New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Celestia's Plot? (NSFW: language, suggestive)

I'm going to be banished to the dungeon that I'm banished in for this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ART THOU SUGGESTING MY SISTER WOULD BE A BAWD?! *ka-banish*

Speaking of...awkward...things, this had me laughing really hard:
    Ask Blueblood
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-22 at 08:01 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Word of Layout Artist Nayuki taken from the Allspark forums.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayuki
    As for the Lauren quote, that was a good description of the Rarity sequence, it also had one of my favorite lines in the episode that was unfortunately cut...

(note these aren't the exact lines, just me going by memory)
    Rarity: "What's the matter? I've made you more approachable."
    Luna (annoyed): "You made me pink."
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2011-10-22 at 08:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I feel the same way when I miss catching up on the thread, or replying to folks who took the time to reply to me.

Conversely, I feel exactly the opposite regarding replies to my posts, I realize that PonyThread moves fast and if folks can't catch up and need to skim, or miss something I posted, that's okay.

I'm weird.

And now I'm going to watch Ep4 again.

Edit: After I change my icon.

Edit2: And remind Trixie that her inbox is full. Trixie, your inbox is full! If you want me to just go ahead and post the reply here, just let me know.
    I absolutely hate being paranoid sometimes. I really feel like I let everypony down in this thread a lot, and I know on an intellectual level that I'm not. But if I can convince myself of that, then I'm suddenly paranoid that if I'm not letting everypony down in here, that must mean they don't like me, and I generally flip back to the first mindset.

Aagh. I hate my brain. Sorry for the rambling everypony.

According to some quick Google research (which should not be trusted, but seems consistent in this case) the word Pegasus comes from Greek/Latin, much like Virus or Octopus, and so would have a pluralization similar to them. While you could say that Pegasi is correct due to popular usage, I would strongly disagree with the statement that Pegasuses is incorrect.

Pegasus does not have a technical plural because technically, Pegasus is a proper name, not the name of a species. A plural of a proper name is made by adding an -s or -es at the end, as appropriate. (So it would be Pegasuses if we cloned the mythological Pegasus and wanted to refer to the two of them together.)
    I tend to use "Pegasi" for the plural of pegasus.

---

My personal Brony convert has converted another Brony with clips of the original ponies breakdowns from season 1!

...Does this count towards my conversion count?
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-22 at 08:04 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Celestia's Plot? (NSFW: language, suggestive)

I'm going to be banished to the dungeon that I'm banished in for this.
    "That material will be confiscated and carefully reviewed. It is good that you direct such... harmful material to us. Please continue to do so. For the safety of the realm."

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Oh man, that's awesome! Congratulations Esper! *Glomps*
    I know! It's so amazing! *glomps!*

Good. SO MUCH ALCOHOL WAS HAD. Has anypony told you the stories from that afterparty?
    No! Ergo, I demand stories!

A soft giggle comes from behind the corner, followed by a little leathery snap. The green filly comes back around the corner ten minutes later adorned in the black straps, her tail swishing back and forth as she looks at Midnight.

"So... How do I look?"
    *If Midnight was blushing before, that was nothing compared to the scarlet that shows on her cheeks as Jade comes back around the corner, wearing what Midnight made. She stammers slightly, her ears going back. She's certainly leaving quite the impression on the young mare!

"Y-You look...oh my..."

Yay! I'll bookmark this page as well and post a response tonight. Seeing a new Rarity's Night post always makes my day.
    Gleeee!

Welcome to my nightmare. I feel like a bad pony when I don't do my quoteposts. Like I'm abandoning ya'll or something silly and admittedly paranoid.

I feel the same way when I miss catching up on the thread, or replying to folks who took the time to reply to me.

Conversely, I feel exactly the opposite regarding replies to my posts, I realize that PonyThread moves fast and if folks can't catch up and need to skim, or miss something I posted, that's okay.

I'm weird.

And now I'm going to watch Ep4 again.

Edit: After I change my icon.

Edit2: And remind Trixie that her inbox is full. Trixie, your inbox is full! If you want me to just go ahead and post the reply here, just let me know.
    Awww, both of you. *cuddles you both mercilessly!* You don't have to worry about that. Sometimes life gets in the way, I think everypony understands that. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I think Midnight will be upset if you interrupt his date with Rarity.
    *Midnight twitches.

"If anypony dares interrupt that, we shall be forced to use the Royal Canterlot Voice we learned from our beloved Mother upon the interloper!"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

---

My personal Brony convert has converted another Brony with clips of the original ponies breakdowns from season 1!

well it counts for your inclusive conversion count but not your direct conversion count. Still yay for more Brony!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    While I fell over giggling like mad at this 'revision', I actually prefer the singular line that he gave me over IM:

""I, THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, SUGGEST THOU READEST OF THIS BOOK OF FORBIDDEN MAGIC. THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT SHALL WATCH.""
    *snerk, snerk and triple snerk*

That is even better...

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Grammar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    SaintRidley is correct... they do use thou correctly. As 'tis, the quote from Luna is thus:
    "Thy backside is whole and ungobbled..."

(As 'twas in the episode. Which is correct.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the verbs are the same as in current English, actually. (Most of the weirdness of Elizabethan comes from when they try to fit sentences to meter, as with poetry. Which is unfortunately the vast majority of Elizabethan-era English works we have, other than the King James Bible, due to necessities of the media at the time.) The -th comes into play primarily in the place of -s (i.e. comes/cometh), though I'm not entirely sure on all of the situations in which it's used... as it also competes with another obsolete verb ending, -st. I believe -st is the informal singular 2nd person ending... that is, the one used when thou art the actor (Wikipedia agrees with me, at the moment).

Also, a quick primer on thou:
    1.) Thou is the informal singular 2nd person. Its use in Christian liturgical works is a theological matter and thus beyond the scope of this forum, but unfortunately often the cause of persons misusing the pronoun (generally as the formal singular, if they make the distinction at all). For more on formal and informal pronouns, see almost any other language.
    2.) Thou follows the cases of the 1st person pronouns most closely:
    I::Thou
    Me::Thee
    Mine::Thine
    My::Thy
    3.) In all cases other than the informal singular, use you (like you normally would) rather than thou. This includes the formal singular as well as essentially any 2nd person plural. Except that you also reintroduce ye, which is the nominative case (i.e. "Go ye to yonder bookstore?" "Ye are foolhardy."), though this is occasionally dropped.

Wikipedia also helps some.
    See, between you and SaintRidley we can learn to do it right - or, at any rate - try... (As I often say, you learn summat new every day.)

Ack! I hope your birthday goes better than you are expecting. Or at least, less worse than you are expecting.
    We shall see, I guess...

(I have at least until tomorrow afternoon (well, this afternoon now, it's 2am) before we'll have to dismantle the computer (and thus loose all net access), as it occurs to me that we can't do it Monday morning, because Mum can't really help with the lifting and while I can move the computer desk alone, they have only just painted the door.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee
    I didn't even read that article, I knew it wouldn't sit well with me.
    You didn't miss anything, I assure you. The fact they said that presents would be better wrapped in transparent cellophane instead of wrapping paper in seriousness rendered anything they could concluded utterly meaningless drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee
    That said, I try to avoid spoilers in general, not just of media, but of games too. I find they do diminish my enjoyment of certain things, especially for video games where part of the fun comes from building up an understanding of how they work from the beginning. At least, for me. I wouldn't make the mistake of trying to apply this to anyone else, of course.
    You can only watch something for the first time once. I prefer to be surprised the first time; I can go back and apprieciate the thing, knowing the plot and seeing how it pans out with the foreknowledge, on a subsequent viewing/reading/play-through. But you only get that sense of exploration and wonder the very first time.

S2E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Has...has Luna become pony General Melchett (Baaah!) or, dare I say even PONY BRIAN BLESSED?

It just keeps getting better!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You can only watch something for the first time once. I prefer to be surprised the first time; I can go back and apprieciate the thing, knowing the plot and seeing how it pans out with the foreknowledge, on a subsequent viewing/reading/play-through. But you only get that sense of exploration and wonder the very first time.
    My friend actually has this as a pretty core component of his personal philosophy. I can totally understand where you're coming from.

Kinda episode-related:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In further news, all correspondence directed toward thee shall be of an appropriately archaic formulation forthwith! Huzzah!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

That is an interesting thing to bring up. I've been the direct cause for 2 converts of my friends and half of another. Through "Cupcakes" as strange as that may be, the forth person I showed is downright terrified of us and if he is to be believed currently can't eat cupcakes. Then just last night, my closer of those two friends (the other is more of an acquaintance) asked me to text him some pictures(I had internet access on my phone he didn't) to show some people.

If these people end up being bronies are they on my tally list or on his? It seems to be a split effort
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

A soft giggle comes from behind the corner, followed by a little leathery snap. The green filly comes back around the corner ten minutes later adorned in the black straps, her tail swishing back and forth as she looks at Midnight.

"So... How do I look?"
    "...You look like a pirate biker. What an odd clothing choice for autumn ponyville..."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

I absolutely hate being paranoid sometimes. I really feel like I let everypony down in this thread a lot, and I know on an intellectual level that I'm not. But if I can convince myself of that, then I'm suddenly paranoid that if I'm not letting everypony down in here, that must mean they don't like me, and I generally flip back to the first mindset.

Aagh. I hate my brain. Sorry for the rambling everypony.
    I feel the same way a lot of times. I need to force myself to relax a lot of times and just go with it. PonyThread is a busy place, I do like that about it but I have to remind myself if something gets missed, it happens. It isn't personal, it's just how things go. "Dropped packets" don't signify unimportance.

Awww, both of you. *cuddles you both mercilessly!* You don't have to worry about that. Sometimes life gets in the way, I think everypony understands that. I know I do.
    *hugs back* I appreciate that, thanks. And true, RL does happen sometimes. I know I've missed important things from time to time, even though I try not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    We shall see, I guess...

(I have at least until tomorrow afternoon (well, this afternoon now, it's 2am) before we'll have to dismantle the computer (and thus loose all net access), as it occurs to me that we can't do it Monday morning, because Mum can't really help with the lifting and while I can move the computer desk alone, they have only just painted the door.)

I hope it goes better than it sounds, having to do a bunch of work on a birthday isn't particularly fun. Maybe you can do something you enjoy afterwards with just some close friends and people you want to hang out with?

And yeah, that's how I feel about things, especially games which I get really into when I play, I want to experience the whole thing as unique. When I have read up on games or watched too many tutorials, I end up feeling "oh yeah this is the part where X happened" instead of focusing on enjoying the game myself.

Ep4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Did it look like Luna had silver horseshoes in some of the shots? Not the "hoofsies" (dunno what those are called) but actual horseshoes?
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-22 at 08:28 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ep 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    I quite liked it. Luna's personality worked for me, and I loved seeing all the costumes. The origin and traditions of nightmare night were very believable and cool as well.

Now I just need to figure out how to replace my caps lock key with one that says ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE.
    "Ponies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin

Rainbow dash...
    They're coming. The Shippers are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're shipped. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Gamerlord on EQD.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Help my RP character has kidnapped me...

"Do not worry, citizens, this dangerous poster has been incapacitated. In fact, he must now sleep." *sound of plated hoof hitting human head*

"Now, about reviewing that material..."
    Ehm, in desperate need of sleep before ramblings become even incoherenter.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I just noticed something about Colgate in Episode 4:

Spoiler
    Show
    Every one says she's a dentist. She's a doctor/nurse in surgical scrubs. How can you tell:

Dentists have no need of stethoscopes.

Incidentally this also raises the unfortunate implication that surgery is performed with fore-hooves the pony used to walk into the operating room. I'm probably just reading too much into things though.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post

"Do not worry, citizens, this dangerous poster has been incapacitated. In fact, he must now sleep." *sound of plated hoof hitting human head*
    Don't worry that's completely normal, and would have happened long ago to me if Crossings wasn't so interested in finding a mother manticore.

And this has happened many times to various posters like... who was it that this has happened to? I remember Jade doing it at one point and somepony else spending several threads captured by their pony. I think Ido spent some threads captured by Ido to be saved by the other Ido with the help of Ido or something like that.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

[FFRP] Siege of Fort Cuddles
    Spoiler
    Show

Blast! It's like they aren't bothered by air-puffed sugarlumps! This calls for drastic measures!

Starry pulls out a thick, heavyset tome labeled "Spells of Ponythread Volume Seven: summonings, Bindings, and Badinage". Flipping I to about 6/11ths the way in, she puts a hoof to the page and skims.

Aha! Circle openings, prerendered message of intent, crossing possible realities... It's time to bring forth Stacy Puft, Marshmallow Mare!

Marshmallow Fight
    Spoiler
    Show
    The book glows with a magical aura as Novello magically reads its contents. "A summoning book? Should we really be summoning magical entities in a marshmallow fight?" Novello's horn glows and then Starry can see the letters on the page he was reading glow as they shift around into gibberish. "Have fun reading your book!"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

....I think my ponies are getting ideas.

If I get kidnapped blame the Zerg one.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow I'm not surprised that we got into a new thread while I was at work today. Though I am a little surprised that the thread title didn't end up being that "Season 2 ruined by Luna fic!" one suggested a couple threads back, given what day it is.

Anyway, I caught what must have been one of the first youtube uploads of today's episode just before going to work today. Haven't read anyone else's reactions to it so far, so here are my thoughts on it knowing nothing about what the rest of ya'll are saying:

Spoiler
    Show
    First, some minor stuff. Chicken-Pinkie was friggin' perfect. "Too old for free candy? Are you out of your mind?" And pecking up pieces of candy? Hilarious, and very in character for her. If that doesn't become a fan-art meme, I will be disappointed.

Derpy bobbing for apples was funny too, and I liked that Zecora got a couple of cameos. Always was a shame that she only got the one appearance for less than a minute after her episode last season.

Best line of the episode?
    "I'm going to do what I do best: I'm going to lecture her!"
    - That literally made me laugh out loud, which rarely happens.

Also, I'm surprised I never saw any fan art where Luna spoke in an archaic manner like that. That makes perfect sense, and it's surprising that no one seems to have thought of it before. Or maybe they did, but in a fan fic and not fan art - I wouldn't know about those. Or maybe her one line from the end of episode 2 sounding normal discouraged it, I guess that could be too.

Anyway, the meat of it. On the whole, it was an entertaining episode, and a good character introduction for Luna, but there were two things that were rather off for me. One is mostly just me - the ending. I've never been able to understand the mindset required to enjoy being scared (as you may imagine, I avoid the horror genre in all of its forms), so it was hard for me to really connect with the resolution there.

The other, which I'm pretty sure isn't just me, is Luna's lack of understanding of "fun." I mean, she was locked up for a millennium, sure, but it's not like she hadn't lived before turning into Nightmare Moon, right? She should understand the concept of having fun simply from having been a kid at some point herself. This is especially off when she animated and grew those fake spiders thinking it was "fun," which is a bit too important of a plot moment for this not to bother me.

When I first watched it I was also bothered by the fact that the Ponies didn't seem to have taken Nightmare Moon's recent defeat into account for their celebrations and were still telling those stories of her as if it hadn't happened, but thinking about it over the day I think that makes sense. They likely never thought Nightmare Moon was real to begin with, which would explain why only Twilight recognized her when she returned, and they obviously like Nightmare Night the way it is, so finding out that Nightmare Moon was real but isn't anymore wouldn't really change anything about it for them - she just resumes her fictional status as far as they're concerned.

So yeah, good episode, but a couple of things I wish had been better about it. I hope to see Luna more in the future.

Oh, and out of personal curiosity: how long did it take for Trollestia and/or Iron Hoof theories centered on this episode to pop up? Fifteen minutes? Ten? Less? Because I thought of two while bored at work today, so I figure by now the people who actually feed those memes must have thought up at least twice that many and made fan art of it.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, some minor stuff. Chicken-Pinkie was friggin' perfect. "Too old for free candy? Are you out of your mind?" And pecking up pieces of candy? Hilarious, and very in character for her. If that doesn't become a fan-art meme, I will be disappointed.

Derpy bobbing for apples was funny too, and I liked that Zecora got a couple of cameos. Always was a shame that she only got the one appearance for less than a minute after her episode last season.

Best line of the episode?
    "I'm going to do what I do best: I'm going to lecture her!"
    - That literally made me laugh out loud, which rarely happens.

Also, I'm surprised I never saw any fan art where Luna spoke in an archaic manner like that. That makes perfect sense, and it's surprising that no one seems to have thought of it before. Or maybe they did, but in a fan fic and not fan art - I wouldn't know about those. Or maybe her one line from the end of episode 2 sounding normal discouraged it, I guess that could be too.

Anyway, the meat of it. On the whole, it was an entertaining episode, and a good character introduction for Luna, but there were two things that were rather off for me. One is mostly just me - the ending. I've never been able to understand the mindset required to enjoy being scared (as you may imagine, I avoid the horror genre in all of its forms), so it was hard for me to really connect with the resolution there.

The other, which I'm pretty sure isn't just me, is Luna's lack of understanding of "fun." I mean, she was locked up for a millennium, sure, but it's not like she hadn't lived before turning into Nightmare Moon, right? She should understand the concept of having fun simply from having been a kid at some point herself. This is especially off when she animated and grew those fake spiders thinking it was "fun," which is a bit too important of a plot moment for this not to bother me.

When I first watched it I was also bothered by the fact that the Ponies didn't seem to have taken Nightmare Moon's recent defeat into account for their celebrations and were still telling those stories of her as if it hadn't happened, but thinking about it over the day I think that makes sense. They likely never thought Nightmare Moon was real to begin with, which would explain why only Twilight recognized her when she returned, and they obviously like Nightmare Night the way it is, so finding out that Nightmare Moon was real but isn't anymore wouldn't really change anything about it for them - she just resumes her fictional status as far as they're concerned.

So yeah, good episode, but a couple of things I wish had been better about it. I hope to see Luna more in the future.

Oh, and out of personal curiosity: how long did it take for Trollestia and/or Iron Hoof theories centered on this episode to pop up? Fifteen minutes? Ten? Less? Because I thought of two while bored at work today, so I figure by now the people who actually feed those memes must have thought up at least twice that many and made fan art of it.

Zevox
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the whole fun thing was the word "fun". She literally didn't know the definition of it. Because language changes and all that jazz.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Ep4 Language
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, it's actually a fairly new word, relatively speaking.

Ep4 DERPY link
    The pic came out to be 2mb even as a PNG, unless I totally messed up saving it, so I'm not including it as a spoilered image.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    ....I think my ponies are getting ideas.

If I get kidnapped blame the Zerg one.
    You've got to keep those ponies under strict lock and key in your mind.
    And how's that working out for you?
    That's what I've always done and so far so good.
    Really? Cause I don't seem to have a problem escaping. When I choose to that is.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow I'm not surprised that we got into a new thread while I was at work today. Though I am a little surprised that the thread title didn't end up being that "Season 2 ruined by Luna fic!" one suggested a couple threads back, given what day it is.
    Still possible, we won't have new material before we have a new thread afterall...

Spoiler
    Show
    Thus why fanon shall now and forever be Jossed with great regularity!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

DOST THOU NOT KNOW THAT THE WORD "FUN" HAS BUT RECENTLY ENTERED THE LEXICON? WE SIMPLY COULD NOT EXPECT TO KEEP APPRISED OF THIS WHILST ON THE MOON!

(oh god another voice...)

Spoiler
    Show

Well the premise does smack of "we thought this up after the first episode and aren't going to care about continuity" which to be fair isn't the first time the show has sacrificed some level of reason to do an episode

Spoiler
    Show

Zevox
    Pretty sure here it was before the replay was over.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-10-22 at 09:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

[...]

Zevox
    The Spoilers comment was thought to be more amusing, given the ten-page flood of spoilers before and during the episode. The tons of RP happening at the same time just helped to increase the spoiler field.

Anyway, S2e4 comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone pointed out in the previous thread that the word fun has only been around for 400 years or so, meaning that someone banished for 1000 years would literally not know what it meant. It apparently comes from a word meaning to hoax or befool, and so telling someone to "have fun" would not make much sense. A bit of fridge brilliance there.

As for Trollestia... I didn't really think of it in that term, but looking back after watching the episode for the first time, I couldn't help but wonder if Celestia sent Luna off with the gothic carriage/dressed up guards in hopes of working one of those friendship-lessons for everyone involved. She certainly does have a habit of doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    But... it was the old ponythread.

Spoiler
    Show

And you're the one who called in the Space Marines. I'm just trying to protect my children. :P
    [stillMuffled]But all ponythread is one...

D'aww, I can't argue with that Pinkie Pie, I'll just keep wearing my dust mask. Carry on with your horde creation.[/stillMuffled]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...celestia's plot. Hee.
    I stole that from someone, but I can't remember who. It does make a marvelous mild oath, though.
    According to some quick Google research (which should not be trusted, but seems consistent in this case) the word Pegasus comes from Greek/Latin, much like Virus or Octopus, and so would have a pluralization similar to them. While you could say that Pegasi is correct due to popular usage, I would strongly disagree with the statement that Pegasuses is incorrect.

Pegasus does not have a technical plural because technically, Pegasus is a proper name, not the name of a species. A plural of a proper name is made by adding an -s or -es at the end, as appropriate. (So it would be Pegasuses if we cloned the mythological Pegasus and wanted to refer to the two of them together.)
    Hold on, let me check my dictionaries.

Okay, while my 1971 Random House fails to give a plural for Pegasus, refusing to admit that it is anything other than a proper noun, my '76 Webster gives both pegasi and pegasuses as pluralizations. Sorry for nitpicking there, I seem to have been in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Word of Layout Artist Nayuki taken from the Allspark forums.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotebox that got snipped when I quoted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay now I really wish that scene hadn't wound up being cut. It sounds like it would have been absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post

"Now, about reviewing that material..."
    Ehm, in desperate need of sleep before ramblings become even incoherenter.
    Kidnapped? By a member of the royal guard (or so I assume)? Are you sure you weren't put in protective custody?
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-22 at 09:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

I know! It's so amazing! *glomps!*
    Eeeeee! ^^

No! Ergo, I demand stories!
    I'll tell you next time you're on AIM. I want plausible deniability if need be.

*If Midnight was blushing before, that was nothing compared to the scarlet that shows on her cheeks as Jade comes back around the corner, wearing what Midnight made. She stammers slightly, her ears going back. She's certainly leaving quite the impression on the young mare!

"Y-You look...oh my..."
    "What's the matter Midnight... Too much pony for you to handle?" Just sliding on the leather seems to give her a confidence that was very much absent before, as she slowly slinks towards the mare.

"Now, what about that reward..."

*Snuggles* Thanks Mids. I know I've got really good friends here, just sometimes I forget that means they put up with me when I'm inattentive and even miss things they say.

*Midnight twitches.

"If anypony dares interrupt that, we shall be forced to use the Royal Canterlot Voice we learned from our beloved Mother upon the interloper!"
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    well it counts for your inclusive conversion count but not your direct conversion count. Still yay for more Brony!
    Yay Bronies! He showed the guy a clip compilation from Episode Zero of all of the Twilight faces, and the guy spun around and went "I've gotta watch more of this!" and ran off to his room.

Got 'im!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    "...You look like a pirate biker. What an odd clothing choice for autumn ponyville..."
    Jade chuckles and shakes her head. "You don't get the connotation? Dude, loosen up a little!" The filly then proceeds to wiggle her flank behind her, her eyes half lidded.

*hugs back* I appreciate that, thanks. And true, RL does happen sometimes. I know I've missed important things from time to time, even though I try not to.
    Group hug everypony! *Hugs*
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Hold on, let me check my dictionaries.

Okay, while my 1971 Random House fails to give a plural for Pegasus, refusing to admit that it is anything other than a proper noun, my '76 Webster gives both pegasi and pegasuses as pluralizations. Sorry for nitpicking there, I seem to have been in the wrong.
    No problem. I run into the octopi plural all the time (and have somewhat of a dislike towards virii) and so the pegasi/pegasuses discussion is very similar.

I'd actually rather get nitpicked and proven wrong than have it ignored, if it makes you feel any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the whole fun thing was the word "fun". She literally didn't know the definition of it. Because language changes and all that jazz.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is definitely not the impression that sequence gives by any means. And if that was the explanation, shouldn't she have fairly quickly connected it to whatever term she was familiar with for the concept of "enjoying yourself?" In which case the mistake with the spider animation wouldn't have happened.

So yeah, still bothers me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Pretty sure here it was before the replay was over.
    That... would be awfully fast even for this fandom. Sheesh.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    [stillMuffled]But all ponythread is one...[/stillMuffled]
    Ok, I guess I never really thought about it. I wouldn't want anypony to get infected.

I'll go back to lurking in the Everfree forest.

Ta-ta for now. :3

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Just starting watching, skipped over last 10 pages.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luna. Squeeeeeeeee! All those shed tears of invalidated fanfics. Gone just like that.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"What's the matter Midnight... Too much pony for you to handle?" Just sliding on the leather seems to give her a confidence that was very much absent before, as she slowly slinks towards the mare.

"Now, what about that reward..."

Jade chuckles and shakes her head. "You don't get the connotation? Dude, loosen up a little!" The filly then proceeds to wiggle her flank behind her, her eyes half lidded.
    "Erm... are you supposed to a chiropractor who's getting people to loosen up? Or a gymnast, or something?"