New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1377
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VI: We're So Kvlt, We Have Frostbite On Our Devil Horn Fingers

I try to avoid enmity towards classic metal like a lot of newer fans do, but when I want riff-crazy music I just tend to go for the stoner. The thing I srsly don't like is old school glam rock and hard rock and stuff. I think what makes heavy metal more interesting than old school rock is that heavy metal is basically louder and simpler prog rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    OH HEY GRIMBOLD again. Bishop of Hexen: melodic black metal with symphonics. I keep running into stuff I think you'd like as I clear out my library. lol
    Just making sure you caught this. Sample for ya.
    Last edited by Faulty; 2012-04-17 at 07:57 AM.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VI: We're So Kvlt, We Have Frostbite On Our Devil Horn Fingers

I think what makes heavy metal more interesting than old school rock is that heavy metal is basically louder and simpler prog rock.
    There's plenty of metal that's mining the same veins as old school prog, and there's very, very little metal that isn't at least a little campy in some way, but there's a ton of metal where the camp is totally un-prog-ish.
    ...also I'm pretty sure Emerson, Lake, and Palmer is considered one of the loudest bands of all time, next to MBV. Just a fun fact.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

I mean that heavy metal went for more complex song structure and riffs in an interesting way.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Coming in a little late on this. Whatever. I sure have a lot in common with his assessment of the general power metaller. Not so much aesthetically (anymore), but interest-wise: I own swords and daggers, attend RenFests, love fantasy (though obviously we're all here 'cause of our love for OotS, right?), minor in Medieval and Renaissance Studies, and tend to avoid religious discussions with strangers (mostly out of respect for their personal beliefs).

Physical description: Crew cut and goatee. T-shirt or polo, jeans or cargo shorts, military cap - each component monochrome (but not altogether - no black-on-black, etc.), no logos (though I do *occasionally* wear band shirts). No piercings, no tattoos.

I know RTL exists. I still think Kill 'Em All is better (and RTL is better than MoP, but seriously I think that album is bad).
    If I ever make a black metal band, it will use "ov" extensively.
    When you do that, write a black metal response album to Master of Puppets called Mistress ov Puppets, using similar lyrics but putting a feminist spin on them.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofsaulot View Post
    Anglo-Saxon poetry
    Now I'm gonna conclude my little Anglo-Saxon Poetry narrative here: So by simply explaining what Winterfylleth's lyrics were and providing a link to one song, I managed to get the Anglo-Saxon professor at my university into their music. She told our class how she'd been rocking out to it in her office, but had to keep the volume down, because she was worried what the other professors would think if they heard it.

P.S. If a woman in her 50s who normally listens to stuff like this can handle harsh vocals and blast beats, no one posting in a thread devoted to metal has any excuse.
    It began - and ends - with Pylon. Pylon stands in the doorway, beckoning me in.

my last.fm
    my rym

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

Some good bass-focused song links would be apprciated. Thank you in advance.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Space Admiral View Post
    NWOBHM is rightfully noted by history as a transition, and shouldn't be taken as much beyond that, IMO.
    I'm curious as to what you're basing that on. Maiden and Priest seem to still have pretty devoted followings, and while I'm sure that many people would say that they were just a springboard for the styles that came after, but there are also plenty of people like me who still view that period as the best that metal has been. I don't think that any of the NWOBHM's musical descendants have made anything that quite measures up to Number of the Beast or Powerslave. There's just something about all the elements of NWOBHM together that none of the later offshoots really recaptured - as great as many of those styles are in their own ways.

Also, Painkiller. It doesn't really have a purely NWOBHM sound, but whatever. As far as I'm concerned, that album is untouchable, and should serve as a demonstration to any Thrash/Extreme Metal upstarts who's a Metal God and who's King Nothing.

In other news, I had a pretty cool conversation about metal the other with one of the older professors that I know from the Taekwondo club at my college. Among other things we talked about some of the really old school metal (a lot of it was from way back in the 70s) that he likes, and I think I may have successfully turned him on to Death.

I'm always happy when I get to discuss metal with people I know irl. I barely ever have that opportunity except with my younger brother, and his tastes are so similar to mine it's not as much fun in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    While it's not the biggest focus of the songs, the bass throughout Death's Individual Thought Patterns album is pretty awesome. Really a lot of the things that Shuldiner wrote have great bass parts. If the harsh vocals are bugging you in the Death stuff, his prog metal outfit Control Denied is also quite awesome and features some cool bass work.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2012-04-17 at 12:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Coming in a little late on this. Whatever. I sure have a lot in common with his assessment of the general power metaller. Not so much aesthetically (anymore), but interest-wise: I own swords and daggers, attend RenFests, love fantasy (though obviously we're all here 'cause of our love for OotS, right?), minor in Medieval and Renaissance Studies, and tend to avoid religious discussions with strangers (mostly out of respect for their personal beliefs).

Physical description: Crew cut and goatee. T-shirt or polo, jeans or cargo shorts, military cap - each component monochrome (but not altogether - no black-on-black, etc.), no logos (though I do *occasionally* wear band shirts). No piercings, no tattoos.
    I imagined you as more kvlt and frostbitten for some reason. XD

When you do that, write a black metal response album to Master of Puppets called Mistress ov Puppets, using similar lyrics but putting a feminist spin on them.
    I'm actually thinking of doing some misandrist noise music. I'm working on actually putting together a composition, so we'll see whether I continue down that path.

Now I'm gonna conclude my little Anglo-Saxon Poetry narrative here: So by simply explaining what Winterfylleth's lyrics were and providing a link to one song, I managed to get the Anglo-Saxon professor at my university into their music. She told our class how she'd been rocking out to it in her office, but had to keep the volume down, because she was worried what the other professors would think if they heard it.
    That is the coolest thing.

Listen to some stoner doom and rock. "Master of Brutality" by Church of Misery has amazing bass. "Funeralopolis" by Electric Wizard is a good choice. "2 Wheel Nation" by Acid King has a really catchy bass line. The Atomic Bitchwax has dual bass/guitar solos. So yeah, I seriously suggest checking out some stoner stuff.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

8. - Top - End - #998
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    I'm curious as to what you're basing that on. Maiden and Priest seem to still have pretty devoted followings, and while I'm sure that many people would say that they were just a springboard for the styles that came after, but there are also plenty of people like me who still view that period as the best that metal has been. I don't think that any of the NWOBHM's musical descendants have made anything that quite measures up to Number of the Beast or Powerslave. There's just something about all the elements of NWOBHM together that none of the later offshoots really recaptured - as great as many of those styles are in their own ways.
    Of course, Maiden rode the success of NWOBHM, and so did Judas Priest to a lesser extent. But what about Motorhead, or Venom? When was the last time you heard somebody rave about Angel Witch? Maiden was probably the one band that fully become something more than a footnote of the bands to follow. As far as I can tell, though, the other bands (the majority) became known to history as nothing more than progenitors of speed, thrash, and black metal.

It's different to say that one or two bands of the era achieved notable success than to imply further that all the bands of that era developed a sound that built a full-fledged genre. Many of the NWOBHM bands have disappeared or fallen into the shadows of their successors. So that is what I mean by calling it a transition, rather than a genre itself.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Listen to some stoner doom and rock. "Master of Brutality" by Church of Misery has amazing bass. "Funeralopolis" by Electric Wizard is a good choice. "2 Wheel Nation" by Acid King has a really catchy bass line. The Atomic Bitchwax has dual bass/guitar solos. So yeah, I seriously suggest checking out some stoner stuff.
    Those are all ridiculously awesome. I should get some better speakers to really appreciate that stuff.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Of course, Maiden rode the success of NWOBHM, and so did Judas Priest to a lesser extent. But what about Motorhead, or Venom? When was the last time you heard somebody rave about Angel Witch? Maiden was probably the one band that fully become something more than a footnote of the bands to follow. As far as I can tell, though, the other bands (the majority) became known to history as nothing more than progenitors of speed, thrash, and black metal.

It's different to say that one or two bands of the era achieved notable success than to imply further that all the bands of that era developed a sound that built a full-fledged genre. Many of the NWOBHM bands have disappeared or fallen into the shadows of their successors. So that is what I mean by calling it a transition, rather than a genre itself.
    Heavy and speed metal are certainly distinct genres. I don't think lasting fame is necessarily the best framework for judging music, and the original bands are often still going. Not to mention new bands that run with the style. It seems (forgive me if I'm wrong) you're comparing heavy metal (or is it only NWOBHM?) to a flash-in-the-pan deal like glam rock or whatever, and I think that's unfair.

Anyway, I know an old school fan who loves both old prog rock and heavy metal as well as newer stuff, and he taught me respect for old school. That and the Darkthrone song "Raised on Rock", as well as loving old school (first and second wave) black metal, and having Kids These Days claim Alcest or whatever is revolutionary and old school is boring.

Those are all ridiculously awesome. I should get some better speakers to really appreciate that stuff.
    Stoner is sick, especially if you like bass.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I disagree completely, especially on the point of Venom. I think Black Metal is one of the greatest albums ever, regardless of the music it influenced. And Priest is not NWOBHM. The reason it's called the "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" is because there was a first wave: Bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Judas Priest - All of which started before 1970. Considering NWOBHM is mostly a late 70s-early 80s movement, I don't see why Priest is classified as NWOBHM so often.

Even if a few of Priest's albums sounded much like NWOBHM, not all of them do. Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class are both incredible albums, and neither of them sounds anything like Maiden. And that also goes for not standing the test of time; I listen to songs from those two albums almost daily.

And Triscuitable, if you love stoner metal, then I don't see how you could possibly think something like sludge is just noise. The only explanation I have is that you've never actually listened to any sludge, and simply assume it sounds like Sunn0))). Well, it doesn't. Not necessarily anyway. You should give sludge a chance, really.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Motorhead and Venom come up in this thread all the time, as do Saxon. The majority of bands in almost any movement are lost to history. It's a corollary to Sturgeon's Law. Maybe it is a popular opinion that bands like Priest were eclipsed by their successors, but there will always be some dissenters to that viewpoint like yours truly. The fact that such dissent persists shows that the NWOBHM bands still make an impact of their own.

I'll actually agree that NWOBHM isn't a genre unto itself, but that's more because there's a certain amount of diversity to the bands within the movement (Venom aren't really the same genre as Iron Maiden) and because geography doesn't define sound well. Bands like Dio and Manowar were playing a similar style of Heavy Metal to Priest and Maiden at around the same time, but weren't NWOBHM due to not being British.

The style of Heavy Metal which Priest, Maiden, and other NWOBHM bands popularized is very much a genre in its own right, though, and not simply a transitional phase. That's what I take issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by cleric_of_BANJO View Post
    I disagree completely, especially on the point of Venom. I think Black Metal is one of the greatest albums ever, regardless of the music it influenced. And Priest is not NWOBHM. The reason it's called the "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" is because there was a first wave: Bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Judas Priest - All of which started before 1970. Considering NWOBHM is mostly a late 70s-early 80s movement, I don't see why Priest is classified as NWOBHM so often.

Even if a few of Priest's albums sounded much like NWOBHM, not all of them do. Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class are both incredible albums, and neither of them sounds anything like Maiden. And that also goes for not standing the test of time; I listen to songs from those two albums almost daily.
    Stained Class is definitely similar to what Maiden went on to make in a lot of ways. The stretch of albums from Stained Class to Defenders of the Faith marks Priest's biggest period of mainstream success as well as much of their best work, and corresponds to both the time period of the NWOBHM and the sound of other bands within the movement.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2012-04-17 at 07:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    TRISCUITS IS PRAISING SLUDGE METAL
    AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

...I think I need to lay down.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

I should specify, only the first two songs. The rest are "meh". I like the bass work, really. Everything else I could care less for.

Not all forms of metal are bad, I suppose.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Which of those would you classify as sludge?

Not all forms of metal are bad, I suppose.
    Important lesson learned. Try and keep an open mind.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Pixie in the Playground

Heavy and speed metal are certainly distinct genres. I don't think lasting fame is necessarily the best framework for judging music, and the original bands are often still going. Not to mention new bands that run with the style. It seems (forgive me if I'm wrong) you're comparing heavy metal (or is it only NWOBHM?) to a flash-in-the-pan deal like glam rock or whatever, and I think that's unfair.
    I was only comparing NWOBHM. I wouldn't deny classic heavy metal their rightful throne.

Quote Originally Posted by cleric_of_BANJO View Post
    For Venom, I'm measuring success of the bands on their own, not the quality of their material. As for Priest, well, you'd probably know better than I. I'll take your word for it.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post

Also, Painkiller. It doesn't really have a purely NWOBHM sound, but whatever. As far as I'm concerned, that album is untouchable, and should serve as a demonstration to any Thrash/Extreme Metal upstarts who's a Metal God and who's King Nothing.

In other news, I had a pretty cool conversation about metal the other with one of the older professors that I know from the Taekwondo club at my college. Among other things we talked about some of the really old school metal (a lot of it was from way back in the 70s) that he likes, and I think I may have successfully turned him on to Death.

I'm always happy when I get to discuss metal with people I know irl. I barely ever have that opportunity except with my younger brother, and his tastes are so similar to mine it's not as much fun in a lot of ways.
    i agree with you on NWOBHM, it has a certain unmatchable majesty. I think that the classics are amazing and even the not so classics are good. However i feel that some genres/bands definitely attain their level of awesome. Yet NWOBHM is what got me into "real" metal and i owe a debt to it. I especially like the overall feel of rock on each NWOBHM record.

Painkiller is amazing, listened to it today in the plane, oh dear god the metal. It makes me understand how hammerfall started out doing JP covers. It has so many classics, and they are so much more incredible live.

I actually like to annoy one of my proffesors with my musical tastes :P. its a joke we have. he says slayer is a pile of crap and insults all the NWOBHM bands i like, then he says metallica is good. of course we're joking around, but he does honestly think metallica is the best metal band

i love talking to people about metal. today i flirted and talked with the lady at hot topic about the american vs european scene. it was most excellent

Priest founded metal for me, but i agree that they are undeniably less popular than maiden (Even if they are better and more innovative). Motorhead is talked about all the time as a progenitor to metal and is often considered to be a classic act. and venom is renown throughout the metal community! and angel witch, i agree they are obscure, but oh mygod, they're better than maiden and almost as good as priest!

i think that here you are correct, but isn't that just the march of music?

oh my god
    never thought it would happen

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

*reassuring pat* :P

I try to avoid enmity towards classic metal like a lot of newer fans do, but when I want riff-crazy music I just tend to go for the stoner. The thing I srsly don't like is old school glam rock and hard rock and stuff. I think what makes heavy metal more interesting than old school rock is that heavy metal is basically louder and simpler prog rock.

Just making sure you caught this. Sample for ya.
    i dig you but still, stoner is nowhere close to nwobhm for me...

and glam is so silly and fun
    with my mom we have silly glam dance breakdowns

i did get that, i'm having difficulty getting really into it, i need to give it a few more spins i think
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Which of those would you classify as sludge?
    Acid King and Electric Wizard have always struck me as right on the intersection of stoner, sludge, and doom.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    i agree with you on NWOBHM, it has a certain unmatchable majesty. I think that the classics are amazing and even the not so classics are good. However i feel that some genres/bands definitely attain their level of awesome. Yet NWOBHM is what got me into "real" metal and i owe a debt to it. I especially like the overall feel of rock on each NWOBHM record.
    Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of Power Metal and Prog Metal, and some stuff in other genres like Death Metal, but my favorite albums still come from classics like Priest and Maiden. By the time it gets out to the top 10 or 15 there's a more even balance of genres.

I actually like to annoy one of my proffesors with my musical tastes :P. its a joke we have. he says slayer is a pile of crap and insults all the NWOBHM bands i like, then he says metallica is good. of course we're joking around, but he does honestly think metallica is the best metal band

i love talking to people about metal. today i flirted and talked with the lady at hot topic about the american vs european scene. it was most excellent
    Lucky you. I barely ever get to talk metal irl except with my little brother, and sometimes with his drummer.

Priest founded metal for me, but i agree that they are undeniably less popular than maiden (Even if they are better and more innovative). Motorhead is talked about all the time as a progenitor to metal and is often considered to be a classic act. and venom is renown throughout the metal community! and angel witch, i agree they are obscure, but oh mygod, they're better than maiden and almost as good as priest!
    Maiden are my favoritist band evar, but Priest are a close second.

I'm liking Angel Witch more than I remembered from the last time I listened to them. I wish the production were a bit cleaner though. I feel like the stuff could have more bite than it does, though youtube quality may be part of the issue.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

ok i dig you sam
    i think that of my top 10 favorite albums maybe... 3? are NWOBHM...
    1. British Steel
    2. Number of the Beast
    3. Painkiller (kinda nwobhm, we already discussed this )
    My Metal Blog
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

I was only comparing NWOBHM. I wouldn't deny classic heavy metal their rightful throne.
    That makes sense then.

Acid King and Electric Wizard have always struck me as right on the intersection of stoner, sludge, and doom.
    I can understand thinking EW have some sludge due to their very thick sound, but they're definitely more on the stoner side of doom than sludge. They just happen to be filthy. As far as Acid King, you is tweakin'. I don't really hear the sludge for them.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Orc in the Playground

I imagined you as more kvlt and frostbitten for some reason. XD
    Hah, your imagination ran with that one. There's no way I could keep a straight face using that style for my daily attire. And what the hell. I don't care about my internet facelessness.

Spoiler
    Show

5 years ago vs this year. The first picture is a little misleading, as I didn't actually wear shirts that were two sizes too small. It's my girlfriend's t-shirt. We thought it'd be funny to see me in a small. We were amused. My hair would grow to 32 inches before I hacked it all off. Sometimes I miss it, usually I don't.

I imagined you as either exactly as you described or like Jo Bench. Or maybe that you wear more girly clothes like a skirt and tank top, but then go around punching boys in the face a la your Wonder Woman avatar.

I'm actually thinking of doing some misandrist noise music. I'm working on actually putting together a composition, so we'll see whether I continue down that path.
    Punching boys in the ears then. When you do this, I'm assuming we'll be getting links to free downloads on this thread, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    ok i dig you sam
    i think that of my top 10 favorite albums maybe... 3? are NWOBHM...
    1. British Steel
    2. Number of the Beast
    3. Painkiller (kinda nwobhm, we already discussed this )
    I'm of the mindset that Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is vastly superior to Number of the Beast. Aside from those three Iron Maiden classics, NotB is a run-of-the-mill IM album (i.e. very good, but not great). Compare that to SS where every component is amaaaazing.
    It began - and ends - with Pylon. Pylon stands in the doorway, beckoning me in.

my last.fm
    my rym

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

fair enough eyes fair enough
    My Metal Blog

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Hah, your imagination ran with that one. There's no way I could keep a straight face using that style for my daily attire. And what the hell. I don't care about my internet facelessness.

Spoiler
    Show

5 years ago vs this year. The first picture is a little misleading, as I didn't actually wear shirts that were two sizes too small. It's my girlfriend's t-shirt. We thought it'd be funny to see me in a small. We were amused. My hair would grow to 32 inches before I hacked it all off. Sometimes I miss it, usually I don't.

I imagined you as either exactly as you described or like Jo Bench. Or maybe that you wear more girly clothes like a skirt and tank top, but then go around punching boys in the face a la your Wonder Woman avatar.

Punching boys in the ears then. When you do this, I'm assuming we'll be getting links to free downloads on this thread, yes?
    You dig the beard. I'm glad your mental image of me is close to Sara Quin. I would punch sexist dudes in the face but I probably couldn't do **** with a punch. Seriously when I go to the gym I have trouble benching 15 pounds.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

I'm of the mindset that Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is vastly superior to Number of the Beast. Aside from those three Iron Maiden classics, NotB is a run-of-the-mill IM album (i.e. very good, but not great). Compare that to SS where every component is amaaaazing.
    Seventh Son is a bit hit and miss for me. A lot of it is good, but it lacks the bite of some of their other releases and the title track is one of the few longer Maiden songs that actually feels bloated to me. I consider Number of the Beast strong the whole way through. Past the obvious classics it has a great second tier of songs like "Children of the Damned" and "22 Acacia Avenue," and even the weaker material on the album like "Gangland" and "Total Eclipse" are solid and helps to make the overall experience into more of a 'musical journey' as it were.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Sam, what's your favorite Maiden album?

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Either Powerslave or Number of the Beast. Maiden have made a lot of fantastic albums, but those two stand out from the pack for me.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

If I may also answer, I'd say Powerslave as well.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Are you crazy? There's gonna be 66 cassettes manufactured, and if any of them anywhere get uploaded to a file sharing service, a squad of pale-skinned, blank-faced Metal Archives senior members will be dispatched to tar and feather the perpetrator. Minimally and experimentally.

I can understand thinking EW have some sludge due to their very thick sound, but they're definitely more on the stoner side of doom than sludge. They just happen to be filthy. As far as Acid King, you is tweakin'. I don't really hear the sludge for them.
    I'll defer to your judgement, I'm not terribly concerned by the difference.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

I am going to relisten to Powerslave.

Are you crazy? There's gonna be 66 cassettes manufactured, and if any of them anywhere get uploaded to a file sharing service, a squad of pale-skinned, blank-faced Metal Archives senior members will be dispatched to tar and feather the perpetrator. Minimally and experimentally.

I'll defer to your judgement, I'm not terribly concerned by the difference.
    MA is too mainstream.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

last.fm
    Metal Archives