New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

So, something of a silly question, but how does Mumble work? I've got the thing installed and everything, but I've never been able to figure out how to do stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    So, something of a silly question, but how does Mumble work? I've got the thing installed and everything, but I've never been able to figure out how to do stuff.
    Step 1) Add our server to your favorites, and hit connect.
    Step 2) Set-up push to talk with the audio wizard.
    Step 3) Double-click to enter channels.
    Step 4) ???
    Step 5) PROFIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    EDIT: I was playing Portal 2. Shush.
    So? Nasus is far more important than Portal 2.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well punned, sir
    Thank you!

Yeah, I think Gragas is gonna be good for me. I feel like every mistake I make with him is a game sense thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Thank you!

Yeah, I think Gragas is gonna be good for me. I feel like every mistake I make with him is a game sense thing.
    I think I'd be more concerned with making game sense mistakes. Far more big of a deal than technical play I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Trying not to suck as Nasus. Second time.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

7. - Top - End - #337

Just played an hour long game, where there was no clear winner until it ended. Quite the edge of your seat game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was one of those games where you really didn't care you lost because it was so well fought.

Though, I feel my team may have done better if Trist had been AD. Too many times both of us had a clear shot at pushing, but we lacked any real damage for it.
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I think I'd be more concerned with making game sense mistakes. Far more big of a deal than technical play I'd say.
    Yeah, exactly.
    Guys? A perfect game is 100 CS per 15 minutes, right? I...I think I may have done it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tribble; 2011-10-22 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, exactly.
    Guys? A perfect game is 100 CS per 15 minutes, right? I...I think I may have done it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A perfect game is 100CS by ten.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

So, Djinn just reeducated me in how to play Trist.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, Yeah.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

Public Service Announcement to Screenshotters
    Looking at your screenshots, I can tell many of you pressed Ctrl-PrtScr or whatever your keyboard equivalent is by the pixels and from having seen many a screenshot in my time (I take one after every game). If you press Alt-PrtScr (or equivalent) it only takes a camera photo of your current window (like, say, LoL stats).
    Every time you waste a byte of extraneous desktop/start bar space in a png, Riot nerfs your favorite champion/item. Think of the children.

/soap box [some sort of ScreenShotGG pun]

~
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-10-23 at 12:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Public Service Announcement to Screenshotters
    Looking at your screenshots, I can tell many of you pressed Ctrl-PrtScr or whatever your keyboard equivalent is by the pixels and from having seen many a screenshot in my time (I take one after every game). If you press Alt-PrtScr (or equivalent) it only takes a camera photo of your current window (like, say, LoL stats).
    Every time you waste a byte of extraneous desktop/start bar space in a png, Riot nerfs your favorite champion/item. Think of the children.

/soap box [some sort of ScreenShotGG pun]

~
    I count 89 words. Pity. (Counting Hyphened-words as 2 but not counting the soap box and signature.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

I GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME TEN TIMES OVER!

So yeah, horrible game. I don't think I'm any good at League of Legends anymore.

14. - Top - End - #344

What happened?
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sohala View Post
    What happened?
    Just playing Trist, attacking from a decent range, but I was constantly getting d-teamed because Graves didn't know how to put up a decent attack, so I was getting, well, d-teamed. Then the game progressed, and we had barely gotten to levels 10-11 and the enemy was around 16-18. It was a landslide.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

I don't know why people still ban Morgana when Zilean (among others) counters her so hard. Even with repeated jungle ganks it's easy to win that lane. (It helped that the jungler was Amumu, of course. Dodge Bandage Toss and Dark Binding with one Time Warp = trollface.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    Yeah, but game sense mistakes are less champion-specific. If he made a technical mistake in his Gragas play, Gragas might not be good for him; but if the mistakes he's making are mistakes he'd make with anyone, then he's got nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Just playing Trist, attacking from a decent range, but I was constantly getting d-teamed because Graves didn't know how to put up a decent attack, so I was getting, well, d-teamed. Then the game progressed, and we had barely gotten to levels 10-11 and the enemy was around 16-18. It was a landslide.
    I wouldn't put Graves and Trist together in any case. But just farm and avoid dying and you won't be so far behind.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After watching Stonewall's trial and error video, I decided to try and make Jungle Corki work.

Surprisingly enough, it does. The trick is that his best starting ability is the one you would least expect.

So, here's the plan. Note that because Corki has no defenses beyond armor yellows (and completely **** base armor and health), this jungle is EXTREMELY execution dependent.

Flat AD reds/quints (I think I can put arpen in here, since you're still going to need 3 hits on small wolves, but not much. I'll try tomorrow.)
    Armor yellows
    Blues of choice (AS are slightly better, but not necessary)
    21/0/9
    Vamp Scepter. I bet you could do something with Doran's though, but Dorans doesn't scale well for clearing, because without Lantern, clearing EATS mana.
    Start Valkyrie and Wolves. Yep. Kite a bit by firing from max range and letting them hit you once before jumping.
    Smite big wraith, shoot small wraith, jump over, shoot the small wraiths. Don't bother using Gatling gun, you should take next to no damage here.
    Head down to minis, kite into the bush, to let one of them hit you, then use Gatling Gun. You should have just enough mana to get off two Gatling Guns and a Valkyrie for this. With AS blues, you should finish with 200ish HP. If you screw up a bit and they both reset, no big deal, you do enough damage that the extra time works out sorta in your favor.

Go back and get cloth and a potion. For blue, Gatling Gun for the full duration,
    then Valkyrie. You're not in a hurry to use Valk, it's cooldown is long enough you'll only use it once. You'll be fairly beat up (half health) (I'm considering trying a bit more arpen for this). I tend to level Valkyrie again at wolves, since it's cheaper on mana than using Q, but you may want the reveal for checking bushes or something. Make sure you jump over the wall at wraiths for this pass, so the Blue one gets hit by Valkyrie. (If you screw this up, wraiths will destroy your health) You can't seem to do red due to health issues, which makes me sad. Take minis and back. Boots and two potions later, go ahead and get red. Two potions means you have full health and both buffs, and you can either clear small camps again (at which point you can get a lantern, and are level 6, meaning jungle is easy) or try to gank a lane. You do have amazing damage, but no CC and your damage sharply increases once you get 6.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2011-10-23 at 03:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

I just got an idea. Rylai's on Nasus. Would it work with his ultimate, as the damage-every-second procs it and the enemy is continually slowed, or would it not work? If it does, it could be a nice component of a slow-lock thing(go in, Spirit Fire, Q, Wither...).

It could be an interesting item, especially on a Nasus tanky enough to rush into the enemy team. Two spells, and the entire enemy team is slowed(albeit for only 1.5 seconds, but...).
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    After watching Stonewall's trial and error video, I decided to try and make Jungle Corki work.

Surprisingly enough, it does. The trick is that his best starting ability is the one you would least expect.

So, here's the plan. Note that because Corki has no defenses beyond armor yellows (and completely **** base armor and health), this jungle is EXTREMELY execution dependent.

Flat AD reds/quints (I think I can put arpen in here, since you're still going to need 3 hits on small wolves, but not much. I'll try tomorrow.)
    Armor yellows
    Blues of choice (AS are slightly better, but not necessary)
    21/0/9
    Vamp Scepter. I bet you could do something with Doran's though, but Dorans doesn't scale well for clearing, because without Lantern, clearing EATS mana.
    Start Valkyrie and Wolves. Yep. Kite a bit by firing from max range and letting them hit you once before jumping.
    Smite big wraith, shoot small wraith, jump over, shoot the small wraiths. Don't bother using Gatling gun, you should take next to no damage here.
    Head down to minis, kite into the bush, to let one of them hit you, then use Gatling Gun. You should have just enough mana to get off two Gatling Guns and a Valkyrie for this. With AS blues, you should finish with 200ish HP. If you screw up a bit and they both reset, no big deal, you do enough damage that the extra time works out sorta in your favor.

Go back and get cloth and a potion. For blue, Gatling Gun for the full duration,
    then Valkyrie. You're not in a hurry to use Valk, it's cooldown is long enough you'll only use it once. You'll be fairly beat up (half health) (I'm considering trying a bit more arpen for this). I tend to level Valkyrie again at wolves, since it's cheaper on mana than using Q, but you may want the reveal for checking bushes or something. Make sure you jump over the wall at wraiths for this pass, so the Blue one gets hit by Valkyrie. (If you screw this up, wraiths will destroy your health) You can't seem to do red due to health issues, which makes me sad. Take minis and back. Boots and two potions later, go ahead and get red. Two potions means you have full health and both buffs, and you can either clear small camps again (at which point you can get a lantern, and are level 6, meaning jungle is easy) or try to gank a lane. You do have amazing damage, but no CC and your damage sharply increases once you get 6.
    I do it with Gatling Gun and bluestart. The ArPen relieves your runes which increases your damage immensely.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I just got an idea. Rylai's on Nasus. Would it work with his ultimate, as the damage-every-second procs it and the enemy is continually slowed, or would it not work? If it does, it could be a nice component of a slow-lock thing(go in, Spirit Fire, Q, Wither...).

It could be an interesting item, especially on a Nasus tanky enough to rush into the enemy team. Two spells, and the entire enemy team is slowed(albeit for only 1.5 seconds, but...).
    It's not a terrible idea, but it doesn't fit Nasus. Nasus says "I'm going to walk up and wail on your carry until she dies, and y'all can just sit there and watch." He deals with one person at a time. And between Wither and Phage/Trinity, he has more than enough slows to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I do it with Gatling Gun and bluestart. The ArPen relieves your runes which increases your damage immensely.
    I'm surprised you do it at all...I don't know what is really accomplished by a jungle Corki, to be frank.

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I'm surprised you do it at all...I don't know what is really accomplished by a jungle Corki, to be frank.
    I jungle champs for the sake of jungling champs.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, exactly.
    For a solo I like the rule of 100 in the first 15 minutes then 100 for every 10 minutes after (bear in mind the first 15 minutes actually ends at 16:50-ish, because the minions take until about 1:50 to get to lane)

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I don't know why people still ban Morgana when Zilean (among others) counters her so hard.
    I don't know why people still ban Morgana at all. I have a friend who's played about as many games as I have and he's very technically skilled, but he doesn't do counter play at all. Example: they have a Morgana, I say "okay they have Morgana, grab a QSS or a BVeil, or if you're a bit tankier, maybe just some extra MR". He doesn't get any of that then proceeds to claim Morgana's OP. "Oh, they keep exhausting me" "Get a QSS" *he dies* "Exhaust is such BS"
    Endgame build: no QSS

gahhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I jungle champs for the sake of jungling champs.
    Why jungle Lee Sin when you could jungle Thee Singed?
    (I agree with you 100%, I find it really interesting to work out how to jungle champions properly)

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post

Here's a fun fact for you. AP Nasus is actually relatively viable. A little squishier than the standard Triforce > Straight Tank build, but much more damage with the extra %health, the extra Spirit Fire damage and the Lich Bane procs on your Siphoning Strike (remember you can farm it up too). When I play AP Nasus, I typically grab myself a Rylai's after Hat > Lich Bane and it's wonderful.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-10-23 at 06:29 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Here's a fun fact for you. AP Nasus is actually relatively viable. A little squishier than the standard Triforce > Straight Tank build, but much more damage with the extra %health, the extra Spirit Fire damage and the Lich Bane procs on your Siphoning Strike (remember you can farm it up too). When I play AP Nasus, I typically grab myself a Rylai's after Hat > Lich Bane and it's wonderful.
    AP Nasus is what I use if I get him in ARAM. Makes Spirit Fire hurt a bit more. And since somebody has Will anyways, it's free healing. While standard build probably won't get in there that easily.

24. - Top - End - #354

How does ARAM work now that gold per second got the heck nerfed out of it. Presumably you still get one Philo Stone, but what then?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #355

How does ARAM work now that gold per second got the heck nerfed out of it. Presumably you still get one Philo Stone, but what then?
    I always get all 4 *shrug* Dunno how it's supposed to work, tho.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I count 89 words. Pity. (Counting Hyphened-words as 2 but not counting the soap box and signature.)
    I used to post with pictures, which is why I'm getting a name change. Reminds me, I need to draw a Katarina avatar.
    I am impressed you took the time to count though.

~

27. - Top - End - #357

AP Nasus does more damage per second than Tri-tank Nasus, but I don't think it'll do more over the course of a fight. Being invincible lets you land a lot of Qs over the course of a battle, whereas AP Nasus is more likely to die before accomplishing as much.

Also, Tri-tank Nasus is great for cleaning up. Everyone is in that lovely 1-shot range for your Q

28. - Top - End - #358

whereas AP Nasus is more likely to die before accomplishing as much.
    Only if you have bad positioning. Otherwise Triforce Tank Kennen would be better than AP Kennen (it's not, I've tried it, it's good but not as good).
    BANG → !

29. - Top - End - #359

Also, Tri-tank Nasus is great for cleaning up. Everyone is in that lovely 1-shot range for your Q
    Uh, Lich Bane?
    Also known as Jarbis

30. - Top - End - #360

Only if you have bad positioning. Otherwise Triforce Tank Kennen would be better than AP Kennen (it's not, I've tried it, it's good but not as good).
    Well, a huge part of AP Nasus' damage comes from walking into the middle of the enemy team and standing there. I don't see much survivability there.

Quote Originally Posted by Makensha View Post
    Uh, Lich Bane?
    AP Nasus can do it too, but Tri-tank Nasus does it with no possible chance of people turning around and killing him, because he just won't die.