New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Speaking of Bot Games...

Spoiler
    Show

I tried Magewick :D There is a story to this though. Basically around the middle of the game, our Catilyn DC's, and the four of us, one of which is one of my friends, eventually won. Good god so much cc :(
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

GAAAAH FIZZ IS 6300!!!

Also, why do you have to wait until the end of Playful to get the big splash? I was expecting them do do something like "If you recast (or the duration ends), you drop straight down with a big splash. If you try to move, you jump in that direction with a small splash."

That way the big splash would actually be good without someone else hitting an enemy with hard CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite bit of playing Fizz so far was when Blitz got Ashe-bot to pop her R on him after he had gotten Annie-bot to waste Tibbers further up the lane.

I QW her down and then run for brush because I'm really low.

Annie is at about half health and that's when my R goes off cooldown.

I chuck the fish at her and charge in as soon as the Orca vanishes and QE her down.

=D

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

I refuse to play Fizz until they add "FISH KILL!!!" to the death announcement when you finish them with your ult.

5. - Top - End - #635

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    I chuck the fish at her and charge in as soon as the Orca vanishes and QE her down.

=D
    The fact that it's an orca almost makes me want to get him and that skin. But the wife, she would not be happy.

*light bulb* I need to try Blitz in the jungle again. There might be a way to make that work with the new masteries. Anything anyone wants me to test?

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    GAAAAH FIZZ IS 6300!!!
    You weren't seriously expecting anything different, were you?

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    The fact that it's an orca almost makes me want to get him and that skin. But the wife, she would not be happy.
    It's the whole reason I blew 10 bucks instead of 5.

I'm looking at his skins and am like, "Eh....don't care for the Atlantea...Arctic skin gets Orca instead of Shark! MUST HAVE!!!"

And since the bundle was cheaper than buying him and the one skin, I got the Atlantean for free.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god! Arctic Fizz has an Orca! When I get him, I'm so getting that skin!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Speaking of Bot Games...

Spoiler
    Show

I tried Magewick :D There is a story to this though. Basically around the middle of the game, our Catilyn DC's, and the four of us, one of which is one of my friends, eventually won. Good god so much cc :(
    The nontroll Magewick is more like CDR/Mpen Wick. Frozenheart+Spirit Visage+Sorc Shoes+Void Staff

10. - Top - End - #640
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post

*light bulb* I need to try Blitz in the jungle again. There might be a way to make that work with the new masteries. Anything anyone wants me to test?
    It worked already with old Masteries. SK has run Snoopeh on Blitz jungle in tournament matches.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    It worked already with old Masteries. SK has run Snoopeh on Blitz jungle in tournament matches.
    Doublelift didn't understand, but then again, he's not a jungle player.

Blitzcrank jungle seems to me like a jungle that is more along the lines of "I gank, and then I jungle some" while most junglers are "I jungle, but I want to gank."

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

So, it seems Shueria is finaly free to play, any advice for jungling her?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

things that make me sad

Tanks that refuse to intiate
    carries who don't know how to stay in safety.
    people who don't know how to retreat ping.
    Surge's CD.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

14. - Top - End - #644

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, when I say jungle, I mean, "Can he do a full clear by himself [i.e., no leash] without dying or having to go back?"

The answer seems to be no, but it could be a problem with my masteries. I think he could manage blue-to-red with a strong leash, but he probably is someone you really want ganking. A lot.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So, it seems Shueria is finaly free to play, any advice for jungling her?
    ...I assume you're talking about Shyvana?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

6 bans total in ranked.

Awww yeah.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    6 bans total in ranked.

Awww yeah.
    What, you mean they changed that but didn't include it in the patch notes? Like, wtf? That's more important than any other single change in the entire game, for a lot of people.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-11-15 at 01:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    What, you mean they changed that but didn't include it in the patch notes? Like, wtf? That's more important than any other single change in the entire game, for a lot of people.
    They also apparently completely bugged out TF, and didn't fix the jungle so that you can hit level 4 without doing Red Buff (like you could before). So yeah, expect a hotfix.

I do agree with you, its like "WTF 3 bans all of the sudden."

19. - Top - End - #649

Does anyone else have an annoyingly large picture of Teemo covering half of their screen while in the LoL client?
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

20. - Top - End - #650

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    Does anyone else have an annoyingly large picture of Teemo covering half of their screen while in the LoL client?
    Only pictures where's covering it with mushrooms.

21. - Top - End - #651

Oh, hey! New summoner spell icons! Cool.

Also, so many good masteries now. I've never had such trouble picking a tree before. That said, the reduced disables from defense just seems too good to pass up.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Has EUW been patched yet? I got some sort of a patcher and had to do the whole accept thing again, but no new masteries yet.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I actually really dislike most of the new icons: I don't think they really match the feel of the rest of the game.

Also, Fizz is rather entertaining. But I'll know more later today, if I play him...I have a bunch of other experimenting to do first.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

24. - Top - End - #654

Anyone have any opinion on the Graves nerf?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

25. - Top - End - #655

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Haven't played him since the nerf, but I do have some initial thoughts.

Range Nerf: I don't like it, but it makes sense. Graves is an up-and-in-your-face carry. That said, I don't like the 125 range discrepancy that plagues ranged carries: that's one of the reasons that Cait and Kog are so dominant these days. I'd rather have hit another aspect of him and kept the range, just like I'd give Trist a bit more range to start out with.

Damage Nerf: It hurts a bit, but, again, probably reasonable. While it is effectively around a 12-15% damage nerf of his Q, he did have a lot of burst. Again, probably wouldn't have hit both this and range without some compensation elsewhere.

Mana Nerf: I think this was uncalled for. Cutting his range, his damage, and his ability to use either his gap-closer or his primary nuke is going to be painful (I suspect).

What Would I Have Liked?
    Honestly, with all of this I'd have raised his passive back up to the initial values. This would reaffirm him as a tanky, close-ranged AD carry, giving him back a bit of survivability in exchange for fewer spells, less range, and less damage.

That said, I don't think it'll hurt him that much, but I think the nerfs were a bit heavy.

I also don't think the nerfs to Caitlyn or Kog were enough, nor did the buffs to Trist or MF live up to my expectations (although I'll still be trying Trist out, 'cause I still love Trist).

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Aren't they just slightly different than they used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    He was a little too strong. We'll see if Riot went overboard here or if he's in a good place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I also don't think the nerfs to Caitlyn or Kog were enough, nor did the buffs to Trist or MF live up to my expectations (although I'll still be trying Trist out, 'cause I still love Trist).
    Trist was already pretty great pre-buffs. It'd be nice if her abilities scaled with her AD, but she's fine without that.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Honestly, with all of this I'd have raised his passive back up to the initial values. This would reaffirm him as a tanky, close-ranged AD carry, giving him back a bit of survivability in exchange for fewer spells, less range, and less damage.
    This is an obvious design choice. Graves was intended to be a hero that straddled the line between AD Carry and TankyDPS. This failed when Riot gave him good range, amazing AD Scaling, and a defensive Steroid that made people not build him as a Tankdyps.

Their option is to either make him more tanky, making him basically a Ranged Tankdyps, or less tanky and make him more of a ranged carry. Riot decided that making him a better Ranged carry was a good idea (and I agree, we need more Ranged Carries and supports. We have plenty of tankydps. )

@Caitlyn: Cait was dominant because her ability to win lanes was huge in solo queue. That has yet to translate well into Tourement play. I still hate her, but I don't play anything but solo queue, really.

28. - Top - End - #658

So, some thoughts I had a couple items I don't normally see on Yi:

Wit's End: This HAS to be a good item for him. Cheap, bonus damage that is a procced by his double strike, great additional attack speed, AND magic resist? Its always a great item, and it certainly seems to be no exception for Yi.

Sunfire: ...I am aware how this could backfire in alot of ways. Honestly, I am not sure I would pick it up, except it does have a decent boost to both armor and health, and the bonus aura damage is nice, since you try to stick on the target. This, Wit's End, and Wriggles (and Merc's) actually means some nice armor and MR, and an okay chunk of health. If only it weren't a big neon "HIT ME" sign... although Yi himself is one, so maybe that is not as big an issue.

Of course, the only reason I'm even looking at sunfire and not atmas is the health...

What do you guys think is the biggest thing Yi needs right now to be more "competitively viable"? I think he could use a different W, for one, as much as any AP Yi fan will hate me for saying that. >.>

EDIT: At above, yes, we need more ranged carries and too many tanky dps, but we have, if you count him as such, one ranged tanky dps, Urgot. That was the reason Graves excited me so. If I want an AD carry, I'll pick Ashe or Vayne, myself, and just learn to not suck at living and positioning.

As far as the nerfs, I'd be almost okay with it, but like Djinn, I feel the mana nerf was uncalled for. His damage and resistance AND range were all reduced, that should be plenty enough to remove some of his laning potential; be mana hungry will now put him from broken lane to effective lane to cautious lane. That last one was too drastic for a single patch. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but... this doesn't sit well with me.

And yes, the icons are just redesigns of the original. I like them, but obviously not all have to agree.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-15 at 02:44 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

29. - Top - End - #659

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    This is an obvious design choice. Graves was intended to be a hero that straddled the line between AD Carry and TankyDPS. This failed when Riot gave him good range, amazing AD Scaling, and a defensive Steroid that made people not build him as a Tankdyps.

Their option is to either make him more tanky, making him basically a Ranged Tankdyps, or less tanky and make him more of a ranged carry. Riot decided that making him a better Ranged carry was a good idea (and I agree, we need more Ranged Carries and supports. We have plenty of tankydps. )
    Exactly. But now that they're somewhat nerfing his ranged-carry aspects, I'd just like to have been thrown a bone in the form of a slight re-institution of his tanky aspects. Not necessarily much, but a few points wouldn't have hurt.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

So , earlier today I decided to make a small test.

This small test began with Jungle Skarner, 0/21/9 masteries, Aspd marks, Armor seals, MR per level glyphs and HP quints. Route was Wraiths > wolves > golem > enemy wraiths. Killed enemy wraiths at 3:18 with practically full health and proceeded to kill the rest of the enemy jungle.

Then I went fiddlesticks. 21/0/9, MPen, Mregen/level/Flap AP/Flat AP. Blue > Wolves> Wraiths.

Skarner arrives at the enemy wraiths shortly before fiddle kills the blue wraith, more than enough time to fracture steal it with fracture.

Funky, ain't it?

Edit: blue wraith, I mean, not blue buff.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-11-15 at 03:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing