New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Interrogation Room
    Hunter lets her before digging into the burger like he hasn't eaten in weeks. The juices from the burger runs down his chin, following the same path as the dried blood that was already there.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #812
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interrogation Room

Terral comes back. "Okay, I have the information. We can do some analysis here, but for getting fixed we can't help you. Some places that might be able to help you are the organization GLoG, Beckett's Clinic, Never Lose Hope Hospital, and something new called... the Elexxion Industries Transhuman clinic? I don't know much about that last one, haven't actually looked into it myself."

((The analysis would be done by NPC scientists in Remnant.))

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

"If he takes after you at all, he'll grow up to be a good man."
    Jyarl tells her assuredly, setting a hand on her shoulder to give it a gentle squeeze. As far as the rumors went, the gossipers can go **** themselves with a chainsword for all he cared. This was important for more than just Missy and Jefferies. It was to him too.

Vas' Place

"If I'm to be honest, I didn't expect it to happen either. I didn't think I'd fall for one of them, let alone both."
    She says before giving Gus an apologetic look and a small shrug. "Sorry, but really." Vasquez says before giving a small sigh and looking at Elaine once more. "We didn't know how you'd react, so we decided to keep it secret until we could decide when to speak to you about it."

4. - Top - End - #814

Interrogation Room
    Hunter gulps down the last of his burger before responding.
    "But you're not going to let me out of here to go to any of those places, right? I did kill a man after all."
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

"He won't take after me. He'll be a man of peace. And I'm okay with that. What is the saying... 'People sleep easy in their beds because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf'? My family, my religion, my whole upbringing was based on pacifism. I never could accept it - I guess I always was one of the 'rough men' - but if Halifax can, then he'll probably have a longer and happier life than we will." She reaches up to touch the photo's frame, looking at the happy boy on the swing. "I didn't want to give him up. My parents didn't give me a choice. I only saw him for the first time a few months ago."

Vas's Place

Gus responds to Vas's admission by giving her a squeeze and a quick kiss on the temple. Elaine watches it with a mixture of fascination and revulsion. It's obvious that Gus adores Vasquez as much as Jacob does. It's more obvious, actually, since Jacob is so much more reserved than Gus. But the idea that Jacob knows, and accepts it... she's having a hard time with that.

"Are there any more secrets I can expect?"
    Elaine asks. "Please, if there are, I'd rather know now than be protected."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #816

[Interrogation Room]

"Not without supervision, I'd imagine." Iamar still isn't entirely sure on what the protocol surrounding this sort of situation is.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

"I didn't say he'd grow up to be a soldier. I said he'd grow up to be a good man."
    Jyarl clarifies. "You're a good soul who only happened to take the path of the sword over the one of the laurel branch. Being rough or militant has nothing to do with it." He tells her before smiling sadly and trying to give her a small hug. "He'll know you're there watching over him at least. Even if he hasn't been told, he'll know."

Vas' Place

"I don't believe so."
    Vasquez says. "This was pretty much the last one unless I'm forgetting something." She says before looking at Gus and wondering if she was forgetting something indeed.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"I'm not sure... but if you plead insanity induced by a scientific experiment and express the desire to be fixed, you might get allowed to choose a place of treatment. I'm not sure, but I find it likely... assuming you don't hurt anyone else."

Terral will sit back down, opposite to the hunter.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

Missy is too shaken by his words to do anything other than accept the hug. A good soul? After everything she'd done? That is so contrary to how she thinks of herself that it simply can't sink in properly. She files it away for later, and that just leads her to notice how nice it feels to be so close to a strong man.

I don't date soldiers,
    she reminds herself, and pulls away, trying not to make it so abrupt as to introduce awkwardness.

"Do you think Javert will really leave you alone now?" she asks.

Vas's Place

Gus thinks it over and counts them off on his fingers. "Your other got arrested for trying to kill your son. Jakey has an other. Jakey and me have learned to cooperate. Jakey is in love with the Commander. I'm in love with her too. I think that's everything."

"This is... a lot to take in. Please tell Jacob I would like to speak to him about this when he can," Elaine says, and rises to her feet.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

"As much as I hate to admit it, he's always been a man of his word."
    Jyarl admits as he lets go of Missy. "He won't bother us at all provided I stay away from the House and it's holdings."

Vas' Place

"Elaine..."
    Vas starts, rising with her. "I'm sorry for the deception. You should have learned some other way." She admits. "We'll take Jacob though. Thanks for being understanding."

11. - Top - End - #821

Missy's Place 1.0

"Alright, alright!"

Magtok's rather taken aback, even if he knows exactly where all of this is coming from. As for doing the right thing, he wouldn't know what that was, even if it was flying around in spandex and punching him in the jaw. How the hell do you father someone who was born an adult and is already flirting with more ladies than our cyborg can count? At least with a little kid there's manuals and techniques and stuff. An adult's already got his language development and junk already out of the way, he's forging his own path and/or running off to Hell to go help his mom get that one clone back.

"He's not another Cynthia, I already know that. I just wish I still had my perfect record of flawless fathering I did up until the harpooning. He was partially why TH did the proposal in the first place, to make him marginally less of a bastard child and stuff. Eliminate all shadow of a doubt that his mother and father were anything less than committed to the family thing and whatnot."

And look how well that went, huh?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-07-29 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Missy's Place 1.0

Missy relents, releases his robes, and goes for the hug again.

"Sorry. This whole thing is just awful. I hope someone catches that bitch and makes her pay," Missy says. "Same group that burned down the tenement where the little orc girl was found. They're just evil."

Missy's Place 2.0

"It's weird to think... Jefferies wouldn't even be alive if it weren't for him. I'm very glad I never went out with him a second time, but I'm more glad that I happened to go out with him that once, and that we happened to be driving past at the right time to see that fire."
    Missy says, sitting down on the sofa. The 'what could have beens' can drive a person crazy.

Vas's Place

Elaine nods stiffly and leaves. Gus hugs Vas tightly. "It'll be okay, Vas. Jakey will make it okay."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #823

Interrogation Room
    Hunter thinks.
    "Let's just get the analysis done first. Take things one thing at a time..."
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

Jyarl doesn't say anything about Javert possibly being the reason Jefferies is alive, but Missy will see that his expression is enough of an answer. His jaw is clenched and he's obviously restraining himself from saying something that they'd both regret. After a moment, he closes his eyes to try and control his emotions and breathing.

Vas' Place

Vasquez gives a sigh and sets her good hand on Gus' arm as she relaxes against him, feeling worried. "Maybe." She says quietly before turning to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Now, I have to go to work and place a few bets. I'll see you both later."

Rec Center

"Alright folks! Gather 'round, it's time for the betting pool to begin on Remnant's newest Couple-to-be!"
    Taul says as he stands behind the bar, underlining "Halifax + Jyarl" on a whiteboard before writing down the names of the people in the Recreation Center. Once that's done, he spins back around with a grin on his face. "Alright! Everyone knows the rules! Keep all private information about the couple to yourself, otherwise it's no fun for the rest of us. That said, the bets are about when they're established together. Whether that means as an actual couple or just bed-buddies is up to you. I'll place the odds. Now, lets begin!"

"Never!" Tracey shouts. "It'll never happen. Fifty bucks!"

At that, Taul sighs. "Now that's the easy bet, Tracey. One'll get three. Anyone else want the same?"

"Put me down for 20 on that."
    Carol says from her place on the edge of the pool table.

At that, Taul writes down the names and numbers just as Alice speaks up. "Fourty on it having already happened!" She shouts with a grin before Taul raises an eyebrow at her. "Now Alice, we all know you're privy to more information than us, but no need to rub it in our faces. Besides, it hasn't snowed here and pigs aren't flying yet." He tells her with a grin as he writes down her name and bet. "1:10 odds. Also, come up here and grab your winnings from the Vas/Jake/Gus pool." He tells her as he pulls out a massive bag of coins and sets it on the bar.

"Hah! So that's who won the bet!"
    Vasquez says as she leans against the doorway with a smirk. "And set me down for 100 on two weeks."

The priest grins and writes down the bet, putting 1:4 on it.

"And I'll put 75 on her getting both of them!"
    Dizzy shouts from the rear. "Both of who?!?" Taul shouts back, looking confused.

"Jyarl and Magtok! In two weeks time!"

There's several winces and a couple nods as Taul taps his chin as he figures out the odds. "Good luck with that. One for seventy-five. Chances are that Jyarl and Magtok would kill each other first. Any other takers?"

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

[Rec Center]

Put me down as betting 50 on "ain't happening", says Dragan, the Serbian scout from the Fast Response squad, a small man with a short goatee and a buzzcut. I mean, between the two of them there's no way.
    I'll take some of that "both Magtok and Jyarl" action, says Filimon, Anatolij's second in command. Just for the hell of it. 70 bucks!
    Me too! Shouts Antoni, the team's sapper.
    Anatolij and the rest of the squad just shake their heads, finding it rather silly. However, to everyone's surprise the silent and grim sniper, Stanisław, speaks up.
    50 bucks on a month, he says quietly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

Stupid stupid stupid... change the subject... "She's growing really fast. I swear, she's shot up 3 cm this week. Have you started making marks on the doorframe?" It was the first safe topic she could think of, and it sounded really stupid as she said it, but maybe it would be enough.

Vas's Place

Gus kisses Vas goodbye, then sits down with the camera to explain to Jakey what just happened.

Rec Centre

"Ten on 'already happened'. I trust Alice's instincts," Charity says.

"That'd be more flattering if you were betting real money,"
    Delisle says as she goes to pick up her winnings.

"Hey, I have a nephew to spoil!" Charity protests.

Delisle splits her money in two and gives half back to Taul. "Raise my bet. Forgot I had this coming."

"Oooh, the lady is confident," Taul laughs.

"'Already happened'... whatever you're on, Delisle, I want some." Tracey mutters as she takes out her money. "Hey, since you're rich, spot me twenty till payday? I forgot there was that sale at Arcane Threads last weekend."

"Nice try, Elton. If you can't cover your own losing bets, I'm not helping you,"
    Delisle says.

"Fine, fine. I'm only in for thirty then," Tracey says. "Those sandals were totally worth it though."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-07-30 at 12:35 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Rec Center

"Seventy-five on one within the week, and the other dead in two," calls Eileen as she enters the Rec Center, having listened in from the doorway and finally, for once, joining in a 'group activity'. "With another twenty-five on 'the dead one comes back and gets it within the month'." the Nordic blonde adds with a smirk.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rec Center]

"Put me down for 100 for the two week pool." Sequoia speaks up from off to the side, a grin on her face. It's antics like this that that make her love her job.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Rec Center]

"50 on the next week term." Tovpir says. He does understand why this is happening. Such work can be hard and it needs time for fun, even thought of the cost of privacy.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0

The line of conversation takes a moment for Jyarl to calm down, but he does so after a moment before shaking his head. "No, I haven't made marks yet, but I really should, shouldn't I?" He asks rhetorically before checking the time. "It'll take a while for us to get back to Jefferies' class, but do you want to stop for a meal on the way?"

Rec Center

Taul smirks at all the bets and writes them all out on the board. "Alright folks, unless there's any new ones, I believe we're done."

21. - Top - End - #831

Missy's Place 1.0

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Missy's Place 1.0

Missy relents, releases his robes, and goes for the hug again.

"Sorry. This whole thing is just awful. I hope someone catches that bitch and makes her pay," Missy says. "Same group that burned down the tenement where the little orc girl was found. They're just evil."

"Erm...yeah."

Magtok hesitates, caught in a rather awkward and uncomfortable position. Sure, Missy's a soldier with Remnant, and Remnant is an organization capable of doing all sorts of questionable things for the safety of the people they serve, but there's a limit. Only so much you can justify and/or write off as justice being served, before you start creeping towards sick, twisted, and absolutely unconscionable acts of torture and cold-blooded vigilantism, and that sort of torture and vigilantism is precisely what Magtok intends to do, and already has minions working on right now.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-07-30 at 09:00 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Missy's Place 2.0 >> Leaving

"Sure. We can do that,"
    Missy says. After all, she needs something to get the taste of foot out of her mouth.

Missy's Place 1.0

"Wanna put in some stupid movies, or mindless video games or something?" Missy suggests. She has no idea if she's making things better or worse than Magtok, but is starting to believe the latter, based on Mag's reactions.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #833

Missy's Place 1.0

Magtok glances at his wrist for just a moment, and suddenly looks terribly sick to his stomach. Oh gods, Cassius...

"Stupid movies, I think. Or maybe videogames, I dunno. Something without blood and guts and decapitated heads."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

Missy arrives to find Jyarl just getting Jefferies out of the bath and into clean clothes. She could hear Jefferies being even fussier than usual and imagined time-out would be in her near future. There was only so much excitement a little body could take before it turned into crankiness.

Missy slipped into Jyarl's bedroom and placed the watch on his nightstand before meeting the pair in Jefferies' room. "One story, then I think it's naptime for Master Chief. She seems awfully tired."

Missy's Place 1.0

Missy digs through her dvds and puts in "The Muppet Movie". She can't remember for sure, but she thinks it's murder-free.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

Jyarl smiles up at Missy as he tucks Jefferies and Master Chief into their bed for the nap. "Alright, one story..." The officer tells Jefferies before he pulls out a book and begins reading.

A half hour later, with Jefferies gently sleeping, he leans over to give her a kiss on the forehead. "Love you." He whispers before he repositions the blanket and heads to his room to get new clothes on due to the ice cream stains from bathing Jefferies.

It's only after he's removed his shirt that he sees the watch where it normally was. He stares at it, blinking for a moment and wondering how it got there before he realizes that Missy must have gone back to get it. He slips it on and fastens it before stepping out of his room, still shirtless, to find Missy in the hallway.

Wordlessly, he slips his arms around her and kisses her softly. "Thank you." He murmurs when he needs to take a breath.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

Missy hadn't even had a chance to take in the sight of Jyarl's massive and heavily scared torso before she found herself in his arms.

If she'd had time to react, she might have turned away. Pretended not to notice. Rebuffed the advance in a way that let him save face. Not because she wasn't attracted to him, but because it would complicate everything. She didn't date soldiers. As far as she knew, Jyarl didn't date at all. He just had sex, and plenty of it. The gossip mill had over various times, placed him with half the women in the old Mortal Coil. That wouldn't necessarily have been a problem. Missy had been in a dry spell for a long while, but she made no claims to celibacy. Sexual immorality was against her religion, but it was a lesser sin than violence, and Prophet knew she was already damned.

What would have made her hesitate was Jefferies, and how any sort of tension or drama between the two adults in her life might have affected her.

But the kiss was so unexpected that her only options were to kiss him back or reject him completely. She was in his arms, he was kissing her, and she couldn't bring herself to reject him. Not after everything he'd been through today. So she kissed him back, and the gentleness of his kiss and the sheer longing of it swept away all of her thoughts

He pulled back a little with his arms still around her. "Thank you." She held his gaze, wondering what he was thanking her for. The kiss? Helping with Jefferies? Being there today when he gave away his birthright?

"You're welcome," she said, meaning all of that and more, as she put a hand behind his head and pulled him in for another kiss.

Jyarl was consumed with need, but not in a way he was used to. Normally when he wanted sex, he found a willing partner to push against the wall for something wild and rough. He didn't want to do that with Halifax, and he wasn't sure why. He ran a hand down her side and wondered, as he always did, how women soldiers could be so hard and so soft at the same time. The caress continued along her thigh (Throne, those legs!) and came to an abrupt stop when he reached her sidearm.

She could have pulled away then, made an excuse. The kid would wake up from her nap. She needed to get home. There were errands she needed to run, gotta go, you understand, see you soon. He expected it, steeled himself for it. Instead she unfastened the thigh holster and offered it to him, gun and all.

"Gun safe?" she asked.

"There's one in the bedroom." He locked up the weapon, while she locked the bedroom door, and then the curtain fell.

Missy could guess why Jyarl was clinging to her. It wasn't physical release he was aching for, but emotional connection. He kept his touch tender, because that's what he wanted - needed - in return. However long he'd been away from home, however much he believed that Jefferies was worth the sacrifice, the loss of his House had left a scar - an amputation really - that he would always bear.

The comfort she gave him was unwillingly hurried by the napping child. They finished sooner than they might have done otherwise and quickly dressed afterwards. By unspoken agreement, they curled up together on the sofa to try to recapture the mood. He nibbled lightly on the finger he'd threatened to bite earlier. She kissed along his collar bone. Together they shared what silence was left in the afternoon for as long as it lasted.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-08-01 at 04:17 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #837

[Interrogation Room]

"Very well. Terral, I assume you know where to lead this man?" Iamar moves towards the door.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"Of course. Come on, let's get going..."

I assume that this part can happen off-screen, as some knowledgeable medical scientists and maybe some wizard goes about analyzing the Hunter's condition. As long as the hunter doesn't cause trouble, there shouldn't be any trouble. Terral will always be keeping an eye on him, but maintains his personable demeanor.

29. - Top - End - #839

Interrogation Room
    Hunter doesn't cause any trouble. He's trying to resist the crazy mood swings right now.
    Hunter's brain is slowly deteriorating while the part of the brain that produces the chemicals for anger is working off the charts.
    However, if one where to beef up his immune system soon, before his brain completely goes, it would save his sanity, though it wouldn't reverse the gene-changing process. Hunter will have to live with the changes for the rest of his life.
    Though they'd have to beef his system up within a couple days or...the situation could very well turn even worse.
    Anyways, there's several places that could provide such a boost in inside, I believe.
    At Dave's clinic you could get it done for free too.

I'm assuming they'll bring Hunter back to the Interrogation Room afterwards.
    "So...how'd I check out?"
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #840

Missy's Place 1.0

About an hour into the film, Magtok sighs again, pulling his eyes away from his left wrist. Seems he's been updated on the goings-on down at the MagCave again.

"Missy, I need a favor. A month or so from now, exactly four human supremacists are going to act up. They'll have all been reported as missing or dead previously, around this date and time. Decapitated, I think? I don't know the details yet. Anyways, they'll come back and make a decent effort of looking like they want to hurt people, but it'll all be an act, a well-staged and frightening lie."

Magtok focuses intently on the movie and away from Missy, knowing she's going to ask questions, and with no clue whatsoever how he's going to deal with them.

"I need the four MagClones, because that's what these people will be when they return, dead. Shot dead, arrested and then executed, forced to shoot themselves dead, it doesn't matter. Everyone has to believe those four were resurrected or something, that they were exactly who they appeared to be, and the only way for that to happen is if they die like filthy terrorists."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson