New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

AH! NOW things finaly make sense. I was wondering how could the parents be there even though they escaped the scratch.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

I am now incredibly sad, because my dreams of various kids/guardians meeting their altselves and how hilariously awkward that would be have all just been crushed.

Wait, hang on - not all of them. There's still Nanasprite and Jane.

Still, certainly an interesting twist.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know what I realized? When the kids meet their guardians, it's going to be one of the happiest moments in homestuck.

Dave's going to meet kidBro, and Rose already kind of met kidMom, John probably won't be able to meet Dad, but maybe, and Jade's going to see Gcat possibly. Not the same as Bec, but serves the same purpose.

Okay, so only half of them will have reunions with their guardians. Dave will play it cool, because that's how he is, and Rose... I don't know how Rose will react.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    You know what I realized? When the kids meet their guardians, it's going to be one of the happiest moments in homestuck.

Dave's going to meet kidBro, and Rose already kind of met kidMom, John probably won't be able to meet Dad, but maybe, and Jade's going to see Gcat possibly. Not the same as Bec, but serves the same purpose.

Okay, so only half of them will have reunions with their guardians. Dave will play it cool, because that's how he is, and Rose... I don't know how Rose will react.
    Rose will also play it cool because she also inherited that sweet Strider swag.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Rose will probably be pragmatic about it. She's got plenty of future vision already, so I expect her to be the main source of exposition, served with a heavy dose of sarcasm and psychic wit of course.

Dave meeting Dirk, however, could be epic. They both admire the pure mastery of irony possessed by the other, but unlike Dave meeting Davesprite, they don't know each other well enough to just say "sup" and leave it at that.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    AH! NOW things finaly make sense. I was wondering how could the parents be there even though they escaped the scratch.
    Didn't Doc Scratch mention a glitch in Scratched sessions where the players that were switched out were never born?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Didn't Doc Scratch mention a glitch in Scratched sessions where the players that were switched out were never born?
    Not that they were never born (though technically, I guess "born" isn't the right term to use for being spontaneously generated out of paradox goo; so indeed they were never born, like that guy in Macbeth, but I digress so I'll just say ectoborn). They weren't given life in that universe.

For the trolls, it's the ancestors who weren't ectoborn in their own session. Instead, they were ectoborn by Karkat in the scratched session.

For the kids, on the other hand, John successfully ectobirthed everybody in his session, and this time around it's the scratched session that will presumably not manage to do the whole ectobiology shenanigans. I guess they won't even attempt to, since they're already here anyway, so what's the point?

Scratch talked about the troll's situation -- a session that fails because the players didn't ectobiologize themselves into existence, necessitating a scratch so that they can originate from the scratched session as as to solve the paradox. In the kids' case, it's not their very existence that requires the scratch, it was the cancer that made the session unwinnable.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-01-22 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure it doesnt matter if the beta kids survive the scratch or not, the universe just re-creates them and sends them to a different time period then before.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Pretty sure it doesnt matter if the beta kids survive the scratch or not, the universe just re-creates them and sends them to a different time period then before.
    i meant that there would be TWO copies of the parents....so...Poppup isn't Jhon then.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Why the assumption that the PreScratch kids created the PostScratch kids? All we know is that the original Trolls weren't created in their own session.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

i meant that there would be TWO copies of the parents....so...Poppup isn't Jhon then.
    Well he is still John, just not the same version of him.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Imp

Okay, you've typed Jhon too many times for that to be a typo. What gives?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

When I make a mistake it gets lodged in my brain until a VERY long time has passed of me acknowledging it.

I used to pronounce eldarin as eladrin because I read it like that the first time I saw the creatures.

14. - Top - End - #74

If you mean the D&D critters, they are eladrins (a, then d), not eldarins (d, then a).

But Warhammer 40000 has eldars.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-01-22 at 03:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    If you mean the D&D critters, they are eladrins (a, then d), not eldarins (d, then a).
    GODDAMMIT!

I STILL cannot get them right!

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Why the assumption that the PreScratch kids created the PostScratch kids? All we know is that the original Trolls weren't created in their own session.
    It's the bifurcation theory: the meteors carrying the babies ectobiologized by John/Karkat are sent to both scratched and non-scratched timeline, getting duplicated in the process. Other meteors are not necessarily affected in the same way; for example the meteor carrying Becquerel has presumably not been bifurcated. But Becquerel was ectobiologized by an agent, not a player.

I'm lazy, so I'll just quote someone else's post from some other forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamiltonian Bicycle
    There has been no final confirmation, but practically all the evidence we do have is in favor of bifurcation. That is, the eight baby meteors sent from the original lab by John ended up landing on Earth in both timelines.

For example:

- it would explain all the old-session artifacts without making up anything extra - otherwise there'd have to be some contrived reason why Rose and Jade had the same bunnies they originally did, not to mention John's Sassacre book with Nannasprite's message from the original session.

- when we were first told about the original troll session, we also learned that the pre-scratch players were not created in their own session and so were without origin, which meant they had to scratch in order to create the timeline that would spawn the session in which they were born (by means of Karkat pressing buttons). Given how little we know about the pre-scratch trolls, that probably wasn't just brought up for no reason.

- they all seem to be pretty much identical to their B1 counterparts, so probably they're meant to be, genetically. That would make the ectobiological reversal thing a bit iffy.

This is not an all-defeating truth hammer - there could still be ectobiology in this new session - but I can't think of any particular reason to expect it.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

I'm lazy, so I'll just quote someone else's post from some other forum:

The problem with that theory is that if it's true, I think, it would have to be John who failed to create himself, since his timeline has now retroactively never existed and thus these kids would end up with a paradox. I sort of assumed that bifurcation was the general schtick of the trolls' universe, whereas cancer is the general shtick of the kids' universe.

I mean, the timeline of the kids' game is so completely messed up by now that I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions about the game at all from it, but still.

On an unrelated topic, I continue to love Broboshades. I have a gnawing suspicion that he, and not DaveBro, will end up being Dirk's guide. It would also fit the echo of one of the kids having themselves as a guide.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

The theory is pretty good. And Friz seems to have a point.

Also the explanation for the artifacts is less needed except for the Sassacre book.

Edit: Also even then ontological paradoxes where the game created the items are a possibility.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2012-01-22 at 11:24 PM.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    The problem with that theory is that if it's true, I think, it would have to be John who failed to create himself, since his timeline has now retroactively never existed
    His timeline has still completely existed. That the universe has reset doesn't obliterate the previous timeline -- it just makes it not the alpha timeline.

If it had indeed retroactively never existed, the kids and everything else that carried over (the planets, PM and WV, Bec Noir) would have ceased existing despite escaping the resetting universe. It would have made the first five acts completely pointless.

The idea of the bifurcation is that the babies are sent to both timelines. You can't argue that the idea babies are sent to both timelines means that there's only one timeline!
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-01-23 at 06:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

The idea of the bifurcation is that the babies are sent to both timelines. You can't argue that the idea babies are sent to both timelines means that there's only one timeline!
    I can argue anything, I'm very good at arguing!

That said, you have a point, and I withdraw my earlier comment. I will instead wonder how the bifurcation actually works. Does the timeline reset while the meteors are still travelling back in time, then? What prevents the meteors carrying the kids from resetting as well? *is confused*

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, there seems to be a psychological test about Homestuck Titles Here.

It includes 6 non-canon titles (Agent, Idol, Poet, Chief, Sage and Priest) depending on the enneagram types; And 4 non-canon aspects (Blaze, Form, Keys and Zen), decided from the Cattell 16 factor test.

I'm apparently a Knight of Breath/Life (got equal results on the aspect one).
    Last edited by Madmal; 2012-01-23 at 12:11 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    It includes 6 non-canon titles (Agent, Idol, Poet
    Hussie sez only one syllable by title and aspect...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I'm the Poet of Heart, or the Poet of Blaze, depending on whether I'm more messed-up than I am helpful.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Hussie sez only one syllable by title and aspect...
    He ruined my mechanic of time and my protector of love

I can always make it guard of heart (love is a silly thing now that i think about it) but idk what to do about the mechanic. i thought Medic might work, but aparently thats two syllibles.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Tech of Time: the rule doesn't forbid very common abbreviations.

Wright of Time: probably even better, given that it uses thesaurus-worthy vocabulary, something Hussie is very fond of. (Just look at how Problem Sleuth had "PULCHRITUDE" instead of "charisma" for example.)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    So, there seems to be a psychological test about Homestuck Titles Here.

It includes 6 non-canon titles (Agent, Idol, Poet, Chief, Sage and Priest) depending on the enneagram types; And 4 non-canon aspects (Blaze, Form, Keys and Zen), decided from the Cattell 16 factor test.

I'm apparently a Knight of Breath/Life (got equal results on the aspect one).

^ is all i'm going to say except that i'm a thief of light. 3w4 warmth.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

I found an everything generator. http://miffthefox.info/mspa/landgen/

I think it's easier then taking a test. I got Rogue of Hate.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

I found an everything generator. http://miffthefox.info/mspa/landgen/

I think it's easier then taking a test. I got Rogue of Hate.
    That's actually where I got the land and title for my OC (if I'm thinking of the right land generator, Chrome's saying it won't open). Queen of Heart in the Land of Iron and War.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder when we'll get to see Roxy sober.. kind of interested to find out how much of her behavior is her 'normal' self and how much of it is her being ibnerbiated *inebtriated *DURNK.