New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    While I don't disagree in principle, this is one time when I agree with her. (EDIT: I often agree with Toast, but not so often with 15-year-old girls.) I know what Mookie was aiming for with Bumper and Stunt's relationship, but that's not really what he got.
    Well, it's not so much the content as the vehement all-capsness of it.

I dunno, maybe I've just grown old and easily startled by the world around me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Well, guess I'll be your link poster person tonight.

Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

Spoiler
    Show
    Mama Deegan baffles and terrifies me. She does know that the two love birds can have a second wedding ceremony after all this chaos is done with right? Honestly. considering how long it'll take for the King to even show a hint of his malevolent plan, I can't really blame the two.

Also, she watches her kids... all the time. Perhaps necromancer lady ISN'T the reason why Jacob is so screwed in the head.
    Mookie should really avoid putting Dominic in anything resembling a dress. He really looks like a little girl. Also, are they simple because it's humble and modest or because you're a hack?
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes. Let's ignore the immediate peril from our last antics and get married at Arkham Asylum. Why not.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Yes. Let's ignore the immediate peril from our last antics and get married at Arkham Asylum. Why not.
    I fail to see the problem with this.

The Riddler is my Best Man.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #185

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    Mookie should really avoid putting Dominic in anything resembling a dress. He really looks like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I fail to see the problem with this.

The Riddler is my Best Man.

Ok, thanks you two, managed to get the first chuckle I've had in the DD thread in a long time thanks to your double whammy.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Terraciano sure loves to talk about how being "modest" is a superior quality. Too bad all of his characters are anything but that.

Also once again, every strip not devoted to the characters attempting to fight or evade the king further ruins his credibility as a villain. Every filler-ish strip like this makes the comic worse regardless of content solely by existing.

7. - Top - End - #187

What's hilarious is that, in a better comic, I could see a conversation going something like this. The main heroes, having been through Hell (Maltak) together, decide that they want to get married; but an elaborate ceremony is out of the question due to the imminent doom hanging over everyone's heads. They opt to show their love via a small ceremony, just in case things don't work out and one of them dies.

Thing is, neither Dom nor Luna are acting like they are in any sort of peril, or even as if they feel mildly threatened by their position.

Also, Mama Deegan's ability to spy on her kids, even in this jokey fashion, is creepy. And raises questions about why she doesn't step in more often, given her apparent omniscience. If your magic has rules and matters to the plot, you can't use it for jokes without implications.

Panel 7 is good though, because it looks like someone just psychically broke Dom's neck.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-11-28 at 12:47 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ok, thanks you two, managed to get the first chuckle I've had in the DD thread in a long time thanks to your double whammy.

Mmmmyes. This praise is pleasing to Luna.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

9. - Top - End - #189

NecromancerGuy

Also Momgan is sort of a controlling psychopath.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

... it's like the "cathedral" is made of those cheap construction blocks that 4-year-olds play with. Only, you know, as drawn by someone who doesn't quite understand perspective.

On the other hand, I thought we'd never actually get to see the "physical" place. It even has an Inappropriate Wall/Fence!
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Oh my god! Her mouth is devouring her face!

Anyway yeah. It was this type of Dily dallying bull**** that got celesto crazy in the first place you ****s!

12. - Top - End - #192

NecromancerGuy

Words fail me. @_@
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    What's hilarious is that, in a better comic, I could see a conversation going something like this. The main heroes, having been through Hell (Maltak) together, decide that they want to get married; but an elaborate ceremony is out of the question due to the imminent doom hanging over everyone's heads. They opt to show their love via a small ceremony, just in case things don't work out and one of them dies.

Thing is, neither Dom nor Luna are acting like they are in any sort of peril, or even as if they feel mildly threatened by their position.
    I also love that they want a "quiet and modest" ceremony at Aberthest friggin' Cathderal, main seat of the Luanian religion. Like if they were Anglicans and just happened to be passing through Cantebury Cathedral, well why not hold a quick ceremony? I'm sure the archbishop won't mind.

Plus half their guest list is either in the hospice or incarcerated there, so it's not as it's just Dom and Luna.

14. - Top - End - #194

AssassinGuy

So the "cathedral" is modest? Strange, I've never heard of a "modest" cathedral. Isn't the whole point of a cathedral to show off the glory of the religion by being incredibly elaborate and fancy as opposed to a simple church? And was it really worth spending two whole panels of the strip explaining this? Then again, it's a filler between arcs strip.

On the plus side, this actually makes me look forward to the Jayden arc, since it hopefully means less screen-time for the Deegans. I don't want there to be NO screen-time, since Jayden would mutate into a pseudo-Deegan in their place.

I just hope it's not a reconciliation arc between Jayden and Milov. Or if it is, at least make them good friends instead of a couple again. They need to be their own people outside of their relationship to each other.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Ack! Spoiler that thing, would ya, Toast?! That's enough to put me off my feed!

Anyway, this is awful. This is Mookie's token "welp, better consider a semi-realistic possibility—LOL JK JUST MOVING ON AS PLANNED" strip that just proves, to me, that he totally reads at least one of the DD forums out there, no matter how he denies it. And apparently it's now canon that the inevitable and awful wedding arc is Miranda's fault.

Like I've said before, I know better than to threaten to leave, but if anything might push me over the edge, it's a mushy wedding arc. If Mookie actually had the guts to defy our expectations, have them say "you know what, Miranda? We're main characters adults, and we're just going to do what's right for us," and then they get married in four panels, well, I'd be friggin' overjoyed. It'd show some measure of awareness of his own story, it would be defying our expectations (which can only be a good thing at this point), and it would save us an interminable wedding arc that you just know is going to sound like Lynn Johnston had a hand in writing it.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

16. - Top - End - #196

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    So the "cathedral" is modest? Strange, I've never heard of a "modest" cathedral. Isn't the whole point of a cathedral to show off the glory of the religion by being incredibly elaborate and fancy as opposed to a simple church?
    Technically a cathedral is a church where a bishop is based. Most churches and bishops like their bling so they tend to be fancy, but if the Luanians aren't into that thing then I can buy it being reasonably plain

However if the Luanian church is the only religion in Callan, Callanians like Dom and Luna should expect non-fancy churches. The only religions I remember are the Luanians, the werewolf circle and those orcish shamans, so all of them are quite modest.

I guess Dom was expecting a multi-dimensional wedding in Asgard.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-11-28 at 02:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

NecromancerGuy

Technically a cathedral is a church where a bishop is based. Most churches and bishops like their bling so they tend to be fancy, but if the Luanians aren't into that thing then I can buy it being reasonably plain

However if the Luanian church is the only religion in Callan, Callanians like Dom and Luna should expect non-fancy churches. The only religions I remember are the Luanians, the werewolf circle and those orcish shamans, so all of them are quite modest.

It's just a chance to for Dom to be a mouth piece about how he likes "humble and modest" stuff, unlike all those slut churches.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Also, Mama Deegan's ability to spy on her kids, even in this jokey fashion, is creepy. And raises questions about why she doesn't step in more often, given her apparent omniscience. If your magic has rules and matters to the plot, you can't use it for jokes without implications.
    I don't mind about that.
    I actually think it was pretty funny even if it is a reoccurring joke.

Maybe it's because I sympathize.
    I have a family like this and I could swear they have this ability even in our non-magical world...

---
    It's a good thing they remember they need to worry about the beast. If only they could remember that they also need to HIDE FROM THE KING SINCE HE SHOULD KNOW WHO THEY ARE NOW!!!

19. - Top - End - #199

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    It's just a chance to for Dom to be a mouth piece about how he likes "humble and modest" stuff, unlike all those slut churches.
    Those tramp Erossian churches open their doors to anyone.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Mookie is a railroader. It really is like a crappy D&D game.

Trazoi: I demand the dying ass-shot of an Erossian church.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2011-11-28 at 03:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a common problem in DD.
    The characters are comparing things to our world instead of to the world they live in.

22. - Top - End - #202

AssassinGuy

Huh, so it's simple vanity that makes so many cathedrals in the real world so fancy. Not a huge surprise.

I agree with that second part. What exactly are Dominic and Luna comparing Luanian cathedrals to? "Modest" in comparison to what exactly? In a better series we wouldn't have to ask those questions.

23. - Top - End - #203

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Trazoi: I demand the dying ass-shot of an Erossian church.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-11-28 at 04:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

25. - Top - End - #205

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The Erossian church really did nothing for Gregory. There were certainly some lovely chapels, and he wasn't numb to what the cathedral had to offer, but the whole religion was just in his face. There was so much worship in every direction the he was overwhelmed. There was no mystique, no allure, no intrigue, no room to wonder. He had attended mass with Rachel for years. The way she worships? Never did a thing for him. But Luania? You'd never expect that under those simple churches was a religion which... yeah.

26. - Top - End - #206

No, no, no, no, no.
    Dominic Deegan, if you were to delay your marriage while you deal with this goofball interdimensional monster as though it were the threat that you won't stop saying that it is, that would be okay. I think that reasonable people would forgive you for this.

In other news, Mominic has apparently already booked the caterers.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Terraciano sure loves to talk about how being "modest" is a superior quality. Too bad all of his characters are anything but that.
    The real reason for the evil eye.

Wait, no, that would make Miranda less of a psychopath, actually.

Forget it.

Seriously, that face. I read the update and had already forgotten everything in it ten seconds later, except that face.
    How is it even possible to draw something like that and then look at it without just laughing at yourself and starting over, after scanning and saving it so you always have something to brighten your days of course?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    My god I remember how smug and horrible the Deegans are.

Their horrible!

29. - Top - End - #209

Remember Deegan Mom's tastes. Anything that doesn't project lazors to the sky is going to be touchingly simple and modest.

It's also the reason for the interplanar evil eye. Miranda wants his son to have the tackiest, bling-blingest wedding ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Say hello to Moonface.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2011-11-28 at 08:02 AM.