New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I got side tracked (Again. Thanks ADD) from getting dwarven scrap to hunting down every dragon guarded word of power I can find from direction of the Greybeards. I now have the entire Frost breath learned and soul powered up. I have a number of other words but need dragon souls. Is there any way to run into more dragons frequently so I can unlock all the word I have?

Also, I went to Riften Docks. I don't know which quest it is, unless its this weird cube that I got from a weird argonian that wants me to return it to the cave she got it from...
    Progressing in the main quest will increase to rate of random dragons, I think. Returning the cube to the dwemer ruin is the right quest.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, I got side tracked (Again. Thanks ADD) from getting dwarven scrap
    Are you having some kind of money problem that you can't just buy it from the smiths themselves? I always found plenty between the smiths at Riverwood and Whiterun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

He might be RPing.

I don't know if it's added by a mod, but in my game there's a Dwarven Storeroom just outside Mzulft (Mage's Guild Questlocked Main area). It's along the eastern mountains, north of Riften. The room is filled with dwarven junk. Including a couple of Solid Metal Scrap chunks, worth 5 ingots each.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    He might be RPing.

I don't know if it's added by a mod, but in my game there's a Dwarven Storeroom just outside Mzulft (Mage's Guild Questlocked Main area). It's along the eastern mountains, north of Riften. The room is filled with dwarven junk. Including a couple of Solid Metal Scrap chunks, worth 5 ingots each.
    There are several of those dotted around Skyrim, irritatingly, they aren't marked, there's one in the south-eastern part of winterhold somewhere, but they are a pain to find.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

He might be RPing.

Yes, I'm RPing. Also, between the smiths, I hardly find any.

Also, another cool thing that happened to me. When in Ivarstead, I was weighed down by valuable magic items weighing around 437/365 of my carrying capacity. So I decided I would try to "Wuld" all the way back to Whiterun. After a fair distance from the city, I got an idea to increase the speed on my way back, and it worked. Werewolf is the ONLY way to travel!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you don't mind stealing, you could go to marketh and talk to the dwemer researcher in the main keep that will let you into his museum after killing a spider for him. There you will find complete sets of dwarven armor as well as nearly all the weapons and nearly a literal ton (2000 pounds) of scrap metal.

7. - Top - End - #937

NecromancerGuy

Yes, I'm RPing. Also, between the smiths, I hardly find any.
    Do more smithing then. That's what always worked for me. The more I bought, the more they stocked it. Dwarven armor is pretty [redacted] for the amount of asinine trouble you're putting yourself through to get it. It's not even good looking. Plate and Orcish are better looking and you can train your skills to get Orcish as a perk fairly easily if you can already make dwarven.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Alternatively, if you do mind stealing, go to Markarth, talk the the wizard guy, and then drag everything out of the ruin there. I did that. Ended up carrying over a ton of dwarven scrap, which turned into an obscene number of legendary dwarven bows, which took me forever to sell off but supplied the smithing XP to make orc stuff instead.

Speaking of smithing, I have taken to doing some RP along thos lines. I am not content with finding the weapons of the Deadra, the weapons of ancient heroes, armour made by the finest dwarven artisans... no. I make my own legends, and thanks to a small amount of abuse in the vein of potions and skill enchants, my legends are really damn powerful.

My latest creation is Havoc Plate, forged from the bones and scales of dragons dead by my hands, imbued with twinned enchantments to reduce the cost of destruction spells (and increase magicka recharge as a bonus), powered by the souls of men I slew in personal combat. Wearing it as part of a set, I think the armour bonus is something like 650.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

DO you guys ever wonder why Imperial Steel Armor is inferior to Steel armor?
    A. Budget Cuts by Emperor
    B. Making it even more standard issue (less quality= more issues to soldiers).
    This includes stormcloaks and leather armor.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Alternatively, if you do mind stealing, go to Markarth, talk the the wizard guy, and then drag everything out of the ruin there. I did that. Ended up carrying over a ton of dwarven scrap, which turned into an obscene number of legendary dwarven bows, which took me forever to sell off but supplied the smithing XP to make orc stuff instead.
    Yeah, that's what I did. I managed to smelt over 120 dwarven metal ingots.

The trick is to remember which dwarven scrap can be melted into ingots and which cannot. The ones that can be melted down are:

Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal (it must be bent!)
    Large Dwemer Plate Metal
    Small Dwemer Plate Metal
    Solid Dwemer Metal
    Large Dwemer Strut
    Large Decorative Dwemer Strut

Good luck!

11. - Top - End - #941

Can't you bend your own scrap metal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Can't you bend your own scrap metal?
    Normal Scrap metal is a large shoulder blade while bent is a small cup shaped scrap metal.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

I have a mod for that. ;)

I love the look of Orcish Armor. I just hate that the weapons are weaker than their Dwarven counterparts.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Bugbear in the Playground

I love the look of Orcish Armor. I just hate that the weapons are weaker than their Dwarven counterparts.
    Huh. I never noticed. All I knew was running around with the wicked green axe was a hell of a lot better than that blocky yellow one.If there was a damage discrepancy, the coolness factor totally compensated. So much so that of all the weapons in the game, my retired soul-stealing orcish axe is the only one on my weapons rack in my house. Ah, what fun we had.
    Homebrew Directory
    Best summation of Internet arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander Forums
    And now I leave you to rant and rave over how I just don't get it with a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I leave with a smug sense of self-satisfaction over having made a pointless reply to a pointless rant on the internet

15. - Top - End - #945

NecromancerGuy

I skipped Orcish weaponry completely and went with Ebony instead because I leveled up enough while doing Smithing to get all the perks I needed. Took me the equivalent of two ingame weeks to fast-travel around to enough places to buy enough Ebony for it, but it was worth it because after that the blacksmiths were carrying enough Ebony for me to shell out enough to fully arm and armor my follower in Ebony.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I skipped Orcish weaponry completely and went with Ebony instead because I leveled up enough while doing Smithing to get all the perks I needed. Took me the equivalent of two ingame weeks to fast-travel around to enough places to buy enough Ebony for it, but it was worth it because after that the blacksmiths were carrying enough Ebony for me to shell out enough to fully arm and armor my follower in Ebony.
    Try Narzulbar (recommended for Orc or liberate a town in Markarth). they have ebony mine.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that bugged me, too. I kept my dwarven weapons until I upgraded everything to ebony.

Is that a glitch or is there some in-game reason why orcish weapons are weaker than dwarven ones, despite fact that orcish gear is a tier higher than dwarven?

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I can tell, supposedly Orcs are exceptional armor smiths, while dwarves were exceptional weapon smiths. So Orcish armor is better than Dwarven Armor, but Dwarven weapons are better than Orcish.

That said, I notice it's not that much difference. Perhaps two or three points. My Orc Grovuz spent a lot of time in Dwarven armor, waiting to smith his own orcish armor. Which meant Lydia spent a long time in Steel armor. Then he passed down his dwarven to her when he went up to orcish. Now that he's in Ebony, Lydia's rocking his Orcish armor.

Unfortunately, I seem to have exhausted the entire world's supply of Ebony, having harvested the Gloombound mine, and the one vein at the top of the world.

Open Cities is back up, for anyone that wants it. There's still 'problems' with the nav mesh, though I'm still not sure what it is. The author did fix a bug with the first Thieves Guild quest, where you have to plant the ring. The ring wasn't showing up all the time.

By the way, if you guys haven't checked out Gopher's video's on You Tube you really should.

We're finally starting to see the good mods. And not just retextures because we couldn't place anything.

Now for a different thing: When you guys are looking for a house, what do you look for in it? Do you like quests, pre-decoration? Insides larger than outsides for no sane or apparent reason? I realize crafting is a must, but is there soemthing more you like?

I ask, because I have an idea in my head, but it's the sort of thing you end up rolling around for a long time before you do anything about it.

And for something off topic, has anyone bought the New Vegas Ultimate Edition? Does it come as one disc to install it all? Or does it have a separate disc for the DLC?

19. - Top - End - #949

I got the Forgemaster's Fingers quest from an orc stronghold. I went and got the gloves, but they're really nice and I want to keep them. If I do another quest that gets me recognized as orc-kin, would it take precedence over the Fingers quest (so now I don't have to return them) or would the Fingers quest take precedence (so that I still have to return them or I will never count as orc-kin)?
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

I got the Forgemaster's Fingers quest from an orc stronghold. I went and got the gloves, but they're really nice and I want to keep them. If I do another quest that gets me recognized as orc-kin, would it take precedence over the Fingers quest (so now I don't have to return them) or would the Fingers quest take precedence (so that I still have to return them or I will never count as orc-kin)?
    You can enchant yourself some gauntlets that will be just as good if not better.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thegurullamen View Post
    Huh. I never noticed. All I knew was running around with the wicked green axe was a hell of a lot better than that blocky yellow one.If there was a damage discrepancy, the coolness factor totally compensated. So much so that of all the weapons in the game, my retired soul-stealing orcish axe is the only one on my weapons rack in my house. Ah, what fun we had.
    I thought that I was the only one who retires weapons.

Anytime a weapon serves me particularly well and for a long time, I put it on a weapons rack rather than sell it. My enchanted Skyforge Steel Sword (legendary) now has a place over the threshold of my house in Whiterun. Same goes for shields I use. The Shield of Ysgramor, which I used with said sword for the longest time, now hangs on the shield rack over my bed in Whiterun.

Does anyone else try to decorate with weapons?
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    I thought that I was the only one who retires weapons.

Anytime a weapon serves me particularly well and for a long time, I put it on a weapons rack rather than sell it. My enchanted Skyforge Steel Sword (legendary) now has a place over the threshold of my house in Whiterun. Same goes for shields I use. The Shield of Ysgramor, which I used with said sword for the longest time, now hangs on the shield rack over my bed in Whiterun.

Does anyone else try to decorate with weapons?
    All my Thane weapons go in houses, as well as any trophies I collect (Ghostblade, Blackblade weapons, ect.)
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

23. - Top - End - #953

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    You can enchant yourself some gauntlets that will be just as good if not better.
    Can you? I've never found a +Smithing enchantment on anything but the Fingers.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

You can. Sooner or later you'll find Gauntlets of Eminent Smithing, or a necklace, or something.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #955

It's a shame that you can't cannibalize the Fingers and then build a better version and give that one to the Orcs.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Surprisingly, I seem to get one from Jarl Balgruuf more often than not.

If not, keep an eye on the various blacksmiths, and eventually one of them will have one for sale.

Anyone else notice that the enchanted items you buy are almost hilariously out of line with not only what you can enchant, but also what you get paid when you sell one? Kind of annoying.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a shame that you can't cannibalize the Fingers and then build a better version and give that one to the Orcs.
    You CAN give that one to the orcs, and then steal it back though.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I need help with a little problem I've been experiencing. I've encountered 3 random dragons. However, they circle around me a few times before flying off. No matter what I can't get their attention. As a heavy armored warrior with a shield and sword and arrows, how do I get these random dragons to swoop down for me to kill?

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I need help with a little problem I've been experiencing. I've encountered 3 random dragons. However, they circle around me a few times before flying off. No matter what I can't get their attention. As a heavy armored warrior with a shield and sword and arrows, how do I get these random dragons to swoop down for me to kill?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can get dragonrend in Main Quest. It can land a dragon and whup em good while they're down.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can get dragonrend in Main Quest. It can land a dragon and whup em good while they're down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And when do I get this? I only got to the point of getting the guy out of thieves city and they were ready to launch an assault. I have no idea what comes next after the main quest.