New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    So, I am curious, how are Udyr and Skarner comparing to each other, both as laners, junglers, and in teamfights?

Specifically, I like Udyr for his sustain and beefiness, great built in damage and spammable stun, and how he can choose the smaller items and become as powerful as someone with much more expensive items (i.e. give the man a wriggles, an SV, and an Aegis, and he may as well be one of your tanks. Meanwhile, just get sheen and some AS and you've got some mighty damage.) Does Skarner find himself able to get by that easily, or does he need more in his build?

And other than that, how do they stack up?
    Udyr has spammable stuns and superior single-target burst. Skarner has sustained AOE slows and DAT ULTIMATE. I would say Skarner is a better anticarry, while Udyr is a stronger frontline/peeler. Otherwise, they have fairly similar builds and playstyles.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Don't mind me, just saving an orphaned post.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Udyr has spammable stuns and superior single-target burst. Skarner has sustained AOE slows and DAT ULTIMATE. I would say Skarner is a better anticarry, while Udyr is a stronger frontline/peeler. Otherwise, they have fairly similar builds and playstyles.
    Very helpful, thanks.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Wheee! Incredibly easy match for 1554 ELO. The question is, how high can I go before I inevitably fall again?

http://www.mediafire.com/?3q9r874dfa28v7a

5. - Top - End - #1325

Eldariel, I seem to recall you being a proponent of a bruiser build for Shen. How does that play out, exactly? We've got a friend who wants some alternatives to AP.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Eldariel, I seem to recall you being a proponent of a bruiser build for Shen. How does that play out, exactly? We've got a friend who wants some alternatives to AP.
    Basically, you build Atmog's for its obscene synergy with his passive and being Shen, then you get some combination of ASpd, MR & Armor alongside possibly more HP and go to town.

It's really just a matter of mixing tank and tanky DPS items after getting the starting DEEPS from Atmog's. Should solo lane or jungle. Haven't tried him with new masteries yet; should be good since he has HP scaling tho, and Defense tree is boss now.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-11-24 at 01:38 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Basically, you build Atmog's for its obscene synergy with his passive and being Shen, then you get some combination of ASpd, MR & Armor alongside possibly more HP and go to town.

It's really just a matter of mixing tank and tanky DPS items after getting the starting DEEPS from Atmog's. Should solo lane or jungle. Haven't tried him with new masteries yet; should be good since he has HP scaling tho, and Defense tree is boss now.
    For ASpd, Wit's and Razor are favored over, say, Zeal or C&D?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

8. - Top - End - #1328

I was about to say, Wit's End at least would appear to be a great choice, since it grants both the Aspd, the MR, and some bonus damage.

I imagine a full build for Shen could look something like Atmas, Warmogs, Merc Treads, Wits End, Last Whisper, and maybe Stark's Fervor? Depending on armor, Last Whisper could be replaced by Black Cleaver or something.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Banned

Meh, thanks to my last Ranked game, I now know the little things I have to do to start carrying up the ladder through the trolls. So it was worth the 16 Elo lost to an Alistar who headbutts Tristana onto low-health Ashe, the entire team engaging after I revealed the enemy team's hiding place and pinged to back up and ran all the way to another lane, and Alistar + Riven repeatedly deciding to 2v5 after people tell them to retreat. I don't know how a team with Riven, Alistar, and Jarvan managed to never peel for their AD carry, but it was still salvageable.

The little things:
    -Never ever die dumb. It only happened once, but that's still one time too many.
    -Everything I communicate in chat needs to be spammed so people recognize and obey instructions
    -Buy Oracle's to Baron, even if you're the AD carry, because nobody else is going to and the enemy jungler will always outsmite yours. Natural law.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Skarner has sustained AOE slows and DAT ULTIMATE.
    The only way Skarner's ultimate is stronger than rammus' taunt is that he can't hurt himself with it (anymore) and it can drag longranged champions I thought. I guess there's also the little nuke, and that's nice.

I prefer Udyr for the jungle because he clears at warpspeed and laughs in the face of any champion with channeled abilities. Skarner, on the other hand, has to choose between stopping malzahar or katarina from ulting.
    Last edited by tribble; 2011-11-24 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    The only way Skarner's ultimate is stronger than rammus' taunt is that he can't hurt himself with it (anymore) and it can drag longranged champions I thought. I guess there's also the little nuke, and that's nice.

I prefer Udyr for the jungle because he clears at warpspeed and laughs in the face of any champion with channeled abilities. Skarner, on the other hand, has to choose between stopping malzahar or katarina from ulting.
    Skarner also drags farther, does more damage while dragging, and permaslows afterwards.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ettin in the Playground

Right, so I think I have a list of champions I can legitimately play as vs who I think I can play as.

I'll do well if I play any of these guys.
    -Malzahar
    -Maokai
    -Skarner

These three are, sadly, the only ones I can confidently say I'm legitimately good with.

Champs I think I'm good with:
    Fiddlesticks- I used to be really good with him until I reached an elo which required ap runes... which I don't have... 'cause I'm saving for Maokai...

Renekton- Ok, I'm legitimately not that bad of a Renekton, it's just I get killed very easily because he's too damn squishy.

Swain-I used to be decent with him, but I'm not sure what happened... all I do know is I started to suck when they Nerfed his ult.

Brand- I can kinda sorta play him. The things which kills me is of course my lack of ap runes, my placement of his W (sometimes), and especially getting my E to hit something good, and not a minion.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Gee, didn't see that coming when they started removing every source of it.

Chances are that Ninja Tabi aren't going the way of the Dodo themselves, but rather will see a redesign into something like armor/% damage reduction against autoattacks/other things that apply on-hit. This will give the same statistical benefits as dodge without forcing a complete redesign of the item.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    For ASpd, Wit's and Razor are favored over, say, Zeal or C&D?
    Iono which is better in the end; Crit does more damage, Wit'srazor makes you tankier. Generally used Wit'srazor maself, but Atma's certainly makes Crit an avenue of interest. If going Crit, mite as well get Trinity while at it. He does a decent job of triggering Sheen and the rest of it is obviously very useful (except for Mana but meh).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Right, so I think I have a list of champions I can legitimately play as vs who I think I can play as.

I'll do well if I play any of these guys.
    -Malzahar
    -Maokai
    -Skarner
    "Well" is a very subjective term in League of Legends. Well as in "your score", well as in "I support my team to make it a more cohesive unit"? There are countless games where my score doesn't look all that pretty, mostly because I miss the assist, despite being there in the teamfight (read: my team either dies too fast, or kills too fast).

Renekton- Ok, I'm legitimately not that bad of a Renekton, it's just I get killed very easily because he's too damn squishy.

Swain-I used to be decent with him, but I'm not sure what happened... all I do know is I started to suck when they Nerfed his ult.

Brand- I can kinda sorta play him. The things which kills me is of course my lack of ap runes, my placement of his W (sometimes), and especially getting my E to hit something good, and not a minion.
    Runes make not a player (except for some junglers and some rare exceptions). Skill makes a player. I went 1150 ELO ranked queue smurfing on Brand with no runes and absolutely wrecked. Certainly one game is not a great statistical example, but I've done this several times now, "helping" my friend out of "ELO Hell". With that said...

Renekton is a great AD bruiser/caster. He's also capable of being one of the most tanky characters in the game. How are you building him if you feel he's squishy? Have you tried maybe Atmogs Mallet? Maybe throw in a Randuins or FoN depending on enemy damage output.

Speaking of Brand, most of Brand's laning I've found is simply not spamming his pillar of fire thing, but just using it to harass and deny. You don't need to be doing loads of damage to the enemy. Just chip away at them, and if you opened a mechanically superior build (e.g. Boots + 3 against a Doran's Ring or something), you'll eventually force him out of lane. In short, exploit Brand's ridiculously huge range. You'll get a lot more out of AP Runes if you already play well, and can land your skillshots.

Meh, thanks to my last Ranked game, I now know the little things I have to do to start carrying up the ladder through the trolls. So it was worth the 16 Elo lost to an Alistar who headbutts Tristana onto low-health Ashe, the entire team engaging after I revealed the enemy team's hiding place and pinged to back up and ran all the way to another lane, and Alistar + Riven repeatedly deciding to 2v5 after people tell them to retreat. I don't know how a team with Riven, Alistar, and Jarvan managed to never peel for their AD carry, but it was still salvageable.

The little things:
    -Never ever die dumb. It only happened once, but that's still one time too many.
    -Everything I communicate in chat needs to be spammed so people recognize and obey instructions
    -Buy Oracle's to Baron, even if you're the AD carry, because nobody else is going to and the enemy jungler will always outsmite yours. Natural law.
    Just try not to die ever. Some people will disagree with me on what I'm about to say, but here goes: Try not to trade kills (with a few exceptions). Sure it's a statistically even trade if you go one for one top or mid, but now you've lost your level advantage compared to jungler and bot lane. Since top is basically an afk farm for the first twenty minutes, you'll need that advantage when you pop out and start teamfighting. Obviously your team comp can change whether trading is "worth it", but in a general case, trading isn't necessarily the best idea. Play it safe, and don't be afraid to back if you're low.

From the 1200 bracket I've been smurfing in, I've found that ignoring team comp is actually the easiest way of getting a free win. The most reliable win mechanic I've found is to grab a strong mage and run mid. Win mid, win game, mostly. Carry your way out, or find someone who is great at playing carries, and play a support for them.

Oracles is an expensive investment as the AD carry. Buy a pink ward instead, and put the other 300 gold towards other things. Wards are incredibly helpful, and knocking out the enemy team's wards can be a great thing, but recognize that you can't do everything at once (it's one of the arguments I have against stacking items). Don't substitute wards with map awareness. I mean hey, that 300 gold could buy a bunch more wards for your team, especially if they don't have an oracles...

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Arpen reds/Quints, armor yellows, MR blues (flat or scaling), QWEQQRQEQEREEWWRWW, 9/21/0, cloth+5/boots+3 (or 4, if you wait at fountain), Brutalizer->Boots 2 (Tabi, Treads, Stompers) -> Atmogs -> FoN, harass by getting 50 fury, E->AA(if possible) -> W -> AA -> Q -> E away. Should be able to repeat, since Q generates huge fury.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Riot needs to do something about the invite system. I log in and am bombarded with three invitations to a game-from last night. I only figure out they're from last night when I accept them one by one and the invitations vanish without any explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Just try not to die ever. Some people will disagree with me on what I'm about to say, but here goes: Try not to trade kills (with a few exceptions). Sure it's a statistically even trade if you go one for one top or mid, but now you've lost your level advantage compared to jungler and bot lane. Since top is basically an afk farm for the first twenty minutes, you'll need that advantage when you pop out and start teamfighting. Obviously your team comp can change whether trading is "worth it", but in a general case, trading isn't necessarily the best idea. Play it safe, and don't be afraid to back if you're low.
    Exceptions: Trading a support to give your carry First Blood = worth it. Trading a support to give a carry with an advantage in bot another kill and increasing his advantage = worth it if you get the assist and the carry doesn't end up low enough that he has to back (and is good enough to really take over the lane from then on). Trading to give your opponent 300 or less gold in exchange for a rampage, god-like, or some other high spree = usually worth it.

Still, even in those situations, it's best to just not die.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Exceptions: Trading a support to give your carry First Blood = worth it. Trading a support to give a carry with an advantage in bot another kill and increasing his advantage = worth it if you get the assist and the carry doesn't end up low enough that he has to back (and is good enough to really take over the lane from then on). Trading to give your opponent 300 or less gold in exchange for a rampage, god-like, or some other high spree = usually worth it.

