New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 79 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104129 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2341
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHead View Post
    What 9000!?
    I think 9000 backers

2. - Top - End - #2342
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    I think 9000 backers
    Watch this, it may enlighten you.

Then read this.

3. - Top - End - #2343
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Woo new goals to smash like a fudge ripple deprived thog.
    We've gone into OOTs Overdose, with a strip nearly every day on the updates page and now a strip every day here.
    I might need to get into OOTS rehab when this is over. The withdrawal is gonna be killer.
    Oh yeah! But the overindulgence is sooooooooooo sweet!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #2344
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As of 4:30pm PST:

$713 per hour needed between now and the end of the drive to retake the #5 All Time spot on Kickstarter.
    $1298 per hour needed between now and the end of the drive to take Spot #4
    $1319 per hour needed between now and the end of the drive to take Spot #3
    $1622 per hour needed between now and the end of the drive to reach 1 Million Dollars.

Each of those numbers have been dramatically slashed from earlier in the day (@ 10am it was 852/1416/1437/1737). Unless something dramatic happenes between now and next Tuesday, the million dollar level is out of reach. #3 and #4 are probably out of reach.

But retaking #5? Yeah, I'd say that's probably doable.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #2345

Over $700,000 raised, and counting!!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #2346
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm, do I want to upgrade from the NCftPB w/extra coloring book pledge level to the Really Big Box level w/ NCftPB and extra coloring book. The price is a pretty heavy jump and worse it would mean having to wait until June for my stuff to arrive instead of April.

7. - Top - End - #2347

HalflingPirate

cool Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Damn you Rich, you've suckered me in - whole package time!

*finds way to hide credit card statement from the wife*

8. - Top - End - #2348
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    It is really too bad that the game and the books won't go into one box. I was planning on upgrading my all-the-books to all-the-books-and-the-game, but two times international shipping on top of it drove me to the very edge of what I was willing to spend and my fiancee clearly over the edge of what she would allow me to spend. A pity, but I could have seen that coming...
    How much did you spend on her engagement ring...?

That should shut her up ;-)

9. - Top - End - #2349

All of the Adventure Game reward packages are limited so that we can keep an eye on stock of the game; unlike the books, the game is printed by APE Games in China, so reprinting it takes a long time.

There are no "autographed" copies of the game available because the Deluxe Edition and The Shortening must ship from the Ookoodook warehouse in Houston, TX, which is not where I am. Sticky Shticks can still be added to an autographed package, though.
    So even though I'm in China, if I want to order the game it has to first go to TX and then go back to China, incurring the $37 shipping cost....
    Dragons are real, buffaloes fly.
    Spoiler
    Show

The bunny rules, and so do I!

10. - Top - End - #2350
    Dwarf in the Playground

And now I've bumped up the price for this expansion. Naturally, this means soon I will have to go and actually buy the game.

Still, worth it.

11. - Top - End - #2351
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm concerned that Rich might die of work at this point. I keep kicking in more money anyway, though, because I think he deserves it as one of the very best graphic novelists in the field, and this is the first time he's really accepted donations with no strings attached.

Really, though, I'd be perfectly happy if the next reward were "Rich slows down and takes a breather at the end of the pledge drive for the good of the strip".

12. - Top - End - #2352
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toper View Post
    Really, though, I'd be perfectly happy if the next reward were "Rich slows down and takes a breather at the end of the pledge drive for the good of the strip".
    Now that would be a worthy goal!
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

13. - Top - End - #2353
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Dammit, Rich! I thought I was all set with the whole story, but now it turns out that I'll somehow save money in the long run by upgrading to the board game, because I'm already giving you $250 (yay art print!) and it would only cost an extra forty-five bucks to add in the game, instead of $65 to buy it a la carte. But....money. And my car's not working.

Cuuuuuuuurse yoooooooouuuuuuuuu!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

14. - Top - End - #2354
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Dammit, Rich! I thought I was all set with the whole story, but now it turns out that I'll somehow save money in the long run by upgrading to the board game, because I'm already giving you $250 (yay art print!) and it would only cost an extra forty-five bucks to add in the game, instead of $65 to buy it a la carte. But....money. And my car's not working.

Cuuuuuuuurse yoooooooouuuuuuuuu!
    Exact same situation, save the fact that my car is working fine. Onwards! To nearly $300 pledged! There goes my entertainment budget for the next few months.

15. - Top - End - #2355
    Troll in the Playground

I've certainly pledged more than I intended, so I shouldn't buy jump rings for the next few months. On the other hand, I'm really waiting to get this nice package in the mail! It'll be great to open it up and go through it all.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

16. - Top - End - #2356
    Ettin in the Playground

Noooo! Haley's dying!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

17. - Top - End - #2357
    Ettin in the Playground

It'd be fun if the ending of the graph story depends on how much money is raised at the end.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

18. - Top - End - #2358
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Curses, the Deluxe Edition ends up being too much to fit on a Visa gift card after I apply the "not living in the United States" penalty. I guess I'll just add $6 to get the mini-expansion, and get the rest of the game later on from Ookoodook.

19. - Top - End - #2359
    Ettin in the Playground

Just upped my pledge for the Story and Game bundle.

20. - Top - End - #2360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    It'd be fun if the ending of the graph story depends on how much money is raised at the end.
    $800,000 - Vaarsuvius doesn't die
    $1,000,000 - Haley doesn't die
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #2361

Aww yeah, a week of Windy Canyon & Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing sounds good. Where're my buffalo wings!?!

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    Well ladies and gentlemen, we have once more gone off the charts. Awesome, no?
    Rich does need to make bigger charts...
    Last edited by Murray; 2012-02-13 at 11:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #2362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...I really need to read more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    $800,000 - Vaarsuvius doesn't die
    $1,000,000 - Haley doesn't die
    I like this idea.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

23. - Top - End - #2363
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

*Dusts off the old account*

Cough

Wow Has it been that long.

Well I am all in for the for the books and game. This drive has been amazing and I hope the giant is able to see just how much we all appreciate him and what he does.
    Long time game. Usually lurker.

24. - Top - End - #2364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SalSar_Thiran View Post
    *Dusts off the old account*

Cough

Wow Has it been that long.

Well I am all in for the for the books and game. This drive has been amazing and I hope the giant is able to see just how much we all appreciate him and what he does.
    Whoa, you only have five posts in the last five years. That's kind of cool...tell us about the past!
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

25. - Top - End - #2365
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Any guesses on the final total? I'm going for somewhere around 850K, although that might be a smidgen high. It sorta depends on what some of the future goals / rewards are.

26. - Top - End - #2366
    Troll in the Playground

HEY GUYS LISTEN

There's an Erfworld Kickstarter that just got going, so those of you with any money left (I know, not great timing on Rob's part) should go and contribute!

27. - Top - End - #2367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    HEY GUYS LISTEN

There's an Erfworld Kickstarter that just got going, so those of you with any money left (I know, not great timing on Rob's part) should go and contribute!
    Cool, I'll make sure to support that...

in about two weeks, when I have money again...

28. - Top - End - #2368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHead View Post
    Cool, I'll make sure to support that...

in about two weeks, when I have money again...
    Remember, you don't pay until the Kickstarter ends (29 days from now, I think).

29. - Top - End - #2369
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well, I made my previous post about chart breaking early in the morning and mistook the 680k for 660 due to being dangerously low on caffine. But now we have well and truly shattered the expectations of the given chart, and couldn't be more pleased. My next couple of months of budgeting will be razor thin thanks to the possibility of buying the Whole damn thing (ouch, says my wallet), but it's 1200% worth it. (which is a close approximation to the current total pledged amount compared to the original goal.)

Also, budgeting now for the Erfworld kickstarter.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

30. - Top - End - #2370
    Ogre in the Playground

Weird Al reads Erfworld!
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper