Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 1473

Thread: Machines of War

  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Well in that case I guess we'd have to go with a more diplomatic approach.

    I can find one of their head quarters. After that find out who and why the hit was ordered. If it was because I beat up one of their thugs, then we could play the, I am under your employment and you don't like it when your employees get hazed by drunk thugs, card.

    If that's not the case then I'd have to see i could bluff my way out of the situation. If that doesn't work, then I'd have to work off my bounty.

    Either way we should be able to at least get some leads on Lafierre.

  2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Agreed, we can work out details later. Lets move out. Do you have a mount?

  3. - Top - End - #813
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I do not have a mount. A horse would have let my pursuers know where I am. So I'll be on foot, unless you know of somewhere close by that I can use one.

  4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Nope, so I guess you are walking.

  5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Alright then let us be off to Lafierre.

  6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    You both continue down the road on foot. Eventually the road returns to the fields and the remainder of your journey is mostly uneventful. You come to the gates of Laffierre just past sundown at the end of the second day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #817
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    So, would you like me to find an alley where we won't be bothered near the RR HQ, or would you like an inn near the RR HQ?

  8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Neither. Lets find a place where we can keep a low profile.

  9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    You find a low key tavern in a working class section of town. Almost guaranteed that you're below any radar. Not nice enough to be out of place, not seedy enough to be full of informers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #820
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Let's find a room on the second floor with a window. Just in case.

  11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    That will work. The plan I have is that tomorrow I go to the Red Raven HQ and ask them how I get info on Vicciano, and if I wanted to put a bounty on his head how I would do it, and if i decided to cancel it for some reason how I would go about it. I would further say that I have an associate that is being harassed by them, and how I would get them off their hitlist.

  12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    There is one room available on the second floor, but otherwise the place is pretty full. It's full of workmen spending their pay and tradesmen looking for a place to rest their heads. The common room is bustling with locals and travelers alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #823
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I ask the innkeeper how much for the room, and a meal for two. Then pay the needed amount. After eating and moving into the room I fall asleep.

  14. - Top - End - #824
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Me and DM only
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot checks:
    Jaster: (1d20+7)[17]
    Curf: (1d20+9)[23]
    I imagine its about a DC 10 or 15 to notice someone watching you in a not discrete fashion in a crowded inn.


    You also both notice a bald and somewhat well-muscled man wearing tan clothes observing you both as you eat. He doesn't look particularly seedy or intimidating, but you are fairly certain he is watching the two of you with some interest.
    Last edited by Manwhoisthisman; 2012-05-04 at 10:10 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #825
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I continue to eat my food and wait for the man to make the first move.

  16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Get the server/bartender/barmaids attention and order the strongest, most distilled drink they have.
    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then start looking around as if simply looking around, for the nearest source of flame.

  17. - Top - End - #827
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The man seems to sit idly watching until next you gaze in his direction. When he has your attention, he simply winks, stands up, and then walks up stairs.

  18. - Top - End - #828
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Jaster and DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I whisper to Jaster:
    "Right now the 'red bells' in my mind are going off like crazy. I'm thinking we should at the least knock the guy out, hog tie, gag him, and then ask him who he is and what he wants.
    Or we could simply kill him in his sleep and not have to worry about anything.
    Your choice."
    Last edited by curf06; 2012-05-04 at 11:56 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The nearest flame source is the multiple candles lighting your table. The strongest drink in the house is Bull Spit. It tastes terribly foul, and your head buzzes just taking a whiff of it. Nobody notices the silent exchange between the three of you; they are too busy with their own drinks and problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    curf and DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Recently stabbing first and asking questions later cost me a lead and now I have a guy laughing at me in my dreams. I would rather hear what he has to say, then decide whether to stab.

    Finish and withot drinking my drink head upstairs to the room.

  21. - Top - End - #831
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I finish my meal and follow Jaster upstairs to the room a few minutes later.

    Jaster and DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Okay. So shall we hogtie, gag, and ask for questions. Or are we going to be nice about it and simply knock on his door. And go, 'Excuse us, but why are do you appear to be so interested in us? Could you be so kind as to tell us you motives?'
    I'm sorry I'm just a little on edge, after being uprooted for pissing off the wrong group.
    Anywho...how would you like to handle this situation?"

  22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Curf and DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    He probably knows which room we are in. I will go in first, you watch my back, while I check the room. If he isn't there, then we can probably expect him soon. In that case, you be ready behind the door if things go bad and we can flank him. I have people angry at me, but they aren't attacking on sight. That type of thing can get you killed real quickly.

  23. - Top - End - #833
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Jaster and DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Alright, I'll follow your lead."
    When we arrive upstairs, and no one is looking (other than Jaster) I pull my Sythe from its sheath and keep it concealed under my cloak at the ready.

  24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    As you reach to top of the landing, you see the man in question, calmly leaning against a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I get the idea you have been trying to get our attention. What do you want?

  26. - Top - End - #836
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Just to offer my services to Mr. Curf here. It seems he has drawn some unwanted attention from certain groups in this city. I'm very glad that he had the sense not to make a scene downstairs. That will make all of our lives much easier I imagine. Well, to get to the short of it I'm an extra pair of fists and I think you could use the help. It wouldn't be free of course, but what really is?

  27. - Top - End - #837
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I sheathe my sickle.

    "I wouldn't have done anything down stairs. I was planning on waiting until you were asleep.
    The only group that I've made mad at me is the Red Raven. Seeing as I've sent a few of them to the healers in the past few weeks.
    And what services are you planning on bringing to this table?
    And most importantly. Why are you offering to help me?"

  28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "I am going to let you two sort out the terms of this assistance. I will watch and listen."

  29. - Top - End - #839
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The man shrugs, "I am willing to help you because I am not particularly fond of Red Raven. They are not good for this city, nor for this country or perhaps world for that matter.

    "As for my services, I am skilled in fighting, and moderately skilled in stealth--that is, when I am not trying to draw attention to myself. I can also offer some healing if it becomes called for, but that is a little more pricey."

  30. - Top - End - #840
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "Good to know.
    At the moment we're simply trying to clear my name from their hitlist. Since having a bounty is a hindrance to my friend and me.
    So if you could help us in those endeavors it would be appreciated.
    As it stands three people taking on an organized, multi headed, broad reaching organization would not be in our best interests.
    And so long as the different cities and merc groups maintain their forces, Red Raven won't try anything too drastic. At the moment they're small in comparison to the other merc groups. Though that will change in the coming years, since their selection process is more 'broad' than their competitors."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •