New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

It still counts against your limit for finding new Pokemon, though.

That being said, I would still go through the area looking for items. Who wouldn't want a free stat vitamin or Rare Candy?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    It still counts against your limit for finding new Pokemon, though.

That being said, I would still go through the area looking for items. Who wouldn't want a free stat vitamin or Rare Candy?
    Are you sure? That has never happened to me. I've had 3 full pages of Pokemon Befriended before, and skipped through areas without costing me any Pokemon on that list.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #123

Not the list at the tree; that only gets reset once you choose something. I'm talking about how you can only run through the Island a random number of times before nothing new will appear, which is reset when you put a Pokemon to sleep.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Not the list at the tree; that only gets reset once you choose something. I'm talking about how you can only run through the Island a random number of times before nothing new will appear, which is reset when you put a Pokemon to sleep.
    That number of times must be rather large, because I'm pretty sure I've gone through over 10 times and still saw Pokemon.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, one more time before I give up.

Would anybody be willing me to trade a kabuto egg and a Ponyta egg? Please?

Friend code

2323 0046 5787

Playing Soul Silver.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry Soft Serve, I don't have either of those in 4th Gen anymore. I might be able to fetch you a ponyta, but...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Anything would help. I guess I don't technically even need the eggs, just the pokemon themselves, since I can breed them myself easily enough.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Alright, one more time before I give up.

Would anybody be willing me to trade a kabuto egg and a Ponyta egg? Please?

Friend code

2323 0046 5787

Playing Soul Silver.
    Times like this that makes me sad I have no access to WiFi(or any internet besides dial-up). I could get both of those in egg form in short order on my Soul silver game, considering I have both sitting in my pokebox.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm running Lawnmower Rotom, I don't need Whimsicott.

However adorable it is. oh my god so adorable eeeeee

I'm using Lawnmower Rotom because Serperior is in fact, terrible. He's great at walling, but well.

Rotom's stats > Serperior

Milotic's stats > Serperior

So my poor starter as sentenced to be in a box. As was Lucario for a time, because Haxorus' 200+ attack at level 55 was just a "no go away lucario you are a terrible pokemon."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #130

MindFlayer

Dream World Contrary Serperior with Leaf Storm would be pretty boss, though.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I started my Black game with a Serperior, I pretty much tried to make him a physical-based attacker instead of a Special oriented, since no Dreamworld ability.
    Planned Moveset:
    Leaf Blade
    Coil
    Aerial Ace
    Dragon Tail

... I need to get back into Pokemon, but all my Steam games have been sucking my free time.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, you know that your movepool isn't good enough when you're forced to use Aerial Ace without Technician boost. Though to be honest, isn't Return just better? It's not like you're beating Steel-types anyways, and most other things can be dealt with through Leaf Blades or Dragon Tails.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I like Aerial Ace better just because you have something against Double Team-spammers and the like.

But then again I've never done competitive teams so what do I know.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Smogon competitors usually operate under a "Evasion Clause" which makes double team illegal.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

True, but if you've never done competitive, you're probably not playing by Smogon rules, which is, all considered, just a subset of the online game of the whole. Nintendo official rules are a lot lighter, basically only blocking legendaries, Sky Drop, and Dark Void, and those only in official tournaments. In those circumstances, Aerial Ace can be a bit more useful.

Which is, to be fair, why random battles are sometimes so annoying, what with ubers, no sleep, OHKO, or evasion clauses, and so forth.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

16. - Top - End - #136

Speaking of going places in Dream World...

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET 5000 POINTS? Seriously! Or 10,000, to see some pokemon! It's absurd!

I've been logging on as often as I can remember for my paltry 50 points / day, because I've done all the games and nothing new appears, used all my water, used all my friend requests. I only had ~2000 points when that was all said and done.

50 points / day to get to 5k (or 10k) is absurd. Is there some trick I'm missing?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    Speaking of going places in Dream World...

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET 5000 POINTS? Seriously! Or 10,000, to see some pokemon! It's absurd!

I've been logging on as often as I can remember for my paltry 50 points / day, because I've done all the games and nothing new appears, used all my water, used all my friend requests. I only had ~2000 points when that was all said and done.

50 points / day to get to 5k (or 10k) is absurd. Is there some trick I'm missing?
    ...Really? I've had no problems gathering dream points...

You get 50/day just for logging in, then 20 points for each game you win (not each new game... there's only a few, with three being area-exclusive), and 10 for each time you water someone else's berries. In one visit, you should be able to get around 500 each day just for doing those things.

18. - Top - End - #138

MindFlayer

Bwahaha! I love Magic Bounce. A super singles Jynx made itself fall in love with me (my Espeon) and then put itself to sleep. And then a Breloom paralysed itself. And then an Aggron paralysed itself.

Ooh! And then I bounced Toxic Spikes against a Tentacruel. And then a Skarmory Roared itself out.

Doesn't stop being funny.
    Last edited by ShinyRocks; 2012-01-05 at 02:43 PM.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You get 50/day just for logging in, then 20 points for each game you win (not each new game... there's only a few, with three being area-exclusive), and 10 for each time you water someone else's berries. In one visit, you should be able to get around 500 each day just for doing those things.
    This. They planned for players to get some 500 points per visit, 'cause your pokemon's balloon changes to a heart when that happens and it'll gain a level when you play on the DS. 10,000 points is just 20 days of play, you'll be there in less than a month.

And isn't playing those exciting six games over and over again for a month ever so fun? Boy howdy how exciting they are! I should be playing those games right now!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I like Aerial Ace better just because you have something against Double Team-spammers and the like.

But then again I've never done competitive teams so what do I know.
    His Serperior has Coil. If your opponent starts Double Teaming, you start Coiling and beat them with improved Accuracy in addition to Bulk Up bonuses.

21. - Top - End - #141

Wait, wait... Your points carry over? I was under the impression that you needed to keep the same pokemon in the entire time.

500 / day is approximately reasonable; 50 / day is torture.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

No, you can change Pokemon, wake them up or put them to sleep. The points are by account, not by Pokemon. Earning points on a specific Pokemon only allows it to possibly gain a level upon waking up.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    Wait, wait... Your points carry over? I was under the impression that you needed to keep the same pokemon in the entire time.
    Log in. Click on the profile button below "You can play" (or whatever message is displayed there, ready to wake up or whatever). Click on the purple Pokemon Dream World tab. Look at the picture of your island. Below that are the Dream Points you've accumulated on all the pokemon with which you've been playing. No, to my knowledge, it doesn't display those while you're actually playing. And like, last time I tried keeping that tab open while playing in another window, the site didn't seem to like that.

But that's okay 'cause there's zillions of fun hours you can spend playing really fun games!
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

24. - Top - End - #144

So I fought my friend right before he started his Nuzlocke run (He got a Sawk, the lucky son of a gun) and nearly won, despite having 60s against his level 85 Zoruark and team of 70s.

Still can't find my Diamond. I need that damn Shiny Metagross. Just the nothacked!Pidgeotto/Cyndaquil is not enough for meee
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

25. - Top - End - #145

Hello again, everyone. Quick question, for tgva8889 specifically since he mentioned it before, but anyone else who this applies to is also included. Does anyone have an Anticipation Eevee (pref: female) that they could trade or give. I don't have anything in the way of spectacular monster-IV beasts to give in return, but do have a female Poison Heal Gligar or Multiscale Dragonite. Or, if there's something non-impossible that you'd like instead, I can do that. I don't really care whether it is legit or totally!legit!, since I don't care about official doubles matches

Also, since it worked out exceptionally last time, assuming I am fortunate enough to get a DW Eevee, what do people think of this setup for a tentative team?:

Conkledurr
    @Life Orb
    +Att/-SpD
    Guts
    -Mach Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Bulk Up
    -Stone Edge

Physical sweeper, hoping to switch into a status move, or get time to Bulk Up and become tanky pain.

Espeon
    @Light Clay
    +SpD/-Att
    Magic Bounce
    -Psyshock (Psychic)?
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Grass Knot (is Hidden Power better here? If so, which?)

Magic Bounce their statuses and set up screens for the sweepers that ike buffs to do their job

Spiritomb
    @Leftovers
    +Def/-Spd
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will O'Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Calm Mind

Debilitating Special wallto status things and otherwise cause irritation

Volcarona
    @Life Orb
    +SpA/-Att or +Spe/-Att
    -Fiery Dance
    -Quiver Dance
    -Hidden Power Ground
    -Bug Buzz

Intended as a special sweeper with self buffs

Ferrothorn
    @Leftovers
    +Def/-Spe
    -Power Whip
    -Protect
    -Leech Seed
    -Spikes

Monstrous physical wall with hazards

Swampert
    +Att/-Spe
    @Water Gem
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar

Hopefully trolls electric types, sets up Stealth Rock, and forces exposure to hazards

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious with this setup, but can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's too defensive and reliant on buffs?
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-01-06 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Without leading with Swampert (since it sets up Stealth Rock), you'll have problems with Dragon Dancers unless you predict your own setup properly.

For example... I'll lead with Dragonite. First move? Dragon Dance. If you don't break my defenses (that is, Multiscale) or lead with that Bulk Up, I'll Dance again. From there, you're dead. You don't have anything to stop something that can one-shot Ferrothorn on its strong defense (via Fire Punch), crush your chances at setup, outrun your priority with ExtremeSpeed, and slip into Outrage if those aren't enough. Your best chance is to hope your Spiritomb survives long enough to Will-O-Wisp, or for Volcarona's Flame Body to activate, but then you're relying on mere chance to counter a powerful threat.

It's also vulnerable to Choice threats and wall-breakers.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I mean, you know that your movepool isn't good enough when you're forced to use Aerial Ace without Technician boost. Though to be honest, isn't Return just better? It's not like you're beating Steel-types anyways, and most other things can be dealt with through Leaf Blades or Dragon Tails.
    I tend to like movesets that cover as many opposing types as I can. As such, Aerial Ace gives me a reliable move I can use against Double Team (without needing to set up w/ Coil) and allows me to do some surprise damage against Bug Pokemon.
    ...And be able to kill this guy. That thing ruined one of my win streak with my Starmie on the Battle Frontier's Battle Hall.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    ...And be able to kill this guy. That thing ruined one of my win streak with my Starmie on the Battle Frontier's Battle Hall.
    Here's a secret: You won't need to prepare Serperior for Shedinja. You'll pretty much only see it in the Subway, and if you're relying on Serperior you probably won't get far enough to see Shedinja anyway.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    I tend to like movesets that cover as many opposing types as I can. As such, Aerial Ace gives me a reliable move I can use against Double Team (without needing to set up w/ Coil) and allows me to do some surprise damage against Bug Pokemon.
    1) Double Team is straight up defeated by Coil. If they use Double Team, you start setting up Coils. They either have to do something to you, or you'll win the fight. It's just how it is. They can't set up Double Team without you beating them with Coil. Period.

2) Serperior can't beat Shedinja and shouldn't be trying to. Some Pokemon just can't. Period. Use something else, that's why you have more team members.

3) Return does enough damage to everything that you would want to Aerial Ace. Between your three moves, you have enough coverage to cover most Pokemon, and what you can't cover can be Dragon Tail'd away. What Bug Pokemon are you keeping Serperior in against, anyways? Return or Leaf Blade should deal similar if not more damage than Aerial Ace, and don't have the cost of sucking against anything they hit for neutral.

4) The whole point of using Coil is so that you don't have to use Aerial Ace to beat Double Teaming jerks.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-01-06 at 10:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Here's a secret: You won't need to prepare Serperior for Shedinja. You'll pretty much only see it in the Subway, and if you're relying on Serperior you probably won't get far enough to see Shedinja anyway.
    Ah.

So that means your team is a Dragonite, a Shedinja, and four other pokemon, right? Garchomp and Salamence, I'd be guessing, but I know you're better than that.

I had an odd dream about the next "main" pokemon game being Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 2: Quarantine. There wasn't any real knowledge about the game showcased there, other than there were one versus up to four simultaneous battles, and I was nerd raging that there'd be a direct sequel like that.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2012-01-07 at 02:11 AM.
    ---