New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Aaaah. So the thickness of the material affects what it's good for. That's an interesting little detail. It was still vulnerable to magical lightning though, so it still has its drawbacks. I wonder if there's any easy non-magical way to simply remove that little trait from the armor...." she dives back into her thoughts.
    "Simmer was vulnerable to lightning in particular because, since it is still a metal, so long as HE was taking up the magical absorption quality of it, the thickness of the metal couldn't counter the ease of which electricity passes through metal. Of course, a non-magical lightning bolt will go right through the armor without pause. Unless you enchant it to resist such things. From Garion's memories, only the smiths of the Gallant Fortress knew how to change the qualities of the armor."

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "Simmer was vulnerable to lightning in particular because, since it is still a metal, so long as HE was taking up the magical absorption quality of it, the thickness of the metal couldn't counter the ease of which electricity passes through metal. Of course, a non-magical lightning bolt will go right through the armor without pause. Unless you enchant it to resist such things. From Garion's memories, only the smiths of the Gallant Fortress knew how to change the qualities of the armor."
    "Ah. Well, they're probably long dead. I guess there's no real need to try it right now anyway. I can probably find something more modern too...Gah, I need a break." she says after looking through another dead end book. The stack of books was getting surprisingly large, and she was making absolutely no progress. "Well, another problem we need to deal with at some point. Do you want to be a male pony, or a female? Though, I guess we could try and find some way to make you a changeling so you could switch back and forth at-will." she points out.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah. Well, they're probably long dead. I guess there's no real need to try it right now anyway. I can probably find something more modern too...Gah, I need a break." she says after looking through another dead end book. The stack of books was getting surprisingly large, and she was making absolutely no progress. "Well, another problem we need to deal with at some point. Do you want to be a male pony, or a female? Though, I guess we could try and find some way to make you a changeling so you could switch back and forth at-will." she points out.
    Shale turned pink, likely symbolizing embarrassment.

"I...I...I have no idea. The thought never occurred to me!"

It turned back to its swirl of colors.

"But...while it's on my mind, just because the smiths are gone doesn't mean their knowledge is."

She'd hear elevator music again as it turned pink once more. Probably thinking on its future gender a little.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Shale turned pink, likely symbolizing embarrassment.

"I...I...I have no idea. The thought never occurred to me!"
    "Well, best start thinking, because you don't want to be stuck in a body you don't like." Smoothie says in a matter of fact tone.

"But...while it's on my mind, just because the smiths are gone doesn't mean their knowledge is."
    "True. Where did they used to be located? I might as well write it down so somepony can eventually take a look." she says, grabbing another scroll and a feather with ink.

She'd hear elevator music again as it turned pink once more. Probably thinking on its future gender a little.
    Smoothie simply waited, with nothing else to do.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, best start thinking, because you don't want to be stuck in a body you don't like." Smoothie says in a matter of fact tone.

"True. Where did they used to be located? I might as well write it down so somepony can eventually take a look." she says, grabbing another scroll and a feather with ink.

Smoothie simply waited, with nothing else to do.
    "It's a fortress outside the Equestrian borders in the old lands. I never went there myself, so I have very little beyond that. The only other clue I can remember from Garion was that it was stationed near the floating city of the Pegasi, as they were the first Gallant Knights. Does your library here include any history books?"

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a fortress outside the Equestrian borders in the old lands. I never went there myself, so I have very little beyond that. The only other clue I can remember from Garion was that it was stationed near the floating city of the Pegasi, as they were the first Gallant Knights. Does your library here include any history books?"
    "Yeah, but right now, I'm sick of reading. I'll take a look as soon I can get back into the swing of things, but all those books, several of them pretty dark magic ones, kinda takes its toll. I think I'm going to listen to some music for a while." she says, and uses her magic to put a record on a nearby record player. Smoothie would hum along to the rather creepy music every once in a while, but for whatever reason, she never sang along.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah, but right now, I'm sick of reading. I'll take a look as soon I can get back into the swing of things, but all those books, several of them pretty dark magic ones, kinda takes its toll. I think I'm going to listen to some music for a while." she says, and uses her magic to put a record on a nearby record player. Smoothie would hum along to the rather creepy music every once in a while, but for whatever reason, she never sang along.
    "Ah, now there is some interesting magic there. Song magic. So many possible spells if you sing it right. Is that why you're not singing? To avoid an accidental spell?"

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, now there is some interesting magic there. Song magic. So many possible spells if you sing it right. Is that why you're not singing? To avoid an accidental spell?"
    "...Actually, I was just not singing because I don't like singing in front of other ponies. I've never even tried to use song magic." Smoothie says. "Not that I'm opposed to it, it's just not something I ever had a particular interest in. I haven't really done any studying on it either, and wouldn't know the first place to start honestly." Smoothie says.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Pixie in the Playground

"...Actually, I was just not singing because I don't like singing in front of other ponies. I've never even tried to use song magic." Smoothie says. "Not that I'm opposed to it, it's just not something I ever had a particular interest in. I haven't really done any studying on it either, and wouldn't know the first place to start honestly." Smoothie says.
    "Well, there aren't any other ponies here, so I see no reaon for you not to sing. And don't dare count me. I'm not a pony...at least...not yet."

It went pink again.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, there aren't any other ponies here, so I see no reaon for you not to sing. And don't dare count me. I'm not a pony...at least...not yet."

It went pink again.
    "Sorry. As far as I'm concerned, you technically count." Smoothie says. "I'll rephrase. I don't like to sing when there are other sapient beings in the room." she says simply. "So, sorry, but you aren't going to get to hear me sing any time soon." she says adamantly.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Pixie in the Playground

"Sorry. As far as I'm concerned, you technically count." Smoothie says. "I'll rephrase. I don't like to sing when there are other sapient beings in the room." she says simply. "So, sorry, but you aren't going to get to hear me sing any time soon." she says adamantly.
    "Would you like to hear me sing? I know a tune or two."

He began to 'warble' in a very out of tune voice that would make a screech owl cringe.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

"Would you like to hear me sing? I know a tune or two."

He began to 'warble' in a very out of tune voice that would make a screech owl cringe.
    Smoothie covers her ears. "Please stop." she says in response."I really only like to hear specific songs at any one time. This can vary between listening to a song twenty times on repeat, or listening to ten different songs about half-way through." she says, and that's not BS. That really is her preference with Music.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Pixie in the Playground

Smoothie covers her ears. "Please stop." she says in response."I really only like to hear specific songs at any one time. This can vary between listening to a song twenty times on repeat, or listening to ten different songs about half-way through." she says, and that's not BS. That really is her preference with Music.
    Shale stopped immediately.

"My apologies master Smoothie. I shall keep that in mind. Back to contemplating my future then."

He went dark blue, and concentrating on him would produce that elevator music again.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

[Morning at the Library]

The morning sun would find Garion with his face pressed up against the library windows, away from the other foals in their little party room. He'd slept soundly enough, but something had kept him from a restful morning. Something with a plum coat, glasses, and, in his opinion, the best hugs in all of Bridle Shores. Other ponies were starting to file into the library, off for some morning reading, but his caretaker was not to be seen. She said she'd come in the morning...she said she'd come in the morning... He kept repeating her promise over and over again, never once taking his eyes off the road in front of the library.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

Dat Next Morning-Spark

Spark himself woke up to the new day, ready to get his run on, his little sister off somewhere in the library, maybe she found a book to read, or maybe she was up to mischief. He wanted to go on his morning run, in which he'd be back to pick her up, but first he needed to go ask Smoothie if she was okay with him leaving his stuff there in the reading room temporarily. He went off to find her.

Dat Next Morning-Cloud

Ah is the energetic youth. Cloud herself was in the reading room, building a book fortress around Pyrite because why not? There was a sleeping pony and tons of books around. While she concentrated on making the bestest book fort for Pyrite she was deciding on which games to play with Garion to distract him, he looked so...scared antsy when she poked her head to find him. She didn't announce her presence yet to him during that time.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-29 at 07:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite, of course, had to spoil the effect by waking up and banging his hoof into a stack, causing them to tumble. He yawned.

"...What?...Why am I covered in books?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

"Awww...and I worked so hard at making you a nice book fort,"
    Revealed Cloud and taking on the tone of woe.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, you should have told me!"

He said, teasing her as he began re-stacking the books.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie had come back down to get a drink because she was thirsty and had no drinks in her room.

"Oh, good morning everypony." she says, noticing that they're pretty much all awake."Everypony sleep okay?" she asked.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Well, you should have told me!"

He said, teasing her as he began re-stacking the books.

"It was gonna be a surprise....!"
    She beamed.

Smoothie had come back down to get a drink because she was thirsty and had no drinks in her room.

"Oh, good morning everypony." she says, noticing that they're pretty much all awake."Everypony sleep okay?" she asked.

"I slept okay.....oh...Sparky went off looking for you......also..."
    She said a bit more glumly. "Garion seems a little...a lot....of antsy and worried....he's at the front of the library pressing his face against the window."

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

"He's probably just waiting for Gwyn is all." Smoothie says in reference to Garion.

Smoothie goes to look for Spark. Apparently the dolt colt missed her note.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Smoothie goes to look for Spark. Apparently the dolt colt missed her note.
    Actually, Spark read the note, he just doesn't know where her room here is at. Spark could be found wandering a bit, poking his head in an employees only room.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Actually, Spark read the note, he just doesn't know where her room here is at. Spark could be found wandering a bit, poking his head in an employees only room.
    "Hey Spark. Cloud said you were looking for me." Smoothie says, possibly surpising him. "What did you need?" Smoothie still had a bit of bed-head which might look kinda cute or at least amusing to the foal.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey Spark. Cloud said you were looking for me." Smoothie says, possibly surpising him. "What did you need?" Smoothie still had a bit of bed-head which might look kinda cute or at least amusing to the foal.

The silly colt smiled, dat cute bed head. "Oh...Heya Smoothie...I was just ah...wondering....since I'm about to go on my morning run....if you'd be okay if I left my stuff and let Cloud stick around until I come back when I'm done."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

The silly colt smiled, dat cute bed head. "Oh...Heya Smoothie...I was just ah...wondering....since I'm about to go on my morning run....if you'd be okay if I left my stuff and let Cloud stick around until I come back when I'm done."
    "Oh, sure, that'd be fine." Smoothie says, not all that worried. "Hope you have a good run." she says with a small smile.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, sure, that'd be fine." Smoothie says, not all that worried. "Hope you have a good run." she says with a small smile.

"Heh, thanks,"
    He smiled back at her, waved and headed out the library also waving at Garion as he passed.

He then went on his run, a twelve minute run to Knack's farm and past the library and into town where he stopped at the fountain for a quick break and to get some water.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

"It was gonna be a surprise....!"
    She beamed.
    After Smoothie had gone looking for Spark, Pyrite's brow furrowed.

"Do you get the impression something odd's going on? Smoothie asking after Spark, Spark asking about Smoothie..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie walks back down to where the rest of the group is while Spark goes on his run. She'd have asked, but she didn't want to bother him right before he went for his own run, plus she needed to stick around and watch over the rest of the group since she was essentially the caretaker.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Pixie in the Playground

Shale from Smoothie neck, projecting an audible voice....for once.

"I think that one needs to lay off the sugar."

Back on the farm.

Knack was checking her farm for anything trying to get helpings of her crops. Her magic seemed to be in check now, an offscreen event having almost completely fixed her talent being self effecting.

Satisfied Spark and co. had been keeping the critters away, she lay next to one of the tinkling springs that traveled all over the farm, listening to the natural music it produced while a nearby apple tree provided a gentle shade.

She floated a ripe apple from the tree to her and munched thoughtfully.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    After Smoothie had gone looking for Spark, Pyrite's brow furrowed.

"Do you get the impression something odd's going on? Smoothie asking after Spark, Spark asking about Smoothie..."
    [Just before Smoothie walks in]

"I don't 'member that first part...but I dunno....mebbe? Sparky likes to think he's more mature than he is.....hahah...mebbe he has a crush on her,"
    She sniggered and pondered it. "Naaah...." She shook her head and then looked back at Pyrite. "Do you know any good distractin' games? Keep a frettin' colt from worrying himself to grey hairs?"