New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Well, finally worked out my pledge. 14,227.
    Uh. By this you mean you were backer 14,227 and not that your pledge was $14,227 right?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-21 at 05:40 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #3602
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Uh. By this you mean you were backer 14,227 and not that your pledge was $14,227 right?
    OOooooooohhh.

I understand now. (14,000 also just happened to be the total to get an extra day of OotS)

3. - Top - End - #3603
    Troll in the Playground

Uh. By this you mean you were backer 14,227 and not that your pledge was $414,227 right?
    Either way my pledge wasn't $414,227. But no, that's my pledge number. Sadly I couldn't' afford to give Rich that much.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-02-21 at 06:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #3604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Demento View Post
    Could you bring yourself to pledge 60,000 more? For Rich? (and 15,000 Patches)
    Oh, the hilarity of decimals.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

5. - Top - End - #3605
    Titan in the Playground

Awww craaaaap.

Why'd he have to go add another Mystery Prize! I really can't see us making that, it's $10,777/h to reach it. My completionist side screams in rage, and I can't even do anything about it (no, I really can't, between this and the other pledge drives I'm backing my bank account is crying itself to sleep).

Will our adventure end on a note of failure?
    Unless the line is required to be that high for whatever it is for cost reasons, I'm hoping Thor will turn up and smack it down to $1 below the final total. Sort if a Kickstarter deus ex machina.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #3606
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rich, just put a new prize where people pay $30 to be emailed by you with what gender Vaarsuvius is and we'll hit $2,000,000 easy.

Spoiler
    Show

50% get an email saying Female, 50% get an email saying Male.

7. - Top - End - #3607
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting.

In the US, the point (.) is the way to indicate a decimal, while the comma (,) is used for ease of parsing long numbers. In Europe, or at least in Sweden, it's the other way around. It can create some confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Unless the line is required to be that high for whatever it is for cost reasons, I'm hoping Thor will turn up and smack it down to $1 below the final total. Sort if a Kickstarter deus ex machina.
    Maaaaaybe. It still bugs me though.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-21 at 05:49 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #3608
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    Rich, just put a new prize where people pay $30 to be emailed by you with what gender Vaarsuvius is and we'll hit $2,000,000 easy.

Spoiler
    Show

50% get an email saying Female, 50% get an email saying Male.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you sure those are the only choices?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

9. - Top - End - #3609
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Pledge $675 or more
    9 Backers • Limited Reward (1 of 10 remaining)

PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY: An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus six Roy Greenhilt magnets, six of all the other free stuff, six art prints, six patches, and one copy of the Sticky Shticks expansion. No books or games added (no exceptions). (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!

Just thought you guys should know.

Sold out!
    Last edited by The Derider; 2012-02-21 at 06:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #3610

NecromancerGuy

That was my first thought, but unless TurkishProverb is a more clever man than I (A possibility I wont rule out), pledging with a precision down to the tenth of a cent would be quite the trick.

11. - Top - End - #3611

HalflingPirate

$1,190,354 at 6.14AM EST.

$22,000 since 1 AM - a bit slower than before but still well above the rate we expected during the drive.

Looks likely that we'll clear $1,200,000 but the final mystery prize is just out of reach...

12. - Top - End - #3612
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

This seems like a good place to ask, but it could certainly be put someplace else.

I was wondering... has anyone discussed a project to collect all the personalized drawings from people willing to share them in a PDF? I recall the Giant said he wasn't going to scan them, which is a real shame since a lot of them are mini-comics and most are full, 8x10 drawings. All told, here's what I'm counting (presuming every last option was picked).

01 - Crayon drawing of the cameo character

03 - Crayon drawings of the character the 1,250 backers choose to base their story on

05 - Drawing of any OOTS character

20 - Personalized crayon drawings of 1-2 OOTS characters

20 - Crayon drawings of a whole family

22 - RPG Party Crayon Drawings (10 Patience)

30 - Digtial stick portraits of an individual plus pets

90 - Crayon drawings of 2 OOTS characters interacting comically (40 Patience)

That's 191 pictures if my count is correct. It's not really feasible at all to print it in an OOTS artbook or even as bonus features (which certainly wouldn't be full sized!). But it seems like it would be a great thing to have collected in PDF format as a kind of Kickstarter Sticks-and-Scrapbook. What do you guys think?

13. - Top - End - #3613
    Troll in the Playground

I like the idea

That was my first thought, but unless TurkishProverb is a more clever man than I (A possibility I wont rule out), pledging with a precision down to the tenth of a cent would be quite the trick.
    While I was aware of the decimal issue, it was more a numeric coincidence. That was my pledge number.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-02-21 at 06:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #3614
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Calling it now. The final mystery prize is...

Spoiler
    Show
    revealing V's gender
    SSBitP
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "Creativity is the art of knowing how to hide one's sources." - Original quote, DO NOT STEAL.

15. - Top - End - #3615
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the first one to receive theirs and wants to share it could just scan it and then start a thread for it on the forums. (that at least the Giant is positive to)
    I suppose you could, in thread, ask permission to collect them in a .pdf or similar. Might be copyright issues with it, but if the Giant is ok and you respect people who say no*... then why not?

*uploading a scan wouldn't be a yes

16. - Top - End - #3616

HalflingPirate

I'd be uncomfortable with that - not that I've got a pledge for a custom drawing, but if it were me and I'd paid that amount I'd want it to be somewhat exclusive. A picture maybe, but a high res scan wouldn't be something I'd be up for... So I think you can ask, but don't be surprised if the winners weren't so keen.
    Last edited by dakameleon; 2012-02-21 at 06:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #3617
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Well, the first one to receive theirs and wants to share it could just scan it and then start a thread for it on the forums. (that at least the Giant is positive to)
    I suppose you could, in thread, ask permission to collect them in a .pdf or similar. Might be copyright issues with it, but if the Giant is ok and you respect people who say no*... then why not?

*uploading a scan wouldn't be a yes
    It hadn't occurred to me that I would do it, but I would be willing to head a project like that (IF and ONLY IF Mr. Burlew gave his consent! It's not my art and it's just an idea I had!). I just figured an art book might be a fun commemoration of things. Heck, if the Giant wanted to, he could ask the permission of those who he's actually drawing for and release himself. They'd be more likely to say yes to him!

What I'm wondering about would be if I could ever get a hold of people who donated and WEREN'T on the forums for their permission...

I know not everyone would say yes, but the drawing would always be theirs, it's just something that could be shown to everyone else who enjoys OOTS so much.

18. - Top - End - #3618
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the US, the point (.) is the way to indicate a decimal, while the comma (,) is used for ease of parsing long numbers. In Europe, or at least in Sweden, it's the other way around. It can create some confusion.
    Yep, we Germans do it the same way. We have the handy word 'Nachkommastellen' for that, which translates to 'digits after the comma'.

Well, playgrounders ARE notoriously crafty people.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

19. - Top - End - #3619

HalflingPirate

$1,195,044 at 7.03AM EST

...$5000 in the past hour. Can we manage $15k/hr for the next 4? unlikely...

And that's it from me I'm afraid. Sleep calls on this side of the world...

20. - Top - End - #3620
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a feeling the "Final Prize" will be hand-waved with an "Eh, close enough."

No idea what it is, but if it is close, it will be done.

One "Bonus" prize I'd like to see is all the Giantitp Avatars being part of the Four Seasons of Stick Figure Minis. The Giant already has the files, use a mirror image of the image, set the color to gray, and you have a mini! 90% of the work has already been done by the Giant years ago.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

21. - Top - End - #3621
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Derider View Post
    It hadn't occurred to me that I would do it, but I would be willing to head a project like that (IF and ONLY IF Mr. Burlew gave his consent! It's not my art and it's just an idea I had!). I just figured an art book might be a fun commemoration of things. Heck, if the Giant wanted to, he could ask the permission of those who he's actually drawing for and release himself. They'd be more likely to say yes to him!

What I'm wondering about would be if I could ever get a hold of people who donated and WEREN'T on the forums for their permission...

I know not everyone would say yes, but the drawing would always be theirs, it's just something that could be shown to everyone else who enjoys OOTS so much.
    I don't like peer pressure in things like this (and asking a giant to ask for you would be pressure from a big peer), as dakameleon said people have paid for them and deserve the chance of taking a non-pressured decision.
    We will probably get quite a few posted images, I will post mine for one, but aiming for a 100% posting would be unrealistic.
    Especially with all the patience pledges.

22. - Top - End - #3622
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I don't like peer pressure in things like this (and asking a giant to ask for you would be pressure from a big peer), as dakameleon said people have paid for them and deserve the chance of taking a non-pressured decision.
    We will probably get quite a few posted images, I will post mine for one, but aiming for a 100% posting would be unrealistic.
    Especially with all the patience pledges.
    No no no no! I wouldn't want him to ask for me! That wouldn't be right for a whole bunch of reasons. The ONLY thing I meant is that if he wanted to ask that for his own purposes, like pursuing a similar project, he could and the project would be more likely to succeed. Which he already knows. So I don't know why I felt the need to say it. My apologies for being unclear!

All I would do is post a topic and a deadline, most likely sometime next year. Maybe a social networking thing, I guess? But that would be it. People could email the pictures if they wanted to keep their identities private. I would cede all rights to any editing/layout/any other copyright stuff to the Giant. It would just be a fun little thing to do, and I doubt I'd get 100%. I wouldn't even be able to REACH 100% of the backers!
    Last edited by The Derider; 2012-02-21 at 07:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #3623
    Troll in the Playground

Gonna ask for a crayon Vaarsuvius sunbathing at the beach picture.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

24. - Top - End - #3624

Huh... a double signed book level opened up. But it doesn't have an Art Print. But it's TWO books.

And an art print is only $25 and a different email away... and I'll have TWO patches, and coloring books, and...

and done. :D

Thank you former pledger with cold feet!
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

25. - Top - End - #3625

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    Hahahahahaha... yeah, let's see! Cartoon voyeurism FTW...
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

26. - Top - End - #3626
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, we won't get the last mistery prize, though i estimate a final 1230k

Also, i see there are a couple signed things free as of right now! get them fast!
    (I'd get them myself but i don't care that much for autographs, and also i'm already getting all the fullcolor books)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

27. - Top - End - #3627
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Yep, we Germans do it the same way. We have the handy word 'Nachkommastellen' for that, which translates to 'digits after the comma'.
    The French and Spanish do it like you do, but we Brits are the other way around. As usual.

So to us, Kickstarter has currently raised £758,946.00 - £1m is probably out of reach!

28. - Top - End - #3628
    Ogre in the Playground

1.2 million in the bag!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

29. - Top - End - #3629
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goosefeather View Post
    The French and Spanish do it like you do, but we Brits are the other way around. As usual.

So to us, Kickstarter has currently raised £758,946.00 - £1m is probably out of reach!
    On the other hand, it is 8.010.133,83 kr.

30. - Top - End - #3630
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    because that worked so well last time
    (scroll down to the first sprained wrist theater)
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-21 at 08:46 AM.