New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 21: Time To Go Bar-Hopping

So, my date went well!

What's a good idea for a second date? I was thinking a quiet meal and more talking.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

How about cooking dinner together at home? It can be quite romantic and a lot of fun, plus you have a couch handy afterwards to cuddle on. Make it a really fancy meal and dress up for it. Go the whole hog with candles and even a little soft background music.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-03-20 at 09:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    How about cooking dinner together at home? It can be quite romantic and a lot of fun, plus you have a couch handy afterwards to cuddle on. Make it a really fancy meal and dress up for it. Go the whole hog with candles and even a little soft background music.
    or make her bring a movie of her choice
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    So, my date went well!

What's a good idea for a second date? I was thinking a quiet meal and more talking.
    What about doing an activity beforehand and then coming home to a meal and a movie? Something like roller blading or bowling or something like that? Then you'll have dinner and some nice experiences to talk about and laugh over and all that sort of stuff.

For me, I've got a question for the Playground:

I've met a guy, and he's amazing. We've been talking over Skype for at least two hours every night for the past three weeks and he's taken me out to dinner twice, but it was not explicitly a date. From what of our conversations my friends have seen/heard of, the verdict is "either the most oblivious guy on the planet or trying to tell you something". So interest isn't really the problem at the moment (apart from my paranoia that tells me I could be reading EVERYTHING ALL WRONG, but that's...different).
    My problem is that he's really busy with a major deadline and some other problems which make me think I don't want to put too much more stress on him.
    I really want to find the courage to ask him out, but I don't know if I should wait until after his major deadline when he'll be more relaxed and a relationship might not seem like "Aw, no, not another thing to do..." (the deadline is only about two weeks away, so it's not long to wait).
    My question is twofold: One, should I wait? And two, what can I do in the meantime to make sure he knows I'm interested as well, and he doesn't think that I'm holding off because I'd say 'no' if he asked me.

We're going to a concert together on Sunday, so is there something I can do there? (it's a sit-down concert by an a-capella quartet, if that helps...)

Thanks in advance...
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Fanboy
    Undead have quasi-feelings, too!
    Thanks to kpenguin for the excellent avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

somebody tell this girl she's dating a guy and halfway in a relationship with him
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vella, why don't you set up a date for after the deadline? It definitely sounds like you're pretty much dating him anyway. A date with you could be a great thing for him to look forward to once he's done with his deadline. Maybe sometime next week bring it up with him and either explain to him that you know he's busy and would like to wait until he's got more time or just make it sound like you're not available for another week. You've kept his attention for the last three weeks, and through this workload. I'm sure you can keep it for a little longer.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    somebody tell this girl she's dating a guy and halfway in a relationship with him
    My exact thought!
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesą!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    or make her bring a movie of her choice
    Oooh, both great ideas. Unfortunately I don't have accommodations for that. I kind of have a kitchen, but I'm in a hallway-style dorm, so that's pretty much out. But she's got her own place, so I'll keep those in mind (using her place to cook is allowed, right?) for future use. We decided dinner at a local restaurant would be a good idea. Though who knows, maybe afterwards....

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vella_Malachite View Post

We're going to a concert together on Sunday, so is there something I can do there? (it's a sit-down concert by an a-capella quartet, if that helps...)

Thanks in advance...
    must. keep. mind. out. of. gutter.

but seriously, what Ursus said is pretty much spot on. set the date for after the deadline..that way he'll have something to look forward to..or a shoulder to cry on if he doesn't make the deadline.
    it looks a lot like you guys are already dating anyway...
    Last edited by dehro; 2012-03-20 at 04:30 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030

@ Ursus and Dehro,

I will, thanks for the advice. I guess the other thing I'm having trouble with is that we're flirtier online than in real life, and I'm a little out of my depth...would it be OK to try to continue that level of flirt in meatspace, or should I be dialling it down so he's not made too uncomfortable?

Edit: Oh, man, I just realised how that sounded. To clarify, we've traded no NSFW jokes or actions online, nothing beyond PG rating, anyway. It's mostly teasing...
    Last edited by Vella_Malachite; 2012-03-21 at 05:31 AM.
    Just remember - yelling "Who wrote this ****?!" at the top of your lungs is a normal and accepted part of the editing process.

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful. The wizard who memorises a thousand book is insane.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Like the prisoner's dilemma, the winning strategy is to make the overture to work together and then respond in kind to his responses.

So, yeah, flirt in real life, especially if you're running into awkward pause territory because he's not sure whether you're open to being flirted with IRL in that way because people very frequently are different in meatspace than online. And if he reciprocates then you're golden and can continue or even escalate as the music leads you and if he responds coolly, then you cool it in kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

been there... the easy way out there is to remind yourself one or two items of your latest innuendos/flirts..and bring them up with a smirk in real life..ideally confronting him with something complimentary/amusing he said (I don't see why I should be the only guy on the planet embarassed thusly )..and asking if he stands by it IRL.
    banter is bound to occur...and if he picks up on it (if he doesn't you're allowed to clobber him with a frying pan), you'll see for yourself if this is going anywhere.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, so here's some quick questions:

- How do I ask a girl out?
    - How do I propose when the date should be?
    - How do I ask a girl for her name (no, I'm serious)?
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

14. - Top - End - #1034

NecromancerGuy

What have you been doing up till now?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Alright, so here's some quick questions:

- How do I ask a girl out?
    - How do I propose when the date should be?
    - How do I ask a girl for her name (no, I'm serious)?
    (Assuming you should know her well enough to know her name)
    Say you got a new cell phone and need everyone's numbers. Produce a book/sheet of paper that contains the names and numbers of several of your friends. Hand it to her, along with a pen. (Yes, I have used this)

(Assuming you met her a few times, or are just meeting her now, in fact)
    First, you look at her curiously. Make sure she sees you looking at her curiously. Then wave at her and walk over to her.
    "I swear know you from somewhere, but I am very horrible with names." (I have used this as well).

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    (Assuming you should know her well enough to know her name)
    Say you got a new cell phone and need everyone's numbers. Produce a book/sheet of paper that contains the names and numbers of several of your friends. Hand it to her, along with a pen. (Yes, I have used this)

(Assuming you met her a few times, or are just meeting her now, in fact)
    First, you look at her curiously. Make sure she sees you looking at her curiously. Then wave at her and walk over to her.
    "I swear know you from somewhere, but I am very horrible with names." (I have used this as well).
    Good god man, these are ingenious. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    What have you been doing up till now?
    Mostly just walking, talking, walking with her to class, smiling at each other.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-21 at 06:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, I was going to ask you for your number, but then I realized I don't have a name to put it under. I figured maybe I should start there, and if you'd like, we could work our way up to numbers."

Has that "accidentally cool" vibe to it. Shy and awkward on the very surface, but oozing confidence.

Or.

"So, yeah, I totally just realized that I've been enjoying hanging out with this girl whose name I have up until now not actually learned, so I feel like kind of a tool. Help a guy out?"

I could keep going, but I think you get the idea. There's lots of ways to admit that you don't know something important about someone, but you still care about them/like them.

18. - Top - End - #1038

NecromancerGuy

Mostly just walking, talking, walking with her to class, smiling at each other.
    Meant more along how you were doing these things up to now, sorry.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Meant more along how you were doing these things up to now, sorry.
    Oh, fantastic! I'm passing all my classes in school (barely passing English, but that's easily rectified), I'm maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and I've found someone I'm going to ask out to frozen yogurt tomorrow (suggestion from a friend, she says girls love this place downtown. She has a girlfriend, so she knows these things. Convenient to have someone on the "inside").

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Tip #1: Having vaginas does not make people of one mind. Not every girl will love the same thing, even if some girls tell you that they do.

Tip #2: However, people who don't like going out for frozen yogurt are either lactose intolerant or have no soul, so you should be safe if you can get that cleared up.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I have a date. Um, yeah that's basically it. This girl is like, my perfect match, so I hope I don't mess this up?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Tip #1: Having vaginas does not make people of one mind. Not every girl will love the same thing, even if some girls tell you that they do.

Tip #2: However, people who don't like going out for frozen yogurt are either lactose intolerant or have no soul, so you should be safe if you can get that cleared up.
    Tip #1 kind of dropped the ball. Also, you're thinking of a vulva. That's the visible organ. Most people mistake the vagina as such, but that's actually internal, and not visible.

As for tip #2, this is SPRINGTIME IN WASHINGTON! This means days are blistering cold, snow still comes down every now and then, and days are gloomy and unpleasant. What better weather to buy frozen yogurt, and go to the beach? But seriously, I LOVE ice cream. Best stuff ever.

23. - Top - End - #1043

NecromancerGuy

Oh, fantastic! I'm passing all my classes in school (barely passing English, but that's easily rectified), I'm maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and I've found someone I'm going to ask out to frozen yogurt tomorrow (suggestion from a friend, she says girls love this place downtown. She has a girlfriend, so she knows these things. Convenient to have someone on the "inside").
    ...What does that have to do with how you were trying to get this information or do these things before coming to us to ask us for advice?

Knowing what you were doing before would help in reaching ye golden mean by having some idea of what way you were having difficulty in the first place.

Tip #1 kind of dropped the ball. Also, you're thinking of a vulva. That's the visible organ. Most people mistake the vagina as such, but that's actually internal, and not visible.
    Vagina's kinda just a catch-all in general speech. I would recommend against correcting people on that unless it becomes a technical discussion.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-21 at 09:53 PM.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

...What does that have to do with how you were trying to get this information or do these things before coming to us to ask us for advice?
    Oh, I misread that as what I've been doing up until then.

Well that is what I've been doing to prepare. Just make sure my schedule isn't clotted with work so I can have some free time.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

How is that relevant? The appearance is not what was being referred to regardless of whether you can see it or not, and t-folk aside, girls possess vaginas and boys do not. And having a vagina, as pointed out, does not make girls part of a hive mind. I'm not seeing why you felt the wrong word was being used.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    How is that relevant? The appearance is not what was being referred to regardless of whether you can see it or not, and t-folk aside, girls possess vaginas and boys do not. And having a vagina, as pointed out, does not make girls part of a hive mind. I'm not seeing why you felt the wrong word was being used.
    Really? Last I heard, IUDs were capable of recieving and transmitting radio waves... a hivemind is a possiblity
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

27. - Top - End - #1047

Yeah... That has nothing to do with anything. You can't tell by what he wrote which bit he meant, and either way it's irrelevant to the point of "girls don't have hive minds". Having vaginas does not result in a hive mind. Having vulvas also does not result in a hive mind. Also most people who have one, have the other. Also, spellchecker doesn't recognise "vaginas" and "vulvas". Oh... apparently that's because it's "vaginae" and "vulvae". Neat.

Uuuum... I feel like I should have relationship-related stuff to say. On the small-r side of things, I've met heaps of people here I really like, does that count?

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Uuuum... I feel like I should have relationship-related stuff to say. On the small-r side of things, I've met heaps of people here I really like, does that count?
    We love you too.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Gwyn:
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

Serp:
    Flattery always counts, didn't you know that?

And small update of my own, unrelated to anything here, just if folks are interested...I've just found out that the group of people going to the concert has been reduced to just me and my crush due to other parties having things they're doing. Is that opportunity I smell?

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Third date is in the works!