New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Figured as much. Although I always hear of how bad his early game is (yet it seems so long as a Vlad is not dumb in lane, he can pull through just fine...)
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Figured as much. Although I always hear of how bad his early game is (yet it seems so long as a Vlad is not dumb in lane, he can pull through just fine...)
    Depends on the lane opponent (and player; the worse the player, the less efficiently aggressive they generally are). Strong ranged laners played by strong players **** all over Vlad (think Cassiopeia, Brand, Anivia, etc.) but basically anyone else he's fine against.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

I just hope the new Bladed Armor mastery won't allow an enemy to sic the tower on you by autoattacking you once. That would be HORRIBLE.

I like the new tower-pushing masteries, but I think that the Defense one should have been a reduction in tower damage instead of tower armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I just hope the new Bladed Armor mastery won't allow an enemy to sic the tower on you by autoattacking you once. That would be HORRIBLE.
    Note that it's monsters and minions only.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just recently started playing vlad a bit and found him fun. His early game is not as bad as people say, especially against someone like morgana if you can dodge her snare. Do a boots start with 3 pots and play aggressive with his q. His midgame is phenomenal, I oftwn find myself getting 10 or more kills at that point. Unfortunately he scales poorly into the lategame, doesn't have a huge amount of damage, and needs to build tanky unless he wants to rely on only his q and r or explode in fights. I'd say his core is WotA, Rylais, derpcap. Zhonyas is good for him cause he can use his e and q, pool, e and q, zhonyas, e and q again. Cooldown reduction is important on him now, so you should probably grab stompers instead of sorc boots. Abyssal is good since he does need some MR and that aura is pretty nice. Spirit Visage is good if you need some MR early to midgame.

Tl;dr: decent early game, amazing midgame, okay lategame, and counters Kassadin mid.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Note that it's monsters and minions only.
    Oh, much better, in that case.

I wish some characters (like Cho) counted as Monsters. Really change a lot, right? Suddenly, you can hit him with Smite, but not Ignite!

(Note: joking)
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #457

I wish some characters (like Cho) counted as Monsters. Really change a lot, right? Suddenly, you can hit him with Smite, but not Ignite!

Well, if you hit him at level 1, you'd likely force a B with a teeny bit of harass I'd wager.
    (Smite deals 445 damage at level 1, Cho with Doran's Ring has 540 HP at level 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

8. - Top - End - #458

You can hit Monsters with Ignite.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    You can hit Monsters with Ignite.
    I meant Exhaust.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #460

I love the new masteries. It will probably be tweaked with playtesting, but the concept that any champion can go down any tree and never have to waste points in stuff that can't help him (mana for energy users) makes me so happy.

I love mostly all of the announced changes. I'm hoping the Miss Fortune buffs are significant though. When she and Graves were free in the same week, it was laughable how big the power gap was between them. I think she could use number buffs all over, and her ultimate dealing physical damage and scaling purely on AD would be a huge help.

The one thing that has me scratching my head are the Tristana buffs. I was under the impression that she was very strong already. Very strong. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple weeks later, Morello announced nerfs for her.

I also wonder if Ezreal will be getting buffs any time soon. All I want is a W that isn't so lackluster. The only time it's actually useful is when my team is burning down a tower / dragon / baron, and even then it doesn't feel very significant. Team fights I'll throw it out just because it's something to do when Mystic Shot is on CD, not because it's particularly useful. It's 40% for 5 seconds and a short range. Meh. Why not a movement speed buff/debuff instead? I'd actually want to put ranks in that!

/rant

11. - Top - End - #461

You totally should be able to exhaust monsters.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

What else would change a lot that's monster-only or champ-only that would seriously change if Cho, Kogmaw, etc counted as monsters?
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

You totally should be able to exhaust monsters.
    Exhausting Baron and Dragon would be... really really problematic.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

What else would change a lot that's monster-only or champ-only that would seriously change if Cho, Kogmaw, etc counted as monsters?
    Cho'Gath deals 1000 damage to monsters with feast, Nunu can consume monsters. Malzahar can't ult monsters. Couple other champs can't use their ultimates on monsters.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Exhausting Baron and Dragon would be... really really problematic.
    Baron's CC proof, so Exhaust wouldn't affect him... I think?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    They're both CC-proof but not debuff proof. Yi doesn't get the movespeed decrease from Exhaust while ulting, but he still gets the damage decrease.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yeah, it's only vs 'disabling debuffs' i.e. stun, airborne, etc.

A shame you can't throw the Baron up.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Yeah, it's only vs 'disabling debuffs' i.e. stun, airborne, etc.

He's permanantly rooted to the ground. How would that work?
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #469

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    You can if you don't cook him right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

All this talk about Baron. Remember before when baron could solo a spawn tower before it got a buff and win? Ah, good times. Good times. Times where you could run in as trynd and kill them all while your ult was active. Or Mundo it up in their spawn. Or AP Yi Meditate and take the tower aggro while the rest of your team kills them.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

21. - Top - End - #471

Or solo baron as Mundo at level 1.

Also, efdf, I just saw a couple of your replays. I just have to say about the last one: Really, efdf? Really? Your team just trolls and dies every team fight, and then you just randomly decide "You know what? I feel like a quadra right about now." And then you win. Just... really?

Also, as I think of it, I seriously wonder if lifesteal masteries could extend the jungling capacity of some champs. Do you think anyone would be a good jungler if they could just get their hands on some lifesteal outside of/in addition to vamp scep?
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-12 at 06:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Or solo baron as Mundo at level 1.

Also, efdf, I just saw a couple of your replays. I just have to say about the last one: Really, efdf? Really? Your team just trolls and dies every team fight, and then you just randomly decide "You know what? I feel like a quadra right about now." And then you win. Just... really?

Also, as I think of it, I seriously wonder if lifesteal masteries could extend the jungling capacity of some champs. Do you think anyone would be a good jungler if they could just get their hands on some lifesteal outside of/in addition to vamp scep?
    This makes me want to get the LoL replayer.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #473

I did just to look at the replays. Was totally worth it.

I wish you could actually play at different PoVs. I'm sure that was just turn out horribly, though.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Dralnu View Post
    I also wonder if Ezreal will be getting buffs any time soon. All I want is a W that isn't so lackluster. The only time it's actually useful is when my team is burning down a tower / dragon / baron, and even then it doesn't feel very significant. Team fights I'll throw it out just because it's something to do when Mystic Shot is on CD, not because it's particularly useful. It's 40% for 5 seconds and a short range. Meh. Why not a movement speed buff/debuff instead? I'd actually want to put ranks in that!

/rant
    [out of character]Essence Flux is actually a really solid skill. It's the worst part of his kit but that's because his other skills range from grreat (ultimate) to a bit more great (Mystic Shot) to amazingly ridiculous oh my why does this even exist (Arcane Shift). The reason why most people say it's terrible is the mana cost, and they're very much correct. Grab a blue buff or simply teamfight with full mana and it's actually quite useful. It's good for getting passive stacks (fastest way) and also useful when fighting INFERIOR AUTOATTACKING AD.[/out of character]
    ESSENCE FLUX IS TERRIBLE BUFF PLZ

They'd be useless because of Madred's Razors. Not Bloodrazor. Just Razors.

Ezreal is actually a decent jungler as is. With the mastery changes he might be a bit more viable.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-11-12 at 06:21 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Lol. Dignitas got kicked out of IEM Kiev qualifiers by random High Elo team. Apparently Scarra Morgana lost to Leblanc.

edit: L0cust twitter reveals that Jatt was D/Ced for the match.
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-11-12 at 07:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476

I just spent like an hour writing the world's most controversial tier list but that's not important

WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS LEBLANC'S CLONE APPLIES ON HITS (without showing the number)

MAN YOU GUYS
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I just spent like an hour writing the world's most controversial tier list but that's not important

WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS LEBLANC'S CLONE APPLIES ON HITS (without showing the number)

MAN YOU GUYS
    ...I... what? How did you find this out? When would you ever get to use it? Could you maybe build Rageblade or Malady or something? Rageblade seems okay, auto-attack to last hit and harass, jump in with max stacks. But that doesn't really involve the clone. I seriously need to know, now, how could this ever be used?

28. - Top - End - #478

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    ...I... what? How did you find this out? When would you ever get to use it? Could you maybe build Rageblade or Malady or something? Rageblade seems okay, auto-attack to last hit and harass, jump in with max stacks. But that doesn't really involve the clone. I seriously need to know, now, how could this ever be used?
    Frozen Mallet + Bloodrazor + Malady + Rageblade + Black Cleaver + Boots LeBlanc.

New meta.

29. - Top - End - #479

It was on the wiki and then a friend of mine tried it out just now. There's very little application for it, but it happens.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #480

No Wit's End? If LeBlanc's clone really does apply on-hits, then pumping up attack speed and slapping people with Wit's End and Malady on-hits could really hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.