New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C889

Ur-Priests are people who reject magic and use that rejection in order to cast evil atheist spells. The ur-mage equivalent would be someone who denies arcane magic and uses that denial to fuel arcane magic... which really doesn't speak to the idea of a warlock.

Did you perhaps mean an arcane mage-killer?
    C889

I think more of an anti-magic-mage-mage-killer, whose requirements can be fit by a warlock.
    Despite everything, its still me.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

R 890

I would like a humanoid plant race for Pathfinder. Like Oaklings, but not brokenly OP.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

R891

Warforged racial substitution levels for tome of battle classes....or at least crusader.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

does anybody actully stat up these requests anymore...
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Doesnt look like.

Thats a shame, id really love to play as an Ur-Mage...

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

See, I'd help but I dont have ToB MoI whatever book warlocks r from whatever books ur priest is from etc etc :P
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

H886

The Psychic Rager

Through anger, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|PP|Power Learned
    1|1|2|0|0|Psionic Fury, Illiteracy|3|Simple Rage
    2|2|3|0|0||4|From PsiWar List lvl = 1
    3|3|3|1|1|Uncanny Dodge|5|From PsiWar, Egoist or Nomad List lvl = 1
    4|4|4|1|1||6|From any List lvl = 1
    5|5|4|1|1||7|Whirling Frenzy
    6|6|5|2|2||8|From PsiWar List lvl <=2
    7|7|5|2|2|Improved Uncanny Dodge|9|From PsiWar, Egoist or Nomad List lvl <=2
    8|8|6|2|2||11|From any List lvl <=2
    9|9|6|3|3||13|Greater Rage
    10|10|7|3|3||15|From PsiWar List lvl <=3
    11|11|7|3|3|Superior Quicken Power|17|From PsiWar, Egoist or Nomad List lvl <=3
    12|12|8|4|4||20|From any List lvl <=3
    13|13|8|4|4||23|Greater Frenzy
    14|14|9|4|4||26|From PsiWar List lvl <=4
    15|15|9|5|5|Tireless Fury|29|From PsiWar, Egoist or Nomad List lvl <=4
    16|16|10|5|5||32|From any List lvl <=4
    17|17|10|5|5||35|Mighty Rage
    18|18|11|6|6||39|From PsiWar List lvl <=5
    19|19|11|6|6|Overfury|43|From PsiWar, Egoist or Nomad List lvl <=5
    20|20|12|6|6|Pain's Fury|47|From any List lvl <=5[/table]
    Hit die: d12
    Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(psionics), Survival, Swim
    Skills: 2+int
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A psychic rager is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Psionic Fury: So long as a psychic rager has power points remaining and is not fatigued, he can enter a psionic fury. The fury lasts 5+con mod rounds or until he goes 2 rounds without using psionics (either manifesting a power or continuing a power that was manifested previously). It is only during a fury that he can manifest psionic powers. During a fury, he cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or manifest powers except those from this class, or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. At the end of his fury, a rager is fatigued for five minutes. Rager manifesting is charisma-based.

Illiteracy(ex): as barbarian

Uncanny Dodge(ex): as barbarian

Improved Uncanny Dodge(ex): as barbarian

Superior Quicken Power(ps): A rager can manifest a power he knows as a swift action for only 3 additional power points without needing psionic focus.

Tireless Fury(ex): A rager is no longer fatigued after a fury.

Overfury(su): Once per day, a rager in a fury may increase his anger to burning levels. His manifester lever increases by 2, and he gains a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage. However, he and anyone within 10 feet of him take 3d6 fire damage every round. The overfury lasts as long as the overall fury does.

Pain's Fury(su): A rager at the peak of his powers can channel pain into useful anger. Whenever he takes 10 points of damage, he gains one power point. He cannot gain points above his usual maximum.

Rager-Specific Powers:

Simple Rage
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psichic Rager 2
    Display: Auditory
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Power Points: 3

Gain a +4 morale bonus to strength and constitution and a +2 morale bonus to will saves.

Special: a Psychic Rager can manifest this even if his manifester level is less than 3.

Whirling Frenzy
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psichic Rager 2
    Power Points: 3

Gain a +4 morale bonus to strength and a +2 dodge bonus to AC. You may make one extra attack at your highest bonus as part of a full attack, but if you do you take a -2 penalty on all attacks that round.

Greater Rage
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psichic Rager 3
    Power Points: 5

Gain a +6 morale bonus to strength and constitution and a +3 morale bonus to will saves.

Greater Frenzy
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psichic Rager 4
    Power Points: 7

Gain a +6 morale bonus to strength and a +4 dodge bonus to AC. You may make two extra attacks at your highest bonus as part of a full attack. You gain a +20 enhancement bonus to all your speeds.

Mighty Rage
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psichic Rager 5
    Power Points: 9

Gain a +10 morale bonus to strength and constitution and a +5 morale bonus to will saves.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2013-04-15 at 12:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Chill, guys. This is volunteer-based, done in the free time that people have remaining from their free time for D&D which comes out of their free time they spend on everything else. If you really want an Ur-Mage/facehugger/whatever in your game it is entirely within your power to write such a thing and put it up for critique in a thread on the homebrew boards.

People come here if they're bored and want to write something but don't have inspiration. Alien facehuggers and a run-of-the-mill warlock antimages don't interest me the way a dinosaur vestige or zombie knights do, so there's no impetus to write them up

9. - Top - End - #579

In the interest of things not getting dropped, here are the recent unfullfilled requests. And, on the off chance someone cares, why I haven't done any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    R880
    A variant fey that changes it's characteristics by it's environment.

Where a dryad is a nature-spirit that is specifically for forests, and... Well, there must be something for ponds and streams and swamps and deserts but I can't think of it...

Anyway, this would be similar to each when in is environment, but would change to go toa different one.
    This one I just don't have any good ideas for.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    R 882
    I would like "The Crawling Spleen" which I believe is from the cartoon "Angry Beavers". Someone requested it to round out my Organ Undead, but I know nothing about that cartoon.

I can modify it to work, but I need a starting point. This means you don't need to be familiar with my organ undead.

Doesn't have to be undead if that doesn't fit the episode in question.
    Haven't seen "Angry Beavers"

Quote Originally Posted by eddiedrizzt View Post
    R884

ok im looking for a crossbreed drow/dwarf for both dnd 3.5 and dnd 4e i have tryed making it myself but cant do it right as im still learning the newer rule sets as the last time i played was 10-15 years ago
    I find breweing low-la races fairly boring: there's just not that much you can do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by raxxar View Post
    R885

i am looking for a class at can wield three weapons like Roronoa Zoro from one piece . so i turn too you fine people with hope that someone can figure out how to make this work!
    I don't know who Roronoa Zoro is.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordnet View Post
    R887

I'd like to see something inspired by the Evil Clouds/Fog/Mists from DF. I'm thinking of a sort of demon vapor which possesses people. Getting it out of someone without killing them would be extremely difficult, and impossible after a while as the mist eats its host's soul or something. A possessed creature (called a "thrall") would count as "Undead" for most purposes, except maybe both positive and negative energy heal it. When not possessing a creature, it would be hard to pick apart from regular mist, but still not too difficult to avoid if one is wary (and not cornered or held down). Killing a host body would weaken it, but destroying it permanently would require divine magic damage or a special ceremonial weapon of some sort.

I don't care too much about which system it's for, (would prefer 3.5 though) mainly I just want to see it done.
    I don't know DF.

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    R889

Hello.
    I just thought of a cool concept:
    A prestige class for warlocks that is basically an arcane ur-priest (ur-Mage)
    I would be very happy if someone made this class.
    Thanks in advance.
    This one I don't understand. In what way could an arcane class resemble ur-priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    R 890

I would like a humanoid plant race for Pathfinder. Like Oaklings, but not brokenly OP.
    I find breweing low-la races fairly boring: there's just not that much you can do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    R891

Warforged racial substitution levels for tome of battle classes....or at least crusader.
    Another I just don't have any good ideas for.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    R 890

HB 890
    Ognirr
    +2 Con, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha
    Medium: Ognirr have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
    Normal Speed: Ognirr move at base speed of 30 feet.
    Plant Traits: A plant creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
    •Low-light vision.
    •Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    •Immunity to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
    •Proficient with its natural weapons only.
    •Not proficient with armor.
    •Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep

Thorn Shot (Ex): Ognirr have a natural unarmed ranged attack that deals 1d4 peircing damage, and is considered a thrown weapon with a range increment of 15 feet. This increases by 1d4 every 4th level.

Natural attack: An Ognirr's natural attack does 2d4 points of bludgeoning and piercing damage. An Ogrinn gets 2 natural pummel attacks.

Natrual Armor Bonus +2, his increases by +1 at every 5th level.

Plant Rest (Ex): Ognirr resting in suitable earth with leaves exposed to the air gains fast healing 2. An Ognirr is awake during this time, as they do not sleep.

Fire Suseptability (Ex): Ognirr take 1 extra point of damage per die from fire-based attacks.

Plant Speech (Ex): Ognirr operate as though permanately under the effects of a speak with plants spell

Poisonous Sap(Ex): An Ogirr's 'blood' is an ingested poison. Any creature that scores a bite attack on the Ognirr is treated as ingesting the poison, taking an initial 1d2 Constitution damage and 1d2 damage a minute later as secondary damage. The Fortitude save DC is 10 + the Ognirr's Constitution modifier + ― the Ognirr's HD.

Ognirr are only proficient with their natural weapons and no armor, unlike most races an Ognirr must spend a feat to acuire proficieny with an armor, not just by taking a class.

Favored Class: Druid

Im leaving the lore up to you as its your world.
    Last edited by ngilop; 2013-04-15 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelt ognirr two different ways LOL

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

R892:

I am designing a back-up PC for a campaign in the Faerun setting that is going to be a Shadowcaster/Swordsage focused on Shadow Hand/Mystery "gishing". Could someone please build a Shadow Hand/Shadowcaster PrC that utilizes both the crunch and fluff of both to exemplify the "Walker of the Dark Path" without an evil alignment?
    Current Avatar:
    Captain Roy Valiant by Lord Fullbladder

Former Avatars:
    Deepwyrm Drow Warblade by gurgleflep
    Kakashi Avatar by Dispozition
    Draenei Spellbreaker by KaptainKrutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    Cleric: Right, I cast Infict Serious Wounds on that guy.
    DM: Sorry, you kissed too many babies this week, you heal him instead
    Cleric: Quick! Someone find me a dog to kick

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Throwing anti-mage out there. This is probably Tier +2, so some fat should be cut.

H889

Anti-Mage

Prereq:
    • Magebane Blast
    • Arcane caster level 5
    • The ability to use detect magic as a spell or spell-like ability

Saves: All good
    Hit dice: d6
    BAB: Poor
    Arcane caster level: +1 per class level

1. Resilience: SR 6+HD

2. Weave Render: You gain the weave render eldritch essence. Wherever an EB successfully lands, target must make concentration check (DC 15+antimagelvl+Cha+spell level) to cast spells for 1r/lvl

3. More than Magic: All spell-like abilities are supernatural abilities. Among other things, this means that your invocations do not provoke attacks of opportunity (though they still require somatic components) and are not subject to spell resistance.

4. Magedrain: You gain the magedrain eldritch essence. Wherever EB lands, targets within close range lose CL equal to ― lvl for 1 hour. Will Save reduces this to the weave render effect.

5. Furious Resilience: SR improved to 10+HD

6. Weave Drain: You gain the weave drain eldritch essence. Wherever EB lands, treat the target as the center of an antimagic field (1 round per level) effect and immobilize them (1 round). Will reduces the antimagic field to a magedrain effect, and a Fortitude removes the immobilization.

7. Weave Breaker: DCs of spells and SLAs (and the to-hit bonus for touch attacks) are reduced by ― antimage level for targets within close range (friend or foe). You can suppress this as a swift action, but it can only be suppressed two rounds at a time. Opponents may make a spellcraft check (DC 17) to learn the exact effect (though they might figure it through other means). The world around you gets wavy, the way air looks on a hot day, and the area around you feels stifling, so enemies always know whether the aura is active or suppressed.

8. Malicious Consumption: You gain the malicious consumption eldritch essence. For 1r after being hit by the blast, target must beat caster level check (DC 10 + 2xantimage level) to cast any spells or else they fail and are absorbed. You get spell for 1 round at the beginning of your turn, can cast it with normal cast time or full-round action (whichever is shorter), then lose it. If you use the spell, they lose whatever slot they had to cast it. If you don’t use it, they keep the slot.

9. Total Defiance: All supernatural abilities become extraordinary. This is good, because your next level is...

10. Antimagic Aura: You exude an antimagic field. You enlarge this as per the metamagic feat if you wish (this does not require the feat). You can suppress this as a swift action, but it can only be suppressed two rounds at a time. Opponents may make a spellcraft check (DC 17) to learn the exact effect (though they might figure it through other means). The world around you gets wavy, the way air looks on a hot day, and the area around you feels stifling, so enemies always know whether the aura is active or suppressed.

Magebane Blast
    Lesser; 3rd; eldritch essence

This changes your eldritch blast to a magebane blast. Any target hit by the attack must make a will save or be subject to the effects of a targeted greater dispel magic.

You may also use a magebane blast to counterspell as per greater dispel magic, but you deal no damage with the magebane blast as a result.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-04-16 at 08:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Throwing anti-mage out there. This is probably Tier +2, so some fat should be cut.

H889

Anti-Mage

Prereq:
    • Magebane Blast
    • Arcane caster level 5
    • The ability to use detect magic as a spell or spell-like ability

Saves: All good
    Hit dice: d6
    BAB: Poor
    Arcane caster level: +1 per class level

1. Resilience: SR 6+HD

2. Weave Render: You gain the weave render eldritch essence. Wherever an EB successfully lands, target must make concentration check (DC 15+antimagelvl+Cha+spell level) to cast spells for 1r/lvl

3. More than Magic: All spell-like abilities are supernatural abilities. Among other things, this means that your invocations do not provoke attacks of opportunity (though they still require somatic components) and are not subject to spell resistance.

4. Magedrain: You gain the magedrain eldritch essence. Wherever EB lands, targets within close range lose CL equal to ― lvl for 1 hour. Will Save reduces this to the weave render effect.

5. Furious Resilience: SR improved to 10+HD

6. Weave Drain: You gain the weave drain eldritch essence. Wherever EB lands, treat the target as the center of an antimagic field effect and immobilize them. Will reduces the antimagic field to a magedrain effect, and a Fortitude removes the immobilization. A bit too harsh isn't it? Makes the target a sitting duck.

7. Weave Breaker: DCs of spells and SLAs (and the to-hit bonus for touch attacks) are reduced by ― antimage level for targets within close range (friend or foe). You can suppress this as a swift action, but it can only be suppressed two rounds at a time. Opponents may make a spellcraft check (DC 17) to learn the exact effect (though they might figure it through other means). The world around you gets wavy, the way air looks on a hot day, and the area around you feels stifling, so enemies always know whether the aura is active or suppressed.

8. Malicious Consumption: You gain the malicious consumption eldritch essence. For 1r after being hit by the blast, target must beat caster level check (DC 10 + 2xantimage level) to cast any spells or else they fail and are absorbed. You get spell for 1 round at the beginning of your turn, can cast it with normal cast time or full-round action (whichever is shorter), then lose it. If you use the spell, they lose whatever slot they had to cast it. If you don’t use it, they keep the slot. Like steal spell like ability with a save,and only for spells.

9. Total Defiance: All supernatural abilities become extraordinary. This is good, because your next level is...

10. Antimagic Aura: You exude an antimagic field. You enlarge this as per the metamagic feat if you wish (this does not require the feat). Maybe have an ability to break this anti magic field for a use of disjunction?

Magebane Blast
    Lesser; 3rd; eldritch essence

This changes your eldritch blast to a magebane blast. Any target hit by the attack must make a will save or be subject to the effects of a targeted greater dispel magic.

You may also use a magebane blast to counterspell as per greater dispel magic, but you deal no damage with the magebane blast as a result.
    C889
    Specific comments in bold.

Overall this is an awesome class, and why not make it a tier 1 with spellcasting advancment like the Ur-priest but with arcane spells?
    Just a small amount, nothing grandiose.
    Half the spell slots of a wizard without ability bonus spells that are not affected by magic items?
    Maybe some of the class feuteres will get cut to balance.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

R893

A player of mine was asking to see if I could make a ToB class with a sneak attack progression, but I've found out I'm horrible at homebrewing. The gist is a Rogueish-ninja character, similar to the swordsage in a way, except less martial study focussed and more stealth oriented (so perhaps fewer potential maneuvers and stances). Thanks for your help!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

H893

It's not one of my own, but Sir Percival has got some bangin' stuff, Man. For example: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253366

Peace; and chicken grease!
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    C889
    Specific comments in bold.

Overall this is an awesome class, and why not make it a tier 1 with spellcasting advancment like the Ur-priest but with arcane spells?
    Just a small amount, nothing grandiose.
    Half the spell slots of a wizard without ability bonus spells that are not affected by magic items?
    Maybe some of the class feuteres will get cut to balance.
    C889
    Responses:
    Weave Drain: Well, this follows in a similar line to phantasmal assailant. If they make the fortitude save, they're just going to move 10' (though they have to take more than a 5-foot step, so attacks of opportunity for the melee guy!). If they make the will save, they're immobilized and don't care because they can cast solid fog on you and make you cry. Thus, a target that makes either of the saves or dodges the eldritch blast will ignore the antimage-ness of the effect more or less completely. It should be fine as-is, but I've noticed there's no duration, so I'm making the antimagic field 1r/lvl and the immobilize 1r.

Malicious Consumption: I figured there was some text for this somewhere like the spellthief, but I had a good idea and didn't want to lose it. Is this like a spellthief ability or something?

Antimagic Aura Suppression: While the ability is supernatural or extraordinary, it is still an antimagic field, so mage's disjunction will affect it normally (1% chance per caster level)

Hm, I could swear I had text in there for voluntarily suppressing your antimagic aura... I'll write it in now.

Spell Progression: The Ur-Priest's casting progression isn't something I aspire to write. Like the blighter, the ur-priest is incredibly weak at low levels, becomes competitive past the point most people play to (~10-ish), and then quickly becomes broken before hitting the level cap. It's just not good design.

I added the +1 arcane caster level progression because it improves the warlock's caster level and eldritch blast, but the entry requirements are so high (need lesser invocations--so warlock 6) that no spellcaster would actually take it.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-04-17 at 08:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CardCaptor View Post
    R893

A player of mine was asking to see if I could make a ToB class with a sneak attack progression, but I've found out I'm horrible at homebrewing. The gist is a Rogueish-ninja character, similar to the swordsage in a way, except less martial study focussed and more stealth oriented (so perhaps fewer potential maneuvers and stances). Thanks for your help!
    H 893
    The rogue is actually weak compared to ToB classes, so if you're looking to make something on par with the warblade or a well-played swordsage, switch sneak attack to even levels and move accessed abilities from even levels to the one below them, and then give the rogue access to all maneuvers and stances from any one martial discipline (no recovery mechanic) and hand them Adaptive Style as a bonus feat at level 1.

The problems that arise with this system are:
    • Evasion is now a 1-level dip, but it comes with a d6 hit die and only one good save, so I wouldn't be too worried.
    • Shadow Hand is kind of an awesome discipline, and assassin's stance stacks with rogue-granted sneak attack, so all Shadow Hand Rogues will end up strong as hell.

Good things about it:
    • Easy to write, no need for a new class
    • You can pop custom disciplines in there
    • The rogue has no dead levels!
    • You can't dip out of rogue (like into swashbuckler with Daring Outlaw) if you want to keep the benefits coming
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-04-16 at 08:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    R892:

I am designing a back-up PC for a campaign in the Faerun setting that is going to be a Shadowcaster/Swordsage focused on Shadow Hand/Mystery "gishing". Could someone please build a Shadow Hand/Shadowcaster PrC that utilizes both the crunch and fluff of both to exemplify the "Walker of the Dark Path" without an evil alignment?
    T-t-t-triple post! I am on a roll.
    H 892

Use the Jade Phoenix Mage (ToB p.114) but replace the following:
    {table]Jade Phoenix Mage|Obsidian Raven Mage
    Jade|Obsidian
    Phoenix|Raven
    Spell (or Arcane Spell)|Mystery
    Desert Wind|Shadow Hand
    Devoted Spirit|Diamond Mind
    DR/Evil|DR overcome by whatever the opposite of your good/evil alignment is (if you are neutral in this spectrum, treat yourself as evil.
    Fire|Cold
    Emerald Immolation|Obsidian Eruption[/table]

Also, give it fullcasting because shadowcasting is really weak.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-04-21 at 09:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589

Goblin

R894
    Pathfinder prestige class for arcane magic users who specifically choose not to neglect their physical attributes and make them dumpstats like many do. Not something like the eldritch knight, who is simply good at fighting, but a mage who spends focus on their physical attributes to somehow help enhance their magic.

Sort of an arcane caster+ "Do you even lift bro?"

The Character in Question
    Spoiler
    Show
    A suli Sorcerer with 18 Strength and Charisma as well as decent Con and Dex 13-14
    Last edited by togapika; 2013-04-17 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Silk-Skull Spiders

R 895 - Silk-Skull Spiders - Psionic Undead

Imagine a rough spider shaped creature crafted from humanoid bones, crystals, silk and drow hair, with long splintered leg bones bound with sinuous silk and hair for spider legs ending in razor-sharp points, covered in tiny white and silver strands. Their bodies are spider-like in form, but feature outward facing skulls, woven ribs and silvery hairs weaving it all together.

Throughout the strands of hairs that tie its body together flows powerful psionic energy, the strands flow through its body as if it was spooled. They seem to flex like muscles and the hairs seem to be filled with static energy. The hairs are so sensitive to movement that the undead seems fully able to hunt invisible creatures down.

Inside of the beasts body moves a single cluster of crystals, that appear to work like eyes, moving freely underneath the multitude of skulls. The crystal cluster seems to peer sinisterly out from behind numerous different skulls, turning this way and that to view all angles of the battlefield from within the twisting strands.

These large undead spiders are dangerous, while not directly venomous, the Silk-Skull's bite or leg attacks carry a deadly curse. Using its long jagged fangs or spear-like legs that are wickedly sharp and filled with cursed marrow, the attacks inflict a terrible fever-like state that causes the victim to begin liquefying, collapsing into unconsciousness from pain before their flesh dissolves into a puddle. The Silk-Skull survives on draining the bloody juices from their liquefying victims, either through their legs or fangs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Im wondering if someone could help me stat out a intelligent and psionic undead spider that drinks its cursed victims. Something tidy, cleans up after itself. im looking for a middle-high to high CR creature with web use, climbing and leaping. Psionic attacks meant to confuse or subdue long enough for them to reach them in melee, where curses and wounds mount. I got many ideas but i want to see what someone with a love for undead/drow/spider stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I want it to be something that is feared above all else. Imagine a trip to the hollows where they dwell as a capital punishment. The crime need not matter, for you got caught. You are taken deep underground and given nothing but a wooden shield and a simple light mace. In this webbed hollow, its like a maze. You are given the knowledge that you will be given the chance to escape to the surface, but only if you "play their game". You are given a last meal that knocks you out and you end up waking inside the hollow.

You find yourself trapped with little means of protection and lost underground. you see the eyes of drow occasionally, from through slits scattered among the twisting passages and hear their muttered taunts and cruel laughter. You are watched as you fight for your life against numerous spiders, including these undead, which guard many of the more lethal areas of the massive maze. If you reach the end you are freed and honored, if you die, you are food. Some game.

Imagine a Colosseum type game, where you are the entertainment and the blessing to the goddess, Dusk.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-20 at 12:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

H894

For me having good physical stats means being willing an able to enter melee. You could simply use the Dragon Disciple PrC from core. As an alternative, how about the following:

Slugger Sorcerer archetype:

Bloodline bonus class skill: Acrobatics (Dex)
    This ability replaces the bloodline bonus class skill of your chosen bloodline.

Bloodline arcana: Forceful Touch (Su)
    When personally delivering a spell that requires a touch attack, you can instead decide to make a regular attack that does no extra damage. You add your Strength modifier to the save DC of the spell. This increase cannot be higher than the level of the spell being cast.
    This ability replaces the bloodline arcana of your chosen bloodline.

Bloodline powers:
    Reserves of Strength (Su): at 3rd level, you can tap into your physical reserve in order to enhance your spellcasting. As a swift action, you can increase your caster level for the next spell you cast by a value equal to your constitution modifier. This increase cannot exceed half your caster level. After you cast the spell (or discharge it, if a touch spell), you must make a fortitude save (DC 15 + the level of the spell being modified) or be dazed for 1 round. If you have immunity to the dazed condition, on a failed save you take 1d6 HP damage per caster level increase instead.

Strength of the Beast (Ex): at 9th level, you gain a +2 inherent bonus to your Strength. This bonus increases to +4 at 13th level, and to +6 at 17th level.

This abilities replaces the bloodline power of your chosen bloodline gained at 3rd and 9th level.

Thoughts? I cannot vouch for balance I'm afraid, but it gives real mechanical advantages for high physical stats.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-04-20 at 05:20 AM.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

H885

Three Katana Fighter (Tkf) archetype

Katana proficiency: Tkf gain the EWP (katana) as a bonus feat at first level. this lets them wield them with one hand.
    This replaces the standard bonus feat gained at 1st level.

Way of the sword: At 2nd level, a Tkf gains a +1 bonus on CMD against sunder and disarm attempts when wielding katanas, as well as saving throws against spell and abilities targetting them. This bonus increase by +1 every 4 levels after the 2nd.
    This ability replaces bravery.

Three katana style:
    At 3rd level, a Tkf can wield a katana in his teeth. It counts as an extra hand for feat prerequisites. If the Tkf already has the two weapon fighting feat, it is automatically converted into the multi weapon fighting feat.
    This replaces armor training 1.

At 7th level, the penalties for multi weapon fighting using three katanas decrease by -1. At 15th, they decrease by an additional -1.
    This replaces armor training 2 and 4.

At 11th level, a Tkf treats katanas as light weapons when fighting with three of them.
    This replaces armor training 3.

Weapon training:As the standard fighter ability, except that it only applies to katanas. The bonus increase by +1 for every four levels after 5th.

Weapon mastery: A Tkf must choose a katana for his weapon mastery ability.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

R 895
    I failed my will save v. Wall of Text, so I'm not sure if I got everything you wanted, but your problem can be solved by "gestalting" two psionic creatures: A lolth-touched phthisic and an intellect devourer. Take the larger of the size, the higher of the ability scores, higher of BAB/saves/etc, combine the special qualities.

To make it undead, recalculate HP based on d12's. The gestalt-beast should have HP 6d8+6(8)=72, so the undead version will have 11d12=71.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

R 895
    I failed my will save v. Wall of Text, so I'm not sure if I got everything you wanted, but your problem can be solved by "gestalting" two psionic creatures: A lolth-touched phthisic and an intellect devourer. Take the larger of the size, the higher of the ability scores, higher of BAB/saves/etc, combine the special qualities.

To make it undead, recalculate HP based on d12's. The gestalt-beast should have HP 6d8+6(8)=72, so the undead version will have 11d12=71.
    sadly only one ability will actually work (blindsense) from those creatures, the rest isnt needed. lolth-touched template will work in part.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-20 at 07:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    sadly only one ability will actually work (blindsense) from those creatures, the rest isnt needed. lolth-touched template will work in part.
    Poison Damage: Phthisic Int-damage (which goes to drain), burn a feat and apply it to a natural weapon. Flavor losing Int as collapsing from pain, and total Int drain causing the target to melt (since the spider eats them anyways, I don't think melting is going to be anything except a definite kill condition)

Eyes and Stuff: Covered by Blindsight.

Climbing and Leaping: Hella strength, 9 ranks in jump/climb.

Psionic attacks: Brain Lock and Id Insinuation.

Scary-ass-killer: Cloud Mind, Dimension Slide, Mental Barrier, Intellect Fortress, Regeneration. It runs up to attack you when you can't detect it at all, and then wails on you and tries to eat your brain. During the fight, you need to beat it's DR 10/(Adamantine and Magic) and get through its Regeneration with fire. If in danger it will use its immediate action force field and teleport to run away, heal back up, and then come kill you again.

Web Use: Lolth-touched.

... waaaaait, does lolth-touched grant web use? I don't actually remember. If not, you could trade several any number of PLAs away for it (ego whip, mental barrier, mind thrust, Body Adjustment, skate from phthisic; ego whip, painful strike, body adjustment, compression from intellect devourer).

I think that covers all of it.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-04-20 at 08:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Poison Damage: Phthisic Int-damage (which goes to drain), burn a feat and apply it to a natural weapon. Flavor losing Int as collapsing from pain, and total Int drain causing the target to melt (since the spider eats them anyways, I don't think melting is going to be anything except a definite kill condition)

Eyes and Stuff: Covered by Blindsight.

Climbing and Leaping: Hella strength, 9 ranks in jump/climb.

Psionic attacks: Brain Lock and Id Insinuation.

Scary-ass-killer: Cloud Mind, Dimension Slide, Mental Barrier, Intellect Fortress, Body Adjustment
    Fair Enough

Web Use: Lolth-touched.

... waaaaait, does lolth-touched grant web use? I don't actually remember. If not, you could trade several any number of PLAs away for it (ego whip, mental barrier, mind thrust, skate from phthisic; the better ego whip, painful strike, compression from intellect devourer).
    It Doesnt, but that is fine, i can simply add it in as a 3/Day SLA.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 896

I need a unique high CR, colossal, gaseous, air sub-type, incorporeal monster to be what will be known as the Black Wind. It's going to look kind of like this. If you're familiar with Wheel of Time, it should be somewhat similar to Machin Shin, but perhaps a little more manageable. It likes to either drain its victims of their souls or else drive them to insanity. This creature will haunt an extraplanar highway that was created by ancient predecessor races (a.k.a., The Ways). The players will have a very low chance of encountering this creature due to the size of the plane (1% per day or less), but when they finally do, it should scare the absolute piss out of them. It should be something powerful enough to have driven the predecessor races that constructed the highway to abandon it entirely.

Here's the catch: The party will likely encounter this creature before they can hope to defeat it. There needs to be a mechanic by which they can escape from it and not get TPK'd, but not something that would make them feel totally safe from it. Simply giving a low base speed won't work because then the players could simply outrun it every time they encounter it, completely eliminating the fear factor. Doing this sort of has me stumped. If it also stumps you, but you want to take a crack at designing the monster, feel free to go ahead anyway.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2013-04-29 at 04:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #598

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordotheMorning View Post
    R 896

Here's the catch: The party will likely encounter this creature before they can hope to defeat it. There needs to be a mechanic by which they can escape from it and not get TPK'd, but not something that would make them feel totally safe from it. Simply giving a low base speed won't work because then the players could simply outrun it every time they encounter it, completely eliminating the fear factor. Doing this sort of has me stumped.
    C896

Perhaps if you staged an encounter with it eating a disposable NPC? But no, the PCs might foolishly stick around...

Hm...

Perhaps if its base speed was 40-60 feet, but it is unable to go any faster than that, the PCs could outrun it only by sprinting. Combine this with an ability to sneak up on the party somehow (perhaps floating under or behind cover) and the PCs will always be on edge if they even suspect one is nearby.

⌠┌___r-RcosΘ___
    ⌡└rē+Rē-2rRcosΘ┘dΘ

29. - Top - End - #599

WhiteWizardGirl

R 897

Re-Request for a Racial Substitution class for a Warforged Crusader.
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2013-04-29 at 08:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMists View Post
    R 897

Re-Request for a Racial Substitution class for a Warforged Crusader.
    H 897
    • Change hit die to d8
    • Change all instances of "Charisma" in the Smite and Indomitable Soul abilities to "Constitution". Keep in mind that Indomitable Soul still doesn't stack with Divine Grace.
    • At level 10, instead of Die Hard, grant Medium Fortification.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-05-01 at 07:03 PM.