New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Does anyone know how death works in Soul Society? That's got me really confused.
    You can probably find the info you are looking for in the Bleach Wiki.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, I heard that the Bleach anime is going to be over at the end of the Fullbringer Arc.
    Also, if I remember correctly, Kubo did state recently that Kenpachi's zanpakuto is in it's shikai state, as there was some confusion about that, so the only real way for him to get stronger is to either commune with his sword and learn its name, or learn bankai. This has no bearing on what anyone recently said, but I thought I should throw it out there.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Shocking revelations somewhat diminished by questionable translations.

• So, Ishida is (likely correct) in suggesting Ichigo may be tapped soon, and should be on stand-by.
    • Nel is back and Bad ThingsTM have happened.
    • With Harribel alive, we might get some difinitive non-animie evidence that she's a Vasto Lorde (this is no manga confirmation, right?). Also, woman still needs support.
    • New villain is rollin' out the cliches.

Things are moving forward, which is good. It seems to be powered by lunatics and idiots though, which is not so good.

4. - Top - End - #394

Wait the anime is being cancelled? I will murder all things ever if this is true.

Also, new chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Nel is back, are we super hopeful for a Grimmjow appearance?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Does anyone know how death works in Soul Society? That's got me really confused.
    You die and you die, you are buried just like in the "Real" World (I don't know why, if both things are real one is just called the real world). You are then reincarnated in the Real World.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Wait the anime is being cancelled? I will murder all things ever if this is true.

Also, new chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Nel is back, are we super hopeful for a Grimmjow appearance?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-on-march-27

Next week is the last episode, in fact.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post

So, I'm wondering if this mean that the final arc will be animated in an OAV or movie, if at all. It would be a neat design move on their part (read: not particularly smart from a publishing standpoint, however) to keep the final arc unaired.

Also...
    Spoiler
    Show

It felt much longer than it has been since last we saw that crying ball of green. Also, so much BDSM this chapter.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    So, I'm wondering if this mean that the final arc will be animated in an OAV or movie, if at all. It would be a neat design move on their part (read: not particularly smart from a publishing standpoint, however) to keep the final arc unaired.

Also...
    Spoiler
    Show

It felt much longer than it has been since last we saw that crying ball of green. Also, so much BDSM this chapter.
    Well, apparently Kubo said that this arc is going to take a while. So maybe they're holding off so they can animate the last arc all at once with no fillers? That's what some of the rumors are anyway. Only way we'll know for sure is in a few weeks when there are either more episodes... or there aren't.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

I highly doubt they don't plan to animate the rest of Bleach at all. That said, usually in Japan you don't have seasons like you do in some (most? at least American and British shows do) countries, which is the main source of filler, generally once an anime stops airing, it is simply done for good. Bleach might be an exception, or they might make the final season an OVA.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I highly doubt they don't plan to animate the rest of Bleach at all. That said, usually in Japan you don't have seasons like you do in some (most? at least American and British shows do) countries, which is the main source of filler, generally once an anime stops airing, it is simply done for good. Bleach might be an exception, or they might make the final season an OVA.
    Well, this revelation of ending the anime makes me sad. That said, as you noted, it is possible for this to be an exception to the general rule of anime being done for good once it stops airing (provided that the anime in question is a non-season-based anime [and Bleach is not season based], of which there are a few: Shakugan no Shana is an example of an anime that aired in seasons rather than continuously). After all, Inuyasha got put back on the air to finish the story after how many years of everyone thinking that they had ended it once and for all.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest I think it is more likely to be finished in an OVA, and that wouldn't be bad as I believe the quality should be better.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Well, this revelation of ending the anime makes me sad. That said, as you noted, it is possible for this to be an exception to the general rule of anime being done for good once it stops airing (provided that the anime in question is a non-season-based anime [and Bleach is not season based], of which there are a few: Shakugan no Shana is an example of an anime that aired in seasons rather than continuously). After all, Inuyasha got put back on the air to finish the story after how many years of everyone thinking that they had ended it once and for all.
    Those aren't the only examples of anime with continuations. Tenchi Muyo was a 6 episode OVA which was continued with several more OVAs (plus 2 alternate continuity TV series) and the Hunter x Hunter TV series was continued by 3 OVAs, although now they have forgone further OVAs in favor of a reboot TV series. Bleach will probably have something like InuYasha.
    Edit: Sadly it doesn't always work that way. It looks like we will never get more Get Backers for example.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-03-21 at 08:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post

Why would they do this do us?!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Why would they do this do us?!
    Number of reasons, actually. Someone stated so the final season isn't filled with filler, so you people that watch the anime don't get an unexplained battle with the Bounts or a new character that needs tons of explanation.
    Another reason: buildup. Ending the cartoon now (go ahead and read it as "Bleach is now on hiatus") while awaiting the author's ending will allow for them to "wow" with a sufficiently higher quality "Bleach: The Final Movie" or "Bleach: Fade to Black OVA"

15. - Top - End - #405
    Banned

I can't believe that a good guy died in Bleach this week and no one is talking about it. Even if he was a side-bar character.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I can't believe that a good guy died in Bleach this week and no one is talking about it. Even if he was a side-bar character.
    I had no idea the guy even had a name. I'd say he doesn't qualify.

Of course, given Kubo's memory, I'm not sure Chad would qualify either.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

this new arc is a good deal darker than i was expecting 0,o

also, what did they get away with while the arrancar was "slowing (ichigo) down"
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-03-22 at 12:38 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well at least the break will let the dub catch up and avoid meaningless filler before the final

19. - Top - End - #409
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah it'd be nice if this is the final arc of the manga, then the anime catches up. But only if we see all the bankai!

Well, maybe time to start watching One Piece.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's interesting that a named good guy (?) died, but to be frank he wasn't anyone important.

Although it's an interesting possibility, that Bleach will end with characters we care about dying for real.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    It's interesting that a named good guy (?) died, but to be frank he wasn't anyone important.

Although it's an interesting possibility, that Bleach will end with characters we care about dying for real.
    Maybe if Ichigo dies he can be with Rukia! xoxo
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #412
    Spamalot in the Playground

Come on guys, we need a nickname for this guy. Thronezen? Chairzen? Quinzen?

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I had more to say when Hedwig died

Pretty amusing that Ishida knew that guy was small-fry.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What exactly did they slow Ichigo down in? Wasn't he just sat around eating bread? So they prevented indigestion?
    If anything surely they've sped him up, since now he actually knows something is going on

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

I had more to say when Hedwig died

Pretty amusing that Ishida knew that guy was small-fry.
    He looks more like a greasy Kenpachi to me. Quinpachi Kingzaki?

Hedwig's death? National moment of silence.
    Vicecaptain Whats-his-face's death? Wait, in which panel did that happen again?

Ishida's always in the know. It's like he's got connections or something.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonotar View Post
    What exactly did they slow Ichigo down in? Wasn't he just sat around eating bread? So they prevented indigestion?
    If anything surely they've sped him up, since now he actually knows something is going on
    well, since this is all quincy stuff as far as we know, perhaps ishida did something...
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Based on the chapter title last time, I advise calling him Buckbeard.

Or Captain Buckbeard, if you're feeling particularly pirate-ish.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

I stopped reading Bleach awhile ago, last march I think, maybe April, when they were doing something with a dollhouse. Can I get a plot summery up to the current chapter so I can see if I still care? Thanks.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    I stopped reading Bleach awhile ago, last march I think, maybe April, when they were doing something with a dollhouse. Can I get a plot summery up to the current chapter so I can see if I still care? Thanks.
    theres a new big bad, there are strong hints to him being quincy related. they're using arrancar as disposable weapons and they've captured espada 3 (the shark girl).

they're conducting some kind of war on SS from hueco mundo, managed to break into captain genocide's room and kill his lieutenant.

oh, and ichigo got his powers back (except maybe his hollow ones, no indication of those) and his stuff looks slightly cooler.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ichigo has not been pushed to nearly the point of using his hollow powers yet (He always seemed to favor his Soul Reaper Powers). I think they are still there and will show themselves when needed. Probably in a spectacular way (Hey, it's Bleach!).

Now here is question. A Soul Reaper can gain Hollow Powers. A Hollow can gain Soul Reaper Powers. It seems a Quincy can gain Hollow powers. Does than mean a Soul Reaper can gain Quincy powers and visa versa?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonotar View Post
    It's possible that long-winded ineffective incantation did actually do something to his bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    He looks more like a greasy Kenpachi to me.
    Indeed. And now that you mention it, he's a much more Kenpachi villain in attitude too. Aizen controlled his subordinates through sheer intimidation, he didn't have to go around chopping them up until the final act.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)