New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Don't be silly, warbears don't fly.
    That's what they thought...until it was too late....

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Don't be silly, warbears don't fly.
    First, there was the RAWR bomb AKA Bear Torpedo.
    Then, there was druid skydiving. That was fun.
    Then ther was the druid halo-drop. (Druid Skydive while in stealth cat) Incredibly awesome for attacking main cities.

But, Darnell in his infinite wisdom, lo, did find the better way.

Google up or check youtube for "Blizz Blues Armor Sprinkles"
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, everyone. After many repair bills and limited time/attention span, I've pretty much figured out I can't solo Vashj or get to Illybeans Illidan alone. So I'm asking if anyone has time and patience to spare to help me defeat them a few times looking for pieces for a Transmog/showoff set. I'm looking for Krakken-heart Breastplate and the Warglaives of Azzinoth (in hopes that they bring back MH/OH weapons for DPS people).

I know asking others to pass on legendaries, even old ones that rarely drop, is rough, so I'm not exactly expecting everyone to jump on helping with Black Temple. But if you do come along, you can have/split with whoever else goes every other item that drops, and gold will be split between the group (these bosses drop a pretty nice amount of gold, between 250 and 300 per boss). There's also rep gains if you aren't exalted with Ashtongue/Cenarion Expedition yet. I can't give a time approximation, but with 2 people it'd probably take around 2 hours.

If anyone on Horde side would be willing to help, shoot me a PM and I'll get my Bnet info to you so we can friend up and go kill some stuff.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Man, the achievement last week was nothing. Surprisingly, Arathi ended up being the last one for me (I say surprisingly because it seems like I usually end up being the first one to hit LM with my Crusader Aura up). Of course, I'm almost exclusively a PvP player these days, so I guess I have the edge. On the other other hand, I run a Protection Paladin.

Where's a good Alliance presence, anyway? I'm locked in for most of the next year and open to starting a new character on a different server. I currently play on Ursin (PvP), and it's pretty dead.

5. - Top - End - #605

Check www.wowprogress.com as it has server balance information. There is a ratio on each server to give you an idea of how many of X or Y faction there is.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I love RAWRbombing things. It's much fun. And cliffs work fine too, if they're steep enough.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone got any advice on how I can get my mage to stop running out of mana so fast? D:

He's level 50 now, but any time I'm in a dungeon, I go oom at least 5 times, easy. 'Cause I'm an Arcane Mage (main spec, OS is Frost) I use Arcane Blast on Bosses, but just use Arcane Barrage and Arcane Missiles (if it procs) on trash mobs. And I have 3 heirlooms too (head, chest and cloak), but alas, the int from those isn't enough.

Anyone have any tips?

(never had this problem with my 85 Balance Druid, ever)

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

8. - Top - End - #608

Okay, so today Blizzard announced that Druids are going to be getting a cooldown type ability. It boosts our healing and damage output by a sizeable chunk. Great. Awesome. Oh wait, there is another effect.
    "While active, all healing spells also damage a nearby target for 50% of healing done, and all damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done."
    Anyone who has ever watched my livestream knows that my screen is FULL of green numbers (healing) pretty much at all times. 30 seconds where half of that output is turned into damage? Yikes.

Wait, what happens to overheal numbers? Because my actual potential output is double my heals that land and get tracked so... yeah.
    20K Heal per second + 20K DPS
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with that.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Check www.wowprogress.com as it has server balance information. There is a ratio on each server to give you an idea of how many of X or Y faction there is.
    Actually, I meant more of "Is there a GiantitP Alliance presence on any particular server," although that wasn't very clear. Interestingly, while Tol Barad used to stay Horde on my server, Alliance has had pretty solid control of it lately. I'm not unhappy with my server, exactly: I like the "single-player" aspects of WoW well enough, but I like the forum community here and figured maybe some of them had congregated onto a server. Seems like from my semi-lurking more of you play Horde, though.

10. - Top - End - #610

Why I think that new cooldown will end up getting nerfed.

How to Decimate a 3v3 or 5v5 arena conflict in 4-6 easy steps.
    1-Treeform
    2-3x Lifeblooms for all. Liberally sprinkle with Rejuvinations and Glyphed Regrowths.
    3-Press Cooldown.
    4-Tranquility
    If they are still alive.
    5-Swiftmend + Shrooms.
    6-Spam more Regrowths.

For literally 1 minute (Treeform back to back with CD) Druids can just heal like nuts. About 30% more nuts. And for 30 seconds of that, they can be dealing crazy damage. Switching Treeform for Treants might be more effective for that PvP burst.

Potential nerfs I see coming as a result:
    -Shorter duration
    -Nerf Tranquility
    -Longer cooldown (4-5 minutes)
    -Overhealing doesn't apply damage
    -HoTs don't count.

How I hope that I am completely wrong.

EDIT: Livestream raid tonight. Usual time, approx 8 hours from now.
    www.livestream.com/karoht
    Anything in particular you want me to focus on? Any particular healing tips for specific bosses?
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-05-08 at 04:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Anyone got any advice on how I can get my mage to stop running out of mana so fast? D:

He's level 50 now, but any time I'm in a dungeon, I go oom at least 5 times, easy. 'Cause I'm an Arcane Mage (main spec, OS is Frost) I use Arcane Blast on Bosses, but just use Arcane Barrage and Arcane Missiles (if it procs) on trash mobs. And I have 3 heirlooms too (head, chest and cloak), but alas, the int from those isn't enough.

Anyone have any tips?

(never had this problem with my 85 Balance Druid, ever)
    Two things come to mind - Evocation and Mage Armor. Also, are you using Mana Gems? If you're a Blood Elf you've also got Arcane Torrent every two minutes. Lastly, make food and eat it, every time you're not in combat, even if you don't get the full benefit. Even a few seconds of eating will regen a pretty decent chunk of mana for you.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #612
    Barbarian in the Playground

I finally won a drop for the LFR DW polearm. This means I now have the complete LFR 5 set, the DW Bow and the DW polearm. Trinket still hasn't dropped, so I'm still saddled with a 359 (the 397VP trinket is rubbish) for a while. I forked out an excessive amounts for enchantments on a few new items, but I'm perplexed: Why does my ilvl read 384/384 when I have no other items in my inventory?
    Last edited by Elm11; 2012-05-10 at 05:05 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

13. - Top - End - #613

So we finally had the entire crew together last night,no pugs or replacements.
    Zonozz dropped my heroic gloves finally.
    We one-shot H Blackhorn. And what makes that really cool? I solo-healed pretty much the entire second phase, because our other healer decided to get stunned while standing in a fire. And our battle rez was previously used prior to that.
    That was hard, let me tell you boys and girls.

H Spine attempts.
    Made it to the last plate easily enough. That last plate is just brutal though, even with the 20% debuff.
    Good news? We have 2 more days to progress on spine.
    Bad news? Next week I am MIA due to a co-worker on vacation.
    Worse news? The week after that officially marks the beginning of convention season, so our rogue will be extremely intermittent from then on.
    Meaning, this might be our last week to down Spine before Mists.

Also, Caramelldansen anyone?

14. - Top - End - #614

We're going to try to put together a Firelands run tonight at 8PM eastern time. If you're interested, please let me know and make sure I have your RealID information for the invite.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

15. - Top - End - #615

I'd love to make it, but it's a few hours before my last exam for the midyear period, so I can't. Give us a shout if anything delays it until the day after or something like that.

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    We're going to try to put together a Firelands run tonight at 8PM eastern time. If you're interested, please let me know and make sure I have your RealID information for the invite.
    If it is at the time I think it is (6pm or even 4pm my time) I should be clear to attend today. Can't wait.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

I know Edmonton is 2 hours behind Eastern time, so I would assume Calgary (that's where you are, right?) is the same.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    I know Edmonton is 2 hours behind Eastern time, so I would assume Calgary (that's where you are, right?) is the same.
    Correct. So it's at 6pm my time? Awesome.

I should livestream this? I think I should.

19. - Top - End - #619

Let's wait and see if it happens first. I've not had good luck the last few weeks.

20. - Top - End - #620

GiantITP Firelands Livestream: Go!
    www.livestream.com/karoht

21. - Top - End - #621

In response to your wife's argument about Illidan voices: You're arguing with your wife. Of course you're wrong.

Last edited by Elm11; 2012-05-09 at 07:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    In response to your wife's argument about Illidan voices: You're arguing with your wife. Of course you're wrong.

Yes, yes indeed I was.
    For anyone who doesn't understand what I'm talking about, check the stream. Or I'll fill you in tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #623

I had fun. I'm disappointed that we didn't get Rags down, but we got a late start and we had two people who'd never been in there before. Overall, it went much better than other raids where I've picked up that many people that I'd never raided with before.

For those curious, Astorya is Alarra; Zebmage is me, of course; Karoht as himself; Bessany is Derjuin; Choyrt is my guild leader and, though he has an account here, I think he's posted once.

For the record, as clumsily as that raid went, we haven't been in there in a month and I haven't had to explain the fights in much longer than that. All told, it could have gone much worse and, in fact, if not for Karoht and Derjuin, it probably would not have gone at all, so thank you, very much.

24. - Top - End - #624

It was a bit clumsy, and certainly not helped by the fact that I apparently ran the entire time without a weapon equipped. Darn that Argent Tournament...

It'd be really nice if we could get a group to try heroics sometime.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

25. - Top - End - #625

If you're running anything raids or heroics like that on a Friday or Saturday evening, I'd love a heads up. Being in Australia, your 8pm is my 10am the next day, so realistically (your) Fridays and Saturdays are the only time I can make things.

26. - Top - End - #626

Well, I was trying to set up achievement/old content runs on Saturday nights, but again, with the expansion nearing its end, I was getting a lack of participation.

27. - Top - End - #627

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    For those curious, Astorya is Alarra; Zebmage is me, of course; Karoht as himself; Bessany is Derjuin; Choyrt is my guild leader and, though he has an account here, I think he's posted once.

For the record, as clumsily as that raid went, we haven't been in there in a month and I haven't had to explain the fights in much longer than that. All told, it could have gone much worse and, in fact, if not for Karoht and Derjuin, it probably would not have gone at all, so thank you, very much.
    Hey, no problem, it was great to finally hang out with you guys.

Spent 3 hours on Heroic Spine of Deathwing. And we did punch him in the spine quite hard. Consistently got to third plate, consistently got the plate down to 2 mill. 3rd pull we got it to 1 mill. It was a great pull actually, music all was lining up with everything, especially cooldowns, it was all looking quite good.
    Sadly, didn't stream it. Totally forgot.

We got more progression tonight, wish us luck. We might come in on the weekend if people are available, push just a little bit more.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

Today I have decided that I feel like playing World Of Warcraft again. If anyone is interested in sending me a Scroll of Resurrection send me a PM.

29. - Top - End - #629

Just killed Spine of Deathwing. On Heroic Difficulty. Still got time for some pulls on Madness of Deathwing, Heroic Difficulty. Wish us luck.

30. - Top - End - #630

Good luck for pulls that probably happened a few hours ago!