New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    <---he
    *Double Facepalm*

My bad. Should've looked at the profile info below.
    Also, to Arcanist: Yep, Clgaming Redtracker. Useful little device, that one.

Also, allow duplicate champs needs to happen, right now. I think it would actually be hilarious to see:

1) 5 Veigars. Everybody dies, nobody lives. Game won by minions.

2) 5 Fizzes. Jumping and sharks, everywhere.

3) 5 Wukongs. Dat spinning.

4) 5 Gangplanks. You are out of position? You die, horribly.

5) 5 Poppies. Yep.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Banned

What Arb is doing is putting the 'teamwork' aspects of bot play in a 'team' superclass. You don't have to do it that way, but it's good programming organization.

Re: jungle Leona, saintvicious was doing that with some success last night. A lot of good gankers with formerly bad health retention/clear time are now good junglers. We'll have to see how that shuffles the jungle tiers. Obviously the top junglers like Udyr, Trundle, and Nocturne were already good at both, so it's likely that the biggest changes will be to lower tiers.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-11-21 at 06:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    5) 5 Poppies. Yep.
    Okay guys, here's the plan. Everyone grab your bizarro twin and beat the living hell out of them!

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Okay guys, here's the plan. Everyone grab your bizarro twin and beat the living hell out of them!
    Oh man, I laughed out loud when I read this.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

And heaven help anyone on the other team who gets confused about which clone he's dueling.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Colossus in the Playground

Better yet, pick your bizarro twin and beat the living hell out of one other guy who can't touch you! (seriously, imagine the chaos in enemy team when they try to affect the horde of Poppies only to be unable to find the one that ulted that particular champ)
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    1) 5 Veigars. Everybody dies, nobody lives. Game won by minions.
    There's this remarkable little item called a lichbane. Provided he has minions to tank the tower for him, Veigar can tear down a tower faster than Nasus.

5 karthus: basically like this, but with a 3 second delay.

(EDIT: go to 1:45 for the actual 5 thunderbringers. Thunderbringer has karthus' ult except that it's instant, and doesnt scale except if you buy a specific item.)
    Last edited by tribble; 2011-11-21 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Banned

5 Shacos. 10 to choose from.

~

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

5 Heimerdingers, push all 3 lanes at the same time and spam grenades.

5 Yoricks. Raise an army of the dead.

5 Chogaths, chain rupture.

Basically, anyone with a spammable stun or AoE. 5 Kennens, 5 Fiddlesticks, 5 Morganas...

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    5 Heimerdingers, push all 3 lanes at the same time and spam grenades.

5 Yoricks. Raise an army of the dead.

5 Chogaths, chain rupture.

Basically, anyone with a spammable stun or AoE. 5 Kennens, 5 Fiddlesticks, 5 Morganas...
    Those aren't significantly better than any mixed setup tho; we already have 10-stun lineups with a significantly better split of abilities (say, Janna/Anivia/Ashe/Cho/Jarvan), and while tons of monsters would be novel, doesn't seem all that efficient. 5 Heimer I'm not sure about; could be interesting but given the limited range of the turrets, there's a definite issue there.

5 Karthuses is special in that they could actually do the roles (Karthus can jungle and solo well, for instance) and he has an unique ability (Global, autohit damage) that gets significantly better when you have multiples.

Poppy's problem would be surviving past laning. Poppy isn't the best laner nor the best jungler, though they'd be utterly ridiculous in teamfights.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-21 at 07:36 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Those aren't significantly better than any mixed setup tho; we already have 10-stun lineups with a significantly better split of abilities (say, Janna/Anivia/Ashe/Cho/Jarvan), and while tons of monsters would be novel, doesn't seem all that efficient. 5 Heimer I'm not sure about; could be interesting but given the limited range of the turrets, there's a definite issue there.
    Team Yorick or Team Heimer could pretty much take enemy turrets at will, though I'd be slightly more amused to see Team Chogath surround a Q'ed enemy and feast all at once.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    Team Yorick or Team Heimer could pretty much take enemy turrets at will, though I'd be slightly more amused to see Team Chogath surround a Q'ed enemy and feast all at once.
    Team Karthus all typing in All-chat simultaneously "Destruction Rains From The Heavens!" with quin-Requiem would take the cake tho.

EDIT: I just calculated that level 6, they'd probably hit for about 1500 (with 29 MPen). Max level, they'd kill a target with 3k HP and 150 MR (common stats for lategame tanky DPS). Of course, auxillary defenses like Banshee's Veil and especially Zhonya's Hourglass along with champion abilities would vastly reduce the team's lategame efficiency.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-21 at 08:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly we can ONLY consider this for champs with 5+ skins.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Firbolg in the Playground

All Teemo it is then.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

...you wouldn't be able to walk without getting mushroom'd...
    Who's starting the petition?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

Actually just two Shaco, but they always stick together.

~

17. - Top - End - #1157

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...you wouldn't be able to walk without getting mushroom'd...
    Eh. A bit of a paradox.

See, no one can go anywhere where minions have not previously tread, so they are essentially stuck to the lanes and wherever their Oracles is effective. But since everyone is afraid to enter bushes, no one actually puts shrooms in bushes unless its early... and no one places mushrooms outside of bushes because everyone always has Oracles...

So it just means that there are 10 people with useless ults. Or 5.

And a lot of people spend a lot of time attacking random shrooms.
    Also known as Jarbis

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

5 Alistar. 5 knockup/stuns, 5 knockbacks (doubling as gap-closing dash toward whoever you didn't knock back), 5 AoE heals (and if they all crunch through a minion wave for the cooldown reduction, 10 heals going out in very short order) 5 'lol you tried to hurt me' ults.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

5 Akalis. 5 Singed. 5 Tryndamieres. 5 Mundos. 5 Morganas...

I could go on, but I won't.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Banned

Not even necessarily 5 of a champion. For example, Warwick/Singed/Blitzcrank3 would be interesting. Suppress, knock into lane, triple rocket grab far into turrets.

~

21. - Top - End - #1161

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    5 Alistar. 5 knockup/stuns, 5 knockbacks (doubling as gap-closing dash toward whoever you didn't knock back), 5 AoE heals (and if they all crunch through a minion wave for the cooldown reduction, 10 heals going out in very short order) 5 'lol you tried to hurt me' ults.
    Versus 5 chogaths, who just go nom nom nom mmmmmm COW FLESH!!!

22. - Top - End - #1162

How fast would 5 Nunus do Baron?
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    What Arb is doing is putting the 'teamwork' aspects of bot play in a 'team' superclass. You don't have to do it that way, but it's good programming organization.
    On the downside, I'd have to be careful not to make it a god object. I think it has a pretty well-defined use case though, I'd just need to be sure to respect scope properly, which would also conveniently abstract a lot of things. Also, it's not a superclass, because that has a specific meaning (synonymous with parent/base class)

Sadly, I can only theorize about how I'd prefer to organize this, since I'm working right now, and actually building this sort of system would undoubtedly take several months on my own (as a full time job), and probably a few even with a medium-sized team. Which is part of why it isn't a priority. But keep in mind that without a good framework, changing things isn't as simple as "if game.state = 'midgame': group up with your team". It could be a diverse range of different AI's created from vaguely similar code that directly interface with the game state and have very little abstraction. I suspect Riot has better engineers than that, though.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    By focusing consume? 10 seconds. One round of five consumes (900*5 true damage) followed by another round of five consumes ten seconds later, cooldown. 9000 damage, while Baron spawns with 8852 hp.

If they have five smites, they can instagib baron by also deploying numerous iceballs along with the consumes and smites. Might need some AP, however.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-11-21 at 09:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #1165

5 Annie - THE TIBBERS!!!
    5 Fiddlesticks - Crowstorm+Fear FTW
    5 Lux - LAZORS!!!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

What about 5 Cho'Gaths with their ults ready?

5000 damage right when the timer starts. Then add 5 Smites, which depends on their levels. Would that get it dead faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    Probably not faster than 5 chos.

5 mordekaisers do 85% of a targets hp instantly if they all ult at the same time. Admittedly they'd lose most of the damage from the DoT of the ult, but if they cast their other spells too, they're guaranteed a pet.

5 kog-maws: nobody can get close enough to initiate.
    5 Vaynes: Nobody even wants to get close enough to initiate.
    5 Annies: it's Colbert's worst nightmare.
    5 Olafs: this is why everyone was scared of vikings, back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

28. - Top - End - #1168

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Probably not faster than 5 chos.

5 mordekaisers do 85% of a targets hp instantly if they all ult at the same time. Admittedly they'd lose most of the damage from the DoT of the ult, but if they cast their other spells too, they're guaranteed a pet.

5 kog-maws: nobody can get close enough to initiate.
    5 Vaynes: Nobody even wants to get close enough to initiate.
    5 Annies: it's Colbert's worst nightmare.
    5 Olafs: this is why everyone was scared of vikings, back in the day.
    5 Olaf initation method: Walk up to enemy team.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Five Chos with smite (and rupture 5) would do it at pretty much the same speed as five Nunus with Smite (consume 5 and iceblast 4), the only difference is that the Nunus might actually need some AP to do it.

This assumes level 11. It is nearly instantaneous either way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1170

Going to get Highland Tryndamere and start hitting, running, and hiding the Highland way.

Also, I'd like to get back into Malphite.

Any advice on laning/jungling these two, with particular attention towards the new masteries?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.