New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Whats more interesting is that Greg's decay from naive well-meaning guy to Smugreg metal rockbander sorta mirrors how kids grow up from innocent idiots to arrogant cynical idiots.

which means, oh gods above! Greg is only now going through puberty! hopefully he will get past that and eventually hit the "college" phase! then he will start to actually know something! will he get a roommate? how much will he pay for tuition? what classes will he take?

OBVIOUSLY THESE ARE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS! Worth wasting entire arcs on and creating completely new characters that we will see never again, as well as introduce more plot holes and nonsensical fusion of medieval and modern society! One cannot possibly pass this opportunity up!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Dominic's scrying sure is useful, huh? It's a good thing he used it before he went to see Celesto, just to be careful. Otherwise Celesto might have caught by surprise with some sort of evil plan that Dominic never expected.
    Technically, as a Seer, Celesto could have done exactly that. To say nothing of the various weirdness he was doing there already with his Chaos and/or Fake Beast powers. This is exactly the sort of **** that normally leads to Mindscape fights.

Which Dominic wound up in anyway, but he had no way of knowing he would without scrying and oh dear I've gone crosseyed.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2011-12-09 at 11:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    which means, oh gods above! Greg is only now going through puberty! hopefully he will get past that and eventually hit the "college" phase! then he will start to actually know something! will he get a roommate? how much will he pay for tuition? what classes will he take?
    We've already had the college arc. It involved furries. Never Again.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

4. - Top - End - #844

That Mookie interview video currently has 9 dislikes and 0 likes. Is that a world record for number of dislikes received before getting a single like?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    We've already had the college arc. It involved furries. Never Again.
    @^: Link me to it, let me make it 10 dislikes!

Too bad! this is Dominic Deegan, and it wouldn't be very surprising if one was did one again! you think this torment is going to stop at what we are going to have now? soon the comic will run out of ideas and decide to just start copying earlier arcs, only they will make even less sense as they try weak attempts at originality!
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-12-10 at 12:45 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #846
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    That Mookie interview video currently has 9 dislikes and 0 likes. Is that a world record for number of dislikes received before getting a single like?
    To be fair, I'd probably dislike the video if he was interviewing Ryan North or something. As an interviewer that guy was pretty terrible.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-12-10 at 12:03 PM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

I couldn't even get past the terrible intro when it was first posted. Now I watched at least a few parts of it and can safely say that this is the most embarrassing thing ever posted or mentioned in any Deegan thread.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-10 at 06:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Welp, here's my page, took me 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Remember back then when Mookie treated 4 panels as 1 update and when he started doing 8 panels it was like getting double updates everyday? I decided to go for that coz I couldn't find any way to stretch the script for 8 panels. I like my plot straight to the point.

EDIT: Fixed grammar mistake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Humbug; 2011-12-10 at 07:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

The promise of stuff actually happening! A sacrifice being made, even if it's "just" a wedding!

Art ain't too shabby either, I guess.

(I didn't get anything done so far, meaning I'll only have something to show to people tomorrow.)
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-10 at 06:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Was that:

Will you know?

Or Will you Now?

11. - Top - End - #851

Oops, I was making it in a rush, it's supposed to be "Will you now?" Will fix. (I'm playing an rpg right now, lol)
    Last edited by Humbug; 2011-12-10 at 06:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #852

NecromancerGuy

The sad thing about your comic is that if Mookie practiced drawing his characters in that style and put just a little effort to improving, drawing that wouldn't take much longer than it probably take him to draw his current style, yet it would look vastly better.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

How many years did it take for you to learn to draw like this?

Ten? Less?

14. - Top - End - #854

I've been drawing forever, but I took courses in college to polish up my technique. It's an ever going process.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Point is: If your art was integral to your job: IT BETTER LOOK THAT GOOD!

But a tip: Some backgrounds. You know how to draw them?

This is a genuin question.

16. - Top - End - #856

You can check out Crux to see for yourself. *points to signature*

17. - Top - End - #857

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Welp, here's my page, took me 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Remember back then when Mookie treated 4 panels as 1 update and when he started doing 8 panels it was like getting double updates everyday? I decided to go for that coz I couldn't find any way to stretch the script for 8 panels. I like my plot straight to the point.

EDIT: Fixed grammar mistake.

Spoiler
    Show
    If DD was written and drawn like this, it would be a pleasure to read it. Unlike now...

18. - Top - End - #858
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

*Begins to drool*

Makes me want to slap mookie harder!

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Can we kidnap mookie and substitute him for that author? Nobody will miss him!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    I decided to go for that coz I couldn't find any way to stretch the script for 8 panels. I like my plot straight to the point.
    Intelligent editorial decisions?! Has being here taught you nothing?!

In other news, great job. Granted, it is but a band-aid with which to recover from the gaping bullet hole Mookie left, but I wouldn't want any poor soul to draw more than one DD comic, so it'll have to do.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, I am just imagining the reaction if every time mookie released his daily update, someone turned around and the next day released an update of,

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, The Way It SHOULD Be!

With the updated art, and at the very least trying to write out the script in a fashion that doesnt suck so hard. It stays with the same "story" but, take the whole mustache cattleblaster thing in the hospital/cathedral. I bet it could have looked a hell of a lot better with some altered lines. Same outcome, just done better. Instead of doing a maltak, the unsuckening, its sticking with mookies storyline, and just showing how much better the comic would be with decent art, and better writing, even if the storyline itself remains fundamentally unchanged.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #862

NecromancerGuy

Even using Mookie's framework, it wouldn't take too much to at least make the actual lines at least mediocre or even passable genre stuff instead of laughably bad without changing the story Mookie's stumbling through all that much.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I'm pretty sure this is the point where this idea become plagiarism.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864

I'm pretty sure this is the point where this idea become plagiarism.
    Isnt plagiarism only illegal if you are making a profit off of it?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Isnt plagiarism only illegal if you are making a profit off of it?
    Nope. Plagiarism is plagiarism, except when you can convince a court it's parody or for academic commentary. And I don't think daily specific aping of him would still be considered parody.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2011-12-10 at 08:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866

Nope. Plagiarism is plagiarism, except when you can convince a court it's parody or for academic commentary. And I don't think daily specific aping of him would still be considered parody.
    How about if we convince the courts that mookie doesnt deserve ownership of this property?

"Your honor, I present to you, the infamous Maltak arc. Read through it. Take it in. Hold down the bile though, id hate to see you ruin that fetching black mumu of yours. Ok, you done? Now read this version. Same horrid events, this time better written, better drawn, and the urge to vomit and/or kill has decreased by at LEAST 85%! Can you honestly say that mookie DOESNT deserve to lose ownership rights to this comic?"

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

United States courts (the ones that have jurisdiction over Mookie's comic and most of us) have routinely upheld peoples' right to hate speech, although that's a Constitutional issue rather than a copyright one. Still, quality of content is never really a concern with laws about art.

Unless there are nipples.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

In addition to being plagiarism, I'd imagine chaining yourself to Mookie like that would be soul-crushing to the artist in question.

Nerd-o-rama mentioning the legal issues of obscenity made me remember something. As a heads up to our UK members, Mookie's extracurricular photography hobby likely violates Section 63 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008. Although the chance of prosecution is remote, I'd be careful browsing the pictures folder on DD or his DA account.

29. - Top - End - #869

Heh, it was a fun exercise, but not something I wanna do on a daily basis. And glad you guys liked it, it was a real rush job.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Firbolg in the Playground

The goons apparently missed that it was an exercise seeing how long it actually takes to make a Mookie comic. (Eight hours of work according to Mookie, vs. two hours and twenty minutes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!