New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

You can do automated water mills without redpower, it just takes more space, and a little more time. Also that first link is a 404, and I was generalising. I know it also has marble, and some other ores, and stuff. It's a good mod, I'm not denying that, I'm just saying we could do the water mills without it.

Unless of course, I am mistaken about something or other.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-07-09 at 11:20 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    You can do automated water mills without redpower, it just takes more space, and a little more time. Also that first link is a 404, and I was generalising. I know it also has marble, and some other ores, and stuff. It's a good mod, I'm not denying that, I'm just saying we could do the water mills without it.

Unless of course, I am mistaken about something or other.
    I fixed the link. May want to check it out.

How can you do automated water mills on a server without it? Logistics Pipes is single player only, that's the only other way I know of to pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you have Bucket Filler, or anything like that, it's easy. If water mills can accept water from pipes directly, it's easier. After that, it's just a matter of using EU detector cables and a bit of redstone with an inverter to tell the engine when to pump water buckets.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you have Bucket Filler, or anything like that, it's easy. If water mills can accept water from pipes directly, it's easier. After that, it's just a matter of using EU detector cables and a bit of redstone with an inverter to tell the engine when to pump water buckets.
    I'm not familiar with a way of making water mills accept water from pipes directly. There used to be Filters, but last I heard, it went by the wayside some time ago. Same thing with Bucket Filler.

Also, it makes a sorting system much cheaper (no diamond pipes required!), making a mobile platform quarry which can be set up to run, then when it hits bedrock, retract the quarry head, move over, and start again, indefinitely.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

There's also Equivalent Exchange, and Minefactory Reloaded if you can get that to work with SMP, but we don't have those either. I was using EE in my Single Player game. The main trick is getting a source of water buckets. After that, Redpower just makes things smaller and easier. It is useful, but not necessary.

Of course, I'm on creative mode, so I don't need any of it...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

There's also Equivalent Exchange, and Minefactory Reloaded if you can get that to work with SMP, but we don't have those either. I was using EE in my Single Player game. The main trick is getting a source of water buckets. After that, Redpower just makes things smaller and easier. It is useful, but not necessary.

Of course, I'm on creative mode, so I don't need any of it...
    Ahh... EE. That would explain it. Not much a fan of EE, personally. Well, if you have EE, then simply hooking up your lava amulet to a battery of Geothermal Engines would be in every way superior to nearly any other form of IC2 power generation.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on Redpower, I find it highly useful in nearly every situation.

As far as buckets go... Redpower (or was it Forestry) lets you make them out of Tin.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-09 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    A...
    As far as buckets go... Redpower (or was it Forestry) lets you make them out of Tin.
    Native IC² already does that.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh... EE. That would explain it. Not much a fan of EE, personally. Well, if you have EE, then simply hooking up your lava amulet to a battery of Geothermal Engines would be in every way superior to nearly any other form of IC2 power generation.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on Redpower, I find it highly useful in nearly every situation.

I like EE, but the server doesn't have or need it. I prefer it in single player, where it allows me to do more stuff with the materials I have. And the reason I was using water is that the lava amulet needs redstone to do its thing, unless that has been changed.

As for agreeing to disagree, I don't, really. I think you may have missed my point. I like Redpower. I think it's useful. I'm just saying that if you don't have it, there are other possibilities.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, for about 1Eu/tick you can use a chest and an IC pump to fill one bucket every Cycle, and that seems to be buckets to run about 2 watermills. You can see an example of this system in new rainwater, follow the blue path.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yeah, speaking of filling buckets: 1.3 (and a couple of the current snapshots) let you suck in water via dispenser into a bucket on the inside. This will most likely be highly useful together with pipes and engines.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Oh yeah, speaking of filling buckets: 1.3 (and a couple of the current snapshots) let you suck in water via dispenser into a bucket on the inside. This will most likely be highly useful together with pipes and engines.
    Ahh, basically turning dispensers into RP2 Deployers. Neato.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Question: How many chickens can the server take before it starts to induce lag? I may have asked this before, but now I'm getting closer to starting my chicken/food/feather/scrap farm. Also on that note, assuming the experiment goes well, I'll have an answer to our scrap shortage.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-09 at 11:22 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Question: How many chickens can the server take before it starts to induce lag? I may have asked this before, but now I'm getting closer to starting my chicken/food/feather/scrap farm. Also on that note, assuming the experiment goes well, I'll have an answer to our scrap shortage.
    I'm not sure if it's the same for iskander's server, but sap's server seems to be able to take about 75 chickens in one chunk before localized lag starts, so around 70-80 may be a good cut off/culling point for a small chicken farm.
    edit; small as in compact, i put my chickens in a 2x2x12 water elevator, so a more spread out chicken farm may have less lag.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-10 at 12:58 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same for iskander's server, but sap's server seems to be able to take about 75 chickens in one chunk before localized lag starts, so around 70-80 may be a good cut off/culling point for a small chicken farm.
    edit; small as in compact, i put my chickens in a 2x2x12 water elevator, so a more spread out chicken farm may have less lag.
    That's not very many chickens... and by small I was sticking them all in a 1*1*1 area.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    That's not very many chickens... and by small I was sticking them all in a 1*1*1 area.
    oh, in that case you can probably have a very large chicken farm.
    somethign which may be useful; on a tekkit server I was on recently, someone made a quarry thingy(I say thingy, becasuse quarries dont normally cause lag spikes, he said the reason was due to him using an unusual power source for it[I would guess something involving sugarcane being broken with a redstone pulse]) that when i got too close caused a massive lag spike....but once i was outside of a one chunk barrier between it's chunk and me the lag was drastically reduced, so even if your device does cause lag, as long as it isn't in a are with a large population you shouldn't have to worry too much
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-10 at 10:15 PM. Reason: grammar
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    oh, in that case you can probably have a very large chicken farm.
    somethign which may be useful; on a tekkit server I was on recently, someone made a quarry thingy(I say thingy, becasuse quarries dont normally cause lag spikes, he said the reason was due to him using an unusual power source for it[I would guess something involving sugarcane being broken with a redstone pulse]) that when i got too close caused a massive lag spike....but once i was outside of a one chunk barrier between it's chunk and me the lag was drastically reduced, so even if your device does cause lag, as long as it isn't in a are with a large population you shouldn't have to worry too much
    Hmm... yeah, I'm not near most people, and I have open chunks. I'm sure I could still kill the server if I did the super chicken farm of doom, but I'm not that insane.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #1277

In regards to something that may kill things, when Soul shred and I are done, swimming onto the Island that is the manufacturing district and not taking the two bridges may in fact kill you, as due to a large number of mobs spawning to the south, we're planning to add defenses, more specifically, we're planning to electrocute anything that tries to swim across.

Just a warning

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Two items of note:

1. We are now using IndustrialCraft² 1.97 (up from 1.95) which includes a bunch of bugfixes, including jetpacks and sound. (Yay)

2. A new map has been rendered and can be found at the usual location.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that an impressively large aethercraft I see floating over Karbranth?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Well, it looks like the Vesper has finally been ported in. The only problem being I don't have the .jar files or the software to get back online right now, in order to begin finishing up the interiors and have the craft combat ready.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-12 at 08:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Ahh, I see my random jumble of buildings, looks like I hoped it would.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Looks rather like the Normandy. Colour me impressed.

And challenged.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Looks rather like the Normandy. Colour me impressed.

And challenged.
    I would be a lot more threatened if you weren't, say, in Creative mode. Sarthulis and I gathered the materials for that in under a week of mining and mass fabrication.

And yeah, it is the Normandy design, but we changed the "N" to a "V" and are re-doing the interiors.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey now. I contributed a significant portion of the iron needed. Obsidian, too, if I remember correctly.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

How interested would people be in an egg chest in spawn? I could stick a bunch of chickens in a pen on top of an obsidian pipe, and have it feed into a chest. Then the eggs can be used for whatever; feathers, meat, xp, chickens.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

I would be a lot more threatened if you weren't, say, in Creative mode. Sarthulis and I gathered the materials for that in under a week of mining and mass fabrication.

And yeah, it is the Normandy design, but we changed the "N" to a "V" and are re-doing the interiors.
    There is that. My project wouldn't be legit, or helpful for the war effort, but it would be larger.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #1287

Soul Shred and I may be baited into something, but we've been occupied by other projects at the moment. Most notably Beer.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

I have returned from my hiatus. There are several things on my agenda, most notably the completion of the Vesper. I have begun (and actually nearly finished) the renovations of the interior. However, I will need DreamingMage's help for designing/building the gun batteries and I will need a crew of NPCs to pilot her.

The Vesper isn't going anywhere (being in low orbit and all) and some people aboard would be nice, not to mention allow for long range barrages. I would need, from Domo:
    - 1 Captain (Reynolds), on the Bridge.
    - 1 Engineer (Frye), in the Engine Room.
    - 1 Medical Officer (Tam), in the Medical Bay.
    - 1 First Mate/Gunner (Cobb), in the Main Battery Control Room.
    - 3 or 4 other crew members throughout the ship.

I've set up a warp in my alcove, and will probably add one in Sarthulis' as well. There will be signs within the ship itself, and I should have phase doors up soon to keep the main sections separate. Domo: if needed, you can wait until I'm online and I can show you where to put the NPCs.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-07-18 at 02:41 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

I have returned from my hiatus. There are several things on my agenda, most notably the completion of the Vesper. I have begun (and actually nearly finished) the renovations of the interior. However, I will need DreamingMage's help for designing/building the gun batteries and I will need a crew of NPCs to pilot her.

The Vesper isn't going anywhere (being in low orbit and all) and some people aboard would be nice, not to mention allow for long range barrages. I would need, from Domo:
    - 1 Captain (Reynolds), on the Bridge.
    - 1 Engineer (Frye), in the Engine Room.
    - 1 Medical Officer (Tam), in the Medical Bay.
    - 1 First Mate/Gunner (Cobb), in the Main Battery Control Room.
    - 3 or 4 other crew members throughout the ship.

I've set up a warp in my alcove, and will probably add one in Sarthulis' as well. There will be signs within the ship itself, and I should have phase doors up soon to keep the main sections separate. Domo: if needed, you can wait until I'm online and I can show you where to put the NPCs.
    Careful about hirin' on Medical Officer Tam. His kid sister is... umm... essentric. Has a tendency to accidentally dismantle things. Oh, and don't let her watch the Fruity Oaty Bar commercials. Ever. Besides, he's a clumpin' core worlder. I give him ten minutes groundside before he goes crazy. Less if you drop him in with a bunch of mudders.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Careful about hirin' on Medical Officer Tam. His kid sister is... umm... essentric. Has a tendency to accidentally dismantle things. Oh, and don't let her watch the Fruity Oaty Bar commercials. Ever. Besides, he's a clumpin' core worlder. I give him ten minutes groundside before he goes crazy. Less if you drop him in with a bunch of mudders.
    Well, he isn't getting those ten minutes then. Moreover, who said anything about a kid sister?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.