New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 56 of 136 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1651
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Long time comic reader, first time poster. :)

I wanted to say that I am stunned by how many other people love this comic! I read a lot of webcomics and I am a HUGE comics dork, but this is my favorite comic with a running story. To see so many people donate to so he can support himself and let more people enjoy this story I enjoy so much... it just makes me happy. All six of the books in print at the same time? Seven whole new stories for donators? That's just fantastic!

I also wanted to say that I purchased a copy of SS&D and have donated to the drive. I am NOT saying he should reprint it! He has made himself completely clear on this and I am fine with that. That said, I would be very happy if at a later date, he reprinted the content of that book either in part as bonus features for later books, or in a different book with more content and a brand new name. I certainly don't want people to be forced to deal with the aftermarket in order to read these stories, and I feel it is selfish to be upset if they are eventually reprinted in a new, different book in some way.

Obligatory wishlist that I don't actually expect to be fulfilled: The crayon drawings included in a PDF format/bonus features in a later book (obviously reduced in scale for print), commentary on the donation drive stories from Mr. Burlew, an Order of the Scribble prequel in a couple of years, and for him to not get buried beneath all the stuff he has to sign for the fans!

2. - Top - End - #1652
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Currently we're sticking at top 7 on Kickstarter; another 90k to go if we want top 6, and 70k after that for top 5. Think we can make it?
    =Uncool-

3. - Top - End - #1653
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I've mentioned it on twitter as well. Sadly I'm 1,999,300 followers fewer than Felicia Day ;)
    Well, she has 1,883,140...

...You have negative 116,160 followers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #1654
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    Currently we're sticking at top 7 on Kickstarter; another 90k to go if we want top 6, and 70k after that for top 5. Think we can make it?
    =Uncool-
    Given that we've got all the books back into print the Pledge Drive has served it's purpose. I can't see it going much higher, and if it did what would the money go towards?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #1655
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Derider View Post
    Long time comic reader, first time poster. :)

I wanted to say that I am stunned by how many other people love this comic! I read a lot of webcomics and I am a HUGE comics dork, but this is my favorite comic with a running story. To see so many people donate to so he can support himself and let more people enjoy this story I enjoy so much... it just makes me happy. All six of the books in print at the same time? Seven whole new stories for donators? That's just fantastic!
    Welcome to the forums! This Kickstarter drive has been a wonderful wild ride, hasn't it?
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1656
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    D10 % - Blackwing. Since you often forget you have a % d10 until you need it.
    This had me in stitches.
    And your assignment looks good now the Giant only has to read it and then work his magic… oh, if only…

Another idea, maybe easier to implement – playing cards. One suit for our heroes, one for Team Evil, one for the Linear Guild, and one for… the Order of the Scribble maybe? Also, one or two Hinjoker cards.

7. - Top - End - #1657
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Given that we've got all the books back into print the Pledge Drive has served it's purpose. I can't see it going much higher, and if it did what would the money go towards?
    Even if the drive has served its original purpose, why would the Giant turn people away who want to give money? If nothing else it could go into a rainy-day fund and get used to reprint whichever book sells out first. And at this rate why would anyone who has $10 to spend and likes the comic not donate?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

8. - Top - End - #1658
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

It's like it's not even trying to slow down...

9. - Top - End - #1659
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Even if the drive has served its original purpose, why would the Giant turn people away who want to give money? If nothing else it could go into a rainy-day fund and get used to reprint whichever book sells out first. And at this rate why would anyone who has $10 to spend and likes the comic not donate?
    It's more how he will motivate them to pledge a lot of money without a clear goal. Up until know we've had those, so it probably depend on if he can fabricate some new ones.

10. - Top - End - #1660
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Depends on how many copies those full print runs will produce.
    He's not only fulfilling all of the reward levels for the drive, but he's also got orders from LGS owners, so he may need the extra cash to up the print runs (or have additional print runs).

Even if he's got all that covered, banking the funds toward the next print book would also be a good call.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

11. - Top - End - #1661
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    First mention of the pledge drive I saw on Twitter, a retweet from Felicia Day from Laughing Squid.

The Order of the Stick, The Highest Funded Comic on Kickstarter http://dlvr.it/18npWY

Uh oh... It's going to get even crazier now. Felicia Day has close to 2 million followers...
    See, now I'm sure she would be perfect to play Haley if OotS ever did live action. (And no, you don't all have to tell me how much you hate the idea at once. You can take turns, nicely, and one at a time complain about a live action OotS and how horrible it would be. Maybe every other post or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    He's not only fulfilling all of the reward levels for the drive, but he's also got orders from LGS owners, so he may need the extra cash to up the print runs (or have additional print runs).

Even if he's got all that covered, banking the funds toward the next print book would also be a good call.
    He could always set a goal on the chart for how much it would take to fund the next book without adding the book itself to the rewards.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

12. - Top - End - #1662

Quote Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
    And if i remember correctly (and if there have not been that big changes in the rules), Durkon should have d8 hit dice
    And, more importantly, the party band aid rolls d8s when curing people.

13. - Top - End - #1663
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post

I for one would be fine with everything north of $400k going into a "make sure Rich Burlew has long-term financial security" fund. If a guy can inspire this much enthusiasm in his work, he deserves it.

Everything north of $500k would of course go into a similar but separate "Make Rich Burlew's first name reflect his financial situation" fund. Though if that got too high he would have to stop bathing.

14. - Top - End - #1664
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post
    See, now I'm sure she would be perfect to play Haley if OotS ever did live action. (And no, you don't all have to tell me how much you hate the idea at once. You can take turns, nicely, and one at a time complain about a live action OotS and how horrible it would be. Maybe every other post or so.)
    Nah, it could be cool! NPH for Elan, natch.
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

15. - Top - End - #1665
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHead View Post
    I for one would be fine with everything north of $400k going into a "make sure Rich Burlew has long-term financial security" fund. If a guy can inspire this much enthusiasm in his work, he deserves it.

Everything north of $500k would of course go into a similar but separate "Make Rich Burlew's first name reflect his financial situation" fund. Though if that got too high he would have to stop bathing.
    I honestly wouldn't mind this. Though we should get the server upgraded first.

Edit: We're just about at $400k now!
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-02 at 06:28 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

16. - Top - End - #1666
    Dwarf in the Playground

I also wanted to say that I purchased a copy of SS&D and have donated to the drive. I am NOT saying he should reprint it! He has made himself completely clear on this and I am fine with that.
    I was annoyed when he first said SS&DT would be limited edition material. Why should future OOTS fans be denied access to this material when it goes out of print? Yes, he made himself clear. But I don't see why people are uptight about him putting the product out a second time. Did anyone who bought it really think they were getting something MORE valuable because it was limited edition? I don't get it.

That said, I would be very happy if at a later date, he reprinted the content of that book either in part as bonus features for later books, or in a different book with more content and a brand new name.
    Now this I would object to. I don't want to buy the contents of SS&DT twice in order to get the other material in these hypothetical new books. That is space that could have been new content or it is added cost to a book that could have been shorter/cost less.

17. - Top - End - #1667
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Team Evil:
    Pawns => Goblins
    Rooks => Hobgoblins
    Knights => Giant Mammoth
    King => Xykon
    Queen => Tsukiko
    Bishops => Redcloak and MitD
    Nah, make the various Elementals Redcloak is famous for the Knights.

18. - Top - End - #1668
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    I was annoyed when he first said SS&DT would be limited edition material. Why should future OOTS fans be denied access to this material when it goes out of print? Yes, he made himself clear. But I don't see why people are uptight about him putting the product out a second time. Did anyone who bought it really think they were getting something MORE valuable because it was limited edition? I don't get it.

Now this I would object to. I don't want to buy the contents of SS&DT twice in order to get the other material in these hypothetical new books. That is space that could have been new content or it is added cost to a book that could have been shorter/cost less.
    I wish it hadn't been limited edition either, but... well, to put it in DnD terms, we've got an LG comic writer and a lot of NG/CG fans. I don't want to buy things twice either. But he is obviously concerned with keeping his word, which is one hundred percent understandable, and I want the contents of the book to be available for everyone. It's quite obviously not a perfect solution. But it is a solution that would allow the content to be available for everyone in print form, which is what concerns me more than having to pay a little more.

19. - Top - End - #1669
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    Aww. I can entirely understand why people feel a reprint would be wrong. And I wonder why the issue is even raised considering Snips is still available; hardly suggesting a massive demand even with current 'limited edition' status...

Sheriff of Moddingham: Indeed. Please drop the SSDT reprint debate. It's not really the subject of this thread nor is it really up for debate.

Also, please take the casting of a live action OotS to a new thread. There's probably already an active thread.

And now, back to the merry-making.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

20. - Top - End - #1670
    Troll in the Playground

I (as a pre-orderer) wouldn't be against a reprint of SS&DT at some point, but probably a several-years-from-now point.

21. - Top - End - #1671
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by bjornthedwarf View Post
    I've had a google search saved on "Order of the Stick" to see if anymore articles are written about it. A nice high profile piece could drive a bunch of more people to check it out. I submitted a link to BoingBoing today about it. BB tends to like Kickstarter projects, and Doctorow is always interested in stories of authors/artists trying stuff like this.
    You were successful!

http://boingboing.net/2012/02/01/ord...d-webcomi.html

Also still on the front page, wow.

22. - Top - End - #1672
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Roland. Maybe you could make a new thread? This one is too long already.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

23. - Top - End - #1673
    Firbolg in the Playground

.. we've got an LG comic writer and a lot of NG/CG fans.
    Yes. An excellent way to put it.

And we also have a LN moderator. With a lot of firepower. So, things are exactly the way they should be.

24. - Top - End - #1674

$400k!!! We hit $400k!!!!!! :D
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

25. - Top - End - #1675
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

We have officially hit $400,000! I have a screenshot of it exactly on the mark but I don't know how to upload it to the board.

Edit: So I won't!
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...aptureqav.png/
    Last edited by The Derider; 2012-02-02 at 06:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1676
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, $404,250 would be 700% of the original goal, so...I guess that's next?

27. - Top - End - #1677
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

400K! Woot!

Half a million looks like a very reachable goal now.

28. - Top - End - #1678
    Orc in the Playground

Wohoo!

29. - Top - End - #1679
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

How d'you do tha, lad, with th' pictures?

Also, the bracers are 640,000gp. If we get that far we really ought to get them in the comic.

30. - Top - End - #1680
    Bugbear in the Playground

How d'you do tha, lad, with th' pictures?
    [IMG]put direct link to image here[/IMG]