New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R. 1065

A feat chain dedicated to manipulating the life force of others to enhance your abilities.

Fluff it as you like, be it Incarnum, Blood Magic, Psionics, magic. Etc.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

q1 (While I'm Here): What do you think adding Crusader Maneuver Progression to a totemist would do for the overall class in terms of power if that's all you added?

R1066

I would like to request a 3 or 5 level PrC for Orthwo's Ozodrin Base Class who's thematics are based around beauty, royalty, etc.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

fixing my request

R. 1064

A baseball player.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1064
    A baseball player, as in someone who hits people so hard he sends them flying, is a level-3 build. Level 1 is spent on getting large size or powerful build (goliath and half-giant are LA +1). Then go fighter 2.

Example
    1. Goliath LA+1
    2. Fighter 1 -- 1: Power Attack, F1: Improved Bull Rush
    3. Fighter 2 -- F2: Knockback

Wield a club as a baseball bat. Max out strength, maybe dip barbarian for rage and pounce. If you're willing to delay the build a little bit, take dungeoncrasher at level 2 instead and get knockback next. Then hit people into walls and yell "HOME RUN". Good synergy with shock trooper, so work up to that.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-11 at 04:40 PM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

R. 1068

A Green Lantern ring.
    Last edited by The Witch-King; 2014-09-12 at 01:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground

R. 1068 or 1069?
    A Gypsy Class?
    9th level spell casters somewhat in the vein of a Witch meets a Bard.
    Using mysticism and sleight of hand to outwit the poor fools who cross them. Specializing in spellcasting but not being a slouch with a blade if some mook doesn't want to pay them their shinies.
    Last edited by Nerdtothe3rd; 2014-09-12 at 10:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Barbarian in the Playground

R1068

A divine spellcasting prestige class focused on fire worship for chaotic evil people. Should focus on spell progression.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

R *1069*

Request: A 10-level bard prestige class, called something like Stormsinger, Stormcaller, or Tempest Troubadour, etc. that focuses around controlling the weather to aid allies, and buffing allies while inside a storm.

He should be able to, using Bardic music attempts or perhaps Perform(dance/voice) checks, be able to control the weather, much quicker than the Control Weather Druid spell, 3 rounds or less and weather should be up.
    At higher levels, any allies hearing his music should become immune to any bad weather effects- poor visibility, wind checks, lightning damage, etc.

Lastly, he should have some buffs or available buffing for depending on what kind of weather he- or an ally- brings up.

The Bard has a couple of gestalt levels of Warblade so he can use White Raven Discipline stuff- so I'm looking for more of a supportive bard than an offensive one. A weathered-based mass fascination called something like 'Shock and Awe' or some such might be cool, too.

For context, we're playing a 4 man half-Gestalt (only the first 6 levels) party- and we're all playing around the weather. A Rogue-Druid who kicks ass in blizzards, a BofThreeThunders Sorc-Dread Necro with prestige homebrew called Disciple of the Storm-Cursed whose spells and Undead Summons gain the subtype of the weather- cold for blizzards, water for downpours, etc.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    R. 1068

A Green Lantern ring.
    C. 1068 http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ring_of....5e_Equipment)

I suggest some of you go back and edit your posts to show the correct request numbers

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-13 at 09:53 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

10. - Top - End - #1330

Quote Originally Posted by SosadhScath View Post
    R *1069*

Request: A 10-level bard prestige class, called something like Stormsinger, Stormcaller, or Tempest Troubadour, etc. that focuses around controlling the weather to aid allies, and buffing allies while inside a storm.

He should be able to, using Bardic music attempts or perhaps Perform(dance/voice) checks, be able to control the weather, much quicker than the Control Weather Druid spell, 3 rounds or less and weather should be up.
    At higher levels, any allies hearing his music should become immune to any bad weather effects- poor visibility, wind checks, lightning damage, etc.

Lastly, he should have some buffs or available buffing for depending on what kind of weather he- or an ally- brings up.

The Bard has a couple of gestalt levels of Warblade so he can use White Raven Discipline stuff- so I'm looking for more of a supportive bard than an offensive one. A weathered-based mass fascination called something like 'Shock and Awe' or some such might be cool, too.

For context, we're playing a 4 man half-Gestalt (only the first 6 levels) party- and we're all playing around the weather. A Rogue-Druid who kicks ass in blizzards, a BofThreeThunders Sorc-Dread Necro with prestige homebrew called Disciple of the Storm-Cursed whose spells and Undead Summons gain the subtype of the weather- cold for blizzards, water for downpours, etc.
    It already exists/

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Damn. Can't believe I missed that.

Hmmm... But Stormsinger is very offensive- a Bard that wants to cast lightning bolts. I was going for one that is a buffer based on the weather.

Perhaps I'll tweak.
    *cracks knuckles*
    Last edited by SosadhScath; 2014-09-13 at 04:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Thank you very much!

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

H 1065: Blood Magic Feat Chain
    The first three are core feats of the blood magic chain. At their most basic level, they provide more offensive capabilities if you successfully hurt someone. To prevent overloading, they each replace a specific feat. Feats after that are part of the [Blood Magic] feat chains.

All [Blood Magic] feats are supernatural abilities.

Spoiler: Blood Power
    Show
    Blood Power
    Blood power is a new condition granted by the Exsanguinous feats. It always lasts 1 round, and does nothing else except interact with [Blood Magic] feats.

Exsanguinous Attack [Blood Magic]
    Prereqsuite: Str 13
    Benefit: When you deal damage to a creature with a melee attack, you draw on the life force of the damaged creature, gaining blood power and empowering your attacks. Until the end of your next turn, increase damage you deal with melee attacks by your base attack bonus.
    Special: This feat can be taken whenever the Power Attack feat can be taken. A character may not have this feat and Power Attack simultaneously. This feat is treated as Power Attack for the purposes of prerequisites and mechanics that interact with Power Attack. Whenever a mechanic would interact with Power Attack bonus damage, it instead interacts with the bonus damage from this feat. Whenever a mechanic would interact with the to-hit penalty from Power Attack, it instead has no effect.

A fighter may take Exsanguinous Attack as a fighter bonus feat.

Exsanguinous Shot [Blood Magic]
    Prerequisite: Dex 13, Point Blank Shot
    Benefit: The first time you make a ranged attack on your turn that deals damage to a creature, you may draw on the life force of the damaged creature, gaining blood power and making a second attack with the same weapon at your highest attack bonus.
    Special: This feat can be taken whenever the Rapid Shot feat can be taken. A character may not have this feat and Rapid Shot simultaneously. This feat is treated as Rapid Shot for the purposes of prerequisites and mechanics that interact with Rapid Shot. Whenever a mechanic would interact with the extra attack from Rapid Shot, it instead interacts with the extra attack from this feat. Whenever a mechanic would interact with the to-hit penalty from Rapid Shot, it instead has no effect.

A fighter may take Exsanguinous Shot as a fighter bonus feat.

Exsanguinous Spell [Blood Magic, Metamagic]
    Benefit: Whenever you cast a spell that deals damage to a creature, you may draw on the life force of the damaged creature as a swift action, gaining blood power and increasing damage of your spells by your caster level for 10 rounds. An exsanguinous spell does not use a higher than the spell's actual level. You cannot apply this feat to a spell that does not deal damage.
    Special: This feat can be taken whenever the Empower Spell feat can be taken. A character may not have this feat and Empower Spell simultaneously. This feat is treated as Empower Spell for the purposes of prerequisites and mechanics that interact with Empower Spell. Whenever a mechanic would interact with the extra damage from Empower Spell, it instead interacts with the extra damage from this feat. Whenever a mechanic would interact with the spell slot increase from Empower Spell, it instead has no effect.

Blood Nova [Blood Magic]
    Prerequisite: Three [Blood Magic] feats, Efficient Sacrifice, 50 HP
    Benefit: When you have blood power, you may sacrifice a number of d4's of hit points up to your hit dice as a standard action. If you do, you unleash a 30 foot radius burst of dark energy, dealing 1d10 damage per d4 hit points sacrificed.

Bloodborne Vigor [Blood Magic]
    Prerequisite: One [Blood Magic] feat
    Benefit: Whenever you gain blood power, you also gain temporary hit points equal to your hit dice + 2 for 1 round.
    Special: A fighter may take this feat as a fighter bonus feat.

Bloodborne Resilience [Blood Magic]
    Prerequisite: Two [Blood Magic] feats, BAB +4
    Benefit: Whenever you gain blood power, you also gain DR/- equal to your hit dice for 1 round.

Draining Transfusion [Blood Magic]
    Benefit: Whenever you gain blood power, the target you damaged is fatigued for 1 round.

Efficient Sacrifice [Blood Magic]
    Benefit: Blood power lasts twice as long as normal for you. Effects dependent on blood power double in duration as well.

Sickening Transfusion [Blood Magic]
    Benefit: Whenever you gain blood power, the target you damaged is sickened for 1 round.

You Will Falter [Blood Magic]
    Prerequisite: Two [Blood Magic] feats, Intimidate 7 ranks
    Benefit: Whenever you gain blood power, the target you damaged must spend a swift action to make a 5 foot step. This a [Mind-Affecting] [Language-Dependent] effect.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-14 at 07:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post to clear things up and get responses in.

The numbers got confused following lorkar's post. The list should be as follows...

• 1064: lorkar
    • 1065: spikeof2010
    • 1066: 7th son of sons
    • 1067: The-Witch-King
    • 1068: Nerdtothe3rd
    • 1069: CaDzilla
    • 1070: SosadhScath

Whoever comes next, your request should be labeled R 1071. Thanks.

Now, comments:

C 1066
    I don't know enough about ozodrin to make a brew, but this seems sufficiently serviced by the beautiful freak. Focus on the Diplomacy options.

To your question: The ideal crusader is all about locking dudes down and tanking. The ideal totemist hits with a bunch of natural attacks and deals big damage. Combining those gives you a strong tank with amazing damage. Putting ToB on the strongest of the MoI classes probably isn't a good idea unless you want a combat monster.

C 1067
    Taken care of.

C 1068
    Unfortunately a base class is beyond the scope of this thread, though someone else might be sufficiently inspired by your idea that they will write up a base class. I could alternatively make a variant class or an ACF if you want, but you'd need to choose a base class and I wouldn't be able to work off PF classes unless there's a 3.x conversion for them.

C 1069
    My initial thought is that "chaotic evil, fire mage, full casting" is more of a character concept and less of a prestige class. If there's a character concept you're trying to bring to light, perhaps this would be better suited as a build? I recommend looking at the Tome of Fiends prestige classes to get fiend-themed powers while advancing fire based spellcasting.

Alternatively you could go for a base class with this warlock rewrite or the conduit of the lower planes from the Tome of Fiends.

C 1070
    Taken care of.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-14 at 09:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Halfling in the Playground

R. 1071(?)

Hello, 'brewers.

Preparing to DM a bunch of beginners at 6th level; none of them really know how to play. They've played D&D a few times before, but all they really know is "I want to blow things up" and "set it on fire" (not that I have a problem with that second thing, though ). One guy in particular is playing a Drow Warblade. It's gonna be his first real character, and he wants to super cool with fire-related powers (see "set it on fire" for more information), and he asked me to make him a fire-raging kinda thing. I figured "hey, why not?"

So what I'm requesting is a fire-related rage-like ability, with maybe bonus fire damage or fire resistance. It doesn't have to be powerful at all, just really so he can say he has it. Another thing, though you don't have to include it, it would be nice: his idea is also that whenever someone grapples or touches him, they take fire damage. Is that too powerful?

Secondly, I don't know what it should take up. Can he just get it for free? Should it be a feat? It doesn't need to make sense. He's beginner, so he won't know how to abuse it. Thanks so much in advance, guys.
    My Autobiography: 50 Feet Away, Chained to a Rock, and Surrounded by Werebears.

See that amazing avatar up there? You can get your own! Just ask Ceika!

Previously known as TheHatMan

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post

C 1069
    My initial thought is that "chaotic evil, fire mage, full casting" is more of a character concept and less of a prestige class. If there's a character concept you're trying to bring to light, perhaps this would be better suited as a build? I recommend looking at the Tome of Fiends prestige classes to get fiend-themed powers while advancing fire based spellcasting.

Alternatively you could go for a base class with this warlock rewrite or the conduit of the lower planes from the Tome of Fiends.
    Need to specify something about my request: it's for a religion who's entire doctrine is based around setting people on fire. They only care about fiends if they can use them to set people on fire, but they usually summon fire elementals instead. Most clerics of this religion don't have more than 2 ranks in either Knowledge(Planes) or Knowledge(Religion).

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Orc in the Playground

(A?)H1071

Blazing Rage(Ex): You are just SO angry, your body heats up, and everything around you tends to get a bit haughty. For a number of times equal to your CHA modifier (Minimum 1) per day, you may enter a fiery rage as per the Rage class feature for 3 rounds each use. The exceptions are this: You instead gain +2 STR and gain +10ft speed. All your attacks deal 1d6 bonus fire damage, and you gain Fire Resistance 10.

Special:When using any maneuver from the Desert Wind discipline (or similar school), you automatically get a +1 bonus to any numerical bonus to your rolls.

Hope this helped.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground

R1072:

A wizard archetype or ACF that lets it also cast invocations, or at least have some form of Eldritch Blast.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaDzilla View Post
    Need to specify something about my request: it's for a religion who's entire doctrine is based around setting people on fire. They only care about fiends if they can use them to set people on fire, but they usually summon fire elementals instead. Most clerics of this religion don't have more than 2 ranks in either Knowledge(Planes) or Knowledge(Religion).
    C 1069
    This definitely sounds like a build for the pyromancer, which has both fire-related summoning and lots of fire abilities. A dip into spherelock can grant at-will fire damage and the [Fire] subtype (from the Fire Sphere). More basic characters could be based off the fire mage so you don't have to do as much work building the character.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Tome of Prowess priest (good domains: Anarchy, Chaos, Corrupt, Destruction, Diabolic, Evil, Fire, Hellfire, War) or Ziegander's mostly-finished Tier 2/3 Cleric (the table isn't fixed though ).

Check out the Book of Elements for elemental stuff if you're interested in more fire. There's a lot of cool stuff there.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Do people even look at these?

Double posting to separate homebrew from comments, since that's been a problem before.

The goal of this variant class is to provide the wizard with basic powers. Because they can't have a large number of invocations, they need to be able to re-train those invocations (it also fits with the wizard theme).

H 1072: Eldritch Wizard Variant Classt

Gain
    Eldritch blast 1d6 as the warlock. This does not increase in damage, but levels in wizard stack with levels in warlock to determine eldritch blast damage, so long as the character has at least one level in warlock.

At level 5, the wizard can use one least invocation. At level 10, they gain a lesser invocation. At level 15, they gain a greater invocation. At level 20, they gain a dark invocation. These invocations function as if the wizard were a warlock of his wizard level. However the first time a wizard prepares his spells for the day, he may additionally re-select his invocations known.

Lose
    Scribe scroll or familiar, wizard bonus feats

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Pixie in the Playground

Any chance someone has made, or would make, a pathfinder version of the Warlock? That is, limited array of at will abilities, eldritch blast, etc. Something that is fun, but not as useless or underpowered as the complete arcane one.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Please Number your requests. See first post.

skaeren: your request is R. 1073.

C. 1073: You mean like this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-...inment/warlock or this: https://sites.google.com/site/pathfi...itch-archetype or this thread: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2n49i?Th...for-Pathfinder

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-23 at 10:17 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

R1074

An Archetype for Barbarian that turns him into a giant when he's angry. Oh, and more skillmonkey ish.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

R1075

Some kind of aspect of Nyarlathotep, adapted to 3.5 (ignoring CoC3.5, as it's very UP as I see it)

R1076

A discipline (from ToB-like) that uses Yasuo's background and/or abilities as the base.

(I tried doing this, but I've failed once, twice, and so on...)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    R1074

An Archetype for Barbarian that turns him into a giant when he's angry. Oh, and more skillmonkey ish.
    C 1074
    Archetype? Is that like an ACF?

C 1075
    Same question as above, about aspects. Is that a vestige? Or a monster?

C 1076
    I personally don't make ToB disciplines because I think they're out of scope, but if no one else steps up to it I think you can make a yasuo-like character from the following:

The only thing I can't really find in there is a wind wall effect, which would probably be too strong anyways. You may need to dip into a caster class.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1075
    Same question as above, about aspects. Is that a vestige? Or a monster?
    Nyarlathothep as the Elder God from Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos, he has a 3.5 entry in the book: Call of Cthulhu d20. And I didn't specify, I'm looking for a monster (if the statblock is too much for what this thread allows, a guideline helps too.)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Firbolg in the Playground

C 1074
    Archetype? Is that like an ACF?
    Archetypes are PF's version of ACF's except that they are generally much larger, covering multiple class features.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdtothe3rd View Post
    R. 1068 or 1069?
    A Gypsy Class?
    9th level spell casters somewhat in the vein of a Witch meets a Bard.
    Using mysticism and sleight of hand to outwit the poor fools who cross them. Specializing in spellcasting but not being a slouch with a blade if some mook doesn't want to pay them their shinies.
    C. 1068 or 1069 (technically out of order)

See first post. Full classes are beyond the scope of this thread. However, you might want to look at this thread: http://community.wizards.com/forum/o...threads/884186

Next request should be numbered R. 1077

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-24 at 07:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1074
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Archetypes are PF's version of ACF's except that they are generally much larger, covering multiple class features.
    Ah, it's a PF thing.

Sorry spike, I'm unable to do this one. Hopefully someone will get it!

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Firbolg in the Playground

C1074
    Guess I'll give it a go then. Spike, you fine with it being rage powers instead of an archetype?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png