New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion suddenly realized he was behaving incredibly un-gentlecoltly. Mister Grills would not approve. He sheepishly sucked up the last of his juice and set his box down gently, trying to regain some sense of "dig-ni-ty". As for Cloud, he looked at her in confusion. "That wasn't my mom. And what's wimpy mean?" He didn't sound hurt or anything, just completely lost.

"Not yer mom? Your aunt then?"
    She asked curiously before she thought how to answer his question. 'Ya really don't know what it means? Well....its..like..a coward, a sissy, you know a, wimp."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Not yer mom? Your aunt then?"
    She asked curiously before she thought how to answer his question. 'Ya really don't know what it means? Well....its..like..a coward, a sissy, you know a, wimp."
    Well, that certainly cleared it up. A bunch more words Miss Gwyn or Mister Grills had certainly never used before. Maybe a little schooling wouldn't be such a bad idea. Garion just shook his head. "Don't know those either. Miss Gwyn said she was a care-taker. She takes care of me." he explained oh so helpfully.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that certainly cleared it up. A bunch more words Miss Gwyn or Mister Grills had certainly never used before. Maybe a little schooling wouldn't be such a bad idea. Garion just shook his head. "Don't know those either. Miss Gwyn said she was a care-taker. She takes care of me." he explained oh so helpfully.

"Oh..so you don't have a mama...so what about a daddy, do ya one of those? Or are ya like...adopted?"
    She asked finding her unfinished bag of hay chips. She offered him some as she ate some herself.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh..so you don't have a mama...so what about a daddy, do ya one of those? Or are ya like...adopted?"
    She asked finding her unfinished bag of hay chips. She offered him some as she ate some herself.
    Garion hesitantly munched a single chip; his curiosity was rewarded with delicious, salty, starchy goodness. He tucked in happily to the rest of his chips, savoring each one. But not even they could distract from the nagging feeling of wrongness that Cloud's questions brought. "Mister Grills and Miss Gwyn, they take care of me." The chips started tasting more like gross mush the more he thought about it. The colt choked down his crisps and looked at Cloud with his brow furrowed. "Does that make them my Mom and Dad?"

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Garion hesitantly munched a single chip; his curiosity was rewarded with delicious, salty, starchy goodness. He tucked in happily to the rest of his chips, savoring each one. But not even they could distract from the nagging feeling of wrongness that Cloud's questions brought. "Mister Grills and Miss Gwyn, they take care of me." The chips started tasting more like gross mush the more he thought about it. The colt choked down his crisps and looked at Cloud with his brow furrowed. "Does that make them my Mom and Dad?"

"Mmmm....I dunno...maybe? I wish I had a daddy though,"
    She said thoughtfully nomming on chips and sipping juice. She wanly smiled looking in thought. "But, I have big brother, so I guess that's good enough."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmmm....I dunno...maybe? I wish I had a daddy though,"
    She said thoughtfully nomming on chips and sipping juice. She wanly smiled looking in thought. "But, I have big brother, so I guess that's good enough."
    Garion stared down glumly at the chips in his hoof. He knew what a brother and sister were, and he definitely knew he didn't have any of those. The room suddenly felt much, much bigger, or perhaps he just felt much much smaller. "Maybe I should ask Miss Gwyn and Mister Grills, you know, if they're my Mom and Dad or not. I'm supposed to have at least one of those, right?" He looked up hopefully at Cloud.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

"Yea...of course, every little filly and colt needs a parent, even if they're not related," She shook her head up and down.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

"Yea...of course, every little filly and colt needs a parent, even if they're not related," She shook her head up and down.
    Garion nodded along with her, feeling his confidence growing once more. "Alright, I'll do it." And really, what was he thinking? Miss Gwyn, such a nice pony, there was just no way she couldn't be his mom. Everything he knew about the subject pointed to the same conclusion.

Feeling much better, he scarfed down ate his chips in a manner befitting of a gentlecolt before getting off the pillows. "Let's try the cat-a-pult again!" He scampered over, hoping to get a turn to be launched this time.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Garion nodded along with her, feeling his confidence growing once more. "Alright, I'll do it." And really, what was he thinking? Miss Gwyn, such a nice pony, there was just no way she couldn't be his mom. Everything he knew about the subject pointed to the same conclusion.

Feeling much better, he scarfed down ate his chips in a manner befitting of a gentlecolt before getting off the pillows. "Let's try the cat-a-pult again!" He scampered over, hoping to get a turn to be launched this time.
    "Okay!" She pulled down on the ropes and levers to reset the catapult. "Alright, do you want to have a turn?"

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay!" She pulled down on the ropes and levers to reset the catapult. "Alright, do you want to have a turn?"
    In response, Garion leaped into the basket with an eager grin and an unnecessary, "Yes, please!" Any sign of the melancholy moment they just had vanished completely. Catapults truly were wondrous devices.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

In response, Garion leaped into the basket with an eager grin and an unnecessary, "Yes, please!" Any sign of the melancholy moment they just had vanished completely. Catapults truly were wondrous devices.

"Ready....set...go!"
    She fiddled with stuff on the catapult as Garion was launched.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight thought about that question for a moment. "Hard to say," she said. "The business part was fine, but now they're looking for pillows to jump on or something, which seems a bit dull to me. I mean, when I was this age (last time), my friends and I would play board games, or things like Truth or Dare, or we would play outside and run around he woods exploring. Compared to that, jumping on a pile of pillows seems kinda lame. Even if we do have a catapult."
    "Seems rather dull to me too. A board game could be fun depending on what it is. I pretty much refuse to play Truth or Dare on Principle, and exploring seems like a bad idea at this time of night." Smoothie says.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Pyrite poked his head in. It was luck -- he had tried everything.

"Hey, Smoothie, Heartflight, there you are! You know we have snacks in the room, right?...Well,anyway, those two are all set up."

He meant Garion and Spark. He seemed cheerful, but he felt a little bit awkward.
    "Yeah, I know." Smoothie says, not really feeling like explaining that she just felt the need to make herself scarce for reasons she couldn't quite explain.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

"Ready....set...go!"
    She fiddled with stuff on the catapult as Garion was launched.
    Garion flew through the air, landing straight into the pile with a dull *poomf* as pillows went flying. "Woohoo!" he exclaimed as he burst triumphantly from the cushions.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

Garion flew through the air, landing straight into the pile with a dull *poomf* as pillows went flying. "Woohoo!" he exclaimed as he burst triumphantly from the cushions.
    Cloud giggled and cantered over to him. "Fun wasn't it? Its like yer flyin'...!" She grinned.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Cloud giggled and cantered over to him. "Fun wasn't it? Its like yer flyin'...!" She grinned.
    Garion flopped out of the pile, before straightening himself up. A gentlecolt always kept up his appearance, after all. "I wouldn't know, haven't ever been flying before." He poked curiously at Cloud's wings. "But I guess you'd know best there."

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Garion flopped out of the pile, before straightening himself up. A gentlecolt always kept up his appearance, after all. "I wouldn't know, haven't ever been flying before." He poked curiously at Cloud's wings. "But I guess you'd know best there."
    She giggled at the poking and shifted herself away from poking range. "Kinda, I can't really fly yet, just glide, kinda like big brother Spark, he can't fly either. Mama said when I was a littler weanling, I apparently used ta' fly a lot and cause trouble for mama." She giggled again.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

She giggled at the poking and shifted herself away from poking range. "Kinda, I can't really fly yet, just glide, kinda like big brother Spark, he can't fly either. Mama said when I was a littler weanling, I apparently used ta' fly a lot and cause trouble for mama." She giggled again.
    Nuts, she was out of poking range now. How the hay could he know what wings were like with only one poke? "Can I see your wings? Please?" Garion asked politely, despite his eagerness. Mister Grills always said, a true gentlecolt always asks politely. Without hopping up and down.

(Also, I think you're up in the Great Wilds, for some reason it doesn't show Orzel's post outside of the thread.)

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Seems rather dull to me too. A board game could be fun depending on what it is. I pretty much refuse to play Truth or Dare on Principle, and exploring seems like a bad idea at this time of night." Smoothie says.

"Yeah, I know." Smoothie says, not really feeling like explaining that she just felt the need to make herself scarce for reasons she couldn't quite explain.
    Aaaaawkward.

"Well, anyway, since those two will be at the catapult, and I like building catapults more than I like being flung across rooms in them...And since you clearly don't want to be involved, and don't want to say what you'd prefer..."

Pyrite just figured it was time to cut through the awkwardness to the chase.

"We'd come, and find you, and ask what you want to do."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Nuts, she was out of poking range now. How the hay could he know what wings were like with only one poke? "Can I see your wings? Please?" Garion asked politely, despite his eagerness. Mister Grills always said, a true gentlecolt always asks politely. Without hopping up and down.
    "I guess," She shrugged and scooted closer to him and opened her little chicken wings.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess," She shrugged and scooted closer to him and opened her little chicken wings.
    Garion was immediately all over that mess, inspecting her little wings with great interest and a lot of testing pokes here and there. The feather pattern, the way they attached to the rest of her, he wanted to see it all. "Woah...do the feathers ever fall off? How do you get new ones? Are they hard to stick back on? What's it like to flap them? Is it like another set of legs? How-" and so on.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaaawkward.

"Well, anyway, since those two will be at the catapult, and I like building catapults more than I like being flung across rooms in them...And since you clearly don't want to be involved, and don't want to say what you'd prefer..."

Pyrite just figured it was time to cut through the awkwardness to the chase.

"We'd come, and find you, and ask what you want to do."
    "Weeeell." Smoothie says in a tone that suggests she's currently thinking about what she'd find fun. It takes her a little bit but she ends up saying "I kinda like board games, I like story telling, I kinda like playing with animals..." At this, Umbra will land on and hang on the tip of Smoothie's hat "Stories could be just about anything. I know there are a fair amount of board games somewhere around here we could pull out." Smoothie offers.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

Garion was immediately all over that mess, inspecting her little wings with great interest and a lot of testing pokes here and there. The feather pattern, the way they attached to the rest of her, he wanted to see it all. "Woah...do the feathers ever fall off? How do you get new ones? Are they hard to stick back on? What's it like to flap them? Is it like another set of legs? How-" and so on.
    She giggled again and closed folded her wings to her side. "Uh...sometimes, they kinda just grow back, no comment, breezy, kinda you do gotta work them out."

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Weeeell." Smoothie says in a tone that suggests she's currently thinking about what she'd find fun. It takes her a little bit but she ends up saying "I kinda like board games, I like story telling, I kinda like playing with animals..." At this, Umbra will land on and hang on the tip of Smoothie's hat "Stories could be just about anything. I know there are a fair amount of board games somewhere around here we could pull out." Smoothie offers.
    "And we brought a bunch, too! Why don't we pile up all the games and see what we've got? I brought Monopony!"

Pyrite enthused, glad to see he could at least partially re-engage Smoothie.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

She giggled again and closed folded her wings to her side. "Uh...sometimes, they kinda just grow back, no comment, breezy, kinda you do gotta work them out."
    He'd continue rapid-fire with the questions for quite a while, though his narrator is having trouble thinking of more specific avenues of curiosity for him to explore. Eventually, the little colt would be forced to stop and catch his breath. "Phew, never seen a pegasus up so close before..." he managed to get out as he plopped on the ground, panting. "Those wings are *huff puff* really neat."

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

He'd continue rapid-fire with the questions for quite a while, though his narrator is having trouble thinking of more specific avenues of curiosity for him to explore. Eventually, the little colt would be forced to stop and catch his breath. "Phew, never seen a pegasus up so close before..." he managed to get out as he plopped on the ground, panting. "Those wings are *huff puff* really neat."

"Yea, they are, when I get bigger, they'll be even neater, 'cause then I can properly fly, like a birdie,"
    She giggled and flapped her wings, and hovered an inch off the floor before plopping back down.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

"Yea, they are, when I get bigger, they'll be even neater, 'cause then I can properly fly, like a birdie,"
    She giggled and flapped her wings, and hovered an inch off the floor before plopping back down.
    (running...out...of small talk...)

Garion hopped up too, only to come right back down to the ground. Because he didn't have wings. Duh. "When you get big enough, do you think you could take me flying? Please?" Garion asked wide-eyed.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

"And we brought a bunch, too! Why don't we pile up all the games and see what we've got? I brought Monopony!"

Pyrite enthused, glad to see he could at least partially re-engage Smoothie.
    "Alright. Let's go pile up our games and see what we have to play." Smoothie says, finishing her snacks, cleaning up, and then following Pyrite back to the party.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

(running...out...of small talk...)

Garion hopped up too, only to come right back down to the ground. Because he didn't have wings. Duh. "When you get big enough, do you think you could take me flying? Please?" Garion asked wide-eyed.

"Ooh, yea...ooh...we can get a wagon, and I'll pull-fly it with you riding in it....but of course, when I'm bigger, like next year.........or as big as mama,"
    She grinned and rocked herself sideways.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooh, yea...ooh...we can get a wagon, and I'll pull-fly it with you riding in it....but of course, when I'm bigger, like next year.........or as big as mama,"
    She grinned and rocked herself sideways.
    "That's not what I...though that does sounds like a lot of fun..." Garion paused and scratched his chin in thought. "I meant, could you take me when you go flying? Up in the sky and everything?"

He patted the side of the catapult fondly. "If it's anything like this, it's gotta be amazing."

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

"That's not what I...though that does sounds like a lot of fun..." Garion paused and scratched his chin in thought. "I meant, could you take me when you go flying? Up in the sky and everything?"

He patted the side of the catapult fondly. "If it's anything like this, it's gotta be amazing."

"You mean like have you ride on my back?"