New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1315
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Out of character thread 6

And each interpretation results in wildly different fluff for the species. I'm personally fond of the Fey interpretation myself (if you haven't read Mendacity go do so, seriously) with bugs probably being my least favorite.

Vampire changelings work well for the 'Queen Chrysalis was the princess from Hearts and Hooves Day' idea. Because curses are nasty.

The demons from Tartaurus route is good if you just want monsters that the heroes can kick to the curb.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. I must be more tired than I thought to have forgotten all those. >.>

As I'm partial to leaving it open for PC Changelings (*cough cough Sandy's totally going to swing by the cafe once this Time Bubble nonsense is done cough*) I'm less inclined to go with the demons from Tartarus route. Could still work as a PC race, but those are some hefty alignment restrictions. Changelings that just try to get by would be less common, or nonexistent with that interpretation.

I do agree that bug is least interesting, so that leaves my leanings somewhere between vampiric and fey-based changelings.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

My personal leanings are towards fey with the vampire and Tartarus things maybe being fairy tales. Bug is definitely the least interesting of the options.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I like the idea of them being vampiric in nature, or being some sort of "normal" species that has bug traits, rather than actually being bugs or a "insectoid" species. Like, yeah, they have chitinous shells and bug eyes, but I'd still say they're kinda like mammals such as ponies. Y'know, possibly warm blooded instead of cold blooded, internal skeleton rather than just an exoskeleton, lungs instead of spiracles, etc. Sorta like how griffons are bird+feline, Changelings could be bug+equine.

Fey is acceptable too. And/or, they're a product of Chaos. A species made long ago by Discord, along with Timber Wolves and Hydras and other critters.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-05-12 at 01:40 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    And/or, they're a product of Chaos. A species made long ago by Discord, along with Timber Wolves and Hydras and other critters.
    Yes. Because Smoothie needs more reasons to absolutely despise Beautiful Nightmare.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Leaning towards fey origins, with vampiric traits.

It's obvious they're creatures of magic, though less obvious of what kind.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Okay, the main interpretations I know of are

1. Fey Changelings (Strange beings of wild magic. Iron adversely affects them)

2. Bug Changelings (Just another race, but buglike.)

3. Vampire Changelings (Monsters that turn others into their own kind)

4. Demon Changelings (Scary things from the depths of Tartarus.)
    Mine is like the zerg, if the zerg were emotion vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Mine is like the zerg, if the zerg were emotion vampires.
    So, basically a combo of 2 and 3?

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Leaning towards fey origins, with vampiric traits.

It's obvious they're creatures of magic, though less obvious of what kind.
    This is my leaning as well. Even if they are fey in nature, I think you could still use the Hearts and Hooves backstory as their origin. All Stories need a beginning, after all.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just a heads up, I'm going to wait until everyone else has posted in the Time Bubble scene before I post for Snickers. Y'know, so I have a better idea of what to post, and to cut down on the chances of him saying or doing something stupid. >.>

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads up, I'm going to wait until everyone else has posted in the Time Bubble scene before I post for Snickers. Y'know, so I have a better idea of what to post, and to cut down on the chances of him saying or doing something stupid. >.>
    Good plan.

And for the record, I've definitely got a few possible resolutions for this little sub-plot in mind. Some are better than others, some are decidedly worse than others, and some are just okay. Of course, I'm more than open to being surprised, so that's always an option.

Just be careful, as this is the proverbial point of no return. The plot will be ending - one way or another - with this scene.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-05-13 at 11:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, fey with vampire traits it is.

Next issue.

I hereby vote we declare "Equestria Girls" COMPLETELY noncanon for the purposes of this RP.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Okay, fey with vampire traits it is.

Next issue.

I hereby vote we declare "Equestria Girls" COMPLETELY noncanon for the purposes of this RP.
    I vote we wait until it comes out before passing judgement, but I also don't particularly see any reason - thus far, at least - that it'll have any bearing on this RP.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, what I've heard of it kind of weirds me out, but I think I'll wait to pass judgement as well. They might actually find a good way to execute it.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

There are just too many bad elements I know of Equestrian Girls to make me have any faith they could pull off this thing decently. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Good plan.

And for the record, I've definitely got a few possible resolutions for this little sub-plot in mind. Some are better than others, some are decidedly worse than others, and some are just okay. Of course, I'm more than open to being surprised, so that's always an option.

Just be careful, as this is the proverbial point of no return. The plot will be ending - one way or another - with this scene.
    Oh, hehe. Good to know.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-05-15 at 10:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Okay guys, strategy time.

I've got an idea for how to handle the Snow/Sandy situation. The problem is, it's a pretty big gamble. If it works, Sandy may be saved. If it doesn't, Sandy is totally being thrown under the bus, though it buys us a little time.

Basically, this seems unlike Sandy, from what I and Snickers know about him. Just dropping Snow Angel cold turkey? That's a pretty jerk move, and it seems out of character for him. The way I see it, there was either a 3rd party involved who strong-armed Sandy into it, or something else drove Sandy to dump her - possibly worries and concerns about not being good enough for her, holding her back since he wasn't a pegasus, etc.

So basically, my idea is that one of our characters just tells Sandy to ask him for the truth. Snickers doesn't know Sandy is cursed, but he still realizes that Sandy has no room to negotiate or reason to lie. Snow has him in the perfect position to get the full truth out of him, curse or no curse. So if she asks him for the truth about why he left her and why he's back now, she'll certainly get it. And that truth will either be enough to chill her out, or utterly piss her off but by Spitfire and Soarin' an excuse to intervene.

Thoughts? Better ideas?

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye. Asking Sandy's version of events should clear things up considerably.

Snow Angel's tale sounds like it has been soured from her recollections.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

Its a fine idea to me. On that note, I'll be skipping Fox's turn so that whoever asks that question can sooner get us the answer

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Should we do the "Smoothie Impersonates Luna at 3 AM or so" plot thing in the Time Bubble thread?

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

So... I'm thinking either Hawk needs to decide if we're cool with going for a "journey to the inside of a Sugar" plot or something else, since I am still waiting on her.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so in the interest of not browsing through four or five different threads just to find out basic information:

What sort of RP is this? Slice of Life, I'm assuming, but confirmation would be helpful.

What power levels are we working with here? I noticed something about an "evil enchantress", for example, and I'd like to know if she's even close to pre-alicornization Twilight.

What info do I need to come up with to register? Y'know,m aside from the obvious stuff like name and whatnot.

What's the basic situation; in short, how can I best jump in once I have a character?
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Okay, so in the interest of not browsing through four or five different threads just to find out basic information:

What sort of RP is this? Slice of Life, I'm assuming, but confirmation would be helpful.
    About 97% slice of life I'd say.

This is a little beyond the standard tone of the show, but the spirit of the show still applies. Nobody should die or be seriously injured at any point, and certainly nothing beyond what you'd see in a PG-13 movie at MOST.

What power levels are we working with here? I noticed something about an "evil enchantress", for example, and I'd like to know if she's even close to pre-alicornization Twilight.
    Most characters are the power level of normal background ponies in the show, though there are a few that are more powerful. Generally, if they're more powerful, there should be a reason for it.

I think I have the most overpowered character in the RP, but she's primarily in situations where said power means absolutely nothing.

The evil enchantress bit is just a joke. Her special talent is making potions. Benson can tell you more.

What info do I need to come up with to register? Y'know,m aside from the obvious stuff like name and whatnot.
    Any consistent race from the show is allowed, but alicorns are off limits unless you can convince the majority of people here to allow one.

What's the basic situation; in short, how can I best jump in once I have a character?
    Basically, life in a town that's even crazier than Ponyville.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Okay, most of my questions have been answered adequately, thanks. Just one clarification: I meant, what situations are currently happening in said town that my character might happen to notice and get involved in?
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Okay, most of my questions have been answered adequately, thanks. Just one clarification: I meant, what situations are currently happening in said town that my character might happen to notice and get involved in?
    Not that I know of. You can just send your pony to the general thread Located Here and anybody with a free pony will send one to interact with you.

If your pony would go to a restaurant or something like that, I can get you the thread for wherever you think they'd mostly likely go.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

It should go without saying, but since I'm a kindly DM, I'll give ya'll a fair warning:

WARNING: CRITICAL STORY POINT REACHED. DO NOT BE A GOOFUS.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-05-22 at 07:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    It should go without saying, but since I'm a kindly DM, I'll give ya'll a fair warning:

WARNING: CRITICAL STORY POINT REACHED. DO NOT BE A GOOFUS.

So I can't have Snow Angel called out on that she's a psycho?

Rats.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I dunno, that could give Snickers and Silverpine a moment to grab Sandy and fly for their lives. We'd be sure to build a monument to posthumously honor Fox's valiant sacrifice for his bro.

If somebody actually has a plan, I'd love to hear it. Snickers ain't got much to say or do here, other than frantically try to distract/calm her down and beg her to be reasonable.

28. - Top - End - #1138

One final question: do I submit a registration here, or in another thread, or do I just start posting?
    IC thread

OOC thread

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd recommend posting a profile in this here thread. Here is one for one of my own characters, if you need an example. I look forward to seeing you in this world!
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno, that could give Snickers and Silverpine a moment to grab Sandy and fly for their lives. We'd be sure to build a monument to posthumously honor Fox's valiant sacrifice for his bro.

If somebody actually has a plan, I'd love to hear it. Snickers ain't got much to say or do here, other than frantically try to distract/calm her down and beg her to be reasonable.
    I'm actually curious as to why she snapped like that. Getting her to admit why might do it, though snatching Sandy away to buy time might be wise.