New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Well, you can report someone for Unskilled Player...
    And it specifically says that it results in only ELO changes and never bans
    (that said I've heard tell that they just throw all those reports away)
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    And it specifically says that it results in only ELO changes and never bans
    (that said I've heard tell that they just throw all those reports away)
    Wait, does it actually change their ELO? Never heard that part. I just assumed it was one of those dummy (placebo) report options to give the average user the illusion of the system working as intended...

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, you can report someone for Unskilled Player...
    And yet, I have never seen that reason in any tribunal cases. Go figure.

Edit: I have never heard the part about it changing elo either.
    Last edited by Dada; 2011-10-28 at 10:52 AM.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

4. - Top - End - #754

It actually says if you mouse over the report option "This is not a banning offense but may result in ELO changes" or something similar.

I still think they throw 'em away though.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

5. - Top - End - #755
    Colossus in the Playground

Shushei playing his Special Ashe Build (The Brutalizer > CDR Boots > Sword of the Occult; 100% win rate in 4 ranked games thus far)

He has Snoopeh and Oce on his team too. This is hilarious.

EDIT: Manamune next!

EDIT#2: K, Phantom Dancer next. Also, they got Baron. Start taking notes.

EDIT#3: Then get IE and sell Brutalizer for the BT. Boring.

EDIT#4: And get 20 stacks of SotO 'cause you're Shushei. 462 AD before BT and Manamune fully stacked.

EDIT#5: And then lose 'cause your top gets pushed down and enemy succeeds on a BD. GG.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-28 at 12:05 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

^ That was madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Only stacking mobility boots is really a "crime" here, as Dada said. Selling your items at the end is something people do for a laugh and if they have a proper build up 'til that point then they're not really trolling. Regen pendant actually seems like a solid start on Orianna (not as good as boots), and I don't play much Olaf, but I know that Flak really likes getting Sheen on him and I can sorta see why. You do tons of casting and it gives you a slightly larger mana pool.

This needs to be in a little box you have to read before you can report someone.
    Well, it's in a big box you have to read before you can judge Tribunal cases. Close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by potatocubed View Post
    Interesting. "We've created a game mode that's completely different to the base game mode, but we've decided it's too different so we're making it more the same."
    Meh, the free late game on late-game champions is getting to be a bit much.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-10-28 at 12:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Shushei playing his Special Ashe Build (The Brutalizer > CDR Boots > Sword of the Occult; 100% win rate in 4 ranked games thus far)

He has Snoopeh and Oce on his team too. This is hilarious.

EDIT: Manamune next!

EDIT#2: K, Phantom Dancer next. Also, they got Baron. Start taking notes.

EDIT#3: Then get IE and sell Brutalizer for the BT. Boring.

EDIT#4: And get 20 stacks of SotO 'cause you're Shushei. 462 AD before BT and Manamune fully stacked.

EDIT#5: And then lose 'cause your top gets pushed down and enemy succeeds on a BD. GG.
    Yeah, that last bit was kind of sad to watch. That said, awesome Ashe.

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe watching some high elo streams could help me learn some things on how to play. Any players who are particularly good at playing in a way that is educational to the viewers?
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-10-28 at 12:10 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Actually, now that I think of it, maybe watching some high elo streams could help me learn some things on how to play. Any players who are particularly good at playing in a way that is educational to the viewers?
    Hotshot and Rainman can teach you how to raeg like a pro. I guess that's a useful skill?

9. - Top - End - #759

Eh, "playing in a way that is educational"; well, obviously every high ELO player knows their own role inside out and is well-versed in game mechanics in general. You'll learn a lot by just watching anyone playing a role you're interested in (as long as you don't tune in for Drunkvicious, Trollshot or these other periodical anomalies; while extremely amusing, they're far less educational).

That said, some people do try to do commentary on their own play and why they do what they do, but this has gotten more rare lately. Like, e.g. Roku & Eski used to do it and Bob still does but the actual top players generally seem to do it less (tho they often explain some particular plays and why they think what they think when they e.g. complain about another player).

Probably tho, picking any player from any of the top teams (Fnatic, Epik, CLG, TSM, SK, Dignitas, what-have-you; they all stream, pretty much) will probably be useful tho Dyrus or TheRainMan will obviously subject you to gratuitous amounts of trolling. Just try and do analysis and small pickups on the play itself if there's no commentary.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-28 at 12:16 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Hotshot and Rainman can teach you how to raeg like a pro. I guess that's a useful skill?
    To be completely honest, except when Rainman is obviously really, really drunk, I find watching him solo top somewhat educational. He does rage, and he does blame teammates, but at the same time, he also is really funny to watch and really knows a few heroes inside and out (see: teemo).

I've never seen Hotshot do anything but troll on his stream. "I died, but it took them 2 minutes to chase me through their jungle. K. Worth it."

Guardsman Bob has interesting commentary. Xpecial seems to have commentated a little when I was watching him yesterday. Saint gives commentary in a trolly sort of way. Dyrus is never anything but full troll mode, except when he scrims. I think Dan Dinh tries to be useful. Supposedly Salce has good commentary.

I mostly watch Rainman though, because his screams are funny.

11. - Top - End - #761

Impatience rising. Must see patch preview.

Seriously, I have never been so pumped to see what is going to be in a patch (that said, no clue on the patch itself.)

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno. Personally, I've found that I don't really learn that much from watching the streams. It's just a good way for me to see awesome plays, or watch cool players do awesome and/or fun things. I learn a lot more from just chatting with high ELO players, and also playing games with them.

Also, not every high ELO player knows what they're doing in every role, or are very good at it either. By the definition of math proofs, there exists at least one player with a top rating over 2300 who I know can't play supports properly because he's so focused on going for the carry... as Janna or something.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I dunno. Personally, I've found that I don't really learn that much from watching the streams. It's just a good way for me to see awesome plays, or watch cool players do awesome and/or fun things. I learn a lot more from just chatting with high ELO players, and also playing games with them.

Also, not every high ELO player knows what they're doing in every role, or are very good at it either. By the definition of math proofs, there exists at least one player with a top rating over 2300 who I know can't play supports properly because he's so focused on going for the carry... as Janna or something.
    In general just watching streams isn't a good idea if you want learn. Watching scrims, listening to teams argue over what went wrong/what to pick and ban, etc, THATS the real meat.

edit: Finally got around to learning Irelia. Tried the Triforce build, didn't like it so much. So today in ranked I tried a different build, I did the usual double gold/10 first, then I got a Wits End. I would have rushed a Frozen Mallet afterwards, but instead I got a Bveil because the enemy Annie was fed and I was laning against a Chogath with a Haunting Guise (real annoying). I then got Atmas and Randouins. I also took all the red buffs because I didnt trust our triforce rushing Kog'maw.

I think I like the idea of getting Wits End/Frozen Mallet/Atmas over Triforce/FoN. I also have a strange fear that the longer I play this game the more likely I'm going to turn into some strange lovechild of HSGG, Wickd and therainman.
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-10-28 at 02:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764

Umm, "by definition of math proofs"? Any such math proof could only possibly apply to infinite groups and I'm fairly sure "people with top rating over 2300" is a very finite group.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Banned

Ok, so first pick Irelia who doesn't ban Akali and doesn't know how to lane against Akali...and last pick who rages at Irelia starting 40 seconds into champ select and then goes Warmog's Sion in duo bot, taking CS from our Vayne. Oh well. Solo queue ranked, business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    To be completely honest, except when Rainman is obviously really, really drunk, I find watching him solo top somewhat educational. He does rage, and he does blame teammates, but at the same time, he also is really funny to watch and really knows a few heroes inside and out (see: teemo).

I've never seen Hotshot do anything but troll on his stream. "I died, but it took them 2 minutes to chase me through their jungle. K. Worth it."

Guardsman Bob has interesting commentary. Xpecial seems to have commentated a little when I was watching him yesterday. Saint gives commentary in a trolly sort of way. Dyrus is never anything but full troll mode, except when he scrims. I think Dan Dinh tries to be useful. Supposedly Salce has good commentary.

I mostly watch Rainman though, because his screams are funny.
    Hotshot was more interesting when he played his mains in solo queue. I used to watch GBob, but his games are all the same and he rarely makes interesting plays. When I want to learn, I try to grab a LoCicero stream because Salce and Eski and Roku aren't on often enough.

Eld already said it, but math doesn't work like that.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-10-28 at 03:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Ok, so first pick Irelia who doesn't ban Akali and doesn't know how to lane against Akali...and last pick who rages at Irelia starting 40 seconds into champ select and then goes Warmog's Sion in duo bot, taking CS from our Vayne. Oh well. Solo queue ranked, business as usual.
    You should duo with me so that our chance of feeders is less. Today I played with a kog'maw who A) tried to get Fortify (our Galio went support and grabbed it instead of CV ) B) rushed Triforce C) gave up firstblood in like 30 seconds.

Luckily our Kennen was really smart and I got to free farm top for a long time.

edit: Why I hate Morgna If anyone is interested.
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-10-28 at 05:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So I tried jungle Kayle with 1/19/10 masteries. I liked it better than the 9/0/21 I'd been running, but I think I'll have to invest in more CDR and movespeed in my items...

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Level 30 Karthus.. Had Soulstealer to start. Ended up with just under 900 ap. I laned mid against him. Only died once mid and asked for a gank that got him killed.

He got 4 quadra kills from his ultimate. Only got me once though. I died from just standing in defile, which I needed to do to just hit him. Was basically, Tibbers stun, QW ignite, run. Probably have to flash out of defile not to die.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

Tankwick is still awesome on 3v3. Even against Xin Zhao with 12 kills against a squishy Lux.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    You should duo with me so that our chance of feeders is less. Today I played with a kog'maw who A) tried to get Fortify (our Galio went support and grabbed it instead of CV ) B) rushed Triforce C) gave up firstblood in like 30 seconds.

Luckily our Kennen was really smart and I got to free farm top for a long time.

edit: Why I hate Morgna If anyone is interested.
    I don't hate Morgana's shield. Remember how it used to be? Unbreakable? Yeah. Also, since it doesn't stop physical damage, I'm fine with it stopping physical-based CC. Talon destroys her in lane (if she can Shield fast enough and accurately enough to consistently stop his blink-silence, she deserves to win), as does Urgot, as do many ranged carries (at least pre-6). Zilean's bombs beat her shield and her spellvamp, and his E stops her Q. There are other counters.

But I'll still duo with you, sure.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-10-28 at 06:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771

Blitzcrank on dominion is not half bad. You do gotta have at least one partner on mumble to make it work but if you do then you can grab people defending points and usually CC them to death.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Umm, "by definition of math proofs"? Any such math proof could only possibly apply to infinite groups and I'm fairly sure "people with top rating over 2300" is a very finite group.
    Not necessarily, but it was meant to be a joke.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Blitzcrank on dominion is not half bad. You do gotta have at least one partner on mumble to make it work but if you do then you can grab people defending points and usually CC them to death.
    Actually, I'm convinced he's one of the better AD champions. Inherent speed boost, surprisingly tanky with his passive, a good duelist and a good chaser.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Actually, I'm convinced he's one of the better AD champions. Inherent speed boost, surprisingly tanky with his passive, a good duelist and a good chaser.
    Renekton is best AD.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fera Tian View Post
    Renekton is best AD.
    Twitch is better.

ANYWAY

Today after a few games of LoL I discovered why Pro gamers are where they are. Performance enhancing drugs. With that knowledge I have devised a way to escalate the ELO ladder rapidly (When I'm level 30 atleast)

1. Inject self with rabies
    2a. Play Sona
    2b. Fuse the Xbox Kinect with a Computer and play Feral Warwick

Either option works.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Well on dominion it is kinda pointless to go manamune due to the lack of time required to charge it up. Therefore going early trinity force into damage items can be effective.

Although he builds like an AD carry on dominion, playing him like one will get you killed. Due to his massive weakness to CC I find it is better to be a point defender or being part of a group point assault rather then a roamer trying to find heroes to kill.

27. - Top - End - #777

So, yeah, patch preview.

Graves... whatever. I can tell I am the only one who does not find him broken, and I will stand by this. Although his passive falling off faster may not be a bad idea, as it will at least make it less apparent in lane, the only phase I even remotely see need to tone him down.

Wukong bugfixes and buffs. Won't say no to that.

Olaf... please tell me there is more. Because, as it stands, this is barely qualifying as a buff. Losing duration sucks, and the cleanse effect? Funny thing, with Olaf, its not hard to prep it and go to town before anything starts, thus making it a needless addition. They said major brick-crapping worthy levels of buff, so I can only assume they mentioned this specifically because it is mechanically different.

Shaco getting more everything. Except I heard lower damage on boxes, with shorter arming and longer range. I'll actually hand it to them, I think that will work. The fact is, the boxes are just this stupid trick that nonetheless can be all too easy to fall for and die to. That makes it niche yet broken all at once. This change hopefully means helping to erase both.

Still want more on Shyvana, though. Also, dragon's blood renamed to fury because, face it, even if it is used for a specific mechanic different from Renekton or Tryndamere, it is, in fact, fury in form.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778

So, yeah, patch preview.

Graves... whatever. I can tell I am the only one who does not find him broken, and I will stand by this. Although his passive falling off faster may not be a bad idea, as it will at least make it less apparent in lane, the only phase I even remotely see need to tone him down.\
    I agree completely.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I agree completely.
    Oh cool, I'm not alone in my thinking. Sadly, given it is Djinn, I still can't be sure if I'm crazy or not.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780

Graves... whatever. I can tell I am the only one who does not find him broken, and I will stand by this. Although his passive falling off faster may not be a bad idea, as it will at least make it less apparent in lane, the only phase I even remotely see need to tone him down.
    The Graves problem is that he is 70% Caitlyn, 70% Tristana, and he also has Garen's W passive, a (REALLY) mini Nocturne ult combined with MF's Make It Rain, except instant damage instead of overtime.

Remember when Nocturne came out? He scaled almost as well with AA as Master Yi, but also had a bunch of base ability damage and scaling. And a fear. And built in healing. Same kind of problem.
    Last edited by Makensha; 2011-10-28 at 10:09 PM.
    Also known as Jarbis