New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I'm still laughing at the panel with belkar being kicked

For messes known only to my bank, my card is actually blocked for online purchases, but I should be able to unlock it by the end of the week. Subscribing that project will be my first official act with my newly-working credit card.
    I surely want to read the story of o-chul. And i'll surely pledge something more than the 10 dollars to not feel greedy.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

If someone wants to grab the $600 pledge point (full color drawing of your D&D party + 6 fridge magnets) they'd better do it PDQ, as there's only one left folks.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-22 at 06:55 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Is that really so bad, when $10 will get you more than 12 pages of O-Chul?
    Only "more than 20 pages". At least 28 pages of O-Chul seems like a far superior deal. (10 of those pages wont be exactly related to the other 20, but... its O-CHUL. )
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    That becomes hillarious when read in gandalf-voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Only 1 $600 left? And the rest of my party isn't awake yet so I can't ask them if they are interested in chipping in. Not sure which adventuring group we'd use anyway. Oh well, I donated in order to get the book, since it is the only one that I don't have :D.
    In the name of the Back-Alley Alliance! This hand of mine is stained deep red! It sadly cries out to reach his heart! Take this, my love and my anger, all in one blow!! Sorrowful Fist!!! Dead End!!!!
    Yumizuka Satsuki - Isn't it sad, Sacchin?

Satsuki avatar by Elder Tsofu

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've pledged $55 (the $45 deal + $10 since I live in England), but I've just realised that my card expires at the end of January.

Is that going to cause any problems? Not really sure how Kickstarter works.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm in for $50. Here's hoping this is a success.

So, given we don't know who contributed the epic level pledge (thank you!!), any guesses as to which character will get the extra solo adventure?

Tarquin?
    Thog?
    Tsukiko?

any of those would be awesome

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    If someone wants to grab the $600 pledge point (full color drawing of your D&D party + 6 fridge magnets) they'd better do it PDQ, as there's only one left folks.
    Yeah I've been watching that, but a couple of my party members live in Australia and one is in Russia right now, so I still haven't heard from them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Over 1/3 of the way there on the first day, it may be looking pretty good for getting Origins of PCs getting reprinted as well.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is there any risk of the $10 pledges running out? I don't want to miss 20 pages of O-Chul just because I've always used PayPal and will need to take some time to switch.

11. - Top - End - #101

BlackDragon

Is there any way to pledge without going through Amazon?

I kinda hate them (very long story, short version is I worked for them very briefly and they are serious gestapo nazi *@#(@#TT@# on the inside), and I'd SO love to pledge but not with the idea of them getting even a cent of the money.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Is there any risk of the $10 pledges running out? I don't want to miss 20 pages of O-Chul just because I've always used PayPal and will need to take some time to switch.
    No, the only ones that can run out are the ones that say "Limited Reward" beside the number of backers(or "Sold Out" for those that are already full).
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to ask too if How the Paladin Got His Scar would be available in print form, mainly because I like owning the OOTS and they look very nice next to all my gaming books.

I pledged 14, would like to pledge more and would certainly love to have the cameo, but it wouldn't be my character who I'd get on there though. But one of my players who had a fire mage which would certainly be fun to see in a duel with V.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    I'd like to ask too if How the Paladin Got His Scar would be available in print form, mainly because I like owning the OOTS and they look very nice next to all my gaming books.
    Very much seconded. My guess would be that because printing is expensive, especially for a small business, it would be pretty unlikely to ever see them in print, but it would nonetheless be pretty awesome.
    !

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not even a day into the fundraiser, and we're already close to the halfway point?
    Sweet!

Granted, I admit that I only pledged $14, since I already have War & XPs. That PDF of O-Chul won me over, hands down.

Speaking of which, I think it'd be cool if the Giant considered releasing future content as purchasable PDFs. Might be more financially viable than printed books (though I'll admit that books are really nice to have).

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Speaking of which, I think it'd be cool if the Giant considered releasing future content as purchasable PDFs. Might be more financially viable than printed books (though I'll admit that books are really nice to have).
    "Here, you can either have these comics as computer files for free, or you can have them as slightly different computer files which you have to pay for."

Somehow I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll admit I was tempted by the $60 deal, because I lost my copy of Don't Split the Party a bit back while moving (). However that seems to have all been taken up, and well... aside from that completely unreachable $5000 one, nothing else really appeals to me, and I already have War and XPs. :< Though I admit putting my gnoll cleric of Mouqol into OotS would have been cool.

But nevertheless, I made at least the $10 pledge. Half of the amount seems to have already been raised, I don't expect it will take much longer to fill it.

*eyes the $5000 prize longingly*

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    "Here, you can either have these comics as computer files for free, or you can have them as slightly different computer files which you have to pay for."

Somehow I don't think so.

I meant these special side stories, like the O-Chul one and anything that would be compiled in something like Snips, Snails, and Dragons Tails, not the main comic itself.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Annnnnd gone now. Not even 12 hours in.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I pledged the $45. I can't wait to see the bonus stories.

21. - Top - End - #111

MindFlayer

As further incentive to pledge something even if you already have WAXP, perhaps Giant could make a simpler version of the Grand Prize a raffle prize amongst the backers? Ie, one lucky backer gets a unique scribble avatar or something, irrespective of size of pledge. Or is that against rules of kickstart?

22. - Top - End - #112

DrowGirl

Well, I was originally planning on getting all the books in order, but I couldn't pass up this drive. So, I guess my first OotS book will be War and XPs.

(Still waiting to hear back from my FLGS about whether or not they can get in some of the other books... I'll be buying from them if I can.)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am going to have to have a word with the one who controls the finances... Would be a really nice time to start a new collection of books me thinks.

I have a question, and I hope it isn't too stupid, if the amount is met before the deadline and before I can sort out my stuff will it still be open to more pledges on it or will it close early?
    Last edited by Raddish; 2012-01-22 at 10:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there any chance we'll see a page of author's commentary in with How The Paladin Got His Scar? Those are always my favourite parts of the compilation/prequel books.

Also, I'm considering digging deep and going for the $250 pledge and I have a few questions:

- In the description it says "interacting comically as decided by the creator", would "the creator" be me, or Rich?
    - If me, would I be able to have speech in the crayon drawing?
    - Also, this seems to be the only pledge that doesn't specifically list the Roy magnet. Was this a mistake? Would I still get a Roy magnet?

Thanks.
    Spoiler: plotgoblin.tumblr.com
    Show

(for updates when new comics are posted and occasional rambling commentary)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raddish View Post
    I have a question, and I hope it isn't too stupid, if the amount is met before the deadline and before I can sort out my stuff will it still be open to more pledges on it or will it close early?

I hope it doesn't close early, cause I won't be able to pledge anything for 5 more days or so. I would imagine it stays open for the 30 days. if if goes over, hopefully more books are re-printed.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

My pledge is in. Go get em Rich!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Wow, I go food shopping and now there's like a billion questions to answer. OK, here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by Kusand View Post
    If we get the crayon drawing, how large is the drawing, and does that include backgrounds etc., or just two crayon characters on a white background? I'd like to get something regardless, but I miiiight be able to talk myself into the crayon...
    There will likely be props or whatever scenery is needed to make the scene, but don't expect the backgrounds to be fully colored. It doesn't look as clean and there's a much greater likelihood that I will accidentally drag my hand through it.

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGen View Post
    Would there be any possibility of having a physical copy of the O-Chul Story printed, or maybe added to the War and XPs book, as a revised edition? It's okay if not, but it would be very cool to have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    At this point, there are no definite plans to put the O-Chul story into print. If the pledge goes through I may, at some future point, collect it and any bonus stories pledged into another anthology, likely with a bunch of new material as well (like I did with the Dragon comics), but such a book wouldn't see the light of day in 2012, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaOOTSFan View Post
    urious - how will the PDF be shipped? To the email associated with the Amazon account, or...?
    They will either be emailed directly to the email account that you signed up for Kickstarter with, or we will email a link to a secure download page of some sort. Either way, it will go to the email associated with your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    I've pledged $55 (the $45 deal + $10 since I live in England), but I've just realised that my card expires at the end of January.

Is that going to cause any problems? Not really sure how Kickstarter works.
    Yes, that's going to cause problems. The charge won't go through until Feb 21. You can fix it by assigning a different card to your Amazon account and selecting that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    There is no risk of the $10 pledges running out; the PDFs are infinite, and we're not placing the order for the magnets until the drive has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Arin View Post
    Is there any way to pledge without going through Amazon?
    Sorry, Kickstarter controls the means of payment, and they only accept Amazon payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kancsar View Post
    As further incentive to pledge something even if you already have WAXP, perhaps Giant could make a simpler version of the Grand Prize a raffle prize amongst the backers? Ie, one lucky backer gets a unique scribble avatar or something, irrespective of size of pledge. Or is that against rules of kickstart?
    Kickstarter rule prohibit raffles, coupons, discounts, etc. I had wanted to originally offer coupons to the CafePress store as part of a package and discovered that I'm not allowed to.

The drive will stay open until February 21, regardless of how much is pledged. In fact, I'm really hoping that we absolutely crush the goal so we can get more than one book back in print.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDrake View Post
    Is there any chance we'll see a page of author's commentary in with How The Paladin Got His Scar? Those are always my favourite parts of the compilation/prequel books.
    I hadn't considered it, but if I think of anything to say, I'll put it in.

Also, I'm considering digging deep and going for the $250 pledge and I have a few questions:

- In the description it says "interacting comically as decided by the creator", would "the creator" be me, or Rich?
    Me. In other words, you pick the characters, and I come up with a joke scene for them. If you want to give me a vague direction (i.e. "Belkar killing hobgoblins"), that's fine, but the actual dialogue will be mine.

- If me, would I be able to have speech in the crayon drawing?
    Yes, but I'll be writing it, as above.

- Also, this seems to be the only pledge that doesn't specifically list the Roy magnet. Was this a mistake? Would I still get a Roy magnet?
    You will definitely get a Roy magnet. It's a typo, I just can't change the text of any reward that someone has already selected.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

28. - Top - End - #118

DrowGirl

The pledge won't close early, you can still join in whenever you want and get stuff. If more than the minimum is made, Rich said the extra will go towards reprinting another book (I think he said On the Origin of PCs is up next).

Of course, some of the rewards are limited, so those can run out. But the $45 one for the book is unlimited (since he can just make more than what he planned on if he gets enough money).

Edit: Ack, ninja'd by Rich.
    Last edited by Sethala; 2012-01-22 at 11:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks Giant. Glad to hear there might be some commentary. Now to go make my pledge.
    Spoiler: plotgoblin.tumblr.com
    Show

(for updates when new comics are posted and occasional rambling commentary)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There will likely be props or whatever scenery is needed to make the scene, but don't expect the backgrounds to be fully colored. It doesn't look as clean and there's a much greater likelihood that I will accidentally drag my hand through it.
    Cool, sounds reasonable. 8x11, smaller, larger? I'm trying to imagine it framed in my house, basically. I've always wanted some original art from something I love.
    Last edited by Kusand; 2012-01-23 at 12:05 AM.