New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

If people are tossing around stuff like that, get the water one, and start pumping out buckets/water cells

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Okay this is just weird: When I try to connect it spits out:
    "must have forge build #136+ (4096 fix) to connect to this server" Umm... I don't think* I recently changed any of my files. So does anyone know what the issue might be.

*Also note, Lamech is really surprised he hasn't screwed his computer up somehow yet. So when I say I don't think I changed my files that doesn't mean much.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, same thing for me, and I know I didn't change my stuff. Domo?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    If people are tossing around stuff like that, get the water one, and start pumping out buckets/water cells
    ok, also, can you think of any use for an infinite use item that can transmute cobble to smooth stone(or the reverse), grass or soil to sand(or the reverse), cycle what type of wood a tree is, change gravel to sandstone(or the reverse), change netherrack to cobble(or the reverse)and instantly freeze water, all of these effects are in an area about 8x8x8.
    So far all I've come up with is the sand to grass thing to quickly make a mob farm for cows, pigs and sheep, or use the gravel to sandstone thign to make tunneling easier, or the netherrack thingy to help spot some tekkit specific ores that spawn in the nether(which dont change to normal ores, and stand out as red), Can you think of any other uses for it?, It can also turn lava into obsidian, but it does so slower then water, and in a smaller area
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

Forge... not sure, but i did actually update various stuff. Relevant for you is that CompactSolars is now using version 2.3.2.10, so you'll need to get that version. (And i suspect update Forge in the process.) >_>
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #1236

My knowledge of Tekkit is limited to Destro's LP, and I believe that is several versions out of date... Although Cobble to smooth can be achieved VIA a Macerator/Electric Forge+power and Buildcraft for automation. Also, doesn't the Philosophers stone do a lot of that?

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, I'm extremely out of date. Later versions of EE removed the philosopher's stone recipes for transmutations and added a bunch of other whatnot to do that more efficiently, which is to say, without adding a bajillion recipes for it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

My knowledge of Tekkit is limited to Destro's LP, and I believe that is several versions out of date... Although Cobble to smooth can be achieved VIA a Macerator/Electric Forge+power and Buildcraft for automation. Also, doesn't the Philosophers stone do a lot of that?
    The Philosophers stone now mostly transforms already placed blocks(the ones mentioned above) and can change coal to charcoal, alchemy coal, or artemis fuel.
    Another possible idea I had today was using the instantly freeze water option to make a pathway across oceans or swamps, at least until i get jetpack or flight ring
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

9. - Top - End - #1239

So this Idea may cause an Angry Mob to come knocking down my doors, but how would you guys feel about the disabling of Mass Fabricators, if UU-matter was made available in other ways? Mostly, I'm referring to using UU-matter as a sort of Currency, With myself playing the role of mint, and the craft-able nature of UU-matter providing the backing.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww... I just got my factory running... How would UU matter gotten from you though? Setting up some of those trade machines, and dispensing UU-matter in exchange for items?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #1241

Basically, if you get the chance, check out the Brick building near Destro's Clock Tower, it should provide an example of what I'm shooting for.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Forge... not sure, but i did actually update various stuff. Relevant for you is that CompactSolars is now using version 2.3.2.10, so you'll need to get that version. (And i suspect update Forge in the process.) >_>
    So, I updated both of those, and now Minecraft is completely broken. It keeps spitting out an error about CompactSolars attempting to load two blocks in the same slot.

Quote Originally Posted by minecraft
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 183 is already occupied by cpw.mods.compactsolars.BlockCompactSolar@9a9f38 when adding cpw.mods.compactsolars.BlockCompactSolar@14b3189
    at mod_CompactSolars.load(mod_CompactSolars.java:51)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContaine r.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:351)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263 )
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.j ava:604)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplet e(FMLClientHandler.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:42 6)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java: 735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 183 is already occupied by cpw.mods.compactsolars.BlockCompactSolar@9a9f38 when adding cpw.mods.compactsolars.BlockCompactSolar@14b3189
    at pb.<init>(Block.java:251)
    at agy.<init>(BlockContainer.java:7)
    at cpw.mods.compactsolars.BlockCompactSolar.<init>(Bl ockCompactSolar.java:22)
    at mod_CompactSolars.load(mod_CompactSolars.java:41)
    ... 7 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 6612dc94 ----------

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

That means you got the mod installed twice, either by having two of them in your mod folder (old and new?) or one in your minecraft.jar and the other in the mod folder.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

In response to Zain's post: aw hells no. Nice try, buddy, but there is no way your'e doing that. (Or, if you are, I'm immediately opening a mint branch of the First National Bank of Bunker Hill.) Can we stop coming up with ideas that limit us? Taking away lasers in the name of balance was enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Its okay, we respond by villager exploitation, and heavy duty scrap production.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-06 at 07:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    In response to Zain's post: aw hells no. Nice try, buddy, but there is no way your'e doing that. (Or, if you are, I'm immediately opening a mint branch of the First National Bank of Bunker Hill.) Can we stop coming up with ideas that limit us? Taking away lasers in the name of balance was enough.
    Keep in mind that Current Mass Fabs would still work, you just had better hope they never get broken by a creeper.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep in mind that Current Mass Fabs would still work, you just had better hope they never get broken by a creeper.
    Now that is just a straight up no. If your clever you can pipe as much power into a mass fab as you want. (It only has a max packet size limit, I think.) That is just going to be bad for new players (or ones who get creepered, or something else stupid) who don't have a full base system set up. So old players will have mass fabs, and new ones won't. And it won't limit the old players. Even a fairly simple copper cable and bat box set up should be able to produce feed over 1000EU/t.

We'll just end up with an inane two tiered society.

Also where's the newest compact solar download?
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-07 at 12:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Also where's the newest compact solar download?
    Here you go.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Here you go.
    The forge download right?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

The forge download right?
    Yeah, the latest 2.3.2.10.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the latest 2.3.2.10.
    Hmm... I think I installed it, but it keeps on claiming I haven't... I'm just supposed to drop everything in the mods folder right?
    Edit: NVM I have returned! To the server!
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-07 at 04:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

So my sprawling base is located at 300,320. And its near some sort of t shaped building and I'm wondering whose it is...
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #1253

It seems that your located by the old pig racing Arena, and that isn't really used much... Also, nice cactus farm
    Last edited by Zain; 2012-07-08 at 11:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems that your located by the old pig racing Arena, and that isn't really used much... Also, nice cactus farm
    I was originally going to make a wall around my base of cactus's, but monsters seem to not die from environmental damage. (Cactus's, drowning, ect.) Now I just use them to passively provide stuff to a recycler. Also weirdest glitch ever, instead of mining cobble from stone, my quarry is now producing insulated copper wire.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-08 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

I was originally going to make a wall around my base of cactus's, but monsters seem to not die from environmental damage. (Cactus's, drowning, ect.) Now I just use them to passively provide stuff to a recycler. Also weirdest glitch ever, instead of mining cobble from stone, my quarry is now producing insulated copper wire.
    That is more of a Cursed with Awesome situation you've got there. You can make solar panels a lot more quickly, then.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    That is more of a Cursed with Awesome situation you've got there. You can make solar panels a lot more quickly, then.
    It stopped after the chunk got reloaded. (Or maybe a server reset). Still I got about 15 free cable. Also its slightly glitched. If I place it down, its copper cable, but before it has a weird picture and doesn't work in crafting recipes. I'll screenshot it at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

If you have Redpower2 on your server, you can use it to set up a bucket brigade to a series of water mills to produce 2 EU/tic per water mill (and 2x mills per generator) that runs nonstop 24/7 and can be situated at bedrock level to power your mining operations closer to your branch mines.

As an alternative, Geothermal generators can have lava piped directly into them via waterproof pipes, or you can run them in through cells. 20 EU/tic per generator, and it's not really all that expensive. I generally set up a battery of nine of them all hooked up to the gold liquid pipes to keep them powered for a total of 180 EU/tic. Enough to keep a mass fab running. Better than some of the 'safe' nuclear plants I've seen (although CAUSIC still blows it out of the water by a mile), a WHOLE lot less resource intensive than the same, and doesn't require a lot of tech to get going.

As far as where to find the lava... it's not all that difficult to find at or near bedrock level. Find a lava lake, build a pump, run it. If you are really worried, import lava from the Nether. Either use cells and an EnderChest or just hop over with a stack or so and manually click for a half a minute. Again, if you have Redpower2, this becomes a trivial and fully automated task.

Also, if you have Teleport Pipes, this becomes *MUCH* easier, but has the requirement of 2 diamond gears per 8 pipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Enough to keep a mass fab running.
    Actually, any amount of power is enough to keep a mass fab running. It will just make stuff really slowly, if you don't have much power. Also I don't think we have Red power.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-08 at 10:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, no Redpower, although why you think that would be necessary I'm not especially sure. Redpower just lets you make stuff smaller, really.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Yeah, no Redpower, although why you think that would be necessary I'm not especially sure. Redpower just lets you make stuff smaller, really.
    Redpower has a lot more than that, actually.

Build a faster Quarry that can move by itself

And here is what I am talking about.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-09 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora