New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thufir's Thupremely Thatithfying Thecond Random Banter With a Lithp #170

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    So, one of my friends found a miscellaneous wriggling form within your sandwich today.

Yeah, she took that back.
    How did she get my sandwich? Or any of our sandwiches?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thufir's Thupremely Thatithfying Thecond Random Banter With a Lithp #170

Oh hey, it's weekend.

It keeps sneaking up on me.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #843
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Oh hey, it's weekend.

It keeps sneaking up on me.
    Wow, you're right. I thought this was Thursday!

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wow, you're right. I thought this was Thursday!
    That stopped for me when I started getting schedules that change day-to-day.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

The weekend can sneak up on me anytime it wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    The weekend can sneak up on me anytime it wants to.
    /is the weekend

*strangles Tragic*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Wee! I has driver's license! Fear me!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Wee! I has driver's license! Fear me!
    I know you don't live in Wisconsinland, but I'm still going to stay off the roads for a while.

ION: I got into a browser war with a friend today and it lead me to an astounding conclusion about human nature. It went something like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Me: How come you like Google Chrome? Both Firefox and Opera are better.

Friend: Google Chrome is the best browser EVAR.

Me: I disagree. As I have said, I find Firefox to be better.

Friend: You're just wasting your time. Firefox sucks.

Me: And why exactly do you think that?

Friend: Because Chrome is better.

Me: You've already said that, but you have yet to prove it.

Friend: It's better because Firefox sucks.

Me: You still have no proof.

Friend: I don't need proof. It's goddamn Chrome. It doesn't need proof that it's the best.

Me: Actually, if you're going to convince me, you kind of do need proof.

Friend: The proof is that Firefox sucks.

*this continues for some time*

Me: You still haven't proved anything. How about I prove that Firefox is a superior browser in certain areas? For example, Chrome's main selling point is that it's the fastest browser. But is that true?

Friend: Well duh. It's the fastest browser EVAR.

*I proceed to link him to this test and explain to him in detail how this and other tests show that Chrome is not, in fact, "the fastest browser EVAR" (that would be Opera), and that in some cases Firefox can be faster than Chrome*

Friend: They're lying. Firefox sucks.

So, my remarkable insight into human nature: People are idiots and refuse to acknowledge facts.

IOON: I'm done with my semester-long Web Design class before the end of the first quarter Although I'm unsure of whether I should start on the next class or just goof off for the rest of the semester.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2011-11-04 at 04:49 PM.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    I know you don't live in Wisconsinland, but I'm still going to stay off the roads for a while.

ION: I got into a browser war with a friend today and it lead me to an astounding conclusion about human nature. It went something like this:

Spoiler
    Show

Friend: I don't need proof. It's goddamn Chrome. It doesn't need proof that it's the best.

Me: You still haven't proved anything. How about I prove that Firefox is a superior browser in certain areas? For example, Chrome's main selling point is that it's the fastest browser. But is that true?

*I proceed to link him to this test and explain to him in detail how this and other tests show that Chrome is not, in fact, "the fastest browser EVAR" (that would be Opera), and that in some cases Firefox can be faster than Chrome*

So, my remarkable insight into human nature: People are idiots and refuse to acknowledge facts.
    Might be a good idea

Sadly, very true.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bu.. but Chrome IS the best evah!

Weekend... it's here... THANK YOU GUY WHO INVENTED WEEKENDS!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Bu.. but Chrome IS the best evah!
    Don't you start with me too

Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

12. - Top - End - #852

After spending a good portion of yesterday shoveling snow. And a good portion of TODAY shoveling the snow that just fell, I really only have one thing to say.

Whoever invented snow can go butt themselves in the screw. *collapses*

thankfully, the solo xp gets me a level up, so I'm alive.

Fun fact, every time I tried to write shoveling, I almost worte snoveling

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

After spending a good portion of yesterday shoveling snow. And a good portion of TODAY shoveling the snow that just fell, I really only have one thing to say.

We got our first frost today.

Heh, snoveling...

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, I want snow...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Aww, I want snow...
    Then take it, please. I had to shovel above my ankles today, after shoveling halfway up to my knee yesterday. Please, take it all, the yard is already at my waist level in height and I'm like 6 foot 1. There is too much snow.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aww, I want snow. Damned rainshadow!

Spoiler
    Show

Based on your descriptions of her, are you sure you weren't talking to your sister?

Seriously, all sympathy. HUMANS!!!! /reference

ION: Blah, missed lunch because of forgetting to get the check for the lunch account, English teacher crept up behind me and asked how far I was with the homework I missed (I WAS IN SCHOOL FOR FOUR ****ING HOURS LADY! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?!? THAT I'VE FINISHED EVERYTHING SHE ASSIGNED EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN HAVE CLASSES WITH YOU ON FRIDAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?), did badly in French, the few people who I've actually managed to sit with during lunch are back to treating me weird, and when I finally got home I realized I'd forgotten to say late to take my french test, so I had to rush all the way back.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Then take it, please. I had to shovel above my ankles today, after shoveling halfway up to my knee yesterday. Please, take it all, the yard is already at my waist level in height and I'm like 6 foot 1. There is too much snow.
    Too much snow? That's possible?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Based on your descriptions of her, are you sure you weren't talking to your sister?

ION: Blah, missed lunch because of forgetting to get the check for the lunch account, English teacher crept up behind me and asked how far I was with the homework I missed (I WAS IN SCHOOL FOR FOUR ****ING HOURS LADY! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?!? THAT I'VE FINISHED EVERYTHING SHE ASSIGNED EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN HAVE CLASSES WITH YOU ON FRIDAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?), did badly in French, the few people who I've actually managed to sit with during lunch are back to treating me weird, and when I finally got home I realized I'd forgotten to say late to take my french test, so I had to rush all the way back.
    Well said friend didn't attempt to injure me, so I'm fairly certain he's not my sister

*sympathy*

19. - Top - End - #859
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

*keeps suggesting extra curricular activities* /needed a smiley in this post somewhere!
    It keeps you at school for a while longer, you can find way better friends, and (for me) there's a good 40 minutes for any teacher talking/test catching up I might need to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #861
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well said friend didn't attempt to injure me, so I'm fairly certain he's not my sister

*sympathy*
    Ah. Well, that's good, I guess.

<hugs>

*keeps suggesting extra curricular activities* /needed a smiley in this post somewhere!
    It keeps you at school for a while longer, you can find way better friends, and (for me) there's a good 40 minutes for any teacher talking/test catching up I might need to do.
    How on earth would extracurricular activities possibly help a one time problem that has already passed, even if they did crop up again?

I'm drowning in homework and need that time to do it, I'm depressed about the people because it seems there's no one who stays where they are in relation to me for any length of time, and the lunch thing is not affected by that. Thank you for the advice, but it really doesn't help me right now, sorry.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-11-04 at 07:21 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

<hugs>
    *hugs*
    I'm drowning in homework and need that time to do it, I'm depressed about the people because it seems there's no one who stays where they are in relation to me for any length of time, and the lunch thing is not affected by that. Thank you for the advice, but it really doesn't help, sorry.
    On the people thing, extra curricular sharing people just mesh naturally. I'm not kidding, the people just kind of fit together and we all get along. Its kind of creepy, now that I think about it. Anyways, you can sit with the people in said group easily during lunch, even if they're 2 years away from you. And they are awesome with helping people with homework. (But, my experience. Your school probably just sucks. :P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

I also argued against Chrome with the privacy issues. His argument was basically "Who cares if Google knows enough about me to make a carbon copy?"

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

I also argued against Chrome with the privacy issues. His argument was basically "Who cares if Google knows enough about me to make a carbon copy?"
    Too bad my life isnt even 1/5657565.464654(repeating '4') on the internet. A carbon copy would be very hard to do. Anyways, if any company is gonna take over the world, Google is in my top 3 choices of who should take over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Too bad my life isnt even 1/5657565.464654(repeating '4') on the internet. A carbon copy would be very hard to do. Anyways, if any company is gonna take over the world, Google is in my top 3 choices of who should take over.
    Except Chrome tracks everything you do, just like all the rest of Google's products.

Well duh, they know everything. Who else would you pick?

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Except Chrome tracks everything you do, just like all the rest of Google's products.

Well duh, they know everything. Who else would you pick?
    That counts as "the internet". All they can do is blackmail me, and then they'd be blackmailing everybody else who uses Google stuff, so people would go "huh, another dude got blackmailed. Poor sap", instead of "ostricization!!!!1oneI!". And then you Firefox people wouldn't get our advanced-chip devices and die out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

And then you Firefox people wouldn't get our advanced-chip devices and die out.
    Die out? I think you mean fight back!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

IOON: I'm done with my semester-long Web Design class before the end of the first quarter Although I'm unsure of whether I should start on the next class or just goof off for the rest of the semester.
    Personally, I've tried both Firefox and Opera, and found that Chrome is the only browser that can handle the ridiculous number of tabs I tend to keep open without starting to leak memory and slow down horribly. Admittedly, though, I've not tried the latest version of FF.

I do have one major beef with FF, though, that means I probably won't ever go back to it even if they do fix the memory leaks. Alt+S opens the history menu instead of doing Submit Post.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Personally, I've tried both Firefox and Opera, and found that Chrome is the only browser that can handle the ridiculous number of tabs I tend to keep open without starting to leak memory and slow down horribly. Admittedly, though, I've not tried the latest version of FF.

I do have one major beef with FF, though, that means I probably won't ever go back to it even if they do fix the memory leaks. Alt+S opens the history menu instead of doing Submit Post.
    IIRC, one of the main upgrades in the FF 7 is better performance. How do you define "ridiculous" numbers of tabs?

I have no idea. It makes more sense to have history be Ctrl+H or Alt+H.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man ... We lost the first game of the playoffs. 10-1 is still a record though, and out QB got all state.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.