Still, even in those situations, it's best to just not die.
    I was mostly referring to top/mid, but since we're now naming exceptions...

If anyone gets an assist on it, and you aren't already on a killing spree, then trading is acceptable.

If the enemy is building stacking items, and they would end up losing more stacks than they would have gained from your death.

If... well, I'm about to play a game, so I'll come up with more later.

21. - Top - End - #1341

I think if you're in a solo and have/will have better boots than them is a pretty big exception.

And if you're in a solo and you scale better with items than they do.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

22. - Top - End - #1342

If you're playing Akali, you Always. Trade.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Unless you're against a Karthus (revive tele or not) or Yi.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Iono which is better in the end; Crit does more damage, Wit'srazor makes you tankier. Generally used Wit'srazor maself, but Atma's certainly makes Crit an avenue of interest. If going Crit, mite as well get Trinity while at it. He does a decent job of triggering Sheen and the rest of it is obviously very useful (except for Mana but meh).
    Huh, I wasn't even thinking. I thought "he really can't use Trinity" completely ignoring his highly spammable Q. Way to fail me.

Also, Udyr's Tiger stance is such a huge nuke (Okay, 2 second DoT, but meh.) I suppose, however, that is kind of needed considering Udyr may not be critting often in a fight. Still, AA plus up to 230 plus 1.5 AD. Dang.

EDIT: Big news, Riot has officially stated they will refund Dodge runes.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-24 at 01:34 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    EDIT: Big news, Riot has officially stated they will refund Dodge runes.
    Well yeah. If they didn't, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Well yeah. If they didn't, that would be a HUGE mistake.
    I agree, but they could easily have thought "hey, let's just give a replacement rune instead!"

Good thing they didn't.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-24 at 01:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Banned

Looking forward to buying a couple mages.

When I talk about bad deaths vs. other deaths...well, for example, the time when Alistar headbutted Tristana on to me wasn't a bad death, but the time when I engaged Tristana poorly and lost was a bad death. The time Gragas went through our jungle behind my dragon ward (Alistar warding in lane phase was too much to ask) to gank bot was on the fence, because there was no pressure on mid but I still should have expected something to happen. As a rule, the only time I try to trade is if I'm already dead, as in 4v2 towerdiving dead.

From the 1200 bracket I've been smurfing in, I've found that ignoring team comp is actually the easiest way of getting a free win. The most reliable win mechanic I've found is to grab a strong mage and run mid. Win mid, win game, mostly. Carry your way out, or find someone who is great at playing carries, and play a support for them.
    Well, mid mage is my weakest role (with the exception that I always win Zilean mid vs. Morgana games, but that's a pretty narrow band of competence), so I suppose that's something I should work on.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-11-24 at 02:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

So Elementz got benched and the new CLG line up looks like this:
    Top - HotshotGG
    Mid - jiji
    AD Carry - Doublelift
    Support - Chauster
    Jungle - Saintvicious
    Mordekaiser - Dyrus

No support Hotshot I suppose. This probably means their line up includes 4 Alistars and a solo top.
    Mordekaiser for president.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    So Elementz got benched and the new CLG line up looks like this:
    Top - HotshotGG
    Mid - jiji
    AD Carry - Doublelift
    Support - Chauster
    Jungle - Saintvicious
    Mordekaiser - Dyrus

No support Hotshot I suppose. This probably means their line up includes 4 Alistars and a solo top.
    wtfux AD Doublelift support Chauster and jiji still mid

not at all what I expected

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Errandir View Post
    Huh, when did Doublelift rejoin CLG?

Oh! Wait. He's absolutely going to be playing support blitzcrank. At least, I hope so. I know CLG's been practicing non-traditional supports (using heal instead of CV) and that would be awesome.
    I have bad news for you
    Dyrus probably will do support Mordekaiser though
    I'm talking to myself now wth
    Last edited by Winthur; 2011-11-24 at 02:32 PM.
    Mordekaiser for president.