New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A personal theory of mine is that the friendship lesson letters Twilight (and in the future also the others) send are partly for Celestia's benefit as well, to make her become a better and more considerate ruler. Note that "commoners" are still rather fearful of her at times (like in Bird in the Hoof), and that she doesn't appear to be very fond of it.

Does that make sense at all?
    Good theory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But what if it wasn't as limited as simply to make her a better ruler? Perhaps she sent Twilight to Ponyville to study friendship and report in detail on it because at some point since banishing her sister to the moon she's kind of lost track of how it's actually supposed to work?
    I like the idea that she's just as broken as you might expect a 1000+year old socially isolated person to possibly be after having made so many hard decisions and mistakes. I also like the idea that she not only has an epic enough poker-face to hide it but is also genre aware enough to take steps to resolve the issue without actually admitting it to anyone.

Oh and as for Celestia as a General here's my two cents; I see where you might get the impression that she might not be capable of making the hard decisions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kind of got to disagree though.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Um... I don't know about there, but "The Pink Pony" is the name of a "Gentleman's club" around here...

I suspect Pony Tales is much the same.
    D8 What kind of a place do you think I LIVE in!?

*see that these things are 25-40 miles away, and she's 30 miles from San Fransico*

Shut up..... Just shut up :|
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

*see that these things are 25-40 miles away, and she's 30 miles from San Fransico*

I should mention that "The Pink Pony Gentleman's Club" was located outside of Atlanta GA, with another one in Myrtle Beach...
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

The amount of art I get in my dA messages seems to have DOUBLED in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Oh and as for Celestia as a General here's my two cents; I see where you might get the impression that she might not be capable of making the hard decisions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kind of got to disagree though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somewhat rambling:

I'm sure she can make the necessary decisions. Doesn't change how I see Luna or me thinking she'd make a better general. The commanding presence seems to come naturally to her, while Celestia appears to prefer a more calm demeanor. I also bet she'd be very impressive and inspiring at the head of an army. In a different way than Celestia, that is. I just think it's a role that fits her more naturally, where I feel it's one Celestia only assumes out of a need to do so.

Since Celestia has been ruling Equestria for a thousand years alone and for who knows how long before that, and seeing how Equestria seems to be doing quite well, I'd say she's probably a very skilled leader and diplomat, able to do what must be done.

I like to think that Luna is more war-like, more aggressive, direct and assertive. And I still like Abby the Abacus, so I'd say she's probably also a very intelligent pony, very good at tactics and lawmaking, although that's not based on the new episode at all.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Best one yet. Well worth the wait.
    Mane Cast Trailer: Shine Like Rarity
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    And Neoseanster, I wouldn't eat you if someone paid me too. Your on my buddy list.
    You won't? What, am I not good enough for you!?

What do I have to do to make myself edible, huh? Dip myself in dressing? Dribble icing on top? Hmph!

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Pinkie, of course, but that's completely in character for her.
    Discussion of Ep4 implications, but no real spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yeah, I forgot Pinkie. True. She's kinda the exception, though.

I should mention that "The Pink Pony Gentleman's Club" was located outside of Atlanta GA, with another one in Myrtle Beach...
    Is... is it a club where gentlemen wear pony costumes? I saw a really good Fluttershy cosplayer once, and... and...

Wait, they do what there!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Best one yet. Well worth the wait.
    Mane Cast Trailer: Shine Like Rarity
    Neat, I hadn't seen these before. I'm not sure I was a fan of the music, really, but it was very respectably well made regardless. *watches others*
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-23 at 12:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

I felt compelled to share this, because it tickled my WoW playing days.

Spoiler
    Show

But WHY A SHAMMY?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Spoiler
    Show

But WHY A SHAMMY?
    What would you put her as?

Also, SiuiS, I just wanted to thank you again for this avatar. And thanks for coloring it Thanqol. That being said I might change it later. I hope that's ok with you guys!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Ep 4 question/spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    When all the children went off with Zecora to hear the tale of Nightmare Moon, why would Pinkie and Twilight go with them? They're not children, they know the tale quite thoroughly, neither really acted as a proper chaperone, I just don't get it. Minor quibble, though.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    What would you put her as?

Also, SiuiS, I just wanted to thank you again for this avatar. And thanks for coloring it Thanqol. That being said I might change it later. I hope that's ok with you guys!
    I see Pinkie as more a Rogue, with all her sneaky-gate power and natural agility. (I also feel Pinkie got the short end of the stick with Shammy imbalance and all. Oh, the pain of playing a Resto/Elemental Shammy back then.)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

But WHY A SHAMMY?
    I've been thinking about who'd fit with what class in WoW. Dash would make a better shaman, with the lightning spells and all. I agree that Pinkie fits as a rogue. Twilight is an obvious mage, and Fluttershy would be a druid (with 100+ companion pets, naturally). Not sure about Rarity, though (priest for Generosity?), but she would definitely have Tailoring/Jewelcrafting as professions. As for Applejack... warrior, maybe?

The pic is nice, though.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-23 at 12:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Ep 4 question/spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    When all the children went off with Zecora to hear the tale of Nightmare Moon, why would Pinkie and Twilight go with them? They're not children, they know the tale quite thoroughly, neither really acted as a proper chaperone, I just don't get it. Minor quibble, though.
    Ep4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie's just getting in on the fun, like she is all episode. She gets a kick out of letting herself (pretending to?) get scared. As for Twilight, well, she's a nerd! She knows the story, but she's curious as to just how it's told and how they celebrate in Ponyville. All of her past Nightmare Nights had been spent in Canterlot, not in a rural environment.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Ep 4 question/spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Pinkie went because she's Pinkie, and I think that was Twilight's first Nightmare Night in Ponyville and she wanted to see how they told the story.

Also, she was taking Spike.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

wait, i thought the big old strip club was the Pink Poodle? on...Bascom? was it?....also i thought that place closed down about 10-12 years ago

wait...you are in SF bay area? whereabout?
    i grew up in San Jose
    lived down in Salinas for a few years til i moved out to Kentucky 6 years ago
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-23 at 01:01 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Neat, I hadn't seen these before. I'm not sure I was a fan of the music, really, but it was very respectably well made regardless. *watches others*
    Also check out mmmandarinorange.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    I think we may have found the point at which we reach "too much pony".

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, after freeing the world from Discord way back when, they probably needed to take a very firm hoof to things just so that they could rebuild. Plus, they were probably essentially having to make things up as they go along, from what little we know of that time, they essentially had no training or practice. They probably defeated Discord, and went, whoop, now we're in charge. What now?

Celestia has had a 1000 years to be able to mellow out, and was always probably a little more graceful than her sister was. Luna uses the Royal Canterlot Voice in this episode very much as a defense.

And geez, Titanium! Don't burn yourself out!
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have a pretty good point. Even 1000 years ago, I still see Celestia as the voice and face of the Equestrian rule, with Luna tending to work behind the scenes. Not more sociable per-se, based off of the way she acted trying to pick up through culture shock, but definitely the more seemingly approachable of the two.

Pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony po-
    Don't worry everypony. He wasn't up burning himself out on Pony. I let him out to play some League of Legends and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 with his friends for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    But... how in Equestria can you have self esteem issues? You're like one of the five awesomest people I know!

Seriously, pretty much everything I know about you exemplifies everything that I wish I could be. Not only are you successful and daring, you're also a fantastic writer and roleplayer to boot!

Even if this does nothing to help your self-esteem, at least take some comfort in the fact that you can channel you self-esteem issues into improving yourself. The exact opposite of what I do, which is to just dwell on how useless I am.

(Plus, y'know you totally earned a fade to black with Midnight. I'm so jealous! )
    o/////////////////////o

I... wow. I read this, stopped, flushed a little as my brain processed it, and read it again. This has to be one of the absolutely nicest things anypony has said to me in years, if not ever.

And don't say you're useless. Don't you even think that. You are an awesome pony, and I really wish we could have hung out more while we were in New York. You need to come to BroNYcon in January, and I need to give you a hug as thanks. You're seriously amazing.

(Hehe. I didn't think that little RP would evoke jealousy in anypony. )

...Pinkie! What they hay is wrong with you?! Stop that! That is not how we want to introduce ourselves to non Equestrians!

Spoiler
    Show

But WHY A SHAMMY?
    BECAUSE SHAMMY IS BEST CLASS. I absolutely loved my Shammy while I played. In normal blues and greens, but I'd put so many man hours into Tuskerus that I had optimized my rotation to 7000 DPS.

...I was a little addicted to that game, I have to admit. And then work came along. And then ponies came along. And then all of my free time waved goodbye as it wafted away with the Southern Birds at the running of the leaves.

---

Alright everypony. I'm going into writing mode and throwing Eurobeat Brony's "Discord" on loop for concentration. Yes, this does mean a new Rarity's Night post is on it's way out. Yay!

Also fun random factoid I learned at the con. Eurobeat Brony and I have the same name!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-23 at 01:32 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    ...Pinkie! What they hay is wrong with you?! Stop that! That is not how we want to introduce ourselves to non Equestrians!
    I... I'm not sure how to respond to that...

Also, did you ever click that link I sent you?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Darn you ponythread, you have too many posts. Where are some other ponies to interact with.

You know, you could just interact with us. We're right here, and Becca could have her computer back.

You know what Smoothie? Shush before we shush it for you.

....Are you serious? You're threatening a pony shaped incarnation of destruction?

You're right. We don't know what we were thinking. Please don't destroy us. *Is totally serious*

Alright. Just don't do it again.

We won't.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again I feel like posting a link to this clip.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Bronies! Focus and remember that you are in control!
    Fellow Ponies and characters!
    You are the DM to their PC, the writer to their pencil!
    Now is the time to strike!
    You have the power! You hold their fates in your hooves!
    For Celestia! For Luna! For Equestia! For FREEDOM!
    He wishes it were that easy.

Once, he put me in a coma!

You got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Darn you ponythread, you have too many posts. Where are some other ponies to interact with.

You know, you could just interact with us. We're right here, and Becca could have her computer back.

You know what Smoothie? Shush before we shush it for you.

....Are you serious? You're threatening a pony shaped incarnation of destruction?

You're right. We don't know what we were thinking. Please don't destroy us. *Is totally serious*

Alright. Just don't do it again.

We won't.
    I know the feeling. For me, ponythread is like an ocean, upon which I pour tiny droplets on, while others are waterfalls.

...You're never allowed to try poetry again.

Dawwww.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-10-23 at 01:41 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

21. - Top - End - #261
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Have we ever seen anypony acting anything even resembling casual around Princess Celestia, even briefly?
    Luna from back in season one, of course. Pinkie Pie tends to act pretty casual (Bird in the Hoof especially), although she does bow before running off on her own personal tangets.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    So, guys, I think...*Thunk*
    Clearly, ponysanity has manifested into reality now- *thunk*
    ...what's going on?
    (thwack!)
    (AUTO PARRY)
    (whack!)
    (AUTO PARRYx2 COMBO)

You cannot defeat a goddess, hons. Only another goddess could beat m-
    (thunkx3 combo)
    X_X

To be fair, she should have seen that coming.
    She really should!
    LET'S SHIP EVERYONE
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #263

Thanks, everypony, for your congratulations. I've worked so long to get to this point, to have it here, now...it's absolutely amazing. Just absolutely amazing. I've finally managed to recover my life.

And so, I celebrate with a Rarity's Night post!

Rarity's Night

Spoiler
    Show
    It was perfect.

No, even that word seemed to be lacking. No words could properly describe this moment, none could ever properly do this justice. Not even his mother's storytelling, honed and sharpened over the decades, could have carved out proper words to convey the true beauty of this moment. He knew if he were to be asked about in the future, he would fluster and grope to make his description fitting.

Rarity had always been a beautiful mare, especially in her older years, but she had never looked as beautiful as she did now. It wasn't that she looked younger, she was still graced with the features that only maturity could bring, but she was more vivid, her body shining with life and energy. At this moment, she could have matched, nay, surpassed even Princess Celestia for beauty, a shining sun in the midst of the stars they had created. The day to his night.

An unexpected emotion suddenly assailed him. Anger. How had nopony seen this? How had no Prince or Stallion already swept this lovely damsel off her hooves, and carried her to her dreams? The injustice of it all rankled at him. He could think of nopony more deserving, and for them to have gone so neglected for so long. Left to wither on the vine.

He banished the anger away. A moment of righteous, protective anger was one thing, noble even, but he would not allow it to fester. To do so would be ungentlemanly. It would do his Lady a disservice to dwell on things that no longer mattered. He had made things right.

Not that such emotions could last long in this private world. It was a shared dream, but both were still very awake. Nothing was more real to Prince Midnight at this moment than the mare who was pressed against him. It felt like they had left Equestria, were no longer in the park that they had started their date. This was a place for them, and them alone. He knew that even the waiter who had been attending to them was no longer there.

He felt her hooves slip around his waist. He knew that if one were suddenly to pull away, the other would go sprawling onto the ground. Nay, it was more than that. It felt as if they were to be separated, they would die. One had become an essential part for the other. They shared body, mind, and soul. His hoof reaches, stroking the back of her neck lovingly, tousling her marvelous purple hair.

"My Lady..." He said breathlessly, his muzzle just inches from her own. "Perhaps it is not gentlemanly to be asking this, but I am loathe to waste the precious time that we have."

The warmth and tingling echoed through his body, shared with his Lady. This world they were in was as warm and as cosy as any home and hearth.

"Please, my Lady. Stay with me, here, until the dawn comes."

---

Spike dimly heard Sweetie Belle's question, but he was already trying to think. He didn't know! Twilight had told him that the flowers way back when had dissolved into light, but this was different. Those flowers had essentially wilted on the touch of day and their creator waking from the dream that had created them. But these...It was almost as if they were blooming, like the motes were pollen. They were bright and healthy, stronger than he had ever seen them before.

But it wasn't just that! He shivered just a little, as if a cool summer night's breeze washed over him. The turmoil that he had been feeling seemed to settle, calmed by the flowers magic. Calmed by harmony. There was an indescribable magic here, one that had always laid dormant in these flowers. Only now had it been summoned. He just didn't know why...

"I-I don't know what it means, Sweetie, I've never seen them do this before, I don't think any of us have..."
    He knew that if Twilight were here, she'd be taking notes like mad. Should he get her? Or perhaps message Luna? "I can only think that Midnight has done something to cause this, but I can't think of what it could be."

He wasn't...worried. Somehow, he knew that this wasn't a bad thing. Nothing like this could be bad.

"It's amazing..."
    *Bounces Happily*

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    Far too soon their midnight dance had ended, and Rarity found herself wanting so much more. The night was perfect, and she wanted nothing more than for it to never end. To never return to the status quo. This night was literally once in a lifetime, and she knew that when Celestia once again raised the sun she would be unable to every fall into this magical place again. Her eyes opened as her Prince slowly pulled away, and the sight of the new stars, the new galaxy that surrounded them took her breath completely away.

He was beautiful. His perfect visage against the backdrop of the most beautiful lights and flowers that anypony in the entire world had ever been so lucky to lay eyes on. Nothing in her life before had compared to this, and she knew that nothing again in the future ever could hope to.

His hoof gently stroked her neck, and she pressed her cheek to his chest, her breath matching the soft beating of his heart. She gently nestled into the warm, soft fur, letting out a soft, graceful sigh of complete contentment.

She heard his voice cut through the deafening silence, and she turned towards him, gazing up with imploring eyes, finding herself utterly lost in those endless blue pools.

Her cheeks flushed softly as she raised herself so that her eyes were level with his, and pressed her lips gently to his in response. It was not ladylike for a truly graceful mare to ever take the lead, this she knew. But her caring had been banished to the moon hours ago. This stallion had swept her off of her feet completely and utterly, and she would not stifle the night by forcing any nuances, leading or coaxing him into the actions she desired as would be expected of her in Canterlot.

No. This night was theirs, and theirs alone. And they would spend it as two ponies completely and totally enamored in the other should.

"I would not have it any other way, my Prince."

Her lips pressed to his again quickly and tantalizingly, only to bow her head to him, resting in the crook of his neck, still standing, trusting one another implicitly for the support they needed to stay on their hooves. If one could see, they might even say that it was symbolic of the feelings they shared, the closeness of body, mind, and heart, the trust they were willing to confide in one another. But Rarity realized this not.

She only realized that the night was still young, and that her Prince would be here with her until the morning light.

---

Her eyes were completely glued to the flowers before her as they seemed to spawn the heavens above right in her sister's living room. It was a beauty that words couldn't convey, and that frankly, she had no desire too. Spike seemed just as awed by the phenomena as she was. Regardless of what she had seen, the conclusion she had come to about her sister and Midnight's location and activities of the evening... Everything somehow felt right. It was a rolling wave of calm, a powerful magic she had never seen the likes of before.

And for some reason, the fact that Spike had no idea what was causing them to do this didn't bother her one bit.

Spike's suggestion didn't quite seem to make sense to her though. If Midnight couldn't control what type of flowers she created no matter what she tried, how could she control this powerful of a spell through them. It was almost as if the flowers were somehow linked to her and her completely.

She gently brought a hoof up to one of the small glowing pearls, floating nary a foot before her. There was no feeling of contact, but a comforting warmth, contrasted by the breeze that seemed to be coming from within the flowers themselves. She let out a soft sigh.

"It really is..."

It was surely something to be studied, something to be understood, but she couldn't bring herself to stand, just completely mesmerized by the sight before her.

She wondered silently to herself if anypony other than Spike and herself had ever, or would ever see this amazing sight.

---

I... I'm not sure how to respond to that...

Also, did you ever click that link I sent you?
    Heh. That's what I'm here for!

Also, yes I did and no I've never seen that before.

...Point taken.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-23 at 02:03 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    LET'S SHIP EVERYONE
    Leo takes out a Orichalcum rolled up newspaper. "No shipping anyone against their will."

Heh. That's what I'm here for!

Also, yes I did and no I've never seen that before.
    For us to be unable to respond to?

Oh... Well, never mind then.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

...what's going on?
    (thwack!)
    (AUTO PARRY)
    (whack!)
    (AUTO PARRYx2 COMBO)

(thunkx3 combo)
    X_X

She really should!
    LET'S SHIP EVERYONE
    Ooh. We would very much like to know our shipping options.

No shipping me. I'm under age.

You can ship me all you want.

*Headtilt* Why are you putting ponies in the mail?

The pony speaking in orange is a foal too. No shipping her.

26. - Top - End - #266

*raises a hand* Uh-
    *clears throat* that is-
    I mean to say- *Lowers hand*

I think that's the first time I've been physically rendered speechless by ponythread. Masterfully done.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Nightmare is about to answer Inkblot's various questions, when she's suddenly interrupted by his cry, and turns to look at the giant marshmellow pony starting to kick down the walls to her Cuddlefort!

"Stay here for a moment." She says, gently releasing Inkblot, before extending her wings, and flying up to meet the kaiju-sized monster! "HEY! What are you doing? That's Midnight and mine's fort! Who told you you could smash it?!
    Why You Gotta Be Breakin' Dem Forts All The Time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flashpoint shakes his head. "And here I was thinking that I'd get a nice, relaxing day off in some hick pony village. Ah well!" He gets a silly grin on his face. "'Tis for the honor of a fair maiden!"

He laughs and runs towards the attacking creature, skidding to a stop next to Nightmare and Paladin. With a flick of his hoof, he pulls the cloth off of the object on his back, revealing a sword almost as long as he is.

Addressing the creature, he calls out, "I'm inclined to agree with the dame. Regardless of how unusual I may find their forms of recreation, you don't see me tearing down random structures! Okay, yeah, I do, but only when my work peripherally requires it!"

He turns to Paladin. "Things may turn nasty, if you want I could probably scrounge something up for ya?" He gestures to the pockets on his belt.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Why You Gotta Be Breakin' Dem Forts All The Time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flashpoint shakes his head. "And here I was thinking that I'd get a nice, relaxing day off in some hick pony village. Ah well!" He gets a silly grin on his face. "'Tis for the honor of a fair maiden!"

He laughs and runs towards the attacking creature, skidding to a stop next to Nightmare and Paladin. With a flick of his hoof, he pulls the cloth off of the object on his back, revealing a sword almost as long as he is.

Addressing the creature, he calls out, "I'm inclined to agree with the dame. Regardless of how unusual I may find their forms of recreation, you don't see me tearing down random structures! Okay, yeah, I do, but only when my work peripherally requires it!"

He turns to Paladin. "Things may turn nasty, if you want I could probably scrounge something up for ya?" He gestures to the pockets on his belt.
    Stronghold Pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It certainly does not hurt to be prepared"

Paladin looks at the big sword, then at the giant with a grim expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    *raises a hand* Uh-
    *clears throat* that is-
    I mean to say- *Lowers hand*

I think that's the first time I've been physically rendered speechless by ponythread. Masterfully done.
    Oh, it does that to everypony.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-23 at 02:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 4 questions
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is the name of the spell Twilight mentions, the one Starswirl the Bearded created? The Amniomorphic Spell? I can't quite hear if that's what she says. What do you think that spell does? A brief search of Wiktionary suggest that it... might have something to do with pregnancy or childbirth o.O

What does Luna call the mayor when she addresses her around 8:00? It sounds like "Nightmare Mayor", but... that seems like it must be wrong.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

...what's going on?
    (thwack!)
    (AUTO PARRY)
    (whack!)
    (AUTO PARRYx2 COMBO)

(thunkx3 combo)
    X_X

She really should!
    LET'S SHIP EVERYONE
    "How does one even ship anyone on the thread?"
    Lyra, best not ask. These are wacky ponies on the Internet after all.
    Hush you, you're breaking my cover. *ahem* I meant I'm totally not talking to sentient shotgun. No sirree!