifted the flower to show Sweetie. "When Twi, Trix, and Princess Luna found Midnight, she had made an entire glade in the Everfree of these flowers."

And a ghost. That was the part Spike left out, the part he still could scarcely believe himself. It was only because scientific-minded Twilight had believed it happened that he did, too.

"Ever since then, Mids has always only been able to make these flowers whenever she tries Trixie's flower-making spell, or tries to grow flowers using other types of magic. No matter what she tries, she always get these flowers. On top of that, Twilight has never been able to find out what type of flowers these are."

He gave the flower to Sweetie.

"Twi actually had to come up with the name for them herself in the end. She calls them Dreamblooms."
    Yay! Working on a post right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Hey guys, poni!
    Spoiler
    Show

OMG PONI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Heh, if we had religion vs. science flamewars AND Pony shipping/RP we'd have to come up with new thread titles like every 12 hours
    You really think it would take that long? Wow, you give us far too little credit!

I vote for pony shipping. It's better than flamewars.

Spoiler
    Show

Wat? You were looking for pr0n weren't you?

Anyway, sorry for starting trouble. I'mma go hide under the bed with Midnight and whoever else is under there now. *sniffle* Happy all gone now. Need moar hugz.
    THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH HUGS! *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Possibly something to inspire a story after I finish my current one. (I'll give you a taste of that one too, once I finish the intro)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah... ah still got some energy left. Ah can do one more grove..."
    "I'm sure you could."
    "Put me down. Ah can walk."
    "Nnnnope."
    "Big Mac, you haven't carried me like this since ah was a lil' filly."
    "Eeeyup."
    "It's embarassing. Put me down. What if Apple Bloom sees?"
    "Don't matter. We're here now."
    "Sure feels softer when yer this tired. No, you don't have t'tuck me in."
    "Want to though."
    "Reminds me... *yawn* You miss mom and pop too sometimes?"
    ".... eeyup. G'night AJ."
    Awww... Poor Applejack.

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Anyway, new thread! Woohoo!

EDIT: removed stuff after reading the ENTIRE PAGE THAT POPPED UP WHILE I WAS TYPING IT. Dear Celestia, ponythread...
    Not fast enough yet! FASTER PONYTHREAD! FASTER!

Bleakbane! I considered arguing with you / raging at being a pink party pony premiere, but;

Spoiler
    Show

You put 'super powers' in italics. And I mean really, who could top that? I mean, except for that time Phoe went and conquered an entire pony website, but. Seriously... *yammers on for a while*

EDIT: I really need to hit Preview more often. A day late and a dollar short again.
    This is absolutely amazing.

*Midnight smiles playfully. "If you're getting too uncomfortable, Jade, please, tell me. I may tease and I am a little touchy-feely, but I don't want anypony to be uncomfortable around me."
    "N-No, Midnight, it's fine... I... I just get like this with Mares." She lets out a soft little eep, and presses her head into the crook of Midnight's neck.

It is my idea thus far for the PbP game, yes. And tWas only one page ago when I complained, sorry. Ponythread time is so much weirder than regulate time...

Idea is to start in a simple dungeon to test the mechanics, then move on. There would be player's choice of city, dungeon, and wandering after that. Enough broad strokes I could play by ear without bein painted into a corner...

But! I wanted to throw this out because it's potentially grim, maybe even grimdark. I'd play it mostly for laughs (except at drama points), but I didn't want to scare anypony off prematurely with what would seem a bleak and pointless setting.

I'm also looking for any glaring plot-holes. Twould be set in an alternate universe, 400-500 years after Luna's banishment. Players may realize that their world isn't canonical; depends on whether I think intrigue would help or hinder, in the end.

And once more, so I have easy access for future editing;

Spoiler
    Show

Since the moon wars, the Sun Princess has steadily been more tyrannical, methodical, and cruel. Over the last few decades she has also descended into depravity and madness; in her paranoia, she has begun ruthlessly hunting down and arresting random ponies, Charging them with treason and conspiracy. Equestria is an iron-clad shamble, it's infrastructure supported by a small fraternity who formed amongst the courtiers and royal guards.

Unbeknownst to the Princess, or the guardsponies, the moon is an entire plane rather than a barren, rocky satellite. Strewen with ancient ruins of a past civilization, and roamed by those of monstrous mien, creature and pony alike. The Princess has been banishing ponies, griffons, diamond dogs, even
    dragons, and on the moon a society of sorts is forming.

The dragons, messengers and guardians of the moon's limited wealth, have formed kingdoms. The ponies, caught between moon monsters and stacking slavers, have formed their own outposts. What magic is available has been used to eke out a lunarial existence, and the rarest of dragons - the messengers - remain allied with ponykind. Supplies and food trickle in through dragon's fire, supplying the Lunarian elite with supplies to feed their lust for power. Kingdoms form. Factions rise. The land itself seeks to extinguish those who tread too heavy upon it, and you, either a veteran of the moon or banished to it, for crimes real or imagined, must forge your way in this strange new land — if you can survive your stone prison.

Welcome to

DUNGEONS
    (In the Place You Were Banished To)
    C==[|=&=====>
    DRAGONS

Okay, this is awesome too. SiuiS, y u so awesome? [IMG]i.imgur.com/DrMmg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

lol
    For a split second, I thought Celestia hit Twilight with the Pick Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hmm, quoting myself ... can I do that? Can I say the same thing twice?

Oh gawd, Pinkie and Fluttershy blog posted more Fluttershy with Juice Box ...

Spoiler
    Show

I think all the Hnnnnngh has killed ponythread.
    New Meme? Ponies in Socks -> Ponies in Sweaters -> Ponies with Juiceboxes?

I can stare at this the whole day.

Oh man. So incredibly saved. Tempted to shrink it down and use it for an Avatar.

Oh god. We as a hivemind have gained the power to infect via osmosis. Do you understand how powerful we have become? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-18 at 07:35 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so over on EQD in the nightly round-up there is a link to a site with a coupon for a free poster from Walmart

it is our solemn duty to go have a bunch of Pony Posters made before this offer expires on the 31st

...now i just need to decide which pony pic to use
    ...and see if i can abuse the coupon every day 8p
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Open source is best source.
    When all you want from it is to look at the source, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I'm inclined to believe this, actually. It makes sense.
    Seeing that even 1 of the Mane 6 was pro-Discord, I'd suspect that not all ponies were against it and there might be hidden Discord cult out there...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

12. - Top - End - #132

More tales from the helpdesk!

Spoiler
    Show
    IT at this company doesn't support the program Salesforce. From our point of view, people just kind of started using it. He asked for it on a loaner, and I told him this.

"...But it's on my other computer."

"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that IT does not support the program. The best I can do for you is to direct you over to the Salesforce website or your manager."

"...But it's on my computer! Right here, see?"

"...I know. We have nothing to do with the program though. I'm not sure who put it on that computer, but it wasn't us."

"An IT Personnel in Vancouver put it on."

"We don't have any IT support personnel at the Vancouver site."

"...But it's on my computer!"

Aaaaarrrgh. I'm going to have an aneurism by the time I'm 25.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-18 at 08:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

That said, I think the episode was mostly ... well, 'fan service' minus the sexual connotations. All the neat things they stuffed this episode full of are clearly intended for the older fans of the series, and here we are not liking it.
    ...I didn't mind the fanservice at all, my problem is exclusively with main plot...

Bah. I need a hug.
    Do you happen to have any IM, like AIM or MSN?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    {snip}
    Adds to The List

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    RE: Thread derail:
    ...I think somepony needs to add 'Intolerance' to the list of OFC targets

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, but they won't *want* to find me, not with what we'll be doing under the bed!"

"I need an adult."
    Shssssh Lixie. You are an adult.

Midnight Will Need Help In A Minute
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight goes wide-eyed, and shuffles nervously on the spot.

"W-Why do I get the feeling that I said the wrong thing? Oh dear, maybe I should have gone to Cestya's room, I wonder if that option is still open...
    "...are we coming?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Drawfriends stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote for save.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well, I chose a terrible time to ask a question last thread.
    Yes for the first,
    And for the second, I'd suggest complimenting her generosity. It's wonderful when someone notices your kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Imagedump time!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote for save!

There are worse places to wake up.
    or better ;D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote for savfe. xD

Guys! Apparently Lix wasn't a bronette by the second page of the first pony thread!

Wow, you guys handled things differently back then, didn't you?
    It was my then-boyfriend who got me to finally watch it. It's taken this long for me to come around to his point of view:
    Rarity IS best pony. (Except Midnight.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Or maybe they'll just consider it a cry for... help." Leo grins, showing off his unponylike teeth. "Besides, it doesn't seem like your house is safe now. Of course, I COULD always take you all someplace your Twilight can't find you..."
    "Me, Midnight, Jade, Amish, Celestia, Luna, Kratos, and now Leo?"

What about such records as "Days went without commandeering the popemobile for the purposes of driving off sweet ramps"? Where does this record-breaking end?!
    AWESOME. That's where!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Um, Blood for the Cupcakes for the cupcake god, ponies for the pony throne!
    Don'tsayitdon'tsayitdon'tsayitdon'tsayitdon'tsayit
    Blood and Cupcakes? Is there a difference?
    I said it. D:

Spoiler
    Show

And after all of that, all I'm gonna say is
    Quote for save.
    (Also hugs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    ALL WILL BE COMPLEAT. YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE COMPLEAT.

Spoiler
    Show

You put 'super powers' in italics. And I mean really, who could top that? I mean, except for that time Phoe went and conquered an entire pony website, but. Seriously... *yammers on for a while*
    (And SiuiS. Best pony except Midnight and SiuiS.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Of course, I mean just in general here. There are plenty of people who like the Star Wars Prequels and Matrix sequels. Never heard anybody defend the Highlander sequels.
    Haven't seen Highlander, but do like all Star Wars and Matrix, although I admit that the original 3/1 are better.

So I have a question, since it's been 3 pages and now I'm all like, paranoid. Did anypony see my D(itpywbt)&D blurb? I'd like to officially solicit opinions, sil vous plait.
    I read and liked, but it was reeeaaally late at the time.

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight twitches.
    "You know, I don't think you're exactly in your right mind yourself...I'm not sure I trust you any more than I trust my Momma right now! What is happening to everypony!? Is it something in the water?!
    There must be something in the waa-ter!

I was about to go with "sad derpy" icon too. But it's too sad:
    Spoiler
    Show

SAAAAD! D'awww poor li'l pony...
    ohgodquoteforsave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So here, have some cute ponies instead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    Q F S

Spoiler
    Show
    "I can't make an entire city go insane over a stuffed toy... "[/COLOR]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A black and red haired maned Lixie pops her head in and smirks. "Call yourself a solar?"

(It may be best if you ignore this. I just wanted to make the joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I think all the Hnnnnngh has killed ponythread.
    QFS

I HOPE I didn't lose any quotes, but the first set of ten and the final set had none in common, so some from the middle may have gone...

Another note is lethality. I really want it to be non-lethal, but I've had some bad experiences with perceived player immortality...
    How about apply the Dramatic immortality rule? You can't go below -9hp unless someone specifically goes out of their way to 'check the body' as it is.

"ExCUSE me? My name is Faithful Song, prophet of the shipping goddess, and this is my student. You'd best be leaving her alone, unless your perfect match turns out to be Snails. Which is an empty threat, as by now I think it likely that Snails has grown into a french gourmet chef, or some other prestigious thing.

Dear Princess Celestia,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Today I realised that the easiest way to make friends is to listen in on other people's conversations, and leap in with something interesting at the first opportunity. I'm not sure this is a good lesson, but Like Millie, I'll take what lessons I can get.

Your loving student,
    Faithful Song
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-10-18 at 08:36 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #135

Midnight's Great Big Cuddlepile:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    I'm sorry Midnight, but it looks like Vent won't be able to respond because he has just come down with a severe case of nosebleeds.

Since he's indisposed at the moment, I'll take it upon myself to respond from here on. *Ahem* While the Au Naturale look may be the cutest look for you, I would like to remind you of Applejack's observation that ponies don't normally wear clo- oh screw it.

CUDDLEPILE ON MIDNIGHT!
    Beeskee smiles and snuggles into Midnight's embrace contentedly. "I get the feeling half the town will be under here soon." (I think the "under Midnight's bed" count is Lix, Jade, AmishPirate, Vent, Midnight, and myself so far. Oh, and possibly Rarity. Did I miss anypony?)
    CrazyTwi's and Cuddlepiles (barring a better name)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amish pops his head out from a fast-growing wall of pillows, complete with what looks to be a fully functional portcullis and gate. Somepony has to defend the cuddlepile from crazy Twilights, and it might as well be this pony. He blows a feather off of his snout. "Aye, we're going to need a messload o' pillows (and possibly some additional building permits) at this rate...whoops, hold that thought..."

He quickly opens the gate to let a pony-shaped blur (because I cannot remember Vent's character right now) flying-tackle-glomp the pile before closing it just as fast.
    *Midnight giggles gleefully, as so many ponies dive under the bed to join in on the cuddle pile! Her horn glows, and just happens to make the legs of the bed a little taller, so that everypony will be able to fit comfortably. After all, it's not a good cuddlepile if somepony is uncomfortable!

"Eee! Pretty soon half the thread will be under here!" She sounds very delighted at that, and somehow is managing to at least be in contact with everypony all at once! Those new wings and nimble tail are proving very good for that.

*Midnight sticks her head out of the pile, and looks at this new pony.

"Uhm...excuse me? I'm no tempting anypony!" She pauses, and looks back at the pile. "Okay, maybe I'm tempting them a little, but there's no law against that!

Midnight Needs Help

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo creates and eats a piece of bacon. "Have you ever trusted me more than your momma? And at least there's only one of me, and I can't make an entire city go insane over a stuffed toy... You've also never known me to have a meltdown over cupcake icing, or my friends not having any problems."
    "Well, no, but this is an odd situation." She lets out a soft sigh, and rubs the bridge of her nose. "Okay, where would you take me if I hypothetically said 'Yes'? And don't say magic kindergarten."

HELP

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hi Midnight!" Said the bright purple pegasus. She was almost the same colour as Midnight, right down to the mane. With a tarot card sticky-taped to her flank. With a papercraft horn on her head.

It took a moment to spot the few patches of undyed orange.

"I'm your biggest fan!" said Stalkerloo.
    *Midnight goes wide eyed, and begins backing up away from "Stalkerloo".

"S-Scootaloo? What's wrong with you? U-Uhm, I'm flattered, but, hey, isn't Rainbow Dash somewhere around? Shouldn't you maybe be following her around?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, even my meditation was distrubed by pony dreams, darn you all - in which in a change of pace from my usual running-away-from-things dreams, Midnight/Nix or some magically fused amalgam of the two (never let it be said that my subconcious is not a) fair and b) WHAT THE FREAKING HELL) was running down a mountainside to escape some bad things (no, not me) - chasing her in helicopters or hover somethings I think - to draw them off from everyone else (I forget who everyone else was) and eventually actually managed to escape (by means of getting through a small hole in a stone ruin wall or something.) And then everything sort of degenerated into a half-remembered mass of ponythread and 3D geometry again.

Sometimes I wonder about my own sanity. And then I remember I'm a Lich, and therefore racially insane and go "eh, what the hay."
    Dude, you have some weird dreams. And it frightens me a little that I may or may not have been in them.

Regardless of its quality, I really think you should post it anyways.
    I agree! Show it!

It's Midnight. I can guarantee you she already knows. She has a sixth sense. Seventh? Would you really call magic a sense? Huh. Brain, don't do this to me at 8 in the morning.

*Coffee Slurp*
    "Oh, that. Y'see, I have to keep looking out for Lyra to keep her from kidnapping my Momma, so I sort of got good at being able to pick out my own stalkers because I know what to look for. It's less magic than sheer experience!"

Funny story actually! I was down in the labs the other week playing League of Legends with the guys from my D&D campaign, sans Psycho because he lives half an hour away. I pop open this thread between matches, and my friend Ben pops up behind me and just goes "Oh what the **** is that doing on the Giant in the Playground forums?! Oh, wait. Or is that the actual My Little Pony thread?"

I inform him it is.

He then promptly responds "See, this is why I don't go outside of the RPG forums on GitP. They're all Crazy!"

I just started cackling. I mean... That was too perfect. I wonder what he thought when he saw your guys Twilight Avatars pop up literally half a week later?
    Hahahahahaha! That's brilliant. Well, I do agree a little on the crazy part, but it's a fun type of crazy. And ponysanity.

Yay! Working on a post right now!
    Yeeeee!

Midnight and Jade (Spoiled just to be RP safe)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "N-No, Midnight, it's fine... I... I just get like this with Mares." She lets out a soft little eep, and presses her head into the crook of Midnight's neck.
    *Midnight smiles, and wraps one of her rather nimble wings over Jade's back, and slowly gives her head a gentle nuzzle as she rests into the crook of her neck. Her hoof playfully strokes against Jade's own.

"Well, we're simply going to have to work on that, aren't we? You adorable creature..."
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-10-18 at 08:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Why is everything so different? Leo followed Starry Notions through time, into the past, and true to his expectations it mucked everything up. And of course he is unable to find Starry (or Whooves) to fix it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why is everything my fault?"

I didn't have a pony dream, I think I've had dreams about pony-thread, and that's been it so far.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

17. - Top - End - #137

so over on EQD in the nightly round-up there is a link to a site with a coupon for a free poster from Walmart

it is our solemn duty to go have a bunch of Pony Posters made before this offer expires on the 31st

...now i just need to decide which pony pic to use
    ...and see if i can abuse the coupon every day 8p
    I ran across that coupon last night on r/mlp, and my FIRST and IMMEDIATE reactions were to try and find high res images of both that one iconic rainbow dash picture, the one with like just her outlines over a black background, and also a good Derpy, only that might be harder to nail down into a specific poster...

Also, there's totally two Walmarts equidistant to my house. If I try this, I will try for both, for great justice.

OMG PONI.

Oh man. So incredibly saved. Tempted to shrink it down and use it for an Avatar.

Oh god. We as a hivemind have gained the power to infect via osmosis. Do you understand how powerful we have become? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!
    In order:

OMG PONI

I can't believe that nobody's linked to this yet:
    Spoiler
    Show

I am suddenly reminded of the night that both myself and... somepony else >_>;; had dreams concerning me hanging out with the CMC at the talent show. That was... disconcerting.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

"I need an adult."
    Shssssh Lixie. You are an adult.
    We're all adults.

Midnight Cuddle Succubus Stuff and Things
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...are we coming?
    "...Pleeeeeeeease?"

*Midnight giggles gleefully, as so many ponies dive under the bed to join in on the cuddle pile! Her horn glows, and just happens to make the legs of the bed a little taller, so that everypony will be able to fit comfortably. After all, it's not a good cuddlepile if somepony is uncomfortable!

"Eee! Pretty soon half the thread will be under here!" She sounds very delighted at that, and somehow is managing to at least be in contact with everypony all at once! Those new wings and nimble tail are proving very good for that.
    Jade sucks in a deep breath as she's finally given a little bit of breathing room.

*Midnight sticks her head out of the pile, and looks at this new pony.

"Uhm...excuse me? I'm no tempting anypony!" She pauses, and looks back at the pile. "Okay, maybe I'm tempting them a little, but there's no law against that!
    A faint voice can be heard from somewhere deep within the cuddle pile. "Not a single pony in here is unwilling! Let us have our fun!"

Midnight and Jade (Spoiled just to be RP safe)
    Spoiler
    Show

*Midnight smiles, and wraps one of her rather nimble wings over Jade's back, and slowly gives her head a gentle nuzzle as she rests into the crook of her neck. Her hoof playfully strokes against Jade's own.

"Well, we're simply going to have to work on that, aren't we? You adorable creature..."
    Midnight and Jade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry. I'll try to keep this one a little smaller than the Rarity one so I don't take up all of your writing time. XD

Jade just stammers out an incoherent little noise and recoils back a step, her face a bright, beat red; seeming rather interested in the floor at the moment.

---

Hmm Pony dreams. Well, for starters keep in mind I dream about once a month due to the whole Narcolepsy thing. Those also tend to be the days I function in the morning; since it indicates I got the right amount of sleep in the right amounts. Have I ever mentioned Narcolepsy sucks? I don't think I have yet. Whee broken records!

Anyways. I remember having one or two mundane dreams, except Pinkie Pie randomly showed up off to the side every so often. I'd react, but then she'd be missing from the Mirror/TV/whatever she appeared in.

I also remember one involving Applejack that actually revolved around the pony. I think. Confound my poor memory.

There was also one that was slightly related. I was a soldier in a medieval castle, and my best friend was named "Blank Flank". He was a janitor. Oh, by the way, people's jobs in this castle were assigned by whatever their special talent was. I feel like this may have been related. I only remember one specific scene, and it was me screaming down a hallway "BLANK FLANK, NOOOO!"
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-18 at 08:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

More tales from the helpdesk!

Spoiler
    Show
    IT at this company doesn't support the program Salesforce. From our point of view, people just kind of started using it. He asked for it on a loaner, and I told him this.

"...But it's on my other computer."

"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that IT does not support the program. The best I can do for you is to direct you over to the Salesforce website or your manager."

"...But it's on my computer! Right here, see?"

"...I know. We have nothing to do with the program though. I'm not sure who put it on that computer, but it wasn't us."

"An IT Personnel in Vancouver put it on."

"We don't have any IT support personnel at the Vancouver site."

"...But it's on my computer!"

Aaaaarrrgh. I'm going to have an aneurism by the time I'm 25.
    A friend of mine who worked IT helpdesk always kept a Yo-yo in his drawer. Whenever he was on the phone with an angry or stupid client he'd take it out and play with it. he said his thought process went like so "You may be an idiot who's yelling at me for something that's totally your fault, but you have no idea that I'm playing with a Yo-yo while you're yelling at me."

It always made him feel better.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Most fitting. I bet that's Amberly right there.
    Eh, Amberley is too pragmatic for this

Spoiler
    Show
    Rudeshy IS the best Discord Pony!

Walmart... :(

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Midnight Needs Help

Spoiler
    Show

"Well, no, but this is an odd situation." She lets out a soft sigh, and rubs the bridge of her nose. "Okay, where would you take me if I hypothetically said 'Yes'? And don't say magic kindergarten."

*Midnight goes wide eyed, and begins backing up away from "Stalkerloo".

"S-Scootaloo? What's wrong with you? U-Uhm, I'm flattered, but, hey, isn't Rainbow Dash somewhere around? Shouldn't you maybe be following her around?"
    Midnight Needs Help
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is where we're going as important as it not being here? And fine, no Magic Kindergarten,"

"Me, Midnight, Jade, Amish, Celestia, Luna, Kratos, and now Leo?"
    "I'm included, and it's not just for blame! YAY!"

Spoiler
    Show
    A black and red haired maned Lixie pops her head in and smirks. "Call yourself a solar?"

(It may be best if you ignore this. I just wanted to make the joke.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I had to spend the XP on Shipping Defense charms."

(Ditto. )

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "I had to spend the XP on Shipping Defense charms."

(Ditto. )
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ugh. Lixie? It's Lixie, right?"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ugh. Lixie? It's Lixie, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And Midnight."

Who am I talking to?

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Today is going to be one of those days where Ima need a steady stream of internet and poni to maintain sanity. I've been working on this same stack of broken and troublesome laptops for almost a week now. They were supposed to only take a day at most to finished, but they have been VERY dedicated to the Not Working cause

Today. TODAY will be the day I finish these cursed machinations!

Ponies ponies ponies.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "And Midnight."

Who am I talking to?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Midnight I haven't heard of. But Lixie is just a selfish -----, really." she scowls.

Someone who looks VERY like Lixie.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Jeez this thread moves fast. x.x *shakes cane* Slow down you young hooligans!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The volunteer defense worker was finding himself forever tormented by Midnight's tail. It seemed like no matter where he was, when he needed his concentration the most, that little tail would flick-tickle his ear, muss up his mane, and generally make a nuisance of itself. Midnight and the others would here an occasional frustrated "Argggghhh!" from various parts of the structure.

Amish pops out of a hatch in one of the pillows, bottle of rum root beer in hoof. Huh, so that explains the ludicrously intricate pillowwork. Pirate + Root Beer = Amazing things.

He scratches at his bandanna with a forehoof. "How in the blazes did ye even get in here? I'm going to have t'check that gate again..." Just then, Midnight's tail darted from within the pillow, snaked around the earth pony, and ruthlessly tickled his snout. "Arrgh! Gerroff-pththththth!" His entire face scrunched up in protest as he failed his forelegs about trying to bat away the offending tail.

I know I've had a few pony dreams, but I sadly can't remember them. I seem to remember most of them were of the variety where I was with some of the mane cast, but I don't think I was a pony. It was just me doing some weird, random things with the mane six.

Ah! I stand corrected, I just remember one:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One time, as I was falling asleep, I had this vivid sensation of something soft being draped over me and this feeling of incredible closeness and intimacy. I felt small, in the sense of being powerless as well as physically small. It didn't feel very good, and I started to be afraid. Just then, that feeling of closeness grew sharper, and it felt like two larger, warm bodies were snuggling up next to me. I can't remember anything they were saying, but I just know they were whispering reassurances and calming me down. I often talk to myself mentally, and despite not being able to remember what they said, I swear I could physically hear their voices. In hindsight, it felt an awful lot like I was a foal, and my pony parents, apparently pegasi judging by the wings they covered me with, were snuggling me to sleep.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I was asleep or awake during all of this, and I have no idea how I just remembered all that.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-18 at 09:47 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Today is going to be one of those days where Ima need a steady stream of internet and poni to maintain sanity. I've been working on this same stack of broken and troublesome laptops for almost a week now. They were supposed to only take a day at most to finished, but they have been VERY dedicated to the Not Working cause

Today. TODAY will be the day I finish these cursed machinations!

Ponies ponies ponies.
    Ooh! Ooh! I can help!

Spoiler
    Show
    Have some HNNNNGH!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Dude, you have some weird dreams. And it frightens me a little that I may or may not have been in them.
    It frightens you? How d'you think I feel!?

Oh, part of it was definiately Midnight, but some of it was also Nix (and I know because even dreaming I was half-confused as to why they were both coterminous... It was definately Nix-filly-size that allowed said pony to escape through the ruin wall...)

My subconcious mind is constant source of delight, bewilderment and horror in equal measure. I have had some of my best ideas from dreams. I think some of it is that, as I have learned to lucid dream over the years (I'm fairly sure the aforementioned escape was mainly due to my lucidly making it so), my mind sometimes runs the creative portions of my brain on automatic and on a good day, can even manage something resembling consistency. (I find I can also read things in a dream, which I'm given to understand, you're not really supposed to be able to do...) Certainly, my mind will dig up things from months ago that I've more or less forgotten myself (e.g. Nix, who I haven't thought aboutsince Past Sins finished) - and it even managed to connect up the memories of the comparisons of Midnight and Nix.

My mind is freakin' wierd sometimes, man, but then again, Lich, so whaddayer gonna do?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-18 at 09:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, AotRS commander, I have a question that is surprisingly somewhat related to ponies. Do you play D&D? Specifically, 3.